• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

kewlmyc

So that's where all the budget went. Fun two episodes. Hopefully we get a better understanding of
Ultra Instinct
sooner than later, and not have Goku just randomly master it 20 episodes from now.

Better than not showing at all.

tumblr_oszs2j7tiZ1vxrea9o1_500.gif

So that's where all the budget went. Fun two episodes. Hopefully we get a better understanding of
Ultra Instinct
sooner than later, and not have Goku just randomly master it 20 episodes from now.

we will definitely see it again before the end of the tournament

LotusHD

Banned
Thank you. It doesn't seem like much on paper, but I really don't feel like much is missing with him. He does his thing, it's super cool and then we move on. Can't really ask for more.

It's not even a "lack" of personality. This is his personality. But yeah I enjoy that he doesn't feel the need to run his mouth like most other strong characters do. He just wants to get shit done.

Basically.

it's interesting how freeza
doesn't seem intimidated by Jiren in the least

Doesn't mean anything tbh, no way Frieza is matching him

What I want to know is how and why Jiren got so strong. They definitely seemed to hint at a deeper story with the whole "He's doing this for his wish" thing

Aru

Man, those 2 episodes are exactly what we want from DBS. Best ones of the arc, yet.
Jiren is so powerful though!

I'm surprised people think Frieza is going to attack Goku. Frieza is the smartest person there (which isn't saying much but still). He knows if Goku goes down then Universe 7 is dead and he never gets revived. Frieza will do everything he can to make sure Universe 7 lives and he gets resurrected. He hates Goku with a passion but he's not blinded by it like Vegeta.

While Frieza does hate Goku for defeating him time and time again, he still holds a sense of respect for Goku. There's alot of evidence to support this from how the two have interacted it in this arc.

VeeP

Ultra Instinct

I figured
Ultra Instinct is basically what
Whis always talked about,
how you need your body to move on it's own without thinking
. Or do you mean
Goku's new form specifically?

VariantX

Has Frieza obtained Ultra instinct too?

No. The only thing we know is that Frieza has mastered his golden form because he got far better at controlling his KI through image training. Wouldn't be surprised if he gets it somehow, hes definately on the short list of fighters that can absolutely obtain it because of their bottomless latent potential

Dark_castle

Freizas gonna heal Goku isnt he?

Nah, here's what I think.

Frieza is not going to give Goku free energy. That conventional means of giving energy doesn't really work in making Goku achieving that ultra instinct form. He's going to launch a Genki dama level attack to Goku and indirectly force Goku to absorb the energy again and return to ultra instinct form. If the attempt failed, he would have killed Goku and it's still a win for Frieza anyway. Win win for Frieza.

sturmdogg

Rewatching 110 again.

Just can't get enough of Whis getting excited over Goku's new form.

Also, realized that Whis was giving off hints that suggest Jiren has the clown god's powers.

Rewatching 110 again.

Just can't get enough of Whis getting excited over Goku's new form.

Also, realized that Whis was giving off hints that suggest Jiren has the clown god's powers.

i feel like both these episodes strengthened that theory that Jiren is just a puppet of the Clown tbh

definitely not true though

kewlmyc

we will definitely see it again before the end of the tournament

Obviously. I just don't want it to be saved for the climax/final episodes of the tournament because who knows how long that will be from now.

At least other participants can shine now due to Goku taking a break.

Not that it's surprising but worth pointing out that it's confirmed that Goku wasn't thinking of wishing back the other universes if he won. I doubt there are many people in there that are though. If they do win and make that wish, it would probably be Gohan's suggestion.

lmao be true to you man

URmi9y2.png

Well, I have to say it. We just witnessed anime history. Those are two of the best anime episodes ever. And I do mean fucking ever. Holy shit. Talk about fucking nailing it.

Animation, story, action, music use, art, emotional connection, they had fucking everything!

I also fully understand what's going on.

Jiren was still mighty powerful, for sure, however it was very easy to see that the longer the fight went Jiren would have been in absolute trouble. The power on display from Goku was literally puzzling and having nearly all the gods shitting themselves. Even the fucking grand priest was like "get the fuck outta here.." he couldn't believe what he was witnessing and was beyond intrigued. As powerful as Jiren is, and as amazing as the reaction to his power was, the reaction to goku's power is legitimately a fucking shock to the gods.

Goku was more or less already down and out even while in the new form. The energy from the spirit bomb was more or less serving as a battery to fuel Goku's already badly damaged and fully weakened body. He's definitely achieved the mastery of self movement, but it's clear that Goku has yet another interesting power that the gods clearly don't understand. And if you watch it carefully, you will notice that Jirenu was slowly but surely losing control of the fight and was close to being overwhelmed by Goku. Goku's power just ran out and he started to lose grip on self mastery towards the end.

It looked as if he briefly achieved power surpassing all gods of destruction, and if it had continued further, Goku may have very well achieved power threatening far beyond a god of destruction. Fucking incredible!!!

Jaeger

Would anyone actually be surprised, though? Would it actually be out of the realm of possibility? In a few months Frieza was able to match the God Ki/Blue form that took Goku years to get to. Then, while in hell and bound, he manages to control the Golden form and match up to a Goku who fought a God controlling his body to limits beyond what he achieved up until that point.

Maybe not now, but I'm not writing our favorite space alien king out yet.

kewlmyc

I figured
Ultra Instinct is basically what
Whis always talked about,
how you need your body to move on it's own without thinking
. Or do you mean
Goku's new form specifically?

I figured both are one and the same. Having two different powerups show up at the same time would be super confusing. I'm just going to assume Goku's new form is
Ultra Instinct
. Makes the most sense instead of thinking there's yet another new form of Super Saiyan.

Well, I have to say it. We just witnessed anime history. Those are two of the best anime episodes ever. And I do mean fucking ever. Holy shit. Talk about fucking nailing it.

Animation, story, action, music use, art, emotional connection, they had fucking everything!

I also fully understand what's going on.

Jiren was still mighty powerful, for sure, however it was very easy to see that the longer the fight went Jiren would have been in absolute trouble. The power on display from Goku was literally puzzling and having nearly all the gods shitting themselves. Even the fucking grand priest was like "get the fuck outta here.." he couldn't believe what he was witnessing and was beyond intrigued. As powerful as Jiren is, and as amazing as the reaction to his power was, the reaction to goku's power is legitimately a fucking shock to the gods.

Goku was more or less already down and out even while in the new form. The energy from the spirit bomb was more or less serving as a battery to fuel Goku's already badly damaged and fully weakened body. He's definitely achieved the mastery of self movement, but it's clear that Goku has yet another interesting power that the gods clearly don't understand. And if you watch it carefully, you will notice that Jirenu was slowly but surely losing control of the fight and was close to being overwhelmed by Goku. Goku's power just ran out and he started to lose grip on self mastery towards the end.

It looked as if he briefly achieved power surpassing all gods of destruction, and if it had continued further, Goku may have very well achieved power threatening far beyond a god of destruction. Fucking incredible!!!

yeah it's like I said, I don't think Jiren has this Ultra Instinct ability. Maybe something really close to it, but not quite there. The gods literally shat themselves when it was suggested Goku had achieved it

Nah, here's what I think.

Nah. One, its hinted that if the Genki Dama had hit Jiren it would have pushed Jiren out means the Genki Dama was far beyond anything Frieza currently can produce. As well, the energy in the Genki Dama operates on a specific wave length that requires the person forming it to be clear of malice so another notch in Frieza not being able to replicate. Finally, it's a parallel to the end of the Frieza saga in DBZ when Goku offered his energy to Frieza.

Top Bottom