• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

daveo42

Banned
That was what I felt when Velmod talked to Jiren to be honest.

Yeah, that makes the most sense at this point and explains the power level disparity between Jiren and literally everyone else in the tournament.

Edit: Even one of the gods states in 109 that Jiren and Goku couldn't have reached their current levels through normal means.

LotusHD

Banned
Man, the new form is what deserves to have the SSB theme play for the first time, not SSB itself. Now that's a fucking new form.

I'm gonna guess Ultra Instinct and Goku's new form are two different things. Ultra Instinct allows Goku to see all of Jiren's attacks he couldn't see before, but he needs the new form to have the power to block those attacks.

The episodes lived up the hype minus the first 10 mins of that butterfly girl. Dunno if it was worth skipping a week of Super but I'll take it.

Will Jiren be defeated by Turkey day or not?

AGITΩ

these episodes had me grinning so hard. i felt like i kid again reliving the original ssj transformation of goku or gohan going ssj2.

Time for the "everyone gets bodied while waiting for Goku to recover" part of the arc.

I've been waiting to see Hit job to Jiren since he's been revealed. Major bodies better start dropping.

kewlmyc

The episodes lived up the hype minus the first 10 mins of that butterfly girl. Dunno if it was worth skipping a week of Super but I'll take it.

Will Jiren be defeated by Turkey day or not?

At least it was well animated.

And no, unless there's a secret boss, Jiren will be the final fight. We're not even halfway done with the tournament.

janoDX

I think the real Jiren isn't that strong. And Velmod gave him the power on the condition of winning the tournament.

Toppo knows that, but he is, in reality, the strongest of the troops.

And next episode Hit will expose Jiren and prove a point or weakness to Goku.

Yeah, that makes the most sense at this point and explains the power level disparity between Jiren and literally everyone else in the tournament.

Edit: Even one of the gods states in 109 that Jiren and Goku couldn't have reached their current levels through normal means.

This also caught my eye.

It surely is a possibility.

Eylos

Banned
I think the real Jiren isn't that strong. And Velmod gave him the power on the condition of winning the tournament.

It Gave me this Idea too or something like this, or he was created or something else

Dark_castle

Nah. One, its hinted that if the Genki Dama had hit Jiren it would have pushed Jiren out means the Genki Dama was far beyond anything Frieza currently can produce. As well, the energy in the Genki Dama operates on a specific wave length that requires the person forming it to be clear of malice so another notch in Frieza not being able to replicate. Finally, it's a parallel to the end of the Frieza saga in DBZ when Goku offered his energy to Frieza.
Oh ok, didn't know the energy had to be clear of malice.

This is probably true considering Velmod was training Toppo to be his successor.

I'm going to guess that Jiren's true ability is he can manipulate and use any energy. Thus, under the right conditions, he is more powerful than a god of destruction. Toppo is strongest in base but if the pride troopers including Toppo offer some of their power to Jiren, Jiren is temporarily much much stronger.

Basically, Jiren is kind of a living Genki Dama.

Man that was dope AF

cool guy struttin past Toppo's justice flash, no fucks given, so good.

THEN FRIEZA GONNA GIVE HIM HIS POWER MAH GAWD CAN THIS GET ANY BETTER?!

Magwik

Banned

Toppo was hyping up Jiren before, and the fact that "a mortal stronger than a GoD exists" came up again confirms it. He's the real deal.
Hoping for the same.

latest

A-V-B

I've been following this entire series via YouTube and forum posts -- until tonight. I got in on it officially, and it did not disappoint.

That was a fucking superb episode of an anime. Direction, animation... the only gripe I have is the same gripe as always, a boatload of time spent on characters going "oooaah" and explaining all the powers.

But fuck it. It was great. And that music, hot diggity damn. Sublime.

can we get a gif of toppo and dyspo sliding down that cliff?

also,
Belmod and the U11 Kai both shit their paints as well when Beerus mentioned Ultra Instinct. I don't think Jiren has it, he's just crazy strong.

longdi

Banned
What is the new powerup official name?
Ultra instinct saiyan grey? UISG?

Is it even a powerup or just a new skill? Did the writers finally make Goku surpass Beerus, a bit soon. Whis mentioned Goku power level is a tree, while Beerus is a jungle, but this new skill can overcome the power difference, ala Hit time skip?

It is going to be way harder to draw than lazy blue though.

The insert song definitely had that Kageyama influence.

I don't understand why that's such a rarity these days ; _ ;

between the song and the visual effect on Goku somehow it felt like I was watching some old ass shit like HnK

like nostalgia machine broke and sent me further back than it was supposed to

Welp no rule against that I guess.

The thing that makes me think their might be more to that whole situation is the clown's comment to Harley Quinn and her reaction. Something like "It's impossible for Jiren to lose to anyone". That could just be a generic praise thing but something about her reaction made me think it might have a bit more significance.

Top Bottom