• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

Sciz

... Really?

Are everyone's expectations just lower with Super or something? I don't mean to go into a rant here or anything but seeing people compare this to Goku's SSJ transformation or Gohan's SSJ2 transformation just has me absolutely baffled.

They've been building up to something like this since Battle of Gods. It doesn't have any immediate repercussions, but it's Goku's first serious step into a truly godly state, which catapults him into a completely different realm of respect and prestige when it comes to the movers and shakers behind Super's narratives. Where Super Saiyan was introduced and then trivialized almost immediately, this state is going to continue being significant for some time while the multiverse figures out what the fuck to do with a guy who's starting to make gods sweat.

Jaeger

Watched the
transformation portion over again. Whis spells it out pretty clearly that Goku's new form [Ultra Instinct] was gained by being hit by the Spirit Bomb. Not only did he move beyond his current limit, but the Spirit Bomb gave him a boost of energy when he was completely depleted of all energy.Another attack of that magnitude could therefore have allowed Goku to unlock that form too, but would have not given him the energy to wield it. Or maybe getting that boost at the crucial time was part of the recipe. Unique situational growth.

Frieza
will give him more, I am sure.

Magwik

Banned
The spirit bomb was pretty much a repeat of the SSG ritual. A one time thing that shatters his wall and opens up new possibilities.

kiaaa

I dunno what he could possibly get that'd let him get near Goku and Jiren's level, but uhh, good luck I guess lol

Still waiting for him to "be back"

I have a feeling his fight against the wolf is gonna be his high point and that sucks. Toriyama pretty much dropped him after Cell despite his potential for an alternate "power arc" with the mystic form.

Unbounded

So, uh,

Are we just going to gloss over the fact that Goku was straight-up flying when he used the Spirit Bomb on Jiren? Gotcha. Okay.

kiaaa

So, uh,

Are we just going to gloss over the fact that Goku was straight-up flying when he used the Spirit Bomb on Jiren? Gotcha. Okay.

He was being held up by the force pushing him. Honestly that's one of the least egregious flying mistakes.

LotusHD

Banned
I have a feeling his fight against the wolf is gonna be his high point and that sucks. Toriyama pretty much dropped him after Cell despite his potential for an alternate "power arc" with the mystic form.

Guess we'll see...

So, uh,

I mean, we glossed over Ribrianne having wings from a powerup that her teammates seemed to have helped given her, so meh

---

Also Ribrianne low-key a hypocrite, trying to strike down Goku while he was doing his Spirit Bomb. Sure it isn't a transformation, but it's kind of similar!

TreIII

That was delightful. Even right down to the them
Oozaru roars
for that last clash!

And well, as if I couldn't love Freeza anymore...

Jaeger

This special also puts to bed which of the two God Ki forms is stronger (can't believe that was even a thing).

It's Blue.

Unbounded

I mean, we glossed over Ribrianne having wings from a powerup that her teammates seemed to have helped given her, so meh

I'm 90% positive that was purely so we wouldn't question Goku getting energy from his teammates for the spirit bomb.

But I mean, yeah, no flying in the world of void guys.

EDIT:
Also apparently Goku and Jiren are in the "LightSpeed" tier now, since Dyspo was apparently unable to keep up with Goku's kick, no?

Guess we'll see...

That's not contradictory to anything though.

The flying thing is weird just because the stage was specfically meant to prevent flying unless the person is using wings or something.

AdanVC

I don't know about SSJ2, I would say it was on par with it. Definitely better than the SSJ1 though.

The camera angles in 110 were out of this world. I couldn't believe in my eyes that I was watching a DB episode, everything was SO well done.

Absolutely! Like I said, I thought I was watching a freaking movie or of this was animated by Madhouse OPM S1 team! Outstanding fighting scenes without a doubt.

longdi

Banned
With how OP jiren looks, i think he can only be disqualified. Vegeta blue is not going touch him. Hit looks like hitting jiren in the NEP, im sure thats just red herring bit.

The way Belmond speaks with jiren, somehow the rumor that jiren = belmond, thats cheating!

Of cos Super can still pull an ass out, allowing Goku UIS form to get more power up and last longer, in the next 30 mins of the ToP.

Btw Vegeta not contributing to genki dama stems from his saiyan pride of not asking for help. That s the way i see it, rather than him being a dick again.

LotusHD

Banned
Btw Vegeta not contributing to genki dama stems from his saiyan pride of not asking for help. That s the way i see it, rather than him being a dick again.

Why do y'all keep acting like these are mutually exclusive things

That's not contradictory to anything though.

The flying thing is weird just because the stage was specfically meant to prevent flying unless the person is using wings or something.

Sure, I just found it amusing.

AdanVC

Did Vegeta even raised his hands for Goku's genkidama back with Majin Bu?? I think he didn't there either D: He just helped on telling everyone to raise their hands.

Mory Dunz

I get they didn't want to take hype away from the new form, but SSB Kaioken x20 deserved more than that - It just looked like every other time he's used Kaioken on top of blue this arc.

I was really hoping it would have been a step up from when he first used it on Hit (red tint etc).

Also Boogie Back is still the best.

Yeah, It looked no where close to the aura and atmosphere of when he used it against Hit...

Laplasakos

Double episode lived up to the hype.

And i think we haven't seen yet the full power of ultra instict. Something bigger is coming for sure.

Super Saiyan White?

Freshmaker

I am Korean.

I think he was hedging his bets by conserving his energy.

And he was right to do so since he stopped Ribienne from love sniping Goku.

With how OP jiren looks, i think he can only be disqualified. Vegeta blue is not going touch him. Hit looks like hitting jiren in the NEP, im sure thats just red herring bit.

The way Belmond speaks with jiren, somehow the rumor that jiren = belmond, thats cheating!

Of cos Super can still pull an ass out, allowing Goku UIS form to get more power up and last longer, in the next 30 mins of the ToP.

Maybe not a red herring. Hit has that super fast improvement, it might be just what it looks like:Jiren dominating him but Hit hangs in long enough to improve and find a way to attack.

Goku vs Jiren already showed how absurdly strong Jiren is, so having Hit vs Jiren be a total stomp isnt necessary at this point. Jiren will still win but I think they will make the fight competitive.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
8jbBT1I.png

Did Vegeta even raised his hands for Goku's genkidama back with Majin Bu?? I think he didn't there either D: He just helped on telling everyone to raise their hands.

Wasn't he still dead at that point? Pretty sure you need to be alive to contribute.

The only time Geets ever gave energy was to defeat the true strongest BROLY!

lol

A-V-B

Maybe not a red herring. Hit has that super fast improvement, it might be just what it looks like:Jiren dominating him but Hit hangs in long enough to improve and find a way to attack.

Goku vs Jiren already showed how absurdly strong Jiren is, so having Hit vs Jiren be a total stomp isnt necessary at this point. Jiren will still win but I think they will make the fight competitive.

All Goku needs is for the other universes to step in while he heals up and can snap back into an ultra instinct slim jim.

Syntsui

Lmao Goku was indeed flying and pretty much everyone didn't even care about it.

What a stupid nonsense rule to enforce. So stupid even the people responsible for the episodes forgot about it.

dickroach

lol @ the summary for episode 112

The Tournament of Power is nearing its end. Though Cabba is fighting for the sake of Universe 6, he is having a tough battle against the super highspeed tackles of Universe 4's Monna. Just as he thinks he's done for, amazingly enough Vegeta saves him. Though Vegeta rouses Cabba by telling him to "fight to be MVP", Freeza is not amused...

so Frieza's going to off Cabba in like... 5 seconds flat

Top Bottom