• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

Tsunamo

I do love how this new form gives Goku a new goal to achieve. It'll be exciting watching him evolve after this tournament.

I noticed Freeza perked up noticing how the gods reacted to Gokus new movement mastery too. He's probably thinking that if he obtains something like that he can manipulate or overthrow them.
He can be redeemed if he reveals having the most simplistic training regime and then ends with "That's how I got strong".
100 PUSH-UPS, 100 SIT-UPS, 100 SQUATS, 10 KM RUNNING! EVERY SINGLE DAY!

He was Saitama all along
"this reminds me of namek". Got damn Frieza is gonna give goku some of his energy so he can get back up. Welp, there's the heel turn
That would be so poetic. To have Freeza give Goku some of his energy.

Slaythe

I am placing all my hopes in Frieza to salvage episode 112.

I do love how this new form gives Goku a new goal to achieve. It'll be exciting watching him evolve after this tournament.

I don't think Goku wants that though.

A form he can't really control that moves on its own ? That might be powerful but it sounds like something he'd avoid. He'll try to be even more powerful without this I think.

But he already has 'surpassing Jiren' as goal.

NeonBlack

Got damnit Beerus, if you would had just lent your power for the spirit bomb...

I was really hoping for this to be one of those "final" forms where he beats Jiren and then evaporated.

I was really hoping for this to be one of those "final" forms where he beats Jiren and then evaporated.

Looks like
Hit will weaken Jiren quite a bit from the NEP. I can only assume Goku comes back with the form and either its a double OK or finishes the job.

Tsunamo

At 4:34 of episode 110 we actually get our first in-tounament shot of the Universe 6 Namekians.
Goku new form seems like end game territory for Super. Maybe it really is finishing soon?
Toyable implied it's going up to at least End of Z, so I think we've still got a bit to go.
I am placing all my hopes in Frieza to salvage episode 112.

I don't think Goku wants that though.

A form he can't really control that moves on its own ? That might be powerful but it sounds like something he'd avoid. He'll try to be even more powerful without this I think.

But he already has 'surpassing Jiren' as goal.
Yeah I think he'll opt for something different, or to obtain movement mastery without a new form so that he can control it himself. It'll just be interesting to see where he goes now that it's been put on the table.

Assanova

That new form looks like the glow from The Last Dragon. I’m pretty sure that one of moves was ripped straight from a move Bruce Leroy did.

Slaythe

Nothing would have changed besides maybe lasting a little longer.

They said the spirit bomb would have beaten Jiren already.

But he was able to return it against Goku, that had nothing to do with the power of the bomb itself. So Beerus' power wouldn't have helped at all.

I noticed Freeza perked up noticing how the gods reacted to Gokus new movement mastery too. He's probably thinking that if he obtains something like that he can manipulate or overthrow them.

Yeah - the significance of this moment is to show that a mortal can 100% ascend to the level of the GoDs. Which is, when you get down to it, the end of the current power meta.

Goku has a way, in theory, to fight (and possibly beat) Beerus now. Provided he can do that form again. We've been waiting for this inevitable power shift since the BotG movie.

This gigantic 'Gods' super-arc has to come to a close at some point. I think we're getting close to the finale of it, maybe the arc after this one is when this series gets wrapped up in a bow? Or Toei decide to keep the train going forever.

Kysen

The moment that hype battle music started I was thrown right back into the 90s as a kid watching DB. Super is definitely stepping up.

This transformation would have been great if they didn't already used the idea of absorbing the spirit bomb in Super Andriod 13 and Goku black arc.

89b4711b106c318a241a451c907c2025.png

I just realized Goku's new form completely destroys the only unique thing about Gohan, base form with special aura. It's almost sad but now Gohan can go home and be a family man for reals.

Baleoce

Despite peoples qualms with having Frieza come back for this, so far he's been fun to watch. I love his reactions to big events, and you can see that although he's just as surprised as everyone else, he doesn't consider those things above him. Infact kind of like Goku he sees it as a new perspective to reach greater heights.

These episodes were freaking incredible

Jiren is still a trash 'character' tho.

I never liked the whole lean design aspect of Super, when comparing the same characters in Z. But with regards to Jiren, he could definitely benefit from not being roided out so much. It just looks odd lol.

The moment that hype battle music started I was thrown right back into the 90s as a kid watching DB. Super is definitely stepping up.

The lyrics threw me into flashbacks of watching 2006 YouTube anime music videos. I am not sure if that was what the creative team was going for.

Protome

Those episodes were great
despite the usual art inconsistencies that Super still struggles with.

I'm glad that he still struggled with Jiren after getting his new form too, it didn't make him OP or anything. But I got the impression from what Whis said about it being a temporary form that perhaps Goku was actually weaker in that form because he was running solely on Spirit Bomb energy and not his own Ki. I think his next permanent form will be him reaching that same state but using his own Ki instead so he's even stronger.

Either way, it was fun to watch Goku get beat up for 40 minutes.

Despite peoples qualms with having Frieza come back for this, so far he's been fun to watch. I love his reactions to big events, and you can see that although he's just as surprised as everyone else, he doesn't consider those things above him. Infact kind of like Goku he sees it as a new perspective to reach greater heights.

I never liked the whole lean design aspect of Super, when comparing the same characters in Z. But with regards to Jiren, he could definitely benefit from not being roided out so much. It just looks odd lol.

While I agree that Jiren is a bit roided out, you have to remember that each universe seems to have a parody angle. Universe 11 is obviously a variation of Justice League and Jiren is, for all intents and purposes, Superman. Look at 11's GoD resembling The Joker, his attendant, Harley, the Kai has a scheme similar to Robin, and Toppo originally was in a black cloak (Batmant). If Dypso is The Flash... well you get the idea.

These episodes were pretty great, not a fan of the new form though. The fighting between Goku and Jiren was awesome to see and seeing the Spirit Bomb again is always great to see.

Hit better not fucking job next episode.

These episodes were pretty great, not a fan of the new form though. The fighting between Goku and Jiren was awesome to see and seeing the Spirit Bomb again is always great to see.

Hit better not fucking job next episode.

He wont. The NEP shows him doing better than Goku did for the bulk of the fight imo.

Baleoce

While I agree that Jiren is a bit roided out, you have to remember that each universe seems to have a parody angle. Universe 11 is obviously a variation of Justice League and Jiren is, for all intents and purposes, Superman. Look at 11's GoD resembling The Joker, his attendant, Harley, the Kai has a scheme similar to Robin, and Toppo originally was in a black cloak (Batmant). If Dypso is The Flash... well you get the idea.

You make a very good point there.

On a side note. I hope they find a way to evolve Hits powers without just constantly increasing his time skip.

He wont. The NEP shows him doing better than Goku did for the bulk of the fight imo.

They're totally going to bring back Hit's bullshit
bullsHit?
from his first appearance.

"You're beating me! but now I've improved 0.1% so I can stand up to you again."

Hit defiantly shows that he can hold up pretty well (With the power of
Za Wardo
,) but I hope Jiren pull something then get Hit eliminated.

Pkaz01

RiBrianne needs to gooooo, I can't believe Frieza hasn't knocked her ass out with all the power of love shit she keeps spewing. Perfect person for Frieza to go after

Just got to sit down and watch it since I was sleeping while it aired and while I feel the fight could've been a bit longer I certainly was satisfied overall. The hype was real and the build up worth it. They added a mystique to the form, sort of like how Super Saiyan 1 had back in the day, only this time around it's everyone who doesn't know exactly what's happening.

Plus, this episode produced some amazing gifs!

tumblr_oxhyikMe7V1r906b2o1_540.gif

tumblr_oxhyikMe7V1r906b2o4_540.gif

Now to see if Goku can get that form back, there which I hope we get a bit more fighting and change ups in his style like we saw in this episode.

Also, seeing Freeza give up energy to Goku for the spirit bomb had me laughing.

Yooooo. finally got to watch it. Shit is fucking hype.
I'm glad the new form is not just another ssj transformation.
Jiren still stronk as fuck even at the end.

ajim

Freiza is amazing guys. The dude is smarter than anyone else in that tournament and is definitely thinking 2 or 3 steps ahead of the game here.

Frieza still the greatest by far.

CryptiK

Just got to sit down and watch it since I was sleeping while it aired and while I feel the fight could've been a bit longer I certainly was satisfied overall. The hype was real and the build up worth it. They added a mystique to the form, sort of like how Super Saiyan 1 had back in the day, only this time around it's everyone who doesn't know exactly what's happening.

Plus, this episode produced some amazing gifs!

tumblr_oxhyikMe7V1r906b2o1_540.gif

tumblr_oxhyikMe7V1r906b2o4_540.gif

Now to see if Goku can get that form back, there which I hope we get a bit more fighting and change ups in his style like we saw in this episode.

Also, seeing Freeza give up energy to Goku for the spirit bomb had me laughing.
The first one looks fucking awful, typical Tate shit.
The second one looks fucking amazing.

notaskwid

This transformation would have been great if they didn't already used the idea of absorbing the spirit bomb in Super Andriod 13 and Goku black arc.

I just realized Goku's new form completely destroys the only unique thing about Gohan, base form with special aura. It's almost sad but now Gohan can go home and be a family man for reals.

Gohan will get a new form.

Link_enfant

I haven't watched the TV Special yet so I'm avoiding spoilers as much as I can, but it looks like it's actually 42min long and not 1 hour. Am I right?

Do you guys think vegeta has something on his sleeve? He doesnt seem surprised of what occured.

also damn beerus got emotional when he thought Goku died.

Mephaisto

That was hype! The only thing bothering me, and this seems to be a problem with super in general, is that the actual fighting does not get much stream time, many interruptions through talking. I first noticed this last year with Vegito vs zamasu, the actual fighting was maybe a minute and a half of animation, the rest was talk. The actual fighting of Jiren vs Newform Goku was also kind of short. But still satisfying!

Does anyone know the song that is played during the fight?

Not a fan of the new ED, the song is good but the visual..I don't know, bland?

And I loved Freeza giving the energy, his addition really turned out great this far.

Top Bottom