• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

CryptiK

Geets was the only one thinking sensibly. Using the Spirit Bomb was a stupid idea, it was an all or nothing attack at what was basically the start of a fight. They could have even tried fusing before that!

And then it backfired, Goku made no real headway with Jiren even after getting a power up and now he's going to nap for a couple of episodes.

Thinking sensibly in what way? What you said makes zero sense, Jiren is stronger than Goku, Jiren is likely stronger than everyone. Hell Freeza gave energy and we know that dude is always scheming and plotting. Vegeta was being a fuck, and it was awful there is no other way to look at it.

NeonZ

I mean... if the other universes had a bunch of mortals like it, it would be a very odd thing to have as a rumour among the gods and angels if it was a fairly common thing to happen elsewhere.

There was that odd scene where it was shown that several of the universes (specifically 3 and 4, IIRC) didn't seem intimidated by Jiren's power.

I-hate-u

Geets was the only one thinking sensibly. Using the Spirit Bomb was a stupid idea, it was an all or nothing attack at what was basically the start of a fight. They could have even tried fusing before that!

And then it backfired, Goku made no real headway with Jiren even after getting a power up and now he's going to nap for a couple of episodes.

Geets didn't contribute cause he doesn't like Goku, not because he's a sensible fighter.

Piccolo is the smartest fighter on their team and he was ready to help out.

Frieza is getting interesting even more. Do you think he wants to push Goku beyond his limits even more to make him even stronger? He willingly gave him his force while Vegeta with his retarded pride didn't and now Frieza knows after his Golden form and after seeing Goku's Ultra Instinct that there is a possibility that such potential could be unlocked and kept for longer time if well conditioned and improved through more fighting and resistance.

Moosichu

Thinking sensibly in what way? What you said makes zero sense, Jiren is stronger than Goku, Jiren is likely stronger than everyone. Hell Freeza gave energy and we know that dude is always scheming and plotting. Vegeta was being a fuck, and it was awful there is no other way to look at it.

Vegeta was preventing outside sneak attacks.

NeonZ

Ribrianne's treatment is so weird. She gets a lot of screentime, but they've been basically making her look irrelevant with it. Even her joke power up form got one shoted by SSB Goku.

CryptiK

Vegeta was preventing outside sneak attacks.
Vegeta could have done that after giving energy. Also Ribrianne is garbage and they need to dumpster her asap, that shit is already old and annoying. I feel like that when they need to pad time they bring her in because each attack she does is like a fucking mini episode.

Freeza is totally paying Goku back for Namek, gotta have dat Freeza energy.

ajim

Ribrianne's treatment is so weird. She gets a lot of screentime, but they've been basically making her look irrelevant with it. Even her joke power up form got one shoted by SSB Goku.
I don't mind her still. I quite like that universe and their love focus. Pretty unique.

caliph95

How is she not beating base Goku to the ground

Ribranne is a joke (intentionally so)

The moment Goku was revealed to use Ultra Instinct and the vocal music kicking in was so Hokuto no Ken.

3301380-184837.jpg

Loved it!

Yup, this fool is using some Nanto Rokusei Ken. Rei would be proud. xD

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Yeah I'm not sure what they're really doing with her... But then again they were pulling stuff right from the movies that episode so maybe they didn't either!

Mark1

It’s episodes like this which make me really like Goku. Really suited that transformation and seeing Whis get excited over the power of it was quite something. The fight itself was one of the best in Super thus far.

The GoDs’ reaction (especially Beerus) to the transformation and Frieza’s response to their fear was also well played. Basically hinting that Frieza is going to be around after this tournament.

Seeing him give Goku his energy for the Spirit Bomb and after the fight was great character interaction. Definitely has been one of the best developed characters in Super.

Disappointed at the lack of screen time for the others like 17 tho.

Cannot wait to see Hit vs Jiren next week.

yoonshik

Despite peoples qualms with having Frieza come back for this, so far he's been fun to watch. I love his reactions to big events, and you can see that although he's just as surprised as everyone else, he doesn't consider those things above him. Infact kind of like Goku he sees it as a new perspective to reach greater heights.
freezer.gif

I-hate-u

Yeah I love when they make Goku serious. The way Goku was brushing off Toppo and making him jealous was fantastic to see.

Butttt, they made Jiren waay too strong. At worst, the strongest efforts of Ultra Goku only a few scratches on him.

The ranking is as follow based on what we saw: Monoka > Zeno > GP > Angels > Jiren >>Hakaishin/Goku >>>>>>>>>Geets.

Edit: oh yeah, Freeza "out-Vegetas" Vegeta at his own game

Now I can't imagine what they are going to imagine as a pretext or form or circumstance that will allow Son Goku to win against Jiren. I am sure they are running out of ideas right now.

Yeah I love when they make Goku serious. The way Goku was brushing off Toppo and making him jealous was fantastic to see.

Butttt, they made Jiren waay too strong. At worst, the strongest efforts of Ultra Goku only a few scratches on him.

The ranking is as follow based on what we saw: Monoka > Zeno > GP > Angels > Jiren >>Hakaishin/Goku >>>>>>>>>Geets.

Exactly.

CryptiK

Really didn't think Jiren was going to be God of Destruction level and above. Makes you wonder where the series goes from here.
We still have Angels, Angel Dad and Zeno. Series has plenty places to go. But I assume they will ride this out a bit where Goku can't do it freely for a while.

I-hate-u

I think she's a Toriyama design so maybe she'll do something worthwhile later...

They gave her 15 mins of this special, that's as she far as what she going to get. Base Goku was not even sweatin'

Extremely disappointing to see another potential character wasted. This arc will be remembered as the Jiren and others tournament.

Kazuhira

Damn,the ending of episode 110 is some games of thrones shit.
I know he is not going to do it because they need Goku but damn..Friieza's face is really something.

CryptiK

Also based on spoilers from the leaked summaries
I cant see the tourney being over soon. The Namekians havent had proper screen time yet, invisi warriors are still no where to be found and none of the upcoming episodes mention that. Additionally no eliminations in this episode so yeah this is going for a few more months yet.

They gave her 15 mins of this special, that's as she far as what she going to get. Base Goku was not even sweatin'

Extremely disappointing to see another potential character wasted.
Shes a gag character nothing more. This should have been expected, and hopefully we never have to see her again after this tourney.

We still have Angels, Angel Dad and Zeno. Series has plenty places to go. But I assume they will ride this out a bit where Goku can't do it freely for a while.

The other hakaishins (and kaioshins) from other non concerned universes aren't thrilled or surprised by neither Jiren nor Goku Ultra Instinct. It seems not only their mortals' level is very high, but also their kaioshins and hakaishins levels too. The low level hakaishins were frightened by a mortal reaching that form which is hard even for a hakaishin to reach but there is a possiiblity to do it and it seems the other 4 hakaishins have already mastered it to a certain extent that makes them indifferent and not worried.

CryptiK

The other hakaishins (and kaioshins) from other non concerned universes aren't thrilled or surprised by neither Jiren nor Goku Ultra Instinct. It seems not only their mortals' level is very high, but also their kaioshins and hakaishins levels too. The low level hakaishins were frightened by a mortal reaching that form which is hard even for a hakaishin to reach but there is a possiiblity to do it and it seems the other 4 hakaishins have already mastered it to a certain extent that makes them indifferent and not worried.
Mortal level != power level, its entirely likely that none of those universes have anyone as strong. And some of them were thrilled at least very interested.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

Extremely disappointing to see another potential character wasted. This arc will be remembered as the Jiren and others tournament.
I'm really upset about this.

It seems that not all of the GoDs were surprised or impressed with Jiren's power.

Also, one hell of a coincidence showing the blue spiky character with mouse GoD being so calm.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
The writers are definitely trolling us with Ribrianne. She's supposed to be a maiden of love but generates hate in us thanks to her ugly design, annoying behaviour, and lines. Trying to attack Goku while he was charging up was so irritating. Definitely a joke character.

N7.Angel

Well I pretty much hate everything from Super but this double episode was fire, it's been a long time since DB doesn't felt like DB, things have finally becoming interesting, I hope it won't turn back to its stupid self after that, I think Frieza is trying to reactivate ultra instinct mode, hype for what's coming next.

Just saw the episodes... simply amazing. I was totally blown away by the sheer awesomeness of the two episodes. 109 was already great (except for the Ribrianne part, someone ring her out please), but 110 managed to go even beyond that. Superb artwork, excellent pace, placement of the BGM was perfect and the insert song was great. Also amazing Freezer moments. He has become a far more valuable ally than Vegeta by now.
Overall my favorite Super episodes so far (even more hype than the Yamcha baseball episode).

Ribrianne is a sailor moon parody...I wonder if jiren is a sneak one punch man/allmight parody ��

No. At least, not directly.

As someone else already pointed out, Jirens universe is a Justice League parody. Dyspo is the flash, the GoD is the joker, with Harley Quinn as his angel. Toppo showed up in a cloak and covered up because he's kinda batman?

Jiren is superman.

caliph95

giphy.gif

Are you surprised

Top Bottom