• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

RocknRola

Even during the big fight between Goku and Jiren, Dyspo was doing a supermodel photo shoot.

LWQMXqD.jpg

lol

Vegeta could have done that after giving energy. Also Ribrianne is garbage and they need to dumpster her asap, that shit is already old and annoying. I feel like that when they need to pad time they bring her in because each attack she does is like a fucking mini episode.

Freeza is totally paying Goku back for Namek, gotta have dat Freeza energy.

Freeza: the best good bad guy!

As strong as Jiren is, nobody saw how obvious it was that Goku was literally going to continue evolving and would have become too much for even him possibly?

What saved Jiren was the fact Goku ran low on power and the eyes began changing. Even the very moment he connected with Jiren at the end, his eyes right before that no longer had the silver look to them. The gods we're straight up amazed. Goku achieved something that isn't easy for even the gods to do. They were fucking blown away and seemingly scared. I loved it.

Now I see what all the hype was about when in the earliest marketing materials they were saying the work of Gods ends here or something like that. That terrible thing was the likelihood that the gods now fear goku enough to want him dead and out of the way.

redfox088

Banned
No. At least, not directly.

As someone else already pointed out, Jirens universe is a Justice League parody. Dyspo is the flash, the GoD is the joker, with Harley Quinn as his angel. Toppo showed up in a cloak and covered up because he's kinda batman?

Jiren is superman.
Ok that makes more sense....but Allmight is very popular and is the embodiment of justice. The super hero anime has been very popular in anime recently So it can be interpreted as a parody of the subgenre as a whole.

M.D

Why is Jiren acting to the opposite of the one personality trait that he has? He's supposedly super serious and doesn't fuck around, but even after he was told directly by his God to use his power and get rid of Goku he doesn't do it when he clearly could have

caliph95

Ok that makes more sense....but Allmight is very popular and is the embodiment of justice. The super hero anime has been very popular in anime recently So it can be interpreted as a parody of the subgenre as a whole.
All Might is not as popular or well known as SuperMan and even he is based on SuperMan archetype since he was the original

Finished the special. Wow haven't felt like this hyped and excited since I was a kid, this was easily the best Super episode, and definitely one of my all-time favourites. The fight was amazing, Jiren is a beast, Goku new form is great, the soundtrack was amazing. The only issue was Ribrianne, she never bothered me before but this episode she was really annoying. Also, lol at Vegeta not giving energy to the spirit bomb, even Freeza did it.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Why is Jiren acting to the opposite of the one personality trait that he has? He's supposedly super serious and doesn't fuck around, but even after he was told directly by his God to use his power and get rid of Goku he doesn't do it when he clearly could have
Same reason he didn't knock out Kale: they still want to use him later.

Astral Dog

Thinking sensibly in what way? What you said makes zero sense, Jiren is stronger than Goku, Jiren is likely stronger than everyone. Hell Freeza gave energy and we know that dude is always scheming and plotting. Vegeta was being a fuck, and it was awful there is no other way to look at it.
Im still angry at Vegeta 😒

throwing Ribrianne off is no justification for what he did , she should have been eliminated awhile ago by him, Goku or Jiren considering she just interrupts fights and throws hearts. i think even if she tried to sneak attack Goku Jiren wouldn't let her.

Linkark07

Banned
Those episodes, especially the last one, were awesome. Had goosebumps while watching Goku fight Jiren.

Vegeta disappointed me though. After he was desperate to have Goku make a Genki Dama for destroy Kid Buu, now he didn't want to give him his energy. Unlike Frieza. Man, I can't still decide if Frieza had a change of heart or if he is still the evil emperor we love to hate.

And yeah, Ribranne needs to be kicked out of the stage. She is starting to get annoying.

Can't wait for Hit vs Jiren next week.

redfox088

Banned
All Might is not as popular or well known as SuperMan and even he is based on SuperMan archetype since he was the original
The only way to find out for sure is through his backstory. If it’s the “unbeatable without a kryptonite-esque caveat” thennits superman. If it’s a “inheritance or transference of power” type of thing then it is Allmight.

caliph95

Ribranne is funny at times her fights are annoying though and a waste of time

Also guessing Hit will use a technique to permanently or temporarily until after the tournament weakened Jiren to give people a fighting chance
the previews did mention him paralyze him

As strong as Jiren is, nobody saw how obvious it was that Goku was literally going to continue evolving and would have become too much for even him possibly?

What saved Jiren was the fact Goku ran low on power and the eyes began changing. Even the very moment he connected with Jiren at the end, his eyes right before that no longer had the silver look to them. The gods we're straight up amazed. Goku achieved something that isn't easy for even the gods to do. They were fucking blown away and seemingly scared. I loved it.

Now I see what all the hype was about when in the earliest marketing materials they were saying the work of Gods ends here or something like that. That terrible thing was the likelihood that the gods now fear goku enough to want him dead and out of the way.

Frieza did.

Astral Dog

I will never understand this, Goku is a Saiyan, a special snowflake race of super warriors that can transform into Gods somehow, Frieza is a mutated space monster you would think he couldn't copy Goku even if he wanted because he doesn't have Whis training for a start.

I rather Frieza gets stronger by other means like the Dragon Balls but oh well :p

Blackage

All these Goku/Jiren Gifs and all I want for Christmas is the last panel in 110 of Frieza looking amazingly awesome. :)

Parshias7

Jiren would be a lot more interesting if he had a personality.

That's what this arc is missing. The 'villain' in this case is a hunk of drywood. At least in the previous tournament arc Hit was an assassin with an interesting special ability. Jiren is just Quiet Strong Guy Alien.

What saved Jiren was himself.

Did that look like a man that was in any danger? That wasn't a block, he caught that fist.

That's what this arc is missing. The 'villain' in this case is a hunk of drywood. At least in the previous tournament arc Hit was an assassin with an interesting special ability. Jiren is just Quiet Strong Guy Alien.

But he's not a villian or even a heel.

I will never understand this, Goku is a Saiyan, a special snowflake race of super warriors that can transform into Gods somehow, Frieza is a mutated space monster you would think he couldn't copy Goku even if he wanted because he doesn't have Whis training for a start.

I rather Frieza gets stronger by other means like the Dragon Balls but oh well :p

Frieza is the mutated space monster who was capable of getting to where Goku over what, 20 years? of development with Goku being trained by gods already at that point, in four months. He's about as "special snowflake" as they come.

There's really no reason at all to think there is any level frieza can't reach yet.

That was for DBZ.
This is DB Super synopsis.
:p

caliph95

The fucking wiki lol

Usage and Power

Phff. We know almost nothing of it, stop wanking, dbtard. It is not going to help goku beat superman, since its best feat deastroying the arena with no effort, so yes, it is buliding' level, nothing more. Batman beats his ass.

N7.Angel

Frieza is the most ridiculous character in all DBZ, his power up are fucking terrible, the writing of the character is garbage, it should have stay dead after trunk cut his ass in million parts.

Slaythe

My hopes :

Frieza takes out Vegeta

17 takes out Brianne ASAP

At least one U6 saiyan drops out within the next 4 episodes.

Please.

I-hate-u

Sooo have we agreed on a name for this form?

Ultra Instinct Goku is kinda lame, but it't the best we got for now.

My hopes :

Frieza takes out Vegeta

17 takes out Brianne ASAP

At least one U6 saiyan drops out within the next 4 episodes.

Please.

Honestly, Vegeta and Ribrianne over stayed their welcome. I shake my head every time they're on screen.

Frieza is the most ridiculous character in all DBZ, his power up are fucking terrible, the writing of the character is garbage, it should have stay dead after trunk cut his ass in million parts.

Please, he's being a better Vegeta type character than Vegeta. This arc would have been even worse without him

NZerker12

So with the introduction of the Ultra Instinct Form/Power, I would like for them to use this time to separate Goku and Vegeta. Since the Saiyan Saga Vegeta has forever been in Goku's Shadow and always seems to achieve forms after Goku. However with this they should branch them out and have Vegeta pursue a different power.

I would have this:

Goku: Ultra Instinct
Vegeta: Next evolution of SSJ God/Blue
Gohan: Next evolution of Ultimate Form, perhaps with God Ki.

This way we have 3 saiyans who have pursued different paths, thus giving us varied style of combat.

RocknRola

Ultra Goku sounds kinda nice, but it's probably best to see if he can get back to it in the near future before deciding on a name. Not that it will stop the fanbase at large of course....

Parshias7

But he's not a villian or even a heel.

Neither was Hit, (or Jackie Chun, or possibly Beerus) but he had something going for him.

Jiren might as well be a block of concrete. The nadir of Dragon Ball antagonists who is just Guy Who Is Strong. There are one-off jobber contestants in this tournament with more character and personality.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I don't care who wins, it just shouldn't be Frieza. I don't want the next arc based on him. Enough. I mean, I love what he's doing here but I also don't wanna see him anymore if that makes sense.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I feel like this arc will conclude with a delay Jiren finish. Even with the boost, Goku only could match him. Time drags out and U7 has more fighters left.

Astral Dog

Jiren is so muscles its funny but also this Tournament has many other fighters to spice things up (Ribrianne, Frost, Toppo, the Trio Dangers, Maji Kano,Ganos, Dyspo that got highlighted) U6 Tournament basically was Magetta and Cabba taking scraps while Hit got hyped.
This Tournament is far better :^)

TrueBlue

So with the introduction of the Ultra Instinct Form/Power, I would like for them to use this time to separate Goku and Vegeta. Since the Saiyan Saga Vegeta has forever been in Goku's Shadow and always seems to achieve forms after Goku. However with this they should branch them out and have Vegeta pursue a different power.

I would have this:

Goku: Ultra Instinct
Vegeta: Next evolution of SSJ God/Blue
Gohan: Next evolution of Ultimate Form, perhaps with God Ki.

This way we have 3 saiyans who have pursued different paths, thus giving us varied style of combat.

I hope this is what they're going for. Would make things a lot more interesting.

I'm almost certain Gohan will get a unique transformation for this arc. They've been teasing it for a while, and Gohan is aiming for it.

redfox088

Banned

I like SSU but I’m not sure if him being a saiyan has anything to do with him attaining UI. Like maybe the malice of SSB mixed with the genkidama to help him achieve it. If so I am partial to Super Saiyan Ultra/ Ultra Super Saiyan.
It will most likely, knowing Toei, end up being Super Saiyan God Super saiyan Ultra Instinct

Look at Freeza giving Goku some of his power, what a team player.

People always thought Goku giving Frieza energy on Namek was dumb but I think that scene is finally getting redeemed through DB Super. In the end Goku was right to show compassion to Frieza. I love it!

As compared to what, slapping the word "super" in front of something?

Eh. "Super Instinct" would be a stupid name too.

redfox088

Banned
I hope this is what they're going for. Would make things a lot more interesting.

I'm almost certain Gohan will get a unique transformation for this arc. They've been teasing it for a while, and Gohan is aiming for it.
I would like vegeta to get a super saiyan anger form since his son can obtain it.

People always thought Goku giving Frieza energy on Namek was dumb but I think that scene is finally getting redeemed through DB Super. In the end Goku was right to show compassion to Frieza. I love it!

Eh. "Super Instinct" would be a stupid name too.

Yeah that is a nice touchnight must admit.

longdi

Banned
It was mentioned Jiren wanted to win the Top for the super dragonballs. Wonder why he needs them? Another sign the rumors are true, Jiren is a Pinocchio of Belmont, he needs the SDB to make himself alive?

The last 2 episodes are weird that somehow it becomes SDB > erasure.

Top Bottom