• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

It was mentioned Jiren wanted to win the Top for the super dragonballs. Wonder why he needs them? Another sign the rumors are true, Jiren is a Pinocchio of Belmont, he needs the SDB to make himself alive?

The last 2 episodes are weird that somehow it becomes SDB > erasure.

I said that too. Also, at some point when Jiren was fighting, the clown hakaishin was focusing, eyes closed, as if he was spiritually/mind controlling him

I said that too. Also, at some point when Jiren was fighting, the clown hakaishin was focusing, eyes closed, as if he was spiritually/mind controlling him

If he was mind controlling him, it wouldn't make sense to have a scene of him telekinetically telling Jiren to finally start fighting goku.

It could be the most passive mind control ever I guess ("would you kindly").

redfox088

Banned
If belmod gave up his power/mind controls to jiren that would be a cop out...maybe belmod created jiren? I like that idea.

Kusagari

Why does the Mouse god not give a shit about anything? He's still just smirking while everyone else is freaking about Jiren.

I want to call the new power up Goku, Ultra Goku but that would be pointless since we know somehow he will gain a new form down the line.

Now we wait to see how the rest of the arc treats Gohan. I hope he gets a power up.

M.D

Prediction:

Goku can't regain UI again during this tournament, but Jiren is defeated somehow. U6 & U7 survive and they wish all the universes back.

Caulifla unlocks Ultra Instinct accidentally while Kale is giving her a back massage.

Fast forward to the future where Goku feels like wiping out trillions of people again, he meets Caulifla and Kale again during the ToP 2 where he asks her to teach him how to use Ultra Instinct because he wasn't able to use it ever since that first time, which she does.

The circle is complete.

Skii

Well that was definitely worth the wait.

Amazing fight scenes that make these some of the best episodes in Super. Up there with EP 90!

EP 109 was probably my favourite. Goku couldn't even budge Jiren. Some really nice callbacks to Z with KKx20 and the ending of EP 110. I also liked how they highlighted Goku couldn't conjure up the spirit bomb in SSJ form because of it calling on the inherent evilness of saiyans. The art was just top tier.

EP 110 was still really good but some poor art creeped in which is kinda disappointing considering its Goku's new form. I really do like the design of the new form. Simple like it should be but actually holds new techniques/abilities as well as actually building upon Whis' training. I did feel chills when even all the gods were in awe of Goku's mastery.

I know people don't like Jiren but these two episodes did him justice. He's supposed to be a man of few words to maintain this mysterious persona. And he completely bodies everyone. Even after Goku went ultra instinct it was clear he was still no match for Jiren.

Onto the main thing I disliked - Vegeta not giving his ki for the spirit bomb. It was so fucking dumb. It really is starting to piss me off with their constant terrible characterisation of him. He's supposed to be over his grudge with Goku from the Buu arc but apparently Frieza now holds less of a grudge with Goku than Vegeta??? Just poor writing.

Overall, top tier DBS and its going to be a shame returning to the pacing of one episode per week.

Nope. The name is 'Tournament of Power Climax Arc" set. holy shit.

The fact that Gohan is amongst the 4 is interesting :D

NZerker12

To think Toppo was a good challenge for Goku during that demostration fight,now look at him.

Lol once Goku went Blue, Toppo got completely outclassed. Even if he went Full power, Goku could just go Kaioken Blue and end it. Toppo is closer to Gohan's level than Goku's.

Why does the Mouse god not give a shit about anything? He's still just smirking while everyone else is freaking about Jiren.

giphy.gif

Supast4r

I can't be the only one that thinks it would be a shame if Frieza just goes back to being dead after this arc right? He's just so damn fun and I love his interactions with all the characters. I don't know how they'll do it, but I want him to stick around.

We all know that Freezer isn't staying dead after this.

Supast4r

I get they didn't want to take hype away from the new form, but SSB Kaioken x20 deserved more than that - It just looked like every other time he's used Kaioken on top of blue this arc.

I was really hoping it would have been a step up from when he first used it on Hit (red tint etc).

Also Boogie Back is still the best.

Finally someone else that agrees on Boogie Back

The new form was amazing and the special was just rad as all fuck but I really hope this mode isn't something Goku eventually masters in the next bunch of episodes and then quickly teaches Vegeta. If this form really makes him this strong, I hope it takes a while for him to master and I hope the others like Vegeta and Gohan and whatnot don't just mimic it quickly.

I want them to be powerful but in their own way or at least have to work to get there.

Kevinroc

Gohan's strong don't get me wrong but since BoG he has never come close to Goku's power, nor does he really need to. Gohan's still probably in the top 5 strongest characters in the tournament though.

Gohan's probably just outside the top 5.

1: Jiren
2: Goku
3: Hit
4: Vegeta
5: Freeza

NeonZ

I still think the mortal stronger than the GoDs will turn out to be one of the warriors from his universe. We know a big character still will debut, but already has merchandising in the way even before their reveal, and the reference to the mortal stronger than GoDs here was kind of odd. Whis talked like he knew nothing about this mortal, while last time it was suggested they knew which universe he came from at least.

Supast4r

SSJ was hinted as soon as Goku step foot on Namek and destroyed 2 members of the Genyu squad right? Yeah, the setup was well done and it must be said that it's much easier to pull it off when it's the first time duh! ;) UI came out of nowhere since it was never hinted that a new form was needed to power up further. Even so, people saw the form a couple of weeks ago and they are still hyped so DB super delivered.
Whis hinted at the form in the early episodes. He said that to achieve power higher than a god of destruction, a person would have to move faster than they react. He was hinting at this hence why he was fanboying and the gods freaked out.

Hit vs Jiren! I remember wanting this last year and everyone said it wasn't going to happen. In your face!!

I don't remember that.

As far as I remember, people expected hit to job to jiren to be his hype man before goku took a swing (if vegeta didn't get the chance first).

Thankfully neither happened yet.

Typical

Banned
That was well worth staying up for, two of the best episodes in a long while.

Goku will probably get healed or get time to recover and do the transformation for himself. This transformation was basically fuelled by the spirit bomb so wasn't gokus own power or doing.

Like when he first went rose god his body remembered the power and was able to transform himself.

I think we will get a talk with u6 saiyans telling goku to get that tingling sensation to help him transform for himself.

Volta

Neo Member
Anyone else want to see Freeza deal with Ribrianne? Considering Freeza's hatred for cutesy things coupled with his mental training in hell, it might make for an interesting scene/fight. The thought of Freeza becoming frustrated over not being able to land a clean hit on her sounds entertaining.

I always thought the thing that put beerus on a completely different level wasn't just his strength or bottomless ki, but how effortlessly he moved.
If you go back and watch BoG(movie/super) again you can actually see this "ultra instinct" clearly.

He also uses it in the most recent chapter of the manga.
I don't think this is a new form perse, at least the instict part of it isn't; the "heat" is definitely something else though.

Also I don't think Jiren is the GoD level mortal, feels like misdirection to me.

caliph95

Anyone else want to see Freeza deal with Ribrianne? Considering Freeza's hatred for cutesy things coupled with his mental training in hell, it might make for an interesting scene/fight. The thought of Freeza becoming frustrated over not being able to land a clean hit on her sounds entertaining.
Well someone needs to get rid of her

RocknRola

Prediction:

Goku can't regain UI again during this tournament, but Jiren is defeated somehow. U6 & U7 survive and they wish all the universes back.

Caulifla unlocks Ultra Instinct accidentally while Kale is giving her a back massage.

Fast forward to the future where Goku feels like wiping out trillions of people again, he meets Caulifla and Kale again during the ToP 2 where he asks her to teach him how to use Ultra Instinct because he wasn't able to use it ever since that first time, which she does.

The circle is complete.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Supast4r

Vegeta has always hesitated to do something like this (Cell fight etc). He was even reluctant to fuse with Goku. It's just his pride stuff, doesn't mean he's a jerk or anything.

Although, he gave Trunks his energy pretty fast in the Fused Zamasu fight.

Trunks is his son so that's different.

Berserker Kale or Hit for number 5 . Hit would still beat Vegeta probably just as easily as before.

Hit putting up a fight against Jiren might make him number 3, no?
Granted, that'd be a big gap between Goku at 2 and Hit at 3, but that's going to be true no matter who you put there currently.

Supast4r

Lmao Goku was indeed flying and pretty much everyone didn't even care about it.

What a stupid nonsense rule to enforce. So stupid even the people responsible for the episodes forgot about it.

I mean the Zenos only care to enforce rules if they are constantly doing them. If Goku flies for a bit and looks cool then you swear that they care

Skeeter49

Prediction:

The circle is complete.

I wouldn't trust that back massage.

Top Bottom