• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Even during the big fight between Goku and Jiren, Dyspo was doing a supermodel photo shoot.

LWQMXqD.jpg

Hahaha how the heck did you even notice that.
Im cackling so deep to myself here.

On Topic

Any rules against using the SDBs to wish for all the erased Universes to be returned.
Our universe is guaranteed to win, but losing Jiren who is seemingly not actually a bad guy seems like a waste.

And what happens to everyones favorite Saiyjins Kale and Cauli.....they dont win the tournament and we lose them forever!?!?!

I still think the mortal stronger than the GoDs will turn out to be one of the warriors from his universe. We know a big character still will debut, but already has merchandising in the way even before their reveal, and the reference to the mortal stronger than GoDs here was kind of odd. Whis talked like he knew nothing about this mortal, while last time it was suggested they knew which universe he came from at least.

Wait what? Theres another big character coming?

Kyzer

Banned
Hahaha how the heck did you even notice that.
Im cackling so deep to myself here.

On Topic

Any rules against using the SDBs to wish for all the erased Universes to be returned.
Our universe is guaranteed to win, but losing Jiren who is seemingly not actually a bad guy seems like a waste.

And what happens to everyones favorite Saiyjins Kale and Cauli.....they dont win the tournament and we lose them forever!?!?!

Not guaranteed to win, Jiren will probably win and use the balls to wish everyone back

I still think the mortal stronger than the GoDs will turn out to be one of the warriors from his universe. We know a big character still will debut, but already has merchandising in the way even before their reveal, and the reference to the mortal stronger than GoDs here was kind of odd. Whis talked like he knew nothing about this mortal, while last time it was suggested they knew which universe he came from at least.

It's Jiren.

kuYuri

Jiren really is practically a gawd after all. The hype was real af.

Bow down to the true pimp.

3EUw3TA.jpg

I guess just about everyone is going to stand back and watch Jiren fight everyone rather than fight each other?

The top 3 flaws of DB Super:

- Goku acts too stupid compared to his DBZ self
- Vegeta development is too inconsistent, keeps switching between his post-Buu Saga self and his classic asshole self depending on the whims of the individual writers
- Gohan visual design is all over the place, especially in marketing materials but also in the anime itself

Effect

Gotta say I really like the scene with Goku and Ribrianne where he says he doesn't know what he'll do with his wish. That maybe he'll use it for Chi-chi or his sons as his first possibilities.

Arkeband

Banned
First good episodes in quite a long time, unfortunately the first half of 109 was Ribrianne stupidity, and a lot of cool fight shots in 110 were interspersed with too many "reaction shots" and overly long "Could it be...? No way...!" time wasters.

Vegeta must have a new form himself that he didn't want to risk sacrificing by giving up some of his power, knowing that Goku is the type to blow everything at once without having a plan to dispatch of the rest of the combatants even if he defeated Jiren.

And yeah, Jiren must have a slimmed down second form, his giant-chest tiny-head form isn't a typical Toriyama final boss type.

TrueBlue

Gotta say I really like the scene with Goku and Ribrianne where he says he doesn't know what he'll do with his wish. That maybe he'll use it for Chi-chi or his sons as his first possibilities.

Yeah, I liked that too. Unexpected to an extent, even though we all know he loves his family.

M.D

Yep.

New warrior for the climax of the arc teased by toy promotion.

There's also an upcoming episode title called
Ghastly! Explosive Birth of a New Super Warrior!

Ultra Super Power Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Ultra Instinct Limit Breaker Kale

lessgooooo

Supast4r

The top 3 flaws of DB Super:

- Goku acts too stupid compared to his DBZ self
- Vegeta development is too inconsistent, keeps switching between his post-Buu Saga self and his classic asshole self depending on the whims of the individual writers
- Gohan visual design is all over the place, especially in marketing materials but also in the anime itself

Goku was always this stupid in Japanese version...

ehh y'all wild, vegeta has never given energy, cept when it was his son fighting someone who about to literally murder everything.

Also this keeps him "fresh" and he stopped ribrianne getting in the way.

"development" doesn't mean he has to become a completely different person, might as well kill him off and have tarble take over then.
Saiyan pride will always be a part of him.

Yep.

New warrior for the climax of the arc teased by toy promotion.

There's also an upcoming episode title called
Ghastly! Explosive Birth of a New Super Warrior!

Very interesting. Since jiren is not in the toys. somethings going to happen to him

Chi Chi gonna wish for Goten to lose whatever fighting spirit he still has in him...

Supast4r

ehh y'all wild, vegeta has never given energy, cept when it was his son fighting someone who about to literally murder everything.

"development" doesn't mean he has to become a completely different person, might as well kill him off and have tarble take over then.

Agreed. I just want him to get some kind of highlight. Can Vegeta ever be the one to win? Son always doing it is always my big gripe with Dragon ball as a series. It's one of the reasons why I loved the Black Goku/Cell arc.

Zalman

Agreed. I just want him to get some kind of highlight. Can Vegeta ever be the one to win? Son always doing it is always my big gripe with Dragon ball as a series. It's one of the reasons why I loved the Black Goku/Cell arc.
Him getting robbed in Resurrection F is still one of the worst decisions in Dragon Ball.

Kazuhira

I kinda expected that everyone would give their energy to Goku,not just the U7 team.
If no one can't defeat Jiren they are all fucked anyway,the enemy of my enemy and all that shit.
Also,i liked the idea that Jiren could've been disqualified for killing Goku.

McNum

I liked Frieza giving power to the Spirit Bomb. He recognizes the attack, knows how much it sucks to get hit by, and then chips in. Because if nothing else it will be amusing to watch Jiren take it to the face.

I kind of hope Frieze is recharging Goku in that last shot. If only because that would cement Frieza as the better team player compared to Vegeta. And that would be hilarious.

Volta

Neo Member
I'm probably of the minority opinion but I don't think what Vegeta did was all that bad to be quite honest. Goku knows how to fight but he tends to get in way over his head because he "wants to fight a stronger opponent" and because he doesn't really think things through sometimes. It's very likely that Vegeta realized Jiren was too much and decided not to waste any power on it or at the very least thought that his energy wouldn't even matter that much. Less likely but he could have also known Ribrianne was lurking and that she might try and pull something.

Baleoce

Shower thought: They've had Goku peak now because the ending is going to be Cell Games 2.0 with the team captain pulling it out of the bag. Goku will likely get an assist though. Or they'll just double team him like the old ED suggests. Gohan getting that win either way though.

RocknRola

New Warrior coming up huh? It kinda looks like a mix of Hit and Jiren tbh. But the slimmer shape makes me think of either a God Form OR a female warrior.

Time will tell I suppose!

Sec0nd

Man, that were some really sick episodes. Best ones of this arc for sure. Definitely matching the best of the Black arc.

I really wish they would've scrapped most of the previous episodes though. All those fights that happened before are the absolute definition of filler. Nothing of note happened. Some random fights with random gimmicky characters while fighting in base form. Yawn... You could've guessed the outcome of those fights from lightyears away. If only they would've put more time in the Jiren fight. Make the transformation feel more deserved or something. That would've been amazing.

But a fight finally reached hype level. Music was on point. Art and animation was solid. Finally some more reaction shots and conversations to explain wtf was happening and driving home the point of amazingness.

Loved the Ultra Instinct form as well. He was like some creepy anime ghost or something. His movements were really unnatural and his pose was sometimes that of a devilish being or something. The sound of him screaming was something else as well.

On my first rewatch I love that Jiren seemed sad that Goku "died" and bowed his head in respect some. Seems like a respectable guy. Can't wait to eventually learn more about how he got his power.

I hope he was the last GoD candidate before Vermouth took over but declined it.

LotusHD

Banned

Him being prideful, or stopping Ribrianne, does not mean he is suddenly not a dick. It's not like Ribrianne was about to attack just as he going to offer his energy or something. (Which would've made him look infinitely better. He just... chose not to. When even Frieza of all people did lol

I'm not actually that upset over it, if anything, it's more the fact that I'm a little annoyed that people keep saying it wasn't a dick move because he's a prideful guy, as if that is supposed to be this mutually exclusive thing lol

Lol nah, it's ultimately the Goku show in the end

Zalman

I'm probably of the minority opinion but I don't think what Vegeta did was all that bad to be quite honest. Goku knows how to fight but he tends to get in way over his head because he "wants to fight a stronger opponent" and because he doesn't really think things through sometimes. It's very likely that Vegeta realized Jiren was too much and decided not to waste any power on it or at the very least thought that his energy wouldn't even matter that much. Less likely but he could have also known Ribrianne was lurking and that she might try and pull something.
In any case the scene could have been handled better. They should have shown him going for Ribrianne right away instead of him saying he wouldn't help.

Top Bottom