• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

J-Rod

Folks acting like vegeta regressed to his namek arc personality over a 1 second scene all while he was protecting Goku in the same episode. Seems a tad bit hyperbolic.

Odoul

The music/atmosphere during the Jiren SSB Goku fight was great! So dark, and unlike anything in Super/Z/Faulconer.

Also I love that the rest of the tournament was captivated. Reaction shots to the action are some of the best parts of Dragonball.

Also kind of nice Goku thought of Chichi or his sons when contemplating his wish.

Real Hero

New Warrior emerging has to be

something about the bugs
The namekians merging
the lil blue guy transforming
Maybe another kale form but I doubt that

Astral Dog

Anyone else want to see Freeza deal with Ribrianne? Considering Freeza's hatred for cutesy things coupled with his mental training in hell, it might make for an interesting scene/fight. The thought of Freeza becoming frustrated over not being able to land a clean hit on her sounds entertaining.
Thats LOVE, not cute stuffed animals there is a difference Frieza doesn't hate Ribrianne,
Cabba
though 😈

Anth0ny

Even during the big fight between Goku and Jiren, Dyspo was doing a supermodel photo shoot.

LWQMXqD.jpg

lmao this is amazing

Baleoce

ehh y'all wild, vegeta has never given energy, cept when it was his son fighting someone who about to literally murder everything.

Also this keeps him "fresh" and he stopped ribrianne getting in the way.

"development" doesn't mean he has to become a completely different person, might as well kill him off and have tarble take over then.
Saiyan pride will always be a part of him.

Yeah I think pride played a certain part, but pride in that *he* still thinks in his mind that he's the one to finish this royale and be the last person standing. So I think he didn't give his energy because he believes doing so would worsen theirs and his own chances of doing that. Even if this was a big fight, in his eyes it was just one fight. He still helped. He just didn't see the point in putting all his eggs in one basket.

Him being prideful, or stopping Ribrianne, does not mean he is suddenly not a dick. It's not like Ribrianne was about to attack just as he going to offer his energy or something. He just... chose not to.

I'm not actually that upset over it, if anything, it's more the fact that I'm a little annoyed that people keep saying it wasn't a dick move because he's a prideful guy, as if that is supposed to be this mutually exclusive thing lol

Literally all the times goku and vegeta decide to play rock paper scissors to decide who goes first are "dick moves" then.
Might as well call it "saiyan moves" cause it's clearly deeply rooted in their DNA.

It's who they are, suddenly being upset by it or saiying dumb shit like "vegeta's dead to me" makes me wonder what show people have been watching for the past 20 years.

Amazingly, this was actually worth the hype. I still think Jiren is a bit boring, but Goku's new form was spectacular.

This really felt like a new kind of fight. The way that even we, as viewers, had to watch closely to see the instant attacks was a novel way of depicting just how strong these fighters are.

Volta

Neo Member
Folks acting like vegeta regressed to his namek arc personality over a 1 second scene all while he was protecting Goku in the same episode. Seems a tad bit hyperbolic.

Agreed. The scene most definitely could have been handled better but it doesn't seem out of character or even "inconsistent" imo. It was more like "You can do this without me" or "You won't be able to do it anyway." Regardless I think Vegeta protecting him more than made up for it.

Frieza doesn't want to be ruled by anyone. Frieza saw the fear the gods had for Goku's power. Could it be that anyone who achieves true mastery of that power is fit for ruling over everything, and that's why they're all so scared shitless or bothered by what they saw?

Frieza's goal is no matter how it happens, he wants to disrupt the absolute rule of the gods, and Goku right now is his only means of achieving that.

No matter how powerful Jiren is, Goku had closed the gap completely and was starting to get the better of him before he ran out of power.

LotusHD

Banned
Literally all the times goku and vegeta decide to play rock paper scissors to decide who goes first are "dick moves" then.
Might as well call it "saiyan moves" cause it's clearly deeply rooted in their DNA.

It's who they are, suddenly being upset by it or saiying dumb shit like "vegeta's dead to me" makes me wonder what show people have been watching for the past 20 years.

Got me confused with someone else

And I'm just going off this one episode, it made for an easy way to taunt my friend, who's a big Vegeta fan. No different from when y'all always go on about how Goku does something dumb every other episode lol

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Im seriously wondering how they're gonna have Goku defeat Jiren. Nothing would make sense.

Only a Ultra Instinct Gogeta fusion would make sense. Do it up..

Also, whens the last time we saw Goku fight this serious? Gotta be back no Namek when he turned ss1

Volta

Neo Member
Thats LOVE, not cute stuffed animals there is a difference Frieza doesn't hate Ribrianne,
Cabba
though 😈

That's fair. But I think it's too far-fetched to believe he may be disgusted by something like that though.

Got me confused with someone else

And I'm just going off this one episode. No different from when y'all always go on about how Goku does something dumb every other episode lol

not talking about you obviously...just like how I don't take your "y'all" personally.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
So, who's waiting for Grand Priest to injure Jiren and then we get a team up battle of Goku, Hit, Gohan and Jiren? Cuz, that's happening. I am sure :p

Zalman

Im seriously wondering how they're gonna have Goku defeat Jiren. Nothing would make sense.

If I wrote this story I would make people work together to take out Jiren. Like a Goku and Gohan tag team.

Beating Jiren should end up being the biggest war of attrition since everyone tried to take down Frieza on Namek. That's where I hoped it was headed when everyone surrounded Jiren and showed they didn't lose their will to fight.

Skeeter49

To be fair, no one besides Hit should be able to do anything to Jiren.
They would all get fucked instantly.

The only question mark is Kale, since Berserk gets stronger the more it's used. If it works like Broly did.

Kazuhira

Make him break the rules of the tournament perhaps.
But Jiren is not stupid,he is just standing there and doing nothing because of fear of killing a weakling by accident.

Also, whens the last time we saw Goku fight this serious? Gotta be back no Namek when he turned ss1

Maybe that little thing called teamwork Gohan and Whis keep suggesting.

Skii

Goku literally cant touch Jiren in SSBKK x20 and is forced to use the spirit bomb but Vegeta, the join second strongest person on U7, doesnt want to give his ki to Goku...

How is it hyperbole? That's terrible characterisation. Vegeta would absolutely give his ki if the writers werent complete idiots.

CryptiK

Nothing ever makes sense its Dragon Ball just watch it happen.

Astral Dog

#MakeFriezateamcaptain

And Great Saiyaman 2.
Frieza certainly has more administration experience than Gohan.
Frieza doesn't want to be ruled by anyone. Frieza saw the fear the gods had for Goku's power. Could it be that anyone who achieves true mastery of that power is fit for ruling over everything, and that's why they're all so scared shitless or bothered by what they saw?

Frieza's goal is no matter how it happens, he wants to disrupt the absolute rule of the gods, and Goku right now is his only means of achieving that.

No matter how powerful Jiren is, Goku had closed the gap completely and was starting to get the better of him before he ran out of power.
Hmm i would think you need God Ki to achieve that transformation, maybe if Frieza wishes to be a GOD he could transform again. :D
Also he would need to take down Zeno and Grand Priest somehow 🤔

LotusHD

Banned
Goku literally cant touch Jiren in SSBKK x20 and is forced to use the spirit bomb but Vegeta, the join second strongest person on U7, doesnt want to give his ki to Goku...

How is it hyperbole? That's terrible characterisation. Vegeta would absolutely give his ki if the writers werent complete idiots.

Dude even fused with Goku again in order to beat Zamasu, ain't that an even bigger taboo for him lol

I just found it funny, like damn Vegeta, why you gotta be like that

RocknRola

It has Jiren's head on a different body, this isn't rocket science.

Him getting a new form, at this point, seems useless. Unless Goku or Hit actually manage to properly push him, he is still much stronger than both of them.

Still, gotta sell more toys so wouldn't be surprised :p

Edit:

That said, the feet in particular look different than Jiren's (look more like Hit's boots tbh) and the hips look more "female-ish" than male.

I can definitely see a few universes with survivors being spared at the end of this arc. Setting up a future Goku v Jiren conclusion way later down the line.

Playsage

So Vegeta is now an asshole for doing the smart thing and staying in character

But Goku using his jobbiest attack when they are not even through half the tournament, yeah...

And of course the new form is a non-foreshadowed asspull

Please, let Frieza be actually mad at Goku for having power-ups for free

I didn't think Vegeta doing what he did was weird at all. He is smart enough to know that Goku doesn't need it, for one. And two, he would rather help in his own way by making sure Goku isn't vulnerable while he's charging up the spirit bomb. I thought it was very much in character. Vegeta has always been his own person and shows how he cares in different ways than others.

brinstar

Him getting a new form, at this point, seems useless. Unless Goku or Hit actually manage to properly push him, he is still much stronger than both of them.

Still, gotta sell more toys so wouldn't be surprised :p

Edit:

That said, the feet in particular look different than Jiren's (look more like Hit's boots tbh) and the hips look more "female-ish" than male.

That's actually Jiren's mom, who's coming to pick him up once the tournament is over

I didn't think Vegeta doing what he did was weird at all. He is smart enough to know that Goku doesn't need it, for one. And two, he would rather help in his own way by making sure Goku isn't vulnerable while he's charging up the spirit bomb. I thought it was very much in character. Vegeta has always been his own person and shows how he cares in different ways than others.
That’s a good point actually, it’s not like Vegeta did nothing

Top Bottom