• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

Kazuhira

I didn't think Vegeta doing what he did was weird at all. He is smart enough to know that Goku doesn't need it, for one. And two, he would rather help in his own way by making sure Goku isn't vulnerable while he's charging up the spirit bomb. I thought it was very much in character. Vegeta has always been his own person and shows how he cares in different ways than others.

I get your point but that was their best shot against Jiren at the moment,so i have mixed feelings about his attitude.
Unless he has something under his sleeve,saying "nope,not helping!" in the most crucial moment is ridiculous.
It could've worked if he had remained silent or was interrupted because he saw Brianne trying to attack Goku.
In the end,it's just that single line of dialogue that pisses me off a little.

LotusHD

Banned
Brianne deciding to try and interfere with the only attack that might stop Jiren is a pretty bad call lol.

I liked how Kai (the... Kai of U11) thought Jiren crushing Goku would destroy everyone's morale, but no one really gave a fuck. They bold

definitely the best transformation since super saiyan 2, i mean the power was tangible unlike god and blue

Are we only counting protagonists? Because Golden Frieza's transformation is definitely up there imo, though it's a damn shame that this isn't the first time he's used the transformation...

Vegeta was not out of character in this episode, I said it before, but he was completely fine physically so of course he's going to prefer helping in his own way, rather than just giving his energy to Goku, at the end of 110 it's pretty obvious he's worried about Goku. I can't deny him being an idiot during the beginning of the arc though with his stubbornness about not fighting as a team.

The part where Goku stops Toppo and Dyspo gave me Saint Seiya vibes lol, like Seiya getting his Pegasus meteor punch ready.

Bruh, Jiren willingly let Goku get a free hit in, why not just help

Or why not just have him ready to help, but decides against at the last minute because he spots Ribrianne readying an attack

Fj0823

You think Ultra Instinct sounds bad?

Spanish got "La doctrina del Egoista" on CR

That is the shittiest names for a form ever.

Do the right thing Garza.

Those episodes, especially the last one, were awesome. Had goosebumps while watching Goku fight Jiren.

Vegeta disappointed me though. After he was desperate to have Goku make a Genki Dama for destroy Kid Buu, now he didn't want to give him his energy. Unlike Frieza. Man, I can't still decide if Frieza had a change of heart or if he is still the evil emperor we love to hate.

And yeah, Ribranne needs to be kicked out of the stage. She is starting to get annoying.

Can't wait for Hit vs Jiren next week.

At this point, Frieza wants to win the tournament. At the very least in order to do that, he needs Jiren out of the way. From there, if he wants to be the only one in U7 standing, he can act accordingly.

TrueBlue

Goku in a way had it coming. He picked a fight with the toughest guy in the tourney, realized he couldn't win and then called on everyone else to help him.

With all the passes I've given Goku this saga, I acknowledge Vegeta being a petty dick without bashing him too hard.

FWIW, I'm not too fussed with it. As I said, I think it's only a redone line of dialogue away from being an interesting way of looking at things.

Could still be as well, assuming that the Spirit Bomb adversely effects everyone later on in terms of stamina.

RocknRola

Doctrina del Egoista? That doesn't even make sense. How was this form selfish in any way? :p

LotusHD

Banned
FWIW, I'm not too fussed with it. As I said, I think it's only a redone line of dialogue away from being an interesting way of looking at things.

Could still be as well, assuming that the Spirit Bomb adversely effects everyone later on in terms of stamina.

*20 episodes later

Gohan: "I could've beaten you Toppa, if not for the energy I gave to Goku earlier. Damn it all!"

trejo

I mean, in a way, the name fits Goku down to a T, lol. But yeah that sounds like shit.

I was surprised that Goku could make a Spirit Bomb like that with the energy of 9 people and absolutely nothing else.

But I approve, because in a way, him being able to do that makes it feel like he has a certain mastery over the attack whereas it felt like anyone could do what he did before with the spirit bomb. (Which I know isn't actually true but still)

Oh and 17 and 18, the speed he formed it though is still impressive.

TrueBlue

*20 episodes later

Gohan: "I could've beaten you Toppa, if not for the energy I gave to Goku earlier. Damn it all!"

I mean, when one compares the first mention from Whis regarding moving without thinking and Ultra Instinct coming to fruition...20 episodes ain't that long. :p

Zalman

I kind of dig the name Ultra Instinct. It's simple compared to what we had before. I'm glad it's not Super Saiyan something.

HardRojo

Bruh, Jiren willingly let Goku get a free hit in, why not just help

Or why not just have him ready to help, but decides against at the last minute because he spots Ribrianne readying an attack
If Vegeta were badly injured and could hardly move, then yeah, he would've probably given his energy to Goku, but in his current state (albeit annoying and I get why), what he did was totally in character for him.

Also I love how Goku forgot about the no flying rule during the Genkidama lol.
The choreography during SSB Goku vs Jiren was top-notch, beautiful stuff.

LotusHD

Banned
yeah I like that it's something more tied to martial arts/ki mastery than just being a saiyan

I kind of dig the name Ultra Instinct. It's simple compared to what we had before. I'm glad it's not Super Saiyan something.

Well, it has pretty much nothing to do with being a Super Saiyan, so it makes sense I guess

If Vegeta were badly injured and could hardly move, then yeah, he would've probably given his energy to Goku, but in his current state (albeit annoying and I get why), what he did was totally in character for him.

Also I love how Goku forgot about the no flying rule during the Genkidama lol.
The choreography during SSB Goku vs Jiren was top-notch, beautiful stuff.

Let's just agree to disagree. And again, the argument is whether he's in character or not, just that he's a dick.

----

Anyone else really love that one shot where Goku and Jiren were fighting over the heads of several of the other fighters

longdi

Banned
lol we are still ragging poor Geets. He was just staying in character, disagreeing with the use of Genki. No proud Saiyan should call on others help in battle.

zeioIIDX

Even during the big fight between Goku and Jiren, Dyspo was doing a supermodel photo shoot.

LWQMXqD.jpg

Boop-Oop-a-Doop!

PXwK9Ch.jpg

mavo

Banned

The fansubs are calling it "Secreto del deseo personal" (secret of the personal wish).

Morlas

so uh yeah everybody jump in the spirit bomb, i promise you won't die

also i predict that hit will land a couple of critical blows on jiren before being knocked away from him, but not eliminated.

Astral Dog

I believe Goku's new selfish mode was triggered by getting hit by such selfless energy from the Genki Dama, combined with his egoic attitude and God Ki made his eyes gray and sparkles appear.

Piers

I also love gohan being among that final 4 group.

That's absolutely huge imo.

That also lines up with the previous closing credits: the final shot was specifically Gohan and Goku. That always seemed suspicious to me. (But not to disregard it as being coincidence either)

bachikarn

BTW - am I the only one who thought it was bullshit that they said it was okay for Goku to be vaporized if it was his own attack? Like Jiren didn't have to push it back at him. He could have pushed it away.

Also, why would a Spirit Bomb hurt Goku? Is it because he went SSB and had 'maliciousness' in his heart?

Surprising that energy from only a some of U7's was enough to make such a devastating spirit bomb. Also surprised there was no complaining that Krillen and Tien contributed.

These aren't a big deal to me or anything. Still a cool scene.

Top Bottom