• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

Vegeta not giving his energy was weird because unless I'm mistaken there is 25 mins left in the tournament and U7 is obviously going to have more fights. So it's not like they crippled their usefulness here.

Astral Dog

My bet for the new warrior is a Jiren's new form, something like Frieza "big monster to small monster":

frieza_all_forms_by_rafael_a-d9klg7x.jpg
Golden Frieza was a mistake

Anyway. Given what we have watched I dont know how they are suppose to beat Jiren. I feel like they made the dude a level of strength so insane that now to beat him the level of ass pull is going to have to be next level. Maybe U7 loses but I pretty much doubt it so it'll be interesting.

Given we see Hit fighting Jiren and losing but not as badly as I would expect I almost wonder if Jiren is like a battery and his energy drops the more he fights. So it was ridiculously high in the start but fighting Goku dropped it to the point where Hit would not be instantly destroyed.

caliph95

Anyway. Given what we have watched I dont know how they are suppose to beat Jiren. I feel like they made the dude a level of strength so insane that now to beat him the level of ass pull is going to have to be next level. Maybe U7 loses but I pretty much doubt it so it'll be interesting.
You mean like Frieza

M.D

So what's up with everyone who said Goku was just goofing around because he didn't have any visible damage and was trying to say he used a weak Kamehameha judging by the size of it

Jiren actually fought very similarly to Kale/Broly by just taking the punches most of the time and throwing Goku around much like Kale did in ep 100 (he even held him by the head with one hand Kale/Broly style), yet he didn't have a scratch on him before the explosion of the Spirit Bomb

The two times he used Kamehameha were also about the same size as he fired at Kale

Chase17

Not even halfway through the tournament, no way would I give up any energy. That said, it's not like giving your energy here is anything but an arbitrary opt in, so what would be the harm.

Time to commence run and hide from Jiren for 25 minutes.

Alec

Frieza to get the Super Dragon Balls and wish for Ultra Instinct? (Might as well just wish to be the strongest in existence.)

Clown using telepathy to communicate with Jiren...the other GoDs saying he couldn't get to that level without special training...is there a power link between Jiren and Clown? Will Hit sever the connection and give than others a chance against him?

Ultra Instinct w/ KKx20?

they don't have to beat Jiren do they? They just have to wait out the clock no? I forget the rules of the tourney but I thought it was the universe with the most people left when the clock runs out will be the winner.

Goku can fuse with vegeta and be the last man standing vs jiren, then universe 7 wins because that's actually 2 people and not one lol.

Zalman

I didn't think Vegeta doing what he did was weird at all. He is smart enough to know that Goku doesn't need it, for one. And two, he would rather help in his own way by making sure Goku isn't vulnerable while he's charging up the spirit bomb. I thought it was very much in character. Vegeta has always been his own person and shows how he cares in different ways than others.
I don't mind that he didn't give his energy because, as you said, he did help in his own way. What I did mind was his attitude. It was just one line, but very out of character IMO.

TrueBlue

The issue isn't even so much Vegeta not contributing energy - though that certainly flies in the face of his endgame DBZ characterisation and some of his Super moments.

The issue is more with how it's framed. Him saying "Nah, this isn't gonna work" would at least be a refreshing angle. Him basically going "Fuck off Kakarot" again is just tiring.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
The last couple minutes won't load on crunchy roll, but it's pretty obvious there's not going to be any subtrufuge and Goku is going to destroy Jiren, whatever form he takes. He will probably wish back the other universes or some other narrative thread of helping somebody, OR some subversive joke like a pair of panties.

Edit: I'm also sure the Jiren vs Hit fight will be omitted in the manga.

Zalman

The issue isn't even so much Vegeta not contributing energy - though that certainly flies in the face of his endgame DBZ characterisation and some of his Super moments.

The issue is more with how it's framed. Him saying "Nah, this isn't gonna work" would at least be a refreshing angle. Him basically going "Fuck off Kakarot" again is just tiring.
Exactly this.

LotusHD

Banned

Yup.

---

Goku is going to wish to swap wives, stay woke

Astral Dog

Jiren being stronger than a GoD is a bit silly, i mean what if he suddendly doesn't feel Belmod destroying a planet with countless innocent lives, i know they fight evil but something about them is weird, maybe thats how they are supposed to work together.the higher Universes must be Utopian

You mean like Frieza

SSJ was always hinted as being the power needed to beat Frieza.

they don't have to beat Jiren do they? They just have to wait out the clock no? I forget the rules of the tourney but I thought it was the universe with the most people left when the clock runs out will be the winner.

Goku can fuse with vegeta and be the last man standing vs jiren, then universe 7 wins because that's actually 2 people and not one lol.

Pretty much after this Hit vs Jiren thing we should have a better idea. Cause Hit is losing as bad as Goku but given what we saw of Jiren it should have been instant.

SSJ was always hinted as being the power needed to beat Frieza.

Pretty much after this Hit vs Jiren thing we should have a better idea. Cause Hit is losing as bad as Goku but given what we saw of Jiren it should have been instant.

we don't know that Hit can't evolve as well. Maybe this dude has some special super assassin form waiting to be whipped out where he can literally travel through time portals or something. Of course Jiren should still win because all of Hit's....hits wont actually do anything. But it might not be a cake walk or it might be enough to keep Hit in the tourney.

caliph95

Jiren being stronger than a GoD is a bit silly, i mean what if he suddendly doesn't feel Belmod destroying a planet with countless innocent lives, i know they fight evil but something about them is weird, maybe thats how they are supposed to work together.the higher Universes must be Utopian
Jiren seems to be a loyal pride Trooper and they are basically led by Belmont so he would be fine with his decision and Belmont loves justice
With Vegeta
You mean Kale

Goku in a way had it coming. He picked a fight with the toughest guy in the tourney, realized he couldn't win and then called on everyone else to help him.

With all the passes I've given Goku this saga, I acknowledge Vegeta being a petty dick without bashing him too hard.

NZerker12

What if Jiren's race can change genders at will and that the female form is the true full power.

Think Ivankov from One Piece except less awesome:

B0gMEg4.jpg

trejo

Okay, yeah, that was pretty hype.

I think it's interesting how they made it a point to show how even with all the shit that was going down the mouse god was still just chilling there resting with his arms behind his head and a smug look on his face. That confidence has to be coming from somewhere, right?

Edit: And what's with all this talk of Vegeta being a dick? That was totally in keeping with his character, to help out in some other way by protecting Goku while he's vulnerable during the charge-up time and being all tsun about it. What show have you people been watching?

zeioIIDX

I don't think that silhouette character is Jiren or a new form of him. The shoes don't even match. Possibly just a placeholder image like someone said or just a brand new fighter.

HardRojo

Vegeta was not out of character in this episode, I said it before, but he was completely fine physically so of course he's going to prefer helping in his own way, rather than just giving his energy to Goku, at the end of 110 it's pretty obvious he's worried about Goku. I can't deny him being an idiot during the beginning of the arc though with his stubbornness about not fighting as a team.

The part where Goku stops Toppo and Dyspo gave me Saint Seiya vibes lol, like Seiya getting his Pegasus meteor punch ready.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Yep.

New warrior for the climax of the arc teased by toy promotion.

There's also an upcoming episode title called
Ghastly! Explosive Birth of a New Super Warrior!

Slim Jiren or Jacket-less Hit?

Can there be a whole new character to surpass Jirens hype levels this late in the game.

People keep saying Vegeta is 2nd to Goku but he was the only one to use the RoSaT before the tournament.

Vegeta is saving power the same way Jiren did. Why would Vegeta give Goku some energy when he is stronger than Goku?

LNBL

Also, based on the frame in which Vegeta says that he is not helping, is he not still standing infront of the robot opponent before he flies away to shoot at Ribrianne?

Top Bottom