• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

Amey

VsYzihJ.gif

Jiren defeats Goku in new form..
Universe 3 Supreme Kai Ea (Eyre) and team look rather unstirred.

Where exactly are people getting the idea that Goku in his new form is no match for Jiren? That was quite clearly not the case. Goku was operating on a limited battery of power that was the energy from his spirit bomb, but Piccolo made it explicitly clear that the more the fight went on, goku was further evolving and his attacks started connecting more sharply and heavier against Jiren.

Just because Jiren wasn't beating to a bloody pulp doesn't mean that Goku wasn't very clearly batting in the same class of power, because he was. In fact, before he started to lose grip of the power Goku was clearly gaining the upperhand. Jiren wasn't pushing Goku back or gaining on Goku, it was Goku gaining on Jiren at a very rapid pace.

It went away ages ago

Mostly because animation

Nobody who isn't suppose to be flying is flying. What you're seeing is simply just high level battles.

Something was very strange about the way Belmod described Jiren and him never losing to anyone. He said what he said almost like it applies to anyone, even angels. Almost like Jiren is some type of creation or ultimate wish of some sort.

LotusHD

Banned
I doubt it will matter much. Gohan was unscratched in this episode after getting kicked around in 108.

That's the point I was trying to make, I really don't buy the excuse of giving up their energy being that draining as a reason for Vegeta to decline to do it, but whatever

Swarna

Genuinely great episode and was the first time Super felt worth watching beyond nostalgia for me, despite Jiren not really having any characterization built for him, yet.

The Vegeta thing was so unnecessary if nothing comes out of it.

Also Gohan is losing more and more of the top half of his head as these episodes go on...lol

Guys give it up for Jiren though. How badass was it when he told Goku he would wait for him to charge the spirit bomb, and then reiterated it like "yes, you fucking heard me. I will wait. Give me your best shot"

Where exactly are people getting the idea that Goku in his new form is no match for Jiren? That was quite clearly not the case. Goku was operating on a limited battery of power that was the energy from his spirit bomb, but Piccolo made it explicitly clear that the more the fight went on, goku was further evolving and his attacks started connecting more sharply and heavier against Jiren.

Just because Jiren wasn't beating to a bloody pulp doesn't mean that Goku wasn't very clearly batting in the same class of power, because he was. In fact, before he started to lose grip of the power Goku was clearly gaining the upperhand. Jiren wasn't pushing Goku back or gaining on Goku, it was Goku gaining on Jiren at a very rapid pace.

Yeah. I thought it was pretty clear that if Goku hadn't been operating on a limited time he was gonna overtake Jiren and start going to town on him. It was already beginning to happen in that short amount of time.

Kusagari

Because we have every indication that Jiren wasn't trying at all still. We didn't actually see his red ki flare up until he blocked the final punch from Goku.

trejo

That's the point I was trying to make, I really don't buy the excuse of giving up their energy being that draining as a reason for Vegeta to decline to do it, but whatever

Just let it go already, lol. That's just not how Vegeta rolls.

BTW - am I the only one who thought it was bullshit that they said it was okay for Goku to be vaporized if it was his own attack? Like Jiren didn't have to push it back at him. He could have pushed it away.

Also, why would a Spirit Bomb hurt Goku? Is it because he went SSB and had 'maliciousness' in his heart?

Surprising that energy from only a some of U7's was enough to make such a devastating spirit bomb. Also surprised there was no complaining that Krillen and Tien contributed.

These aren't a big deal to me or anything. Still a cool scene.

Didn't Goku hold off firing his Spirit Bomb on Kid Buu because Fat Buu was in the way? I'm pretty sure Spirit Bombs can hit anyone like a normal ki attack. It just happens to be more powerful against evil.

I really liked the way Gokus fighting style changed with the new form, looked almost otherworldly.

And that scream at the end when he noticed that he was running out of power was really something.

J-Rod

Zenos were hilarious this eps.

I thought I read a spoiler that
cleopatra god was supposed to compliment goku's beauty and enrage rebrianna or something like that. Did I miss that or is it supposed to happen later or did I just make it up?

Yeah. I thought it was pretty clear that if Goku hadn't been operating on a limited time he was gonna overtake Jiren and start going to town on him. It was already beginning to happen in that short amount of time.

It really wasn't clear at all. Jiren wasn't even serious. He blocked that last punch with an aura he didn't even need to show anywhere else. And despite everything, didn't even feel like he should try dodging the last attack Goku attempted. He just put his hand up like the confident guy he is and blocked it, just like every other attack. Goku gets one knee +ki blast in and suddenly people declare he's winning, lol. You guys would have been a riot reacting to all the hits Frieza let goku (and everyone else) get in before he became super saiyan.

Tsunamo

I like how in a way Gokus new form mirrored when he got SSJ God. Obtaining a new level not thought possible (I mean it has been hinted at, but neither Goku or Vegeta ever really showed any signs of mastery of it or learning it up until now) and then he runs out of time.
Zenos were hilarious this eps.

I thought I read a spoiler that
cleopatra god was supposed to compliment goku's beauty and enrage rebrianna or something like that. Did I miss that or is it supposed to happen later or did I just make it up?
You didn't imagine that. Not too sure why it wasn't present, guess it was cut or the summary was wrong.

Morlas

Hit vs Jiren is a dream match for me, i'm glad it looks like Hit will get some licks in instead of just being brushed to the side

It really wasn't clear at all. Jiren wasn't even trying. He blocked that last punch with an aura he didn't even need to show anywhere else. And despite everything, didn't even feel like he should try dodging the last attack Goku attempted. He just put his hand up like the confident guy he is and blocked it, just like every other attack. Goku gets one knee in and suddenly people declare he's winning, lol. You guys would have been a riot reacting to all the hits Frieza let goku (and everyone else) get in before he became super saiyan.

Last hit was him running out of juice, though. Piccolo's comments along with the flow of the action are the more telling point to me, right as he says he's evolving to meet Jiren's attacks he starts pushing him back a bit, then landing a hit that actually made him wince.
That to me implies a ramp up suggesting if the fight kept going Goku would have just continued to go harder and harder until he actually overtook him rather than tapering off.

Jiren's a badass, no doubt. But I think Goku's new ability can take him, if he has the stamina to keep it up.

ChazGW7

Awesome episodes, loved them. I always thought Jiren looked awesome since his reveal, and these episodes just sealed the deal, hes great, especially his VO.

kitzkozan

Here's hoping they can keep this momentum going because fans are thirsty now lol. Super had a lot of fillers and it's all over the place in general so they gotta be ready once they decide to step it up.

Who sings the new insert song? Sounds like the guy from Kamen Rider OOO
It's more of a technique in the show but not so much in marketing. But then again, Heroes called KKx20 a new form so...

Funny enough I made a prediction this wouldn't be saiyan related. I'm usually wrong with predictions so glad I sort of called it.

Top Bottom