• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

Do we know who drew this ?

tumblr_oxi6ppwpEK1v1ooeno2_1280.png

Love the take on 17.

17 looks like he's casually watching some animals on his island lol

Because we have every indication that Jiren wasn't trying at all still. We didn't actually see his red ki flare up until he blocked the final punch from Goku.

Goku was also completely effortless in his actions and assault. The same thing you just said about Jiren is also equally true about Goku in that form based on what was shown. Everything was easy for him. If he had wanted to, he could have eliminated Toppo and Dyspo both if he really wished to do so.

The only reason Goku was stopped so easily at the end there is because he had reached his limit. It wasn't all Jiren's doing.

If gokus new power wasn't a new form and he can combine it with a transformation like super saiyan blue to make like super saiyan silver or some hilarious name like that then fuck it I'm game.

Jiren is still too overpowered though.

Decent eps especially 109, Jiren still didn't seem like he was seriously tested though expecting Goku to get another Toriyama handjob to win though

I liked 109 the best, I know Beerus schooled Goku worse on KK's planet, but this episode with the direction and the great music made it feel like this is the most dominated Goku's ever been, it was all extremely well executed with how they were trying to sell Jiren.

110 fight could have been a lot more hype if they stopped cutting away to people reacting.

caliph95

I liked 109 the best, I know Beerus schooled Goku worse on KK's planet, but this episode with the direction and the great music made it feel like this is the most dominated Goku's ever been, it was all extremely well executed with how they were trying to sell Jiren.

110 fight could have been a lot more hype if they stopped cutting away to people reacting.
Then it wouldn't be dragon ball or top

Mory Dunz

Jiren was actually kinda cool these two episodes.

my opinion on Jiren hasn't changed since the start.

Still seems a try-hard to be cool. Especially with all the back-turning and posing. Like the story writers really wanted to have a cool guy and went overboard.

My thing is, they still haven't given a reason to care about him since like 30 episodes ago it feels like. It's been a really effin long time.

Tsunamo

Jirens grown on me lately.

I've sort of come to like that he's rather simplistic and hasn't said much with not much of a backstory so far, feels like a refreshing change from other villains. He wasn't really being cocky about his power either, he put his money where his mouth is and showed he's far above everyone else. (even if Goku will probably surpass him later)

Mory Dunz

I didn't say I considered Gohan at #6. I'd probably put him in the top 10 somewhere. I'd definitely put him above Dyspo, but below Toppo.

Gohan above Dyspo?

Gohan hasn't done anything. Dyspo pushed back SSG the whole time and had Hit on the rails for a bit. Given what we've seen, I doubt Gohan could even touch Hit. SSB Vegeta pre-Trunks arc couldn't.

HeroR

If I wrote this story I would make people work together to take out Jiren. Like a Goku and Gohan tag team.

Beating Jiren should end up being the biggest war of attrition since everyone tried to take down Frieza on Namek. That's where I hoped it was headed when everyone surrounded Jiren and showed they didn't lose their will to fight.

Team work almost never takes down a massive more powerful opponent. Case in point, Nappa, Recoome, Frieza, and Beerus.

Kid Buu and were the exceptions with Goku massively weakened Vegeta and Kid Buu being killed by an universal Spirit Bomb.

To those of you saying that the new form/ui isn't enough to beat jiren, I think you are wrong. During the whole sequence in which Goku was fighting Jiren with UI, Jiren never broke Goku's guard once (iirc), whereas Goku landed multiple blows on Jiren (no matter how effective or ineffective they were, he landed them) Piccolo and Gohan also commented on how his movements and attacks were also continuously evolving during the fight, becoming sharper and more effective. This, coupled with the fact that when UI was brought up by Beerus, even the u11 gods got freaked out, leads me to believe that Jiren does not have this ultra instinct ability. If goku didn't run out of power, he would have kept improving even further and I think he would have one. When we inevitably get a Goku/Jiren rematch, I don't think it's the case that Goku is going to completely outclass Jiren this time around though, he definitely needs more mastery of the technique for that, but I do think that they will either double KO, end in a stalemate, or Goku will win by the skin of his teeth a la the 23rd Tenkaichi budokai. However when Goku does achieve mastery or near mastery of UI I don't think even Jiren will able to land a finger on Goku without achieving the technique himself.

I hope Vegeta knocks out Ribrianne next episode. I was down with her at first but she's a joke at this point, as many of you have said.

Also mouse god is clearly confident bc he has two undetectable fighters. Honestly, I could see a scenario in which we never actually see the bugs fight, U4 "wins" because they have more fighters on the field, but Zeno disqualifies the bugs because he thinks it's lame that he never saw them fight. Or something like that.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

Still seems a try-hard to be cool. Especially with all the back-turning and posing. Like the story writers really wanted to have a cool guy and went overboard.

My thing is, they still haven't given a reason to care about him since like 30 episodes ago it feels like. It's been a really effin long time.
Sometimes you just want a cool guy to be a cool guy in a action anime man

Fj0823

Next Villain to be a Multiverse Level threat that makes Goku, Hit and Jiren the last 3 warriors standing for the final battle. The "Multiverse Finest"

Do it Toriyama.

Has anyone noticed that Goku's grey eyes are the same colour as the eyes of the Angels who can also use Ultra Instinct.

OH SHI-

Do people wish to revisit the claim that Zamasu as an immortal could beat Jiren? No chance in hell.
Depends. If they kept fighting Zamasu would win because Jiren would have to get tired eventually. If Jiren decides "fuck this", and leaves, and only comes back to smack Zamasu around when he acts up, then yeah no chance in hell.

HeroR

Goku in a way had it coming. He picked a fight with the toughest guy in the tourney, realized he couldn't win and then called on everyone else to help him.

With all the passes I've given Goku this saga, I acknowledge Vegeta being a petty dick without bashing him too hard.

In this case, Jiren came to Goku.

Jeffrey

you know what dbs needs?

actual training segments. Have we seen any from goku since... around freiza's return?

power in dragon ball is all about training and hardwork paying off (usually), not these plot armor powerups. This ain't SAO.

Syntsui

you know what dbs needs?

actual training segments. Have we seen any from goku since... around freiza's return?

power in dragon ball is all about training and hardwork paying off (usually), not these plot armor powerups. This ain't SAO.

Yes. With Krilin, with Whiss, with Roshi, with Buu and with Gohan.

you know what dbs needs?

We had multiple training segments just before the tournament....

Love all the little throwbacks to Namek Saga.

20x kaioken (blue) was ineffective against a powerful foe
Spirit Bomb (Wha, Freeza helping?)
The transformation into Ultra Instinct
Freeza giving Goku a little energy to heal

And I'm in agreement that Ribrianne needs to go away. I get the feeling Freeza is going to be the one to knock her out in hilarious fashion.

Now, about dat ultra instinct. No wonder Whis was so excited and the Gods are perplexed. This was something explained to Goku and Vegeta during Resurrection F about "moving without having to think." the very thing he also said that Beerus struggling to master and here Goku is doing it.
Goku was able to toss Toppo around like he was nothing, even landing a blow on Jiren.

This has me worried, but you have to remember with shonen type shows new transformations need to be introduced to keep things fresh. I wonder of Goku would be able to tap into this form again, since we are not even halfway into the tournament I'd imagine there would be a round 2 for the grand finale. One Piece while Gear Second + Third was cool, new tricks had to of been added to keep those forms unique (haki and heat)

I wonder if they'll do this with Ultra Instinct with Ultra Instinct Super Sayian, keeping the older transformations with a new gimmick attached to it. It's the only thing I can think of that keeps the core concept of Super Saiyan fresh. Eventually it'll work it's way into SSB since that's the bar set for power upgrades.

You don't have to care about an antagonist, I don't think anybody gave a shit about Raditz but he was still a threat and felt dangerous

caliph95

you know what dbs needs?

We had a bunch of those and not like z had anything complicated it's not hxh or even Naruto

NZerker12

you know what dbs needs?

What can they show though?

It's not like Dragon Ball or HxH where they can show weird tasks (delivering milk, defeat a doll clone, dig through a boulder etc) as training. At the current point it would only come down to mental training and sparring. (which lets be honest, Toei would never give a decent amount of time or budget to.)

Kevinroc

Gohan above Dyspo?

Gohan hasn't done anything. Dyspo pushed back SSG the whole time and had Hit on the rails for a bit. Given what we've seen, I doubt Gohan could even touch Hit. SSB Vegeta pre-Trunks arc couldn't.

Once you get around Dyspo's secret, he folds like a house of cards. Considering that Gohan instantly knew what Freeza was up to in 108, I think he could handle Dyspo and his secret if he took it seriously.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Yep.

New warrior for the climax of the arc teased by toy promotion.

There's also an upcoming episode title called
Ghastly! Explosive Birth of a New Super Warrior!

Hit and Jiren are going to fuse cause i said so

Person's boots are similar to Hit's

Top Bottom