• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

Mory Dunz

They don't look that similar, it's more that he has a glare of piss offedness

oh.
well hm. I don't think he's mad at Jiren. I think they're just fighting at this juncture. He's determined I guess, but Goku doesn't seem to dislike many people at all. He didn't dislike Vegeta or Cell despite all they killed.

HeroR

Dyspo was only directly countering Hit's ability. It wasnt because he was amazingly strong. Gohan will probably get his big fight with Toppo (I hope).

I just wanna 17 and 18 fight. Its been too damn long.

If he wasn’t strong he wouldn’t have been able to even hurt Hit who can takes blows from Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku.

Skii

Pretty good episodes. Good use of music.

Though I just cant handle poer creep no more. How is Gohan gunna surpass his father when he hasnt even reached god yet (hich is pretty easy if you do the ritual)

Well Gohan is already on SSB level without god ki. He doesn't need it. He's also mentioned that he will find a way of surpassing Goku using his own means. Whether they actually go down that route in a future arc remains to be seen but he doesn't need to go down the route Goku does to be as strong as him or stronger.

Tsunamo

I'm very much a fan of the idea Zeno is just a insert/meta joke about the fanbase by Toei and Toriyama.

His reactions today were hilarious though. "OOOOOOOOOOOOOH
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH"

A-V-B

Imagine if Jiren's wish is just 'revive all the universes' and goku won't let him win

I'd think anyone whose wish is to bring back all the universes should basically get that out there to begin drawing allies. Unless that's like... if that's your wish, Zeno just erases your universe.

Why did Zamasu's theme play during the Ultra Instinct discussion? And yes, this means I'm rewatching the episode.

Dl0YDDwt.jpg

Real Hero

I'd think anyone whose wish is to bring back all the universes should basically get that out there to begin drawing allies. Unless that's like... if that's your wish, Zeno just erases your universe.

well they are the PRIDE troopers. Probably too proud to mention it

HeroR

We sort of got it in the manga.

Vegeta got owned in Blue form, and Beerus adknowledged that he'd probably make a decent god but he still has a long way to go to being on Beerus's level. But after that we got all the gods sparring with Beerus apparently showing being able to have his body move on its own partly, but not having mastered it.

Suppose things have changed now though with the new form being at play.

The scaling of the manga isn’t the same as the anime.

i hope that next time we see this form they don't use that VO effect

also i like how Jiren is billed as a hero of justice but he's actually a dick

Gin-Shiio

The curves?
look at the hips
The waist looks feminine but the shoulders look masculine

Women in DBS don't really have wide hips or other typical feminine-associated features if you look at Cali, Kale or any of the other fighters in this tournament. It's not how Dragon Ball Super does women, or the human body period. The reason I say it is Hit is that I simply think there is too much design overlap in Hit and this new figurine silhouette for it to be a coincidence.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
Props to Super for introducing at least two new characters to base a legit interesting faceoff episode about. Jiren/Hit.

The scaling of the manga is the same as the anime.

I dunno; Trunks was thouroughly outclassed and sidelined in his arc. Piccolo got massacred by frost, they typically avoid or skip over any fights that aren't Goku, or at very least, Vegeta. I can't imagine them taking on the universal survival arc. I know they skipped any recruitment fights, and I'm guessing all the human warriors will be taken out off panel at the onset.

Question for y'all.

Was Jirens pushback of the Genkidama with his eyes the most impressive feat in DB history? ��

I think so

Jiren didn't just use his eyes. That's the trick. There's a secret there. He is using some kind of astral projection where it seems his power and abilities are on a whole other level. He's throwing punches and kicks, and extending his hands without his physical body having to do so. And whenever he uses it, it clearly appears to be more powerful than if he used his actual body.

It's clearly one of his secrets/abilities. Until Goku went Ultra Instinct we couldn't see what Jiren was doing. Once he did we were seeing it all. There were shots where it looked like Goku was being blocked by just the force of Jiren's ki, which he was at points, but there were clearly other times when Jiren was on the move and attacking through some kind of projection technique. They showed us Goku looking like he's kicking at thin air to demonstrate it, and then in other shots they showcased that Goku was actually making contact with Jiren in almost another dimension or realm of sorts.

Artanisix

Man I... really don't like this arc at all. They billed it as a battle royale but for like 30 episodes we had stupid 1v1 fights with shitty jobber characters with trash designs and Vegeta and Goku offscreen/tied up doing something stupid. They used that godawful and completely unbelievable excuse of conserving stamina when they should have just made it a 1 on 1 tournament because that's what it ended up being for the most part. Some of the fights are so fucking sloppy, jesus. Frost beats on Roshi while Vegeta is literally just standing there, then Frost notices Vegeta and shoots a blast at him, and then Vegeta sucker punches Frost in the face. Wow, who could have seen that coming. And that time Goku is trapped by some guy for the whole episode in base form while someone is getting their ass beat, and then at the very end he just busts out with SSB. Also, all of the tropes they used in this arc just feel so overused and tired. They beat the blind fighter with a stinky shoe. The strong guys just stand around to conserve stamina. God this is such a shitty plot device - its clear Jiren could literally clear 95% of the participants out without breaking a sweat.

it's kinda hard to show all the fights happening in real time

you can watch youtube videos of people putting it together to see just how hectic it would actually be

Skii

Even after one of the most hype episodes of Super so far, people still cant help shit on other characters rather than discussing the episode.

Never change DBGAF

Women in DBS don't really have wide hips or other typical feminine-associated features if you look at Cali, Kale or any of the other fighters in this tournament. It's not how Dragon Ball Super does women, or the human body period. The reason I say it is Hit is that I simply think there is too much design overlap in Hit and this new figurine silhouette for it to be a coincidence.

This

X5Ij2dT.png

HeroR

Props to Super for introducing at least two new characters to base a legit interesting faceoff episode about. Jiren/Hit.

I dunno; Trunks was thouroughly outclassed and sidelined in his arc. Piccolo got massacred by frost, they typically avoid or skip over any fights that aren't Goku, or at very least, Vegeta. I can't imagine them taking on the universal survival arc. I know they skipped any recruitment fights, and I'm guessing all the human warriors will be taken out off panel at the onset.

Meant to say ‘isn’t’.

HeroR

In 99 I felt it was implied that's what Vegeta and Goku would use the Super Dragon Ball's for.
They talk about wanting them because of the universes being destroyed.

Why would Vegeta of all people care about other universes? He barely cares about his own.

You asked how it looked feminine though.

I mean if you say females in DB don't tend to have feminine bodies, then that would make that figure a SUPER FEMALE in terms of DB standards.

when the gods are discussing ultra instinct, on the frame with tenshinhan and krillin, is Belmod the one saying "ridiculous, impossible!"

i can't tell

Top Bottom