• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

caliph95

This was probably my favorite moment in the episode. I liked that they were willing to have some fun with Jiren's stoic personality.
Think she's funny when she's not fighting then she's just annoying and boring
Jiren isn't into fat chicks I'm guessing
Nah he's just shy

I just remembered that he was one of the only people able to resist her love attacks

Maybe the secret to beat him is live

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Shirtless UI Goku when? I was kinda hoping to see that today but at least it gives me hope that he'll go into that form again later in the tournament.

Skeeter49

Think she's funny when she's not fighting then she's just annoying and boring

Nah he's just shy

I just remembered that he was one of the only people able to resist her love attacks

Maybe the secret to beat him is live

The only interesting magical girl has been knocked out already.
Sad.

smurfx

get some go again
how in the hell did jiren get to that level? toppo isn't anywhere near that. did he practice against the death god until he eventually surpassed him?

My God, I can't wait for the inevitable Vegetto using UI.
that has to be the next step right? goku is going to need more power and right now vegeta is the only one that can give him enough. unless vegeta and gohan merge and they manage to win that way.

Gin-Shiio

Great pair of episodes. That fight was super hype. First time I can genuinly say I was excited watching Super. Vegeta was completely in character, not sure why some of you are getting their pants twisted over it.

89b4711b106c318a241a451c907c2025.png

The heels and hand placement of our mystery warrior look the same as Hit's, so I'm going ahead and theorize that he will end up fusing with both Namekians, because why not.

really? I'm watching it again now so I'll keep my eyes peeled, but unless they removed their auras I didn't notice it

Yeah, there is the portion from the OP it's just that Goku is in the Ultra Instinct state instead of base (probably to keep it a surprise). I kinda liked that.

Tsunamo

How close are we getting to Beerus and co?

It'd be interesting to see a God in a serious fight for once....

Like, was fused Zamasu on that level.
Whis and Beerus never saw Blue Vegito. But dang, with how much Portara does I wonder how strong it was...
We sort of got it in the manga.

Vegeta got owned in Blue form, and Beerus adknowledged that he'd probably make a decent god but he still has a long way to go to being on Beerus's level. But after that we got all the gods sparring with Beerus apparently showing being able to have his body move on its own partly, but not having mastered it.

Suppose things have changed now though with the new form being at play.

redfox088

Banned
how in the hell did jiren get to that level? toppo isn't anywhere near that. did he practice against the death god until he eventually surpassed him?

that has to be the next step right? goku is going to need more power and right now vegeta is the only one that can give him enough. unless vegeta and gohan merge and they manage to win that way.
What about gogeta?

caliph95

I mean, at this point every single universe besides 11 should be teaming together to stop Jiren.
You need to be Blue level to even touch him or make him move most are not even close especially when most of them are trash or entire universes are

They're better off avoiding him

LotusHD

Banned
U2 are a waste

Now that I think about it she has the most interesting power set

Better than Ribranne

I disagree, I get that people don't like her design and/or personality, but at least I can say that I never quite know what to expect from her regarding her moveset. Meanwhile the beast girl was pretty straightforward.

redfox088

Banned
Great pair of episodes. That fight was super hype. First time I can genuinly say I was excited watching Super. Vegeta was completely in character, not sure why some of you are getting their pants twisted over it.

The heels and hand placement of our mystery warrior look the same as Hit's, so I'm going ahead and theorize that he will end up fusing with both Namekians, because why not.
Hits evil Mom then? Shit?

caliph95

I disagree, I get that people don't like her design and/or personality, but at least I can say that I never quite know what to expect from her regarding her moveset. Meanwhile the beast girl was pretty straightforward.
It's pretty much just every attacks with different colours and she only used her love attack once

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

Again, it's just a placeholder not representative of the final product.

What about gogeta?

They aren't going to allow a kai to give them the potara earrings anyway, so even if a Goku-Vegeta fusion happens, it's going to be Gogeta, not Vegeto.

I don't think it will anyway. The form barely lasted any time at all before, with another power up on top, the fusion would go almost as quickly as it happened.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
...nah sometimes i forget Raditz even existed...i ain't gonna forget Jiren....

also this shot is still amazing

tumblr_oxi7dkddzm1rtk7eyo1_r1_500.gif

Indeed.
This clip got me so hype.
I dun think ive ever seen a shot like this done in DBS before....then again i only started watching after Resurrection of F arc so maybe prior to that.
But the punch coming towards the camera and us following it was cool as shit.

I wish Goku would come up with new techniques once in a while, like he used to do in DB and DBZ (and the DBZ movies). Now would be the perfect time for one.

tumblr_n21wkoDf1D1saazguo1_400.gif

tumblr_n21wkoDf1D1saazguo2_400.gif

Hold up....was there another dragonball movie made or is this some other movie/show i need to spend some time on?

If I wrote this story I would make people work together to take out Jiren. Like a Goku and Gohan tag team.

Goku and Gohan teaming up to knock Jiren out is possible. The only problem is that Gohan, who as of what we currently know got one-shotted by Blue/Kaioken Goku, would probably need the mother of all power-ups to not get annihilated by Jiren.

But then again, Goku just got the mother of all power-ups himself so it's not out of the realm of possibility that Gohan gets that kind of bump up before it ends.

Skeeter49

They aren't going to allow a kai to give them the potara earrings anyway, so even if a Goku-Vegeta fusion happens, it's going to be Gogeta, not Vegeto.

I don't think it will anyway. The form barely lasted any time at all before, with another power up on top, the fusion would go almost as quickly as it happened.
If the fusion looks cool Zeno will allow it.

redfox088

Banned

I disagree. The cannon time limit is 15 minutes and the tournament of power has had maybe 10 episodes in that same time span. They can’t use the time thing as a cop out with a giant on screen timer in the middle of the fight.

Team work almost never takes down a massive more powerful opponent. Case in point, Nappa, Recoome, Frieza, and Beerus.

Kid Buu and were the exceptions with Goku massively weakened Vegeta and Kid Buu being killed by an universal Spirit Bomb.

This is what I always think about when this subject comes up. I can see DBS treating it differently to some extent, but teamwork has historically been completely futile on opponets that are just way out of league.

Though in a case where at least one of them (Goku) is close enough, teamwork can be viable. I could see Goku befitting from Gohan's help.

Jindrax

this was the greatest thing I've seen in anime in years...
Yeah the kaoken + blue the first time was cool. But this... I'm hyped to the extreme.

Damn, I wish there was some other anime I could watch I need more hype this was so good!!!!

Jiren couldn't touch Goku once before his form started failing. Note that the punch grab happened after a shot where Goku's eyes briefly returned to normal. If Goku can actually sustain it next time he can beat Jiren.

Goku got only one hit in too, and it was a knee+ki blast that did no damage, AND before jiren revealed he wasn't even using his ki aura. it's not like it was some one sided fight. Or you need to watch it again. You might as well be concluding that someone that could hit base Goku is a match for him, even though he wasn't using a super saiyan form. Nah.

If the fusion looks cool Zeno will allow it.

Even if he does, U11 kai just gives jiren his earrings and he fuses with toppo, and Goku/Vegeta are outmatched again.

LotusHD

Banned
It's pretty much just every attacks with different colours and she only used her love attack once

Better than intense... scratching. ;D

Yeah the kaoken + blue the first time was cool. But this... I'm hyped to the extreme.

Damn, I wish there was some other anime I could I need more hype this was so good!!!!

Watch 131 episodes of Hunter X Hunter

I mean, at this point every single universe besides 11 should be teaming together to stop Jiren.
I expected at least Caulifla and Kale to help Goku with the genkidama. Of course they didn't know how that worked, but seeing Gohan and the others raising their hands...

It has to be, probably after the tournament.

For real. Goku's new form is the most hype shit I've seen in an anime or manga in like, years.

How does Goku achieve UI again without Spirt Bomb'n himself?

Not dying to the Genki Dama was just the extreme circumstance that allowed Goku to reach the state, it's not necessarily required to do it again. The trick in the upcoming episodes will be him figuring out how to activate it again.

Skeeter49

The last thing we learned from OG DB was if you're not close to the fighter's level, you ain't going to do shit against him.

This was stated when Goku fought Piccolo in the tournament, and Krillin and co. wanted to help.

How does Goku achieve UI again without Spirt Bomb'n himself?
Frieza giving him energy.
Episode 113 spoiler.
Fighting Caulifla and Kale.

Top Bottom