• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

Maddness

maxresdefault.jpg

They've been hinting at it for a while.

Whales

Banned
god damn these last 2 episodes were hot

I guess im the only one that thought
frieza was about to kill goku at the end there? Didn't think about him giving his energy lol

HardRojo

god damn these last 2 episodes were hot

I guess im the only one that thought
frieza was about to kill goku at the end there? Didn't think about him giving his energy lol

Lol no, his line was a bit ambiguous on purpose along with the suspicious facial animation, but it's obvious now what he was referring to.

Maddness

Honestly I think the new transformation is great not only because it's fucking hype, but it also makes me feel more confident that the arc is going to end somewhere around the GOAT (Freeza) taking the win. Wishing to be a new GoD and ultimately having to fight with Goku to settle it. And what better way to showcase Goku's ability to go toe to toe with a GoD than to have a new power up and have to fight "the one mortal who could beat a GoD" in the tournament to cement this point.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
when the gods are discussing ultra instinct, on the frame with tenshinhan and krillin, is Belmod the one saying "ridiculous, impossible!"

i can't tell

I didn't like how this was done either. I thought it was either Belmod or Beerus. The one explaining that the gods are confused was Roshi though, that part I'm sure of.

I didn't like how this was done either. I thought it was either Belmod or Beerus. The one explaining that the gods are confused was Roshi though, that part I'm sure of.
I'm pretty sure it was belmod. It sounds different than beerus normally does. It also makes more sense than beerus saying it.

Shin's comment about Jiren sounded like Jiren's stronger than Merged Zamasu and Blue Vegito, he might be but Shin is also the last person I'll ever trust about anyone's power.

edit:Kagari is about to purge all you ningen for this affront to Gohan.

I stilll wish this series went longer before Goku got to this level. This is a good arc to do it in, but I don't think we should have even been at this arc yet.

No wait Jiren definitely is stronger than them(i dont know about any hypothetical kaioken Vegito), Goku alone was able to knock back MZ and break his halo, Jiren would have tanked the shit out that. You win this time Shin.

Alec

Guys give it up for Jiren though. How badass was it when he told Goku he would wait for him to charge the spirit bomb, and then reiterated it like "yes, you fucking heard me. I will wait. Give me your best shot"
And because he waited, Goku obtained UI...and will probably lead to Jiren's defeat. Our heroes do that all the time but always win anyway.

Tookay

The whole premise of the arc blows a lot of potential set up in BOG. It's honestly really stupid
It's over 100 episodes in. It's okay to start delivering on promises.

Besides there are other strong universes still sitting this one out.... So it's not like BoG's potential has run out.

Maddness

Wait a minute... if Gohan is Waluigi then...

Nah. Goten is Waloga.

Thoughts on theories about jiren being a being/god from one of the destroyed universes?

There is definitely something going on with him and the Universe 11 GoD. For sure.

I'm also wondering if Belmod is somehow using Jiren as a body puppet to fight in this tournament, and we're really seeing Belmod's power on display.

I think this would be more likely.

Lamel

Banned
I'm also wondering if Belmod is somehow using Jiren as a body puppet to fight in this tournament, and we're really seeing Belmod's power on display.

Well Gohan is already on SSB level without god ki. He doesn't need it. He's also mentioned that he will find a way of surpassing Goku using his own means. Whether they actually go down that route in a future arc remains to be seen but he doesn't need to go down the route Goku does to be as strong as him or stronger.

He's stronger than SS3, but I wouldn't say he's God status yet, or even close really.

Theres 12 universes worth of people. This arc just takes the strongest 10 from most of them and throws them in a pit together. And at the end most of them are going to go away, and if they just come back with the dragon balls, what a waste of time

Eh I kinda disagree

I don't really care about the other universes beyond their strongest fighters.

We got space exploration stuff in GT and it was hot garbage. Not saying it would be the same in super, but it doesn't seem too interesting. I don't think it's a waste of time if they are wished back bc now we have a basis for more interactions. Was this the best way to facilitate it? I dunno, but it's how they did it.

redfox088

Banned
more specifically I believe belmod may have given his power to jiren or used their universes Dragon balls for a “never lose” wish as belmod repeatedly says “its impossible for jiren to lose”

Slaythe

Because it will be revealed U4 has the mortal that a GoD can't beat.

It's probably not going to be a raw power thing.

We also had no fighter using parasite type moves, so I guess the green insect takes over Hit or Kale or something.

why is that damn rat so damn chill though, everyone is putting Jiren over and making him look strong except him.

Im gonna go with the thing mentioned earlier in the thread, he has 2 invisible bugs somewhere. Even if Jiren eliminates everyone the rat still wins with 2 fighters left.

Boss X

Banned
For real. Goku's new form is the most hype shit I've seen in an anime or manga in like, years.

Not dying to the Genki Dama was just the extreme circumstance that allowed Goku to reach the state, it's not necessarily required to do it again. The trick in the upcoming episodes will be him figuring out how to activate it again.

Vegeta must know UI since he trained with Whis also.

Top Bottom