• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

Piers

tumblr_inline_oxhqpv03XM1qbjpiv_540.gif

That Ethernet connection difference.
This picture is now meaningless because I thought Vegeta and Gohan would be knocked off :((

It’s really hard not to watch this shit when you’re waiting for a decent Blu-Ray set of this. 13 episodes a set is kinda bullshit. That’s like 8 sets at this rate.
Here in the U.K. we haven’t got any sets at all yet. The first 13 episodes is later this month I think, then nothing until January.

HeroR

They implied that goku and jiren didn't get this powerful through just training and they got at least some of their power through other means and in the case of goku it's true

What the gods said that neither of them got this stronger from 'normal' training. But your point is right.

I can't be the only one who really liked super rebrianne when she started shooting her arrows, cause there was some nice animation there

Nope, you're right. Once she entered her super state it was really well done. Her attacks may look ridiculous and cutesy, but they are quite versatile and powerful.

Maybe there is a ritual not just for super saiyan god, but a ritual of sorts to help turn a mortal into a god of destruction and Jiren has somehow already received that?

HeroR

please

lmao

goku looked great in Ultra Instinct (episode 110), alright.

However, people who are used to watching dragon ball super, must be blind if they consider goku's appearance, while he's in SS 1/2/blue (spicky like saiyan hair), to be any good, let alone it having better art than dragon ball z.

Like come on now. How can someone look at goku in the parts of 109 where he was in SS 1/2 (the worst offenders) and also blue, and tell me that "nothing from z touches it in terms of art". Super saiyan goku used to look dramatically better in the past.

Me and I watched Z recently.

A-V-B

Wonder what it's gonna take for Jiren to give a fuck

He gave a super mondo fuck right at the end when Goku was ramping it up and kneed him in the gut. Jiren has emotions, he just tries massively hard to show nothing whatsoever so that he seems intimidating.

Someone should do a YouTube video where Jiren has an inner monologue that's going, "oh a new form? Well, alright, I can probably handle this -- OH GOD HE'S SO FAST, WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS BULLSHIT? Nope, nope. Don'tlethimknowitbothersyou, don'tlethimknowitbothersyou -- ooh, is he running out of energy already? Is that why his eyes are going dark? Thank you!!"

Thud

Got caught up again. Super still has its sloppy parts.

I also hope the form changes so it suits Goku more. Feels really cold man.

ec0ec0

Me and I watched Z recently.

well, that was unexpected, as SS 1/2/blue without the blue aura (speciallty SS 1/2) looked pretty off to me.

If i had to guess, i would assume that the general consensus is that super saiyan goku (and spicky saiyan like hair) look significantly worse in super, compared to in the past.

However, goku's appearance in dragon ball super is probably a discussion that people had way back when super was released. Me randomly coming in and bringing it up 109 episodes in (i hadn't watched a full episode of super before) is probably not going to make people interested in going over that again.

I wanted to give my opinion on it, at least.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
You know I've been pretty lukewarm on Super for a long time now, even after the parts everyone started liking the show. However I just caught up on the latest episodes of the Japanese run of Super and its really improved a lot from the animation to the actual fight choreography and even the dramatic moments and shocking reveals have a bit more punch and bite to them. Its still not perfect by any means but its improved a shocking amount in like two years time.

Slaythe

You know I've been pretty lukewarm on Super for a long time now, even after the parts everyone started liking the show. However I just caught up on the latest episodes of the Japanese run of Super and its really improved a lot from the animation to the actual fight choreography and even the dramatic moments and shocking reveals have a bit more punch and bite to them. Its still not perfect by any means but its improved a shocking amount in like two years time.

You can call it Reverse Berserk.

Kevinroc

but it was the first time i watched a full episode :p that's why i asked. I didn't know.

Okay. The Tournament officially began in episode 97. Goku's been fighting at different levels since the tournament began, shifting between his various forms.

The point is Goku wasn't exactly fighting with a full tank when 109 begins.

ec0ec0

Okay. The Tournament officially began in episode 97. Goku's been fighting at different levels since the tournament began, shifting between his various forms.

The point is Goku wasn't exactly fighting with a full tank when 109 begins.

that's good info. I could easily watch from 97 to 109.

Wait, so, by the time they fighted, goku was alredy tired and jiren hadn't done anything? that explains everything. It wasn't a fair fight!

edit: ups, double post. Don't ban me.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
The look of Goku's awakened power was pretty good looking. I liked the more simplistic take on things and Goku having that killer stare also helped.

CryptiK

they keep drawing his face weird, there have only been a handful of shots in Super where he's looked comparable to how he did in Z

Its not that they draw his face weird, its that they have made his hair weirdly short. It was longer in DBZ. Now they have shortened it up and it just looks awkward.

And yeah hes basically GT Vegeta without the bang it looks gross.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I do think its interesting that through out this arc gohan has had a case of looking pissed almost every shot and I feel that is deliberate because a lot of surface level gohan fans only really like him when he's being either cocky or mad af

This one is from the ToP, and there's another good one from Vegeta doing his Final Flash against Magetta in the U6 tournament.

6Jf8LgE.png

yeah this one and a couple others from the ToP have been really good super saiyan vegeta art

Its not that they draw his face weird, its that they have made his hair weirdly short. It was longer in DBZ. Now they have shortened it up and it just looks awkward.

And yeah hes basically GT Vegeta without the bang it looks gross.

hm that's a good point too

but they are definitely drawing his face weird as well

Astral Dog

what's the difference between giving him his energy, so that goku can use it in an attack to try to defeat an oponent, as opposed to giving goku energy directly, to recover?

im not sure what you mean but recovery/health techniques are prohibited in the tournament

HardRojo

These 2 from Gohan training with Piccolo are among my favorite SS shots in Super too (wish I could find a cleaner version of the first one):

5.png

CUstkvf.png

Top Bottom