• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 |OT| Just in Time for Super

Omni

Well, what fighting game that carries over old stages/maps 1:1 makes any changes to them?...

Anyway, the value here depends on multiple factors:

1) How many hours you put into XV1
2) If you bought all the DLC for XV1
3) If you care a lot about the gameplay changes they've made (which are significant)
4) How much you liked XV1
5) Whether or not playing a lot of the old PQs (some slightly remixed to include new characters and/or fixed up to be less annoying to play) will make you bored (there's 100 total PQs with at least half being old and half being new)
6) Whether or not the bullshit AI in the first game being completely gone in this one is something that matters to you (as in they no longer have super armor, infinite Ki, or infinite Stamina; you can see their Ki and Stamina now)

If any of the above are sore spots for you (or don't care for them), then the game probably isn't worth $60 to you and you should wait for a price drop to around $40. Otherwise, the game is a mix of old content and new content to, essentially, have more content than XV1. Along with great quality of life improvements to the gameplay.
I dunno. I don't play many fighting games xD

Anyway. Thanks for the response! I loved the first game and played all the DLC and stuff. But yeah, I think you're right in that I should wait for a sale. I think I'll be looking at it the wrong way if I pay full price right now.

Not sure where to get QQ bangs and what they do.

Im also a Saiyan lol. My Stats are:

Max Health:17
Max Ki: 30
Max Stamina: 20
Basic Attacks: 32
Super Strikes: 12
Ki Blast Supers: 32

capsule corp area will allow you to craft them using two clothing items and a useable item, they work like clothing buffs but when you do use one it replaces any clothes buff you may currently have.

Okay so I finally got the Golden power for Freeza's race and it is phenomenally styled. I thought it'd be quite boring but the gold looks great and the metallic effect it adds to other parts is fantastic, the blues on my character look so good.

gai_shain

So I didnt really do any story missions/pqs for 10 hours and just did all the side stuff. Now im lvl 60 and its easy mode for the pqs lol

Anyone else find the difficulty, particularly PQs, totally fucked up? Steamrolling through a PQ mission, then getting totally stomped on by an enemy (that isn't even the boss of the PQ) that jumps out of your combos, just guards your stamina breakers, teleports out of every combo and back attacks every attempt at a rear attack with psychic precision. It's kinda fucked, makes some PQs a total nightmare of unfun. Looks even worse when I'm getting my face pounded in and my AI partners are just floating like 10 feet away watching it happen.

Anyone else find the difficulty, particularly PQs, totally fucked up? Steamrolling through a PQ mission, then getting totally stomped on by an enemy (that isn't even the boss of the PQ) that jumps out of your combos, just guards your stamina breakers, teleports out of every combo and back attacks every attempt at a rear attack with psychic precision. It's kinda fucked, makes some PQs a total nightmare of unfun. Looks even worse when I'm getting my face pounded in and my AI partners are just floating like 10 feet away watching it happen.

I ran into a similar issue with the first game. I haven't gotten that far in PQs in 2, yet, but I found once I got to like 4 or 5 star PQs, they became impossible with an AI. I had to do them with a real person.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

Play the game a lot calmer and focused.

The game's pace is breakneck most of the time but the teleport has horrible recovery.
You should never do power hits if they have 2 bars so you can back attack,
Learn what attack combos into breaks, the generic one is knock away, teleport, break as they fly into you.
If you teleport out of a normal hit block, if they do a charged back attack grab asap
Learn what normal attacks you can dash cancel. This let's you be very aggressive at low risk

I never played part 1 but I'm slowly already starting to hold my own vs vets with just these things

X-Frame

So I just bought this game and just started -- I didn't play the first game either.

What sort of stuff should I be doing first? As of now I plan on going through all of the Elder Kai's training tutorials to get a better grasp of the combat. What about after that?

I picked a Saiyan and prefer close-quarters combat. Thanks!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
So I just bought this game and just started -- I didn't play the first game either.

What sort of stuff should I be doing first? As of now I plan on going through all of the Elder Kai's training tutorials to get a better grasp of the combat. What about after that?

Do the mentor stuff as it comes up which is an easy way to expand your move set and always do the advancement test as soon as they are avaliable. The guru side quest are annoying but do them every time they pop up and get them over with as you have to do it around 10-12 times. Sadly as a melee based character your best ultimate is locked behind a mentor that doesn't show up until the buu saga. As for stats I'm not etirely sure. Get your strike and strike supers up, but don't neglect hp and Stam and and ki to get ssj3. The numbers needed for that should be online somewhere. Don't over invest in ki though

KHlover

Banned
Do the mentor stuff as it comes up which is an easy way to expand your move set and always do the advancement test as soon as they are avaliable. The guru side quest are annoying but do them every time they pop up and get them over with as you have to do it around 10-12 times. Sadly as a melee based character your best ultimate is locked behind a mentor that doesn't show up until the buu saga. As for stats I'm not etirely sure. Get your strike and strike supers up, but don't neglect hp and Stam and and ki to get ssj3. The numbers needed for that should be online somewhere. Don't over invest in ki though

5 bars for SSJ3 iirc

the difference in strengh between ssj2 and 3 is quite small but you lose a lot of stamina regen speed, i'd personally avoid using it.

Same for kaioken x3 and x20, the stamina drain is huge in x20 and ruins the buff unless you want to be completely open to combos after 20 seconds.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
the difference in strengh between ssj2 and 3 is quite small but you lose a lot of stamina regen speed, i'd personally avoid using it.

Same for kaioken x3 and x20, the stamina drain is huge in x20 and ruins the buff unless you want to be completely open to combos after 20 seconds.

Only female majins should be using x20 imo. Even then Ive been using unlocked potential for now, it has 0 drawbacks

Any tips on doing the advanced knockback tutorial? I have to press Y+B after following with up and A, but Krillin never comes close enough for me to connect, I keep mashing Y+B but it always moves at the same time. Infuriating.

Holy shit, finally got it; then the commands dissapeared and the tut got stuck. FFS how infuriating.

Revven

Doing the Elder Kai tutorials definitely is a good start, it teaches you some stuff just playing the game normally wouldn't -- especially knockback (triangle + circle).

So, after the Elder Kai, I'd recommend working on getting skills from the Mentors (if they are available to you right now, which at least Krillin and Yamcha should be iirc). They give you experience and you also get moves from them; Wolf Fang Fist and Orin Combo (if you're planning on being Strike-focused rather than Ki Blast focused) are both good early game strike moves you can easily combo into from any string.

After the mentors, try to do some offline PQs (offline because online can take awhile to get people to join the early ones and the early ones are generally easy enough to do on your own with AI allies). Oh and take Advancement Tests (the robot next to Elder Kai) when you are able to, they give you a lot of experience points.

And then once you feel you're high enough level, go do a story mission and then rinse and repeat from there.

Oh, also, because you're a Saiyan you'll probably want to either focus on Basic Attack, Ki/Stamina (pick one), Ki Blasts or Basic Attack, Ki/Stamina, or Strike. Since you'll get Super Saiyan at some point, SS1-3 buff Strike supers more than Ki Blast supers which is why the second option is a good focus for Saiyans. Stamina or Ki really depends on the type of player you are. If you plan to only play single player and PvE (PQs) then you could have an even distribution of stats between Ki and Stamina but I would try to focus on Basic Attack and Strike or Basic Attack and Ki Blast Super. Health is a pretty pointless stat to raise for Saiyans because they have lower health compared to the other races and bumping it up much won't do a whole lot for you.

When Time Rifts open up, you will want to go to Capsule Corp. and see Vegeta when the game tells you he is available to talk to. Doing the quest line with Vegeta (it's a series of training matches with him) is how you get Super Saiyan.

Hope all that helps.

Is there any point to doing Old Kai's training stages? Do they unlock anything? Because boy I don't ever want to do those again on an alt.

No, there's no need to do them other than if you want the trophy, the EXP they give you, and teaching you stuff you can't really find out by just playing the game (such as knockback combos).

Revven

I know humans were a bit OP in the first game. Are they still decent?

They didn't receive any major changes to my knowledge so they should still be pretty beastly. You also still have the choice of getting Potential Unleashed if you don't like the Power Pole + Nimbus.

Impulsor

This is my Saiyan.

eJo3NcL

Level 65.

25 Health
10 ki
25 stam
125 basic
0 strike supers
100 ki blast

Big One

Banned
God I wish they'd raise the level cap already. Took way too fast to get to level 80 and there's still a shitton of stuff I got to do.

Anung

Un Rama
Does anyone know how to unlock more time rifts? I have Ape Nappa and Slug but can't figure out how to unlock more.

Lagamorph

So I appear to have entirely bypassed Super Saiyan 1 and 2 and gone straight to 3.
I haven't even finished the Namek saga yet but already at level 41. Dumped about 90 points into Ki and the rest into Ki Supers so far.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Nice so ki does have its own version of justice combination.

It's maiden blast, learned from pan.

Also anyone down for some vs or Co op on ps4?

My psn is QisTopTier feel free to add me

Laiza

So I appear to have entirely bypassed Super Saiyan 1 and 2 and gone straight to 3.
Honestly, that stuff is just hilarious.

Would love to see the cast (especially Vegeta) react to that. It's just such a WTF moment in the context of the series. Only Gotenks can also claim to have done it, and he's a fusion character.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
All I want to know is if there's a gif where your stamina takes forever to recharge from a break but your enemy's takes like 5 seconds.
There are reasons for this.

Female Majin recover super fast by default

The more Stam you have when you get broken the faster you regen, with the exception of guard breaks and beerus beam those are = to a 0 bar Stam break

Edit: I could be wrong this is from observation

Nordicus

There's inconsistency in Majin transformation's animation length. Sometimes you get a dramatic pan of the Kid Buu form, other times you can just start fighting immediately. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT AFFECTS THIS AND IT'S DRIVING ME MAD!

Purification is such a high risk transformation that I'd take any cancel tech I can get.
1477871647857.gif

PvP in a nutshell.
Pretty much until you get back attacks down lol
Goku vs Cell is a good image of how the beginning of sparring matches with my friends go

HP0gNsK.gif

Nobody wants to stand still before they got the upper hand. Just spam those new dashes until you see an opening.

we need a gif for how every battle starts.

START

*both people dash at each other*

*one succeeds and hits other away*

*player gets the beginning of the volley attack*

*back dashes attacks*

*back dashes attacks*

Top Bottom