• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 |OT| Just in Time for Super

McNum

You can only pursue if you end the combo with a ki blast canceled into forward dash.

GoD's wrath has quite a bit of startup and recovery, but if you could manage to land gigantic omega after it, you would be able to continue the combo.
Gigantic Omega? Is that a move or...?

Honestly, I'm thinking... if I'm all the way up there, and they're on the ground with no Stamina, I have a pretty significant advantage as is. Maybe that should just be the point of that combo. Not all combos are max damage ones, some are to set up the board from something powerful. Or breathing room. If he can't get me, I have options. Plan B, of course, is throwing something big at them. Like a Spirit Bomb. When you can't block, one of those is somewhat annoying.

Actually, I'm not entirely sure what one's options are when stamina broken. I know you can't block, Z-vanish, or do that pursuit dash. But what can you do? Does the vanish step still work? I know you can still attack, so thinking the enemy helpless is a way to get punched in the face.
So yeah, I fucked up character creation and my game turned into some weird time-travel Final Fantasy bullshit instead of hokey Dragon Ball action, but I guess that's fine.
I knew in advance that I'd had to come up with a new one. So I made a Saiyan who couldn't believe a puny Earthling could be that great a hero. She signed up to show what a true Saiyan Warrior could do!

Raxious

Thanks guys! This did help a lot. I see Yamaha, Krillin, and Piccolo as mentors so far.

Also, when I created the character it asked me which fighting style I preferred -- does that actually matter to my character? I ended up re-creating my character for appearance reasons and picking the neutral option that I can do close or hanging back.

Nah, doesn't really mean a lot. Just gives you more melee skills if you go up close and personal, or more ki skills if you pick that option. I'm not sure but it might also be that the stats you start out with are slightly more in favor of the spec you've chosen. However, it doesn't mean crap in the long run, so no worries.

The first Advancement Test came available too but I've failed it 4-5 times now. Me vs. Yamcha, Tien, Krillin, and Piccolo is too much for me right now. I guess I need to advance the story a bit since I haven't done it at all yet.

It's a fairly easy fight once you've put in a few points in your stats. Remember to stamina break and then most of the advancement tests shouldn't be too difficult.

I ended up reaching Super Rank before I even finished the Frieza saga xD. Right now, all I got to do is 3 more expert quests ( 15 sucks!!! ), and Broly as an imstructor. After that I can start working on gathering 50% of the equipment and by then I'll only have the online trophies remaining...oh and those crappy Yamcha / Krillin quests, but they don't seem to spawn anymore :s

KHlover

Banned
I used to be like this too, but I couldn't wait. Now I love his voice lol, and going back to hear the Battle of Gods dub didn't feel right in some cases, like with the voices for Beerus and Whis. Have I been tainted?!

I like Japanese Whis more than US Whis, but Beerus imo has been perfectly casted in the dub.

Vic_Viper

Does the update come out today or tomorrow? I swear they said it was for Monday.

Also how many Guru missions do I need to do to get the Egg? I did 5 and got unleashed potential from him, letting my stats go up to 125, but no egg.

Vic_Viper

When doing PQs, is there any disadvantages of doing them with a different character other than your custom time patroller? Like do I get xp still if I do a PQ as say Goku Black?

Also how/when can I get Vegitto's outfit? Ive seen someone wearing it once so I assume its either hard to get or super late game. Either way, it looks awesome and I want it!

Laiza

Does the update come out today or tomorrow? I swear they said it was for Monday.
November 1st. You're one day early.

Also, patches generally never come out on Mondays. Tuesday-Friday is generally when you would expect any updates (with maintenance days commonly landing on a Tuesday or a Wednesday).

When doing PQs, is there any disadvantages of doing them with a different character other than your custom time patroller? Like do I get xp still if I do a PQ as say Goku Black?
You still get XP and everything. Generally your time patroller can be stronger (since you can pick your moves and min-max your stats), but there's nothing obligating you to use them in PQs.

Lagamorph

Aw man, just discovered that Super Saiyan transformations don't carry over into cutscenes like they did in the first game.
Absolutely gutted about that. Really wanted to see my Super Saiyan 3 in cutscenes.

Far more annoyingly, mid-battle cutscenes knock your transformation off entirely.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Can you get Trunks as an instructor?

So I'm not playing, but my 15-y.o. son is on PC. His character apparently got deleted somehow? He swears he didn't do anything except alt-tab out while at the character screen. Has anyone heard of anything like this happening?

McNum

I am now completely out of red scroll icons on the Conton City map. Does that alter the ending in any way? In XV1, you could get a special ending by beating the final boss quickly, is there anything like that here?

Also, I'm unsure on how to spend the last points for my Basic Attack and Ki Blast Saiyan build. Got 32 all in all to add. Do I take Basic Attack or Ki Blast to 125 and spend the last 7 wherever, or do I boost Health? I feel like I have enough Ki, it's rarely full unless I make a point of that, and Stamina is kind of the same. Hovering at 2-4 left a lot of the time.

Is there a point to doing the Guru missions after getting the boost to 125 skill points? I just got the Part 1 mission again, not feeling like repeating the same boring missions again.

Durden77

So do the in-game characters have the same attributes of your CaC? For instance, if I put all my points into basic attack for my character, will SSGSS Vegeta have extremely strong basic attack? Or do they have their own attributes that just level with your character? Becausr they obviously get stronger as you do.

Laiza

So do the in-game characters have the same attributes of your CaC? For instance, if I put all my points into basic attack for my character, will SSGSS Vegeta have extremely strong basic attack? Or do they have their own attributes that just level with your character? Becausr they obviously get stronger as you do.
They have their own attributes.

This is true even in online battles with limitations applied (no items, no levels, etc.). They always have their own stat spread that is independent of the player characters'.

Durden77

They have their own attributes.

This is true even in online battles with limitations applied (no items, no levels, etc.). They always have their own stat spread that is independent of the player characters'.

Sweet, that's what I hoped for thanks.

Lagamorph

I've noticed something weird about stamina. It suddenly requires 2 bars of stamina for me to Z-Vanish out of a combo, but the AI still only has to use 1 to vanish out of mine. I'm certain that when I started playing I only needed a single bar, then suddenly it just started needing 2.
I still only use a single bar to vanish behind an enemy when I knock them away though.

I'm taking this slow and really enjoying everything. I read something earlier about "be careful who you join factions with because it will effect later game events" Now I have an option to do a mission for Appule.

Basically can I fuck myself up doing this? Can someone explain what happens later game in spoilers so I know I'm not going to do something wrong

Nordicus

5-star and above PQs don't fuck around. Their AI puts up a fight
I've noticed something weird about stamina. It suddenly requires 2 bars of stamina for me to Z-Vanish out of a combo, but the AI still only has to use 1 to vanish out of mine. I'm certain that when I started playing I only needed a single bar, then suddenly it just started needing 2.
I still only use a single bar to vanish behind an enemy when I knock them away though.
You use 2 bars when you're vanishing out of stagger.

You use 1 bar if you vanish while blocking, or using vanish to continue offense
Basically can I fuck myself up doing this?
You can't

Laiza

Besides what Nordicus noted, Kaioken changes the cost of vanishing as well. Regular Kaioken = 75% stamina cost, x3 = 50%, x20 = 0% (free).

Lagamorph

But the AI only ever seems to use 1 bar when vanishing out of stagger, infact the AI only seems to ever use 1 bar of stamina no matter what circumstances they vanish under.

Nordicus

But the AI only ever seems to use 1 bar when vanishing out of stagger, infact the AI only seems to ever use 1 bar of stamina no matter what circumstances they vanish under.
If this were true then the AI would often vanish out of my Stamina Break combo setups with just 1-1.5 stamina, but that has not happened so I think you're mistaken there.

Varna

Are the z-souls effects still pretty crazy?

Was really hoping they would scrap the idea or at least just provide simpler effects. Those things were down right broken in online battles.

Laiza

Are the z-souls effects still pretty crazy?

Was really hoping they would scrap the idea or at least just provide simpler effects. Those things were down right broken in online battles.
They're irrelevant in online battles since everyone plays with limitations enabled (no items, no levels, etc.).

Slaythe

The only voice in the Japanese dub I do not like at all is King Kai's. He just sounds way too chill all the time even when he is freaking out, it makes no sense.

That's because his voice actor was over 80 and retired. He is old and sick.

He was replaced.

King Kai in Z was perfectly fine.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I took a screenshot of the part of the game I've spent the most time with

8fGehaM.jpg

Revven

The patched load times on PS4 are soooooo much better. Literally down to (what seems like) 5-10 second loads now outside of the first time you log into the hub which is somewhere around 20 seconds compared to what was probably the 40 seconds it was before. Great change, makes going back to the hub take sooo much less time.

Top Bottom