• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 |OT| Just in Time for Super

idonteven

anyone wanna do mixed battle expert mission ? its way to hard to do with a few people and it takes ages for them to join my group

They're irrelevant in online battles since everyone plays with limitations enabled (no items, no levels, etc.).

really? eh that takes the wind out of making a cool character a little bit.

Wait, you have to be host to get a rank at the end of a PQ/Rift? Who the fuck thought this was a good idea?

If you join a mission you have yet to unlock yourself you can't get ranked for it, but if you and the other player have the mission unlocked it should rank you both.

Looking forward to the improved load times later.

Flying around exploring the hub with everyone else doing their thing is really cool. I spent some time last night following a guy doing milk deliveries and cheering him on with appropriate emotes along the path.

I haven't seen many Namekians so far. I rolled one since they've always seemed like one of the cooler Dragon Ball races, but I guess the lure of Super Saiyan was just too great. Majins are surprisingly cool as well - might do one as a second character if the game holds my interest.

X-Frame

^ How do I join a hub world with other players? Every time I sign in I am the only non-NPC there. Do I have to progress through the story more?

Beerus' Clothes (Upper Body) x2 and Senzubean Sprout. This is what I got.

mi1MThw.jpg

Nordicus

It's kinda impressive how often the high end PQ AI dodges my Pressure Sign kick with a simple side step and Just Guards obvious back attacks. It's a step up from Xenoverse 1 where the later enemies needed super armor.

lmao what the fuck is up with this expert mission tutorial? both times Nappa did the giant energy ball I'm supposed to fly into but I just died instantly, didn't even get the chance. A+ game design

Vic_Viper

This might be a dumb question, but where do I go to do the Expert Missions? I dont see anywhere to do them other than the PQ station and Battle station but they dont have them listed.

Also what is the current event? It says when I log in to check the Event board but it doesnt have anything listed other than rankings.

Also is there a good tutorial/guide on how QQ Bangs work. I still dont fully understand what they are for and how to use them properly. Do they replace all your clothing's stats? Is there a way to decide which clothing it replaces or does it replace them all?

Durden77

Thank god for the loading times. They are muuuch better.

Couple of questions...

- How do I get more expert missions to appear? JUst level up more? And they don't show on the map at all?

- Any guide to QQ Bangs? I made one but I don't understand it really at all and might not fuck with it much.

- What is the training bar that shows up with instructor missions? It's always full for me. And is it better to wait to do their missions while they you're instructor?

...I had more but I can't remember right now..

Vic_Viper

Couple of questions...

- How do I get more expert missions to appear? Just level up more? And they don't show on the map at all?

- Any guide to QQ Bangs? I made one but I don't understand it really at all and might not fuck with it much.

- What is the training bar that shows up with instructor missions? It's always full for me. And is it better to wait to do their missions while they you're instructor?

I also pretty much have the same questions.

Where did you find your Expert Missions? I cant seem to find how to do them. Wait are they just the quests with blue markers? If so then ive done a few of them already and didnt even know.

/Edit: Pretty sure the bar next to the instructor just shows your level with them. If you did all 4 of their training missions then your done with them. I still have Vegeta as mine since he will come and help in missions if I need him too.

Durden77

I also pretty much have the same questions.

Where did you find your Expert Missions? I cant seem to find how to do them. Wait are they just the quests with blue markers? If so then ive done a few of them already and didnt even know.

/Edit: Pretty sure the bar next to the instructor just shows your level with them. If you did all 4 of their training missions then your done with them. I still have Vegeta as mine since he will come and help in missions if I need him too.

I meant the bar at the bottom of the screen that shows up when you select their training missions. It's always full for me. But I think I've figured out the instructor stuff now. Still gonna try to max out all their bars because I want that lawl.

Couple of questions...

- How do I get more expert missions to appear? JUst level up more? And they don't show on the map at all?

Expert quests appear after a certain story threshold. QQ Bangs replace whatever stats you might get from clothing so you can play Fashion Ball Z as god intended. Put two clothing items with stats in there you like, along with an item, and pray the results are good. I don't know of any guides yet. The training bar, once maxed out, unlocks advancement tests at the academy that let you access more training missions. The instructor thing seems to be relatively inconsequential, just rewarding you an item every now and then when you talk to your trainer.

Vic_Viper

ok just did the tutorial Expert Mission. Can I search for players to help with them like PQs or do I have to find a party before the mission.

Also how far into the story mode am i? About to do the Buu saga stuff so I assume im close to the end right?

I think someone here said that being a Super Saiyan will automatically teleport you behind your enemy when you do an ultimate. Is this correct and is it only ultimates or supers too?

DId the patch fix the game crashing when wishing for PC?

ok just did the tutorial Expert Mission. Can I search for players to help with them like PQs or do I have to find a party before the mission.

Also how far into the story mode am i? About to do the Buu saga stuff so I assume im close to the end right?
You can search for people, but it seems not many are doing them, as you have to physically go to the location of each Expert Rift, and some of them are quite a pain to find. You can do most of them offline, but some are really damn hard to do with AI only. I wish they put a robot in the Questing area that let you search for each Expert Mission you've unlocked.

Vic_Viper

DId the patch fix the game crashing when wishing for PC?

You can search for people, but it seems not many are doing them, as you have to physically go to the location of each Expert Rift, and some of them are quite a pain to find. You can do most of them offline, but some are really damn hard to do with AI only. I wish they put a robot in the Questing area that let you search for each Expert Mission you've unlocked.

Yes that would be nice. Most people are probably not able to do them yet if they havent been playing alot plus theres probably going to be more on PS4 than PC atm. I only just hit level 50 myself.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I did seven Guru missions and I still have no egg. What the hell.

Dave1988

I think someone here said that being a Super Saiyan will automatically teleport you behind your enemy when you do an ultimate. Is this correct and is it only ultimates or supers too?

It works for only supers that can be charged(though I heard not all of them). Dunno about Ultimates.

I did seven Guru missions and I still have no egg. What the hell.

You need to do more than seven missions for the Guru to get the egg.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
You have to do all the missions, and then they loop back around and then you have to do them all again. It's some supremely lazy bullshit.
Whaaaat? That's really stupid. I figured getting the trophy for meeting Guru meant I'd get the egg, too.

I loved the main game, but overly drawn out PQs and this grindy nonsense are a little less than fun.

this is incorrect, it teleports you to an enemy during a charge super, so Kamehameha, Gallick Gun, Evil Explosion, etc. Doesn't work on chargeable ultimates like Super Gallick Gun

Vic_Viper

Damn, now I need to collect 15 TP Medals for the story lol. I spent most of mine over the weekend at the TP shop.

What is the best way to farm them/which missions even give them to you frequently? PQs?

hamchan

You have to do all the missions, and then they loop back around and then you have to do them all again. It's some supremely lazy bullshit.

Lame. If anything they should let us kill Guru and the other Namekians for withholding the egg from us. After all we're the time patrol, and all the Namekians dying is what actually happened, so yknow, we should follow the correct course of history.

Raxious

Anyone up for Expert Mission 15? been hosting a game for over 20 minutes and not a single person has joined on PS4 :(

Really would like to finish this one.

Durden77

Expert quests appear after a certain story threshold. QQ Bangs replace whatever stats you might get from clothing so you can play Fashion Ball Z as god intended. Put two clothing items with stats in there you like, along with an item, and pray the results are good. I don't know of any guides yet. The training bar, once maxed out, unlocks advancement tests at the academy that let you access more training missions. The instructor thing seems to be relatively inconsequential, just rewarding you an item every now and then when you talk to your trainer.

Cool, so there's no real rhyme or reason to QQ Bang mixing? And does it actually use up your clothing? I tried it with my battle suit and I'm pretty sure it's still there. ANd what's with the "1234" bar at the bottom when mixing?

Also I've beaten the story (I know there's supposed to be an alternate ending, haven't gotten that yet), and I still only see 3 expert missions including the 2 tutorials.

Slaythe

Android 17 moves

Energy shield (less range than Cell's but much faster)

tumblr_ooikn6VJOI1w3p557o1_540.gif

Dodges / baiting (maybe an ability to cancel homing dash with it)

giphy.gif

Dodge/Parry

tumblr_ooivs3aRKt1rnft7io1_540.gif

4roKd8v.gif

Dodge + Rekka high / low

giphy.gif

Kicks

tumblr_n669l4ccaY1tb4ryqo1_500.gif

tumblr_oovwffPUxX1w3p557o1_500.gif

Command grab + Slide Grab

tumblr_oc0vcgAACk1v1ooeno1_500.gif

0tHTwK0.gif