• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 |OT| Just in Time for Super

Anyone up for Expert Mission 15? been hosting a game for over 20 minutes and not a single person has joined on PS4 :(

Really would like to finish this one.
I really enjoy Expert missions but the need to be right by the side of the rift is really hurting the game. A truckload of people don't even know they exist.

Nordicus

Cool, so there's no real rhyme or reason to QQ Bang mixing? And does it actually use up your clothing? I tried it with my battle suit and I'm pretty sure it's still there. ANd what's with the "1234" bar at the bottom when mixing?
There is some consistency when you mix 2 items of the same set, you tend to get stats (nearly) identical to the items you fed it, otherwise the clothes kinda gives some semi-random QQ Bang, sorta based on the original items' rarity. And yes, those clothes are consumed.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Friend found Saiyan Krillin, haha

0TXUgt6.jpg

I made DBZ Claude Kenni from Star Ocean 2. Pants are the wrong color. Oh well.

You sure you mean the "Want to Be the Next God of Destruction" trophy? I had to Z rank all previous test to unlock the last one.

Oh sorry, i was totally wrong!
I really thought i got the trophy for the last test, but i don't.
Only got the trophy for the previous test.

Edit: Is there a list with the conditions for the Z rankings?

Revven

Has anyone gotten the egg from Great Saiyman yet? I'm wondering if there's a level requirement and/or story progression requirement to get the next set of quests triggered. I got the awakening (so this is on an Earthling character and not my main character) and then right after that I was able to do the first "rescue" mission (the one where you revive other Time Patrollers and there's Saibamen spawning in). I'm currently level 50 with the Cell saga almost done; do I need to complete the Cell saga? Do I need to be level 60? Or does it just take a loooot of easy (probably PQ 2) PQs to get Great Saiyaman to have something new?

Anyone know? Would like to know before I decide to continue the same routine I've been doing for the last 30 minutes... (some story missions, basically).

Trying to get all the eggs today along with the remaining awakenings (I now only need SS and SV of the quest line awakenings)

Nordicus

Has anyone gotten the egg from Great Saiyman yet? I'm wondering if there's a level requirement and/or story progression requirement to get the next set of quests triggered.
Yeah I got the egg. After I did all the missions with the Saiyaman group so that the replay robot showed up in the area, I got the egg from Hercule

Durden77

There is some consistency when you mix 2 items of the same set, you tend to get stats (nearly) identical to the items you fed it, otherwise the clothes kinda gives some semi-random QQ Bang, sorta based on the original items' rarity. And yes, those clothes are consumed.

Alright, I suppose I'll just mess with it with duplicates and shit

Also they nerfed the shit out of the Namekian giant with this patch. Lasts less then half as long as it did before. It probably needed it, but it's noticeable.

Dave1988

Oh sorry, i was totally wrong!
I really thought i got the trophy for the last test, but i don't.
Only got the trophy for the previous test.

Edit: Is there a list with the conditions for the Z rankings?

For the tests? Just be quick and kill everyone with an Ultimate.

Revven

Yeah I got the egg. After I did all the missions with the Saiyaman group so that the replay robot showed up in the area, I got the egg from Hercule

Yeah turns out you need to finish the Cell saga (including doing the expert mission tutorials AGAIN) to make the last quest show up. Stupid.

Vic_Viper

Is Baby really not in the game at all other than in his Ape form? Kind of a weird omission.

Is the SSGSS Goku and Vegeta in one of the final few PQs the God form with blue hair?

so uhh at any point is there a good Strike ultimate? I'm close to the end and I've got exactly one and it's awful. I invested over 50 points in strike supers already but it's feeling like the game really wants me to roll beam super (especially since I'm saiyan female but I know what I signed up for).

so uhh at any point is there a good Strike ultimate? I'm close to the end and I've got exactly one and it's awful. I invested over 50 points in strike supers already but it's feeling like the game really wants me to roll beam super (especially since I'm saiyan female but I know what I signed up for).

I've seen a lot of people hype Justice Combination. I'm a ki beamer so I haven't tested it.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

Adult Gohan Mentor is your savior

Nordicus

Justice Combination is a good one since it's decent damage and you can combo directly into it. Videl & Gohan teach it to you as their last lesson.

Revven

All quest lines and associated awakenings collected! Jesus, that takes way too long, they really need to offer up the option to have all progress on your main character carry over to the others. I could see that reducing the time it takes significantly.

Now all I need to do is to do the alternate ending, yay. Then I can focus on PQs and Expert Missions again.

Edit: Oh by the way, doing all those was with pre-boosted characters (as in I had someone host a high level PQ and exp boosted them to certain levels to breeze through story missions and the quests). So, just imagine trying to do all of that without boosting them to like level 40-50. Especially the Saiyan which you need to be level 60 to get Super Vegeta.

All quest lines and associated awakenings collected! Jesus, that takes way too long, they really need to offer up the option to have all progress on your main character carry over to the others. I could see that reducing the time it takes significantly.

Now all I need to do is to do the alternate ending, yay. Then I can focus on PQs and Expert Missions again.

Edit: Oh by the way, doing all those was with pre-boosted characters (as in I had someone host a high level PQ and exp boosted them to certain levels to breeze through story missions and the quests). So, just imagine trying to do all of that without boosting them to like level 40-50. Especially the Saiyan which you need to be level 60 to get Super Vegeta.

Unlocked skills are account-wide, so what reason would there be to do that stuff again on other characters? I haven't really dipped into alts yet, so I'm not sure what else carries over, besides skills and items.

Black_Red

Does the game get more "fluid" when you get more stats? played a ton of Tenkaichi 3 on PS2 and now I tried this with a couple of friends and the combo system feels weird (but still similar)

J4g3r

Was about to go buy Big Bang Kamehameha x100 but the TP Medal shop it closed...

Why is it only open on weekends?

katagai

What are expert missions and when do they become available?

They're essentially 6v1 boss battles, where you have to deal with various mechanics to win. As for when they unlock, you should be introduced to the concept/tutorials right after finishing up with the android saga. The two tutorials will be purple vortexes to the left of the steps leading up to the time nest, on a grassy hill.

patchday

Are clothes easier to get now? In the first game I grinded so hard and still couldnt get some clothes to drop. But I'm aware they addressed the awful old-school-korean-mmo style RNG X1 had

Teepo671

How do I get the super God Fist?
Parallel Quest 67.
Unlocked skills are account-wide, so what reason would there be to do that stuff again on other characters? I haven't really dipped into alts yet, so I'm not sure what else carries over, besides skills and items.
Personally, I liked having access to every PQ on every character in XV1 but I'm more annoyed that unlocked characters don't carry over. I really hope it's just an oversight that will be changed in a patch because unlocking wish locked characters all over again for every character is just too big a chore D:

Finished all the expert missions....I can't believe the ones with kid buu made it through testing, basically had to pray he wouldn't glitch out and teleport outside of range....
He still did but I manage to somehow hit him with final kame without any lockon anyway.

Dragon fist, Spirit sword.
Also kaioken assault is a super, but at 5ki bars it's basically an ultimate.

Revven

I meant doing them for the first time for each race, which is what I just did. None of your PQs carry over so having to grind through story missions and early PQs again with the double exp Soul would still be incredibly slow to getting the awakening + (if you don't want to do the first half of the quest again) the egg. I didn't want to have to do the same quests that you would have to do for the awakening on a certain race so I did both the awakening and the egg for each race.

And while yes, you only have to do the awakening quest once but you have to do it once for each race so that's 4 times (excluding the race you picked as your main, so since my Namek was my main I had to Frieza race, Saiyan, Earthling, and Majin). And any new character you make starts over in terms of story and PQ progress (as well as unlocked characters on the roster) at least right now (it may be patched later).

Laiza

Earth splitting galick gun is disappointing, I was hoping for an ult that actually looked like this with the crazy aura and all.

That shot just reminds me how disappointed I was that we still can't color our aura and ki blasts to whatever colors we want.

McNum

My story progress is at 93%, after the credits + eggs, for the
Bardock VS Miira
story fight.
How to unlock the rest?
There's also a
Future Gohan vs. 17 and 18
fight. Trunks should still have a scroll icon over his head if you haven't done that yet.

Neku054

Neo Member
There's also a
Future Gohan vs. 17 and 18
fight. Trunks should still have a scroll icon over his head if you haven't done that yet.

The percentage is weird, it shows it at 95% in one of the screens/tabs in Player Data and 100% on another so there seems to be either a glitch or its counting something else into the Time Patrol Quests

Wow, that patch really did help with the loading. Actually started doing PQs now. I love that they kept that one PQ that's essentially one long shoutout to that SNES DBZ RPG.

Earth splitting galick gun is disappointing, I was hoping for an ult that actually looked like this with the crazy aura and all.
It's pretty much just a recolored Kaioken Kamehameha.

The percentage is weird, it shows it at 95% in one of the screens/tabs in Player Data and 100% on another so there seems to be either a glitch or its counting something else into the Time Patrol Quests

Oh, you are right. It says 100% on the other page. That's strange.
But now i know i played every story mission.
Thanks.

The expert missions are very glitched when doing online. Tried no.15 online for 8 hours. The last big energy sphere was impossible to send back, no matter how many people shot beams at that thing. I did it offline now and finished on first try.

Top Bottom