• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 |OT| Just in Time for Super

Laiza

Wait, I thought that was one of the new features in DBXV2? (Although now it occurs to me that I haven't really seen any traces of it... so yeah.)
We can now change our basic ki blasts to different charged variants (homing, bomb, powered up, rapid fire), but changing the color is still not a thing.

I'm actually hoping for some pretty major changes in XV3 since they stated that it's going to get a lot more dev time than 2 had. Maybe they can shoehorn a few features in patches between DLC, who knows. They do seem keen on gathering feedback for the game, at least.

tuna_love

Banned
We can now change our basic ki blasts to different charged variants (homing, bomb, powered up, rapid fire), but changing the color is still not a thing.

I'm actually hoping for some pretty major changes in XV3 since they stated that it's going to get a lot more dev time than 2 had. Maybe they can shoehorn a few features in patches between DLC, who knows. They do seem keen on gathering feedback for the game, at least.
how do you do it

If they meant ki blast type, then that was hella misleading.

Accurate Super Saiyan hair has to happen either with a DBXV2 update or the next game. It's time.
how do you do it

The Z souls (or whatever they're called) now change ki blast type along with their effects from the first game. So it can be paralyizing, multi-shot, homing, etc., so long as you charge it up before firing.

tuna_love

Banned
If they meant ki blast type, then that was hella misleading.

Accurate Super Saiyan hair has to happen either with a DBXV2 update or the next game. It's time.

The Z souls (or whatever they're called) now change ki blast type along with their effects from the first game. So it can be paralyizing, multi-shot, homing, etc., so long as you charge it up before firing.
cool thanks

How do you Stamina Break? I can rarely ever get my ultimates to connect because they recover from the triangle knockdown too fast. Should I just do the Old Kai training stuff?

each level of SSJ increases strike attack damage considerably, ki blast slightly, and decreases the amount of ki you get from each hit, as well as lowers stamina regeneration rate. SSJ3 also decreases the damage you take.

Super Vegeta's stats basically act the same as SSJ1 and 2, except swap strike attack and ki blasts percentage wise. In my experience, your stamina also regenerates, at the very least, at the normal rate and not the reduced rate of SSJ. I'm 90% positive this isn't just a placebo.

Is the gameplay similar to any previous DB game, excluding the original Xenoverse of course. This game seems to have a positive buzz behind it, but it's been hard for me to into any DB games since Budokai, the one exception being Burst Limit.

Take into mind that the number of characters and the character creation aspects don't add anything for me personally.

Slaythe

Is the gameplay similar to any previous DB game, excluding the original Xenoverse of course. This game seems to have a positive buzz behind it, but it's been hard for me to into any DB games since Budokai, the one exception being Burst Limit.

Take into mind that the number of characters and the character creation aspects don't add anything for me personally.

No it is not similar to any DB game.

It's made by dimps (budokai and burst limit), it's a 3D brawler kind of game. XV 1 was pure garbage, but they fixed and improved the combat a ton in this sequel, reduced input lag, doubled game speed and framerate, added unique combos for each characters, pursuits etc...

The main appeal of the game is the online component and character creator so I don't know what to tell you.

They did add a PVP mode to disable levels, items and stuff, to focus on the fight with the least interference.

I'd say get it, it's probably the one DBZ game worth getting out in the past 5 years. (or more)

God I wish there was a way to automatically go to the next challenge/training event when you finish one. Having to load back into the hub every time is infuriating. Load times on PS4 are worse than I expected.

each level of SSJ increases strike attack damage considerably, ki blast slightly, and decreases the amount of ki you get from each hit, as well as lowers stamina regeneration rate. SSJ3 also decreases the damage you take.

Super Vegeta's stats basically act the same as SSJ1 and 2, except swap strike attack and ki blasts percentage wise. In my experience, your stamina also regenerates, at the very least, at the normal rate and not the reduced rate of SSJ. I'm 90% positive this isn't just a placebo.
There is also future ssj which has the fastest ki recovery amongst ssj form, but the damage boost is less.
Potential unleashed is probably the best form if you are will to sacrifice some strike damage from ssj3, because the ki recovery is the highest of all forms

Ssj3 is basically for if you just want to punch ppl to death or use spirit sword/dragon fist
Beams = super vegeta
Strike = ssj
Balance = future ssj/potential unleashed

Impulsor

There is also future ssj which has the fastest ki recovery amongst ssj form, but the damage boost is less.
Potential unleashed is probably the best form if you are will to sacrifice some strike damage from ssj3, because the ki recovery is the highest of all forms

Ssj3 is basically for if you just want to punch ppl to death or use spirit sword/dragon fist
Beams = super vegeta
Strike = ssj
Balance = future ssj/potential unleashed

Super Vegeta + Goku the legendary Super Saiyan! Z-Soul balances out way better than using Future SSJ.

Future SSJ doesn't appear to regenerate KI faster, like it says.

I've been testing this and although my Saiyan is themed towards this, it doesn't seem it's worth to use Future SSJ over Super Vegeta.

In fact, normal SSJ for me also sucks because SSJ3 has almost no KI regen.

No it is not similar to any DB game.

It's made by dimps (budokai and burst limit), it's a 3D brawler kind of game. XV 1 was pure garbage, but they fixed and improved the combat a ton in this sequel, reduced input lag, doubled game speed and framerate, added unique combos for each characters, pursuits etc...

The main appeal of the game is the online component and character creator so I don't know what to tell you.

They did add a PVP mode to disable levels, items and stuff, to focus on the fight with the least interference.

I'd say get it, it's probably the one DBZ game worth getting out in the past 5 years. (or more)

Well, now I wish I downloaded the beta when I had the chance. I was thinking of picking up Xenoverse 1 as a barometer during a Steam sale, but from your impressions that doesn't seem like a good gauge. Maybe I'll try it on Steam and just get a refund if I don't find it enjoyable.

Nordicus

I was thinking of picking up Xenoverse 1 as a barometer during a Steam sale, but from your impressions that doesn't seem like a good gauge.
Yeah it really isn't. it's much more clunky. You got several static combos that you may in some cases follow up with a super, hit tracking online is way worse and combos that are supposed to connect even with just slightly strict window tend to whiff, fast characters can kite forever, and there's a lot of downtime if fighters end up far apart forwhatever reason.

With xeno 2 being out and using a lot of what the first game had but improved it's not worth buying xeno 1.

If you could get DBXV1 cheap I'd recommend it, though only if you're not planning to get DBXB2 for a long while. I really like the character import thing and think it adds a lot.

But yeah, buying and playing both one after the other would lead to instant burnout and DBV2 is definitely the better game, so the choice is obvious.

Nordicus

I really like the character import thing and think it adds a lot.
That reminds me, the amount of TP coins I got from the import was surprisingly big. I didn't buy much from the TP Coin Shop, which I believe exists to give people alternate methods to get end-game PQ rewards when community dies down, but i could pretty much buy everything else I wanted with the coins.

That reminds me, the amount of TP coins I got from the import was surprisingly big. I didn't buy much from the TP Coin Shop, which I believe exists to give people alternate methods to get end-game PQ rewards when community dies down, but i could pretty much buy everything else I wanted with the coins.

yeah, given how the game has to connect to online to get the new TP store supplies, I totally expect the store to just be opened indefinitely once the community dies. Kinda like how XV1 has a double XP event permanently enabled now that the new game is out.

TimFL

Really thought they added this in XV2. I mean it was one of the most requested features back then. If they add it in an update they should at the very least allow us to change our characters hairstyle (because I picked one that works for both normal and SSJ).

Isn't there a wish for changing your appearance?

Really thought they added this in XV2. I mean it was one of the most requested features back then. If they add it in an update they should at the very least allow us to change our characters hairstyle (because I picked one that works for both normal and SSJ).

There is, just like the first game. But AFAIK, also like the first game it is a one-time deal and then you have to wish again.

And yeah, the Saiyan hair kind of baffles me too. Even if they cut the saiyan hairs down a bit and gave all of the Dragonball character wigs to Earthlings it would be a huge step up to see that spiky glory when you go Super Saiyan.

I'd be over the moon if they add Saiyan hair in a free update, but... I really doubt they're doing it. With how hairstyles are implemented it'd be a lot of extra hair models. Then they'd have to consider how it works when you're wearing hats. (The answer is to give a "hide helmet" option that auto-activates when Super Saiyan is on.)

I feel like they could've handled this problem by adding a separate "transformation appearance" section to creating your character. Not just for SSJ hair, but also for letting you change the appearance of your Frieza race (so it could be more than just the golden form). Namekians could actually become a monster instead of just growing giant. Most importantly, Majins wouldn't just be a palette swapped Kid Buu.

Branson

Ok well reading above regarding playing XV1 (sorry btw, didn't know there was already a discussion) I'm now conflicted on what to do. I want to do the character import feature and experience XV1 but don't want to burn myself out on XV2 so, god damnit. I guess I'll just not play either?

What a weird in between. The community is dead on 1 so it's like whatever anyway. I don't want to start on the second game of a series, that feels weird. Blah. Thanks guys. Guess I'll pass on it for now. By the time I get to XV2 the community will be dead anyway.

How many did you get, because dragon fist and m vegeta's explosion were 200 each.

Ok well reading above regarding playing XV1 (sorry btw, didn't know there was already a discussion) I'm now conflicted on what to do. I want to do the character import feature and experience XV1 but don't want to burn myself out on XV2 so, god damnit. I guess I'll just not play either?

What a weird in between. The community is dead on 1 so it's like whatever anyway. I don't want to start on the second game of a series, that feels weird. Blah. Thanks guys. Guess I'll pass on it for now. By the time I get to XV2 the community will be dead anyway.
Play xv, but just play the story, ignore the pq's and then head into xv2

Nordicus

Are you in position to possibly play Xenoverse 2 immediately? Just play Xenoverse 2, you don't miss much, maybe watch some XV1 cut scenes on youtube.

If not, create a character for XV1, and play the story mode keeping in mind that:
1) There are story mode difficulty spikes in XV1 that are cheap bullshit and nobody will argue with you on that
1a) To get past those, you might need to grind levels in Parallel Quests (co-op content, the meat of the game) and use consumable healing items no matter how cheap it feels.
1b) Don't force yourself if you're not feeling it and just wait for XV2
1c) XV2 story mode has way less bullshit moments and more just AI suddenly waking up and putting up a fight
2) The combat engine is way better in 2

So now you have your own character to import that will make your Xenoverse 2 experience slightly better

How many did you get, because dragon fist and m vegeta's explosion were 200 each.
Some 230. Like I said, I didn't buy much from the TP Coin Shop, which is where you can get those 2 moves from. It's a designed money sink for those incapable of doing end-game PQs

Kronotech

What's a good stat build for Namekian? XV1 I spread my points out quite a bit so I want to focus this time around.

I'm guessing Attack, Stamina, and Health?

One improvement I want to see in xeno 3 is animated hair and clothing, I want to see powering up make clothing ripple and hair sway when spiked up.

You could argue that DB super have stiff hair but thats due to cheaper animation costs, Z has lovely flowing hair in some scenes.

Vic_Viper

Anyone that missed out on the CE but still really wants that statue, Gamestop is selling it separate for $99 on 11/15. I preordered mine Sunday and im pretty sure they are still taking preorders, but if not you should be able to do it online still.

Going to be on for awhile today trying to finish up the story and alot of the PQs/Expert Missions on PS4. If anyone wants to group up later just send me an invite!

PSN: Squadon
Lvl 58 Saiyan

Laiza

What's a good stat build for Namekian? XV1 I spread my points out quite a bit so I want to focus this time around.

I'm guessing Attack, Stamina, and Health?
Generally you'll want to max out your basic attack ASAP as that's where the majority of your damage will be coming from (as there is no spamming ultimates in XV2). Generally you don't actually need to max out stamina or ki as qq bangs alone can get you to 8 bars with just 42 points in each (the break points are 42, 84, and 125 for each bar of ki or stamina).

Note that this is almost entirely an academic exercise, as the difference between 0 points in basic attack and 125 points in basic attack + the 20% from qq bangs only adds up to a 15% difference in damage in total, which is really not worth getting worked up over. Basically, you can do what you like depending on what kind of flavor you want your character to have.

Lagamorph

Jesus Christ

Inside Frieza's spaceship must be one of the worst levels in game history. The geometry completely breaks the chase mechanics and very often the enemy AI will just suddenly spawn on the far side of the map where the ally AI you're fighting with that they want to attack is.

Permanently A

Jesus Christ

Inside Frieza's spaceship must be one of the worst levels in game history. The geometry completely breaks the chase mechanics and very often the enemy AI will just suddenly spawn on the far side of the map where the ally AI you're fighting with that they want to attack is.

Its not great. I just end up cornering and spamming Finish Breaker on that map.

Slaythe

XV 1 community was dead because it was a garbage game.

Unfriendly to beginner, stupid grind fest.

This has at least limitations mode to ensure level 1 people don't get one shot by high levels like they do in XV 1.

Also, what is the fastest ki charge skill ? And how to get it ?

Kronotech

Generally you'll want to max out your basic attack ASAP as that's where the majority of your damage will be coming from (as there is no spamming ultimates in XV2). Generally you don't actually need to max out stamina or ki as qq bangs alone can get you to 8 bars with just 42 points in each (the break points are 42, 84, and 125 for each bar of ki or stamina).

Note that this is almost entirely an academic exercise, as the difference between 0 points in basic attack and 125 points in basic attack + the 20% from qq bangs only adds up to a 15% difference in damage in total, which is really not worth getting worked up over. Basically, you can do what you like depending on what kind of flavor you want your character to have.

Ah good to know, thanks for the tips. I'll focus on basic attack first and then gravitate towards my play style.

Vic_Viper

Just got Super Vegeta but not to sure what the difference is between it and just og Super Saiyan.

Also how do I setup costume presets for the character select screen for my custom hero?

Just got Super Vegeta but not to sure what the difference is between it and just og Super Saiyan.

Also how do I setup costume presets for the character select screen for my custom hero?

SSV is more ki blast focused. I'm also positive that your stamina regenerates at a normal rate, unlike SSJ.

You can setup presets under your customization menu iirc

olympia

i colored my namekian dude using manga colors

R6wB8Yzl.jpg

i'm really enjoying this game

Game just came in the mail (thanks target buy 2 get 1 free) and I was just wondering if there are any races that are total stinkers I should know about. I had a maxed out Buu, Freiza, and sayain in the last game so I was thinking about a human this time around, but I also liked my buu a lot so I may do that again.

X-Frame

Anyone know of any videos that show off group battles?

For example someone playing along with friends who are battling either equal number of enemies at the same time or just 1 enemy?

Want to send to some friends who may really be interested in that before picking this up.

Anyone know of any videos that show off group battles?

For example someone playing along with friends who are battling either equal number of enemies at the same time or just 1 enemy?

Want to send to some friends who may really be interested in that before picking this up.

search for Expert Missions on Youtube. Those are the 6v1 boss raid missions.

Slaythe

i colored my namekian dude using manga colors

R6wB8Yzl.jpg

i'm really enjoying this game

SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK !!!

We should play sometimes =) .

Hey guys, I'm looking for two sets of clothes.......

"trendy work clothes" basically Goku's farmer but that you can color

and "time patroller" outfit, that has 17's pants that you can recolor.

Thanks.

Top Bottom