• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 |OT| Just in Time for Super

Laiza

Are the stat points a straight percentage? IE one point is a one percent increase?
No, they're flat values.

Item stats used to be percentage based, but it seems they've changed that in XV2. +5 ki or stamina from QQ bangs seems to always give 3 bars of each, regardless of how many points you put into either. I think it's probably the same for the attack stats, which is likely also why they seem to make such a tiny difference on max level characters.

What's the best ultimate to use at the end of a combo? Final flash and perfect Kamehameha keep missing.
To land ultimates consistently you have to land a stamina break first. I suggest looking up the stamina break combos for whatever character you're playing (if they're available - if not, you might have to experiment in training mode for a bit).

For what it's worth, x4 Kaioken Kamehameha is one of the few that doesn't need a stamina break to land. Kaioken Kamehameha (the super attack version) is also a guaranteed combo ender that does a lot of damage for 1 ki bar.

Branson

XV 1 community was dead because it was a garbage game.

Unfriendly to beginner, stupid grind fest.

This has at least limitations mode to ensure level 1 people don't get one shot by high levels like they do in XV 1.

Also, what is the fastest ki charge skill ? And how to get it ?

Are you in position to possibly play Xenoverse 2 immediately? Just play Xenoverse 2, you don't miss much, maybe watch some XV1 cut scenes on youtube.

If not, create a character for XV1, and play the story mode keeping in mind that:
1) There are story mode difficulty spikes in XV1 that are cheap bullshit and nobody will argue with you on that
1a) To get past those, you might need to grind levels in Parallel Quests (co-op content, the meat of the game) and use consumable healing items no matter how cheap it feels.
1b) Don't force yourself if you're not feeling it and just wait for XV2
1c) XV2 story mode has way less bullshit moments and more just AI suddenly waking up and putting up a fight
2) The combat engine is way better in 2

So now you have your own character to import that will make your Xenoverse 2 experience slightly better

Some 230. Like I said, I didn't buy much from the TP Coin Shop, which is where you can get those 2 moves from. It's a designed money sink for those incapable of doing end-game PQs

How many did you get, because dragon fist and m vegeta's explosion were 200 each.

Play xv, but just play the story, ignore the pq's and then head into xv2
Ok so I'm picking up that I should just go with 2. But since I already have XV1, can you beat the story solo easily enough or do you have to stupidly grind to do it?

Slaythe

Ok so I'm picking up that I should just go with 2. But since I already have XV1, can you beat the story solo easily enough or do you have to stupidly grind to do it?

You're on Pc, get a trainer/mod to make your life easier.

Otherwise you'll end up having to grind. I don't think it would lead to XV 2 fatigue, because XV 2 doesn't play anything like XV 1. But you'll get bored to death by XV 1 if you try to rush without trainer. Such a shallow game.

If you were on ps4 I would flat out tell you to avoid the hell out of XV1, but the PC version at least ran and looked decent so I guess you can give it a shot.

Just don't judge the (terrible) gameplay, as they spent a lot of time changing it in XV2. :p

Nordicus

What's the best ultimate to use at the end of a combo? Final flash and perfect Kamehameha keep missing.
Pan's ultimate can be used at the end up a combo if you don't use any launcher. Damage isn't great, but it's guaranteed.

Also, Full Power Energy Blast Volley, that generic ulti, homes all its shots if you do it at the end of combo. Do a launcher and then the Ulti, and some 20 of the shots will land
Game just came in the mail (thanks target buy 2 get 1 free) and I was just wondering if there are any races that are total stinkers I should know about. I had a maxed out Buu, Freiza, and sayain in the last game so I was thinking about a human this time around, but I also liked my buu a lot so I may do that again.
Buu (male) seems to be a stinker now. They removed the 10-second cooldown super armor and didn't really give anything as replacement. And the racial transformation into Kid Buu is stupidly risky.
You will have to grind. I'll be impressed at the cheapness of your build if you never touch Parallel Quests going through the story. Or maybe these days the double XP reward event also affects story missions, dunno.

There's one called Emperor's something that's pretty amazing. It auto tracks a crap load of beams at the target. Definitely good for the end of a combo. It;ll completely drain your ki when you use it though

You will have to grind. I'll be impressed at the cheapness of your build if you never touch Parallel Quests going through the story. Or maybe these days the double XP reward event also affects story missions, dunno.

lol i barely touched pq's until after i beat the main story, i think the only ones i did were two of the blue exclamation marks because i didn't realize those were pq's

Branson

You're on Pc, get a trainer/mod to make your life easier.

Otherwise you'll end up having to grind. I don't think it would lead to XV 2 fatigue, because XV 2 doesn't play anything like XV 1. But you'll get bored to death by XV 1 if you try to rush without trainer. Such a shallow game.

If you were on ps4 I would flat out tell you to avoid the hell out of XV1, but the PC version at least ran and looked decent so I guess you can give it a shot.

Just don't judge the (terrible) gameplay, as they spent a lot of time changing it in XV2. :p

Pan's ultimate can be used at the end up a combo if you don't use any launcher. Damage isn't great, but it's guaranteed.

Also, Full Power Energy Blast Volley, that generic ulti, homes all its shots if you do it at the end of combo. Do a launcher and then the Ulti, and some 20 of the shots will land
Buu (male) seems to be a stinker now. They removed the 10-second cooldown super armor and didn't really give anything as replacement. And the racial transformation into Kid Buu is stupidly risky.

Alright thanks guys. I guess I'll just use a trainer for some parts of it. Im not above that lol.

Vic_Viper

Anyone know which mission I need to do to get the Bardock outfit?

Currently grinding the PQ 59 for Vegito's outfit. Just need his chest and hands to complete it!

Lagamorph

I'm only as far into the story as the Androids, and have done maybe 5 or 6 PQs at most, yet I'm already Level 52 due to spending so much time with the side-stuff.

Ki is at 100
Ki Supers are at about 120ish I think

Do you get a total of 300 points like in the first game? At the rate things are going (Now getting 7 points per level) it's looking like you'd go way over that by Level 100. Is the level cap lower now? Or do you just suddenly get no/fewer points at a certain level? Or do you get a higher point total this time?

Some individual PQs that might be hidden and not blocked by story progression, are either given by blue question mark NPCs on the map, or you have to do a previous PQ, which I doubt is the case with PQ1

There is no blue spot left on the map.
Maybe getting Z ranking / ultimate finish on PQ 12 to unlock number 13?
Will try that.
Still wondering about PQ 1

Dario ff

Banned
Anyone know of more interactions like this?

ywBb4Ar.png

Philtastic

To land ultimates consistently you have to land a stamina break first. I suggest looking up the stamina break combos for whatever character you're playing (if they're available - if not, you might have to experiment in training mode for a bit).

For what it's worth, x4 Kaioken Kamehameha is one of the few that doesn't need a stamina break to land. Kaioken Kamehameha (the super attack version) is also a guaranteed combo ender that does a lot of damage for 1 ki bar.

Agreed on this. They've made it so that different ultimates (and supers) might require different set ups to use which I'm liking as it means some people will play differently depending on the skills that they like. Just a small correction that Kaioken Kamehameha requires 2 ki bars because of how awesome it is, often doing just as much damage as the homing Full Power Energy Blast Volley ultimate (especially since you'll often miss a couple of its shots). I've switched to using Kaioken Kamehameha from Burst Kamehameha which doesn't seem to track as consistently.

On another note, I'm slowly making my way through the game and starting to get to more difficult levels where the AI really starts to shine. The AI in this game is soooooo much better than the braindead one in XV1, especially in that there are at least 2 AI types: melee and ranged. Love how the ranged guys attempt to maintain distance from you.

chaosaeon

Anyone that missed out on the CE but still really wants that statue, Gamestop is selling it separate for $99 on 11/15. I preordered mine Sunday and im pretty sure they are still taking preorders, but if not you should be able to do it online still.

Heard it's not the same as the CE one. Same sculpt yes but different paint job/ shading and colors. Apparently the gamestop one is one that's been out for awhile already known as "the Brush." Would love to hear any more info on this from someone who has both.

I feel like they could've handled this problem by adding a separate "transformation appearance" section to creating your character. Not just for SSJ hair, but also for letting you change the appearance of your Frieza race (so it could be more than just the golden form). Namekians could actually become a monster instead of just growing giant. Most importantly, Majins wouldn't just be a palette swapped Kid Buu.

This is a fantastic idea. You should absolutely tweet this to them or start a thread on their forums or something.

Vic_Viper

Anyone know what I need to do to unlock PQ 92? Ive Z ranked PQ 91, finished the story, and done all the blue quest markers available.

Heard it's not the same as the CE one. Same sculpt yes but different paint job/ shading and colors. Apparently the gamestop one is one that's been out for awhile already known as "the Brush." Would love to hear any more info on this from someone who has both.

Are you sure about this? All the pictures and discription on Gamestop's website are the same for each. I know theres an alt paint job thats supposed to match the manga colloring but I dont think its out yet.

http://www.gamestop.com/collectibles/toys/dragonball-z-super-master-stars-piece-figure-the-super-saiyan-son-goku/130265

125495b.jpg

Looks the same to me?

Vic_Viper

ok my bad, theres going to be 4 different versions. It might be a different one from the CE but it still looks awesome. Here are the 4 variants:

12742745_234803063519381_4060537893368915785_n.jpg

Looks like his hair is alot more colorful along with some minor color changes. Looks alot better than the original imo.

All 4 have been out for awhile but super rare. Only sold in a lottery in Japan. The Brush though looks to be the same as the CE version. The Original, is called that because its colored to look like the original anime instead of the new coloring in Super. Basically the hair is alot less bright in the original and almost white.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Anyone have any advice for the 13th training mission Combo Attack Advanced?
Consistently pulling off the stamina break immediately after the dash is impossible for me. I want to take a break and do other things but if I quit it, I'll have to do the other challenges again and well, fuuuuuuuck that lol.

LaNaranja

They really nerfed giant form for the Namekians. It is still fun to use in coop and 2v2 though. As soon as you go giant the other person runs away leaving their partner wide open for a two on one.

Anyway, I noticed that if you activate Darkness Rush as your Kaioken runs out the attack still finishes. I have done it a couple of times now. Anyone know what other moves this works for?

https://youtu.be/xNLZxfWVU98?t=2m

I tried it with the Spirit Sword but no such luck.

Anyone have any advice for the 13th training mission Combo Attack Advanced?
Consistently pulling off the stamina break immediately after the dash is impossible for me. I want to take a break and do other things but if I quit it, I'll have to do the other challenges again and well, fuuuuuuuck that lol.

watch a video of the combo being done to help you get your timing down
the follow up attack basically needs to be input as soon as your character stops moving after the dash
practice and experiment with different timings
you'll get it eventually

chaosaeon

Anyone know what I need to do to unlock PQ 92? Ive Z ranked PQ 91, finished the story, and done all the blue quest markers available.

Are you sure about this? All the pictures and discription on Gamestop's website are the same for each. I know theres an alt paint job thats supposed to match the manga colloring but I dont think its out yet.

http://www.gamestop.com/collectibles/toys/dragonball-z-super-master-stars-piece-figure-the-super-saiyan-son-goku/130265

125495b.jpg

Looks the same to me?

Based on this I'd say the CE is different. I did read this : http://myfigurecollection.net/item/379918 though there's nothing proving they work for gamestop I suppose. Besides that though, the shading looks quite different from these gamestop pics than in every unboxing of the CE version regardless of the videos lighting. Check out these two videos. I've heard this is the one that gamestop is selling : https://youtu.be/BPvxgyMMT4s?t=93
It's "the Brush" but in the NA exclusive packaging. Looks just like the pictures from gamestop doesn't it ? But then the CE looks like this : https://youtu.be/PzEDZUGIDJA?t=451.

The CE shading seems to make his skin look dirtier/a little darker, his hair has a sheen to it instead of being matte, and the rips/tears on the pants etc have a bit of darkening around them too like burns. The shirt/boots of the CE also look to have a highlight and shadow on the top/ bottom. The CE shading looks like it makes his eyes stand out more and there's more of a distinction between his hair/face because of the slight shine on the hair. I've heard the CE is not part of the 4 lottery ones and that the Brush is getting it's NA release through gamestop in that clear window box VS the black box. Would definitely love some final confirmation on all of this though. Maybe someone here has or has access to both (gamestop employee in the thread or a collector). Still fun to speculate but now I want to know.

Speaking of stuff that should get fixed, I wish they would do something about the end of online battles. Once one persons health runs out they just stand there. At least have them fall down or something.

https://youtu.be/ayuamGDfUYE?t=2m49s

That has to be a sync bug since I have never seen that happen. On their screen they probably fell over but on your screen your console is still frames in the past when they still had enough health to stand.

Does PQ4 not give a Dragon Ball if you beat it transformed? I've done it two times this morning and I haven't gotten the 7th Dragon Ball yet. Got all 6 others.

if the RNG is anything like the first game, getting a DB is less likely as you go on because when the RNG is rolled, if it lands on a DB you already have, it doesn't re-roll

Are there other ways to get Dragon Balls besides that PQ?

time patrollers are able to spawn in lots of PQs and they have a chance of dropping a DB as loot (you'll know when you got it because they're the only key item that will drop). One of the easiest PQs to farm DBs with is Fierce Battle! Ginyu Force. You spawn on one end of the Capsule Corp lawn and a group of three TPs spawn on the other end, so it's really easy to see if you got a spawn or not and retry if you didn't.

As you progress through the story, TP fights will occasionally show up as events in the hub world as a blue "!" and occasionally they drop a ball after the fight (as a reward, not battle loot). The first of these spawns in front of the school and acts as the tutorial of sorts for this feature.

Lastly, there appears to be some sort of login bonus each day, and my bonus last night was, conveniently enough, the final ball I needed to make my first wish.

Does PQ4 not give a Dragon Ball if you beat it transformed? I've done it two times this morning and I haven't gotten the 7th Dragon Ball yet. Got all 6 others.

The time patrollers on the stage can give a dragon ball if you beat them. It's not the stage itself

Super Vegeta + Goku the legendary Super Saiyan! Z-Soul balances out way better than using Future SSJ.

Future SSJ doesn't appear to regenerate KI faster, like it says.

I've been testing this and although my Saiyan is themed towards this, it doesn't seem it's worth to use Future SSJ over Super Vegeta.

In fact, normal SSJ for me also sucks because SSJ3 has almost no KI regen.

Seems you are right, did some testing, female saiyan:

On whiff ki regen:
normal form, every 2-3 whiffs
SSJ/SV/FSS, every 3-4 whiffs
SSJ2/SV2, every 6 whiffs
SSJ3, every 15 whiffs

On hit/x combo/y combo ki regen:
normal form, every hit, 1.4bars, 1 bar
SSJ/SV/FSS, every 2 hits, .9 bar, .6 bar
SSJ2/SV2, every 4 hits, .4 bar, .3 bar
SSJ3, every 10 hits, .2 bar, .15 bar

On damage received, trunks (future) weak hits/full combo ki regen (1bar):
normal form, 18 hits, .8 combos
SSJ/SV/FSS, 29 hits, 1.2 combos
SSJ2/SV2, 43 hits, 1.8 combos
SSJ3, 111 hits, 4.2 combos

Potential unleashed is the same as normal form, but you don't get the ssj teleports.

Seems FSS is bugged.

Laiza

FSS does indeed seem rather redundant in its current state. Doesn't even get the damage reduction that other SS forms get. If it got a balanced damage boost (110% both ways) it'd have a niche, but as it is you are ALWAYS better off using regular SS or SV.

Regardless, Potential Unleashed is superior to all super saiyan forms and the only reason to use the SS forms is if you want the damage reduction or just like the aesthetic.

FSS does indeed seem rather redundant in its current state. Doesn't even get the damage reduction that other SS forms get. If it got a balanced damage boost (110% both ways) it'd have a niche, but as it is you are ALWAYS better off using regular SS or SV.

Regardless, Potential Unleashed is superior to all super saiyan forms and the only reason to use the SS forms is if you want the damage reduction or just like the aesthetic.
What's the damage boost if you factor in the Goku, The Legendary Super Saiyan! super soul?

Space_nut

For someone who is not really good at fighting games, is this a game I should stay away or jump in? I've seen some vids and it looks awesome

DarkKyo

So I am loving the game so far but I'm having trouble understanding the structure. I'm around level 10, finished the Saiyan saga by way of talking to Elder Kai, finished about 5-6 parallel quests... I guess I'm just not understanding what the flow of the game's progression is supposed to be like... am I supposed to be alternating between the normal missions and parallel quests? Are there other things I should be doing all the time between fights/missions? Also I can't find Elder Kai now to start on the Namek saga :p

I didn't play Xenoverse 1 so maybe that's why I'm lost...

So I am loving the game so far but I'm having trouble understanding the structure. I'm around level 10, finished the Saiyan saga by way of talking to Elder Kai, finished about 5-6 parallel quests... I guess I'm just not understanding what the flow of the game's progression is supposed to be like... am I supposed to be alternating between the normal missions and parallel quests? Are there other things I should be doing all the time between fights/missions? Also I can't find Elder Kai now to start on the Namek saga :p

I didn't play Xenoverse 1 so maybe that's why I'm lost...

parallel quests are optional for the most part. They're there to give you XP. You can just do the story missions if you want.

I can't remember exactly, but there's something you need to do in the hub before you can start the Namek saga. Try looking for Supreme Kai of Time near the stairs to the time nest, that may have something to do with it.

Top Bottom