• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 |OT| Just in Time for Super

Delio

You need to learn it from Gohan and Videl. Finish the Buu arc in story mode. After which, do the PQ quest that Greatsaiyaman 1 and 2 ask you to do. They are hanging in that beach area where you go to go to kame house. After you beat the quest (it's a pretty tough one), Gohan and Videl will be unlocked as mentors. Just reload the city, and they'll show up in the map.

You may also need to finish the Greatsaiyaman quests in Hercule's house. I'm not entirely sure as I had finished the quest line by the time I started doing everything else

Thanks for this. On my Striker Human male Justice Combo does so much damage under PU. I was shocked watching it nuke an entire bar in one go. Sadly playing with others and trying to connect it when they knock them out of it is a nightmare lol.

Thanks for this. On my Striker Human male Justice Combo does so much damage under PU. I was shocked watching it nuke an entire bar in one go. Sadly playing with others and trying to connect it when they knock them out of it is a nightmare lol.

Yeah for a game built around playing with other AI/players, the combat system sure does not handle that well, even remotely, at all. Anything other than a 1v1 is kind of a shitshow imo. AI is especially bad because they just have zero regard for whatever the fuck you're doing, and they do pathetic damage themselves so it's not like they compensate.

sooo how is this on PC?

performance? controller support?

It crashes a lot. I'd advise waiting to see if they fix it. It's gotten to the point where it's a matter of when, not if, for me.

Also, rebinding controller buttons is half-assed, it also changes the buttons in menus, because it's coded really poorly. No idea why they didn't include the same presets as on consoles. I really hope they fix both issues.

Also fullscreen doesn't work for me for some reason, have to run fullscreen windowed. It aint great. Far from perfect, as the user below described, but your mileage may obviously vary, as is the case with PC games.

sooo how is this on PC?

Perfect

In other news I've been messing with settings trying to get this game to look as good as possible.

Click to make big
With High DOF and High Glare
xv2142y9d.jpg

With Low DOF and Low Glare
xv22s8lkq.jpg

I've used a 21:9 patch and a custom profile with everything maxed in the Nvidia control panel. I'm down sampling from 4212x1764 to 3440x1440 when playing since anything higher causes the menus to fuck up.

AA is the big fault, Looking at some youtube videos without any downsampling or AA the game looks horrid.

Sadly GeDoSaTo causes the game to crash at launch :/ or we could be using that to do more.

i've been lucky with my 15+ hours of gameplay on pc to not have a crash yet, it also runs very well on my 950 since the game is rather basic visually, there is nothing amazing going on outside of a few supers and the weird cell shading effect everything has.

I can use x2.0 downscaling in the nvidia control panel and still get a rock solid 60, I love it.

Nordicus

sooo how is this on PC?

Aside from loading times, the performance on my machine that can just barely run Witcher 3, it works pretty great.

I do have this weird issue where I can't access online hub 95% of the time, but I can join multiplayer games just fine.

I've had the game crash on me maybe 4 times?, and every time I was connected to the multi hub. Try playing in an offline hub, that may help in stability until they patch it.

Got Goku, the Legendary Super Saiyan super soul from a blue ? quest given out by Appule. Neat. I was using the one that slightly increase Ki regain and gave back some health on KOing an opponent. But the extra melee damage while being a SSJ seems more worth it.

I need to use training mode to test out kaioken and the "body don't let me down" z-soul to work out exactly how much of a boost to melee you get in different kaioken stages, just been too busy.

squall23

Does anybody know when I get the eggs from Frieza and Namek areas? I've gotten Frieza to gold and I've seen Guru twice now.

Impulsor

Does anybody know when I get the eggs from Frieza and Namek areas? I've gotten Frieza to gold and I've seen Guru twice now.

You have to cycle through Guru quests at least twice.

First time you get the max attribute upped to 125, second time, improved dragon balls and time egg.

For Frieza, I don't know, a guy from outside his room gave it to me once I fought cooler like 5 or 6 times.

Additionally, a tip for my fellow Xenoverse 2 players.

Try this combo:

Murder grenade + God of Destruction's Anger + Final Kamehameha (or any ultimate)

You're welcome :D

You have to cycle through Guru quests at least twice.

First time you get the max attribute upped to 125, second time, improved dragon balls and time egg.

For Frieza, I don't know, a guy from outside his room gave it to me once I fought cooler like 5 or 6 times.

Additionally, a tip for my fellow Xenoverse 2 players.

Try this combo:

Murder grenade + God of Destruction's Anger + Final Kamehameha (or any ultimate)

You're welcome :D
What do the improved Dragon Balls do? Give you two wishes?

Is Last Emperor bugged? The description says if you use it at low health you can only use it once, however you can only use it at low health?

It's a shame if it's a one time thing only, because it looks dope as hell.

Off memory, I think it's called Dimension Ray.

I'm not entirely convinced by it though. It's cool looking and does a ton of damage, but it takes 4 Ki bars and has a really long start up.

It has a hidden function, you can't get stamina broken out of it, like maiden blast. You'll just get knocked out if it, but your stamina won't be broken.

But aside from that, it only really looks cool, in order to land it you need the same conditions in where you're better off using perfect/final kameha, soul punisher or meteor burst.

Vic_Viper

anything standout as a must buy from the Weekend TP Shop? Does the stock change at all each week like Destiny with Xur or is it always the same stuff?

There are improved Dragon Balls!? This game just keeps having new stuff I need to find lol.

Is future Trunks supposed to be playable without the season pass? My brother thought he wasn't but he has him available.

edit: okay so I read the op and he's early access for the bigger bundles right not just base game. My brother can access him I dunno if it's a glitch or everyone else can access him too?

yea you get him from beating the story. The EA ppl get him right away.

anything standout as a must buy from the Weekend TP Shop? Does the stock change at all each week like Destiny with Xur or is it always the same stuff?

There are improved Dragon Balls!? This game just keeps having new stuff I need to find lol.

Final kameha(vegito), one handed kameha(future gohan) and dragon fist(goku) are all good, but they do require a bit of setup to hit.

For everything else I'd just test it on the character that has it already if you've unlocked them.

Improved dragon balls aren't an item, you'll get upgraded to them eventually if you 100% guru's questline.

X-Frame

Anyone know of any good video or written guides to this game? I'm level 35 but still feel like I barely know what I should be doing and tips along the way.

Not to much improving combat but more generally order of how to progress a first character, what sort of missions and quests to do, etc. Especially coming from someone who didn't play the first game.

Vic_Viper

what is the attack where you make a big purple ball and throw it. I think one of the Freizas has it and ive seen alot of people in PQs use it pretty successfully.

Anyone know of any good video or written guides to this game? I'm level 35 but still feel like I barely know what I should be doing and tips along the way.

Not to much improving combat but more generally order of how to progress a first character, what sort of missions and quests to do, etc. Especially coming from someone who didn't play the first game.

Just play the story and focus on doing the quest line for the representative of your race, like vegeta at the capsule corp for saiyans, so you can get your transformation.

You can do PQ's and expert missions after you've finished the story.

what is the attack where you make a big purple ball and throw it. I think one of the Freizas has it and ive seen alot of people in PQs use it pretty successfully.

There are 2 purple balls, the really big (kid buu) one is vanishing ball, and the smaller (freeza) one is death ball.

SilentRob

I played the first game on PC because it looked so washed out on consoles - is that still a problem? I know it's 60fps now on X1 and PS4 so I'm thinking about switching to consoles.

Turn up the in game brightness to get rid of the washed out colours.

You won't be able to import your xv1 character if you switch though.

X-Frame

Just play the story and focus on doing the quest line for the representative of your race, like vegeta at the capsule corp for saiyans, so you can get your transformation.

You can do PQ's and expert missions after you've finished the storyl.

Okay great thanks! I'm on the Frieza Saga now and there are about 12 PQ's available. I've done a few of them but I should wait until I finish the story to do the rest?

Otherwise so far I've done all the Instructor missions available to gain more attacks to use.

I had been trying to hit 40 before Goku goes SS in the story if I can too. Is there anything non-story that I can farm for a bit to gain XP and hit 40?

Okay great thanks! I'm on the Frieza Saga now and there are about 12 PQ's available. I've done a few of them but I should wait until I finish the story to do the rest?

Otherwise so far I've done all the Instructor missions available to gain more attacks to use.

I had been trying to hit 40 before Goku goes SS in the story if I can too. Is there anything non-story that I can farm for a bit to gain XP and hit 40?
Are you training with the masters?

Oh, I missed that you did. Do the advancement tests.

Vic_Viper

holy crap, PQ 94 is nuts. The last fight is awesome and super tough if your not expecting it. Best PQ ive done so far.

Which PQ unlocks Super Vegito for your roster?

Revven

I played the first game on PC because it looked so washed out on consoles - is that still a problem? I know it's 60fps now on X1 and PS4 so I'm thinking about switching to consoles.

It's not a problem anymore if you tweak the brightness settings. The default brightness is XV1's washed out look but turning it up fixes it.

Nordicus

Not a "big" purple ball, but Frieza's usual ball ultimate with great tracking is Death Ball

Raxious

What is the glitch? I was about to make a new character.

There is no glitch. You have to go through the entire story again when you create a new character. Back in XV1 your other characters would keep the progress you made with your first one.

People started to complain about it and Bandai responded that they'll do something about it in an upcoming patch. no ETA.

--

I'm getting really annoyed :( Trying to get those 2 online trophies of winning 7 matches, and 7 endless matches. However I keep getting kicked from the rooms :(

Dave1988

Damn, expert mission 15 is kicking my ass hard. Tried doing it both solo and online and no-go on both counts.

Edit: And of course I beat it after I complain about it on GAF. With a Z rank to boot! :D

Korezo

How do accept log bonuses? Timespace delevery says I have 0 gifts. Got a 1star dragon ball for login and its know where to be found, checked my bag.

Top Bottom