• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 |OT| Just in Time for Super

Samus4145

Any tips for getting past one of the earliest story missions (Vegeta & Nappa)? I had the same difficulty in the first game too. Everyone dies when they transform into the Apes.

McNum

Any tips for getting past one of the earliest story missions (Vegeta & Nappa)? I had the same difficulty in the first game too. Everyone dies when they transform into the Apes.
Keep your distance and shoot ki at them. Wear down their stamina shield and then lay into them with your strongest attack. Fly away when they get up.

Be careful about flying in front of Vegeta, though. He has a mouth beam that Nappa doesn't.

Samus4145

should not be any problem tho...thats kinda weird...you did lvl up right ?

If you mean did I grind beforehand? No. The game basically walks you into doing that mission after the tutorial crap. Do you need to keep running parallel quests beforehand? I probably just suck.

DarkKyo

If you wish for an appearance change what is the extent to which you can change? Just your appearance within your race? Can you change your race? Can you change your character name?

Couldn't do it anymore. Used a wish to make my human female ki user max height and middle weight. Fuck stat boosts ain't walkin around at everyone's waist height lookin like I haven't eaten in a month.

Spenny

I'm only level 70. You guys think I can do the raid?
The raid was cake. I got first place just spamming Final Kamehameha. I've beaten it three times but now I can't seem to get a match.

Edit: Maybe not. Finally got a matchmake and we got killed in less than a minute. He's level 36 now and has a shit ton of health. We were doing fine then he did that attack you can't escape. The one where the spinning wind auto locks you. My whole team died and I got wrecked trying to revive them.

How do you actually land Soul Punisher? This attack seems useless, 5 ki bars and I have yet to land the thing.

heavy stamina break, the one that smashes down, after your opponent gets up from this, they'll be stunned for a good 3 seconds.
So just smash down, follow them down and then activate the deadly rainbow, same way you'd land meteor burst, or any other ult with a long startup.

Raid Cell absolutely ruined my poor level 32 Namekian. Had to stop as I felt like I was seriously dragging down every random team I grouped with. Maybe I'll be better prepared next time!

Nordicus

How are you even killing him? For me its just time out every time. And I'm doing the most contribution
Sometimes he just spawns with very little health left since other online teams have been beating up on him.

I think the actual reward you get is given after the raid event ends, with the Gift NPC

Spenny

How are you even killing him? For me its just time out every time. And I'm doing the most contribution
I just spammed Final Kamehameha a million times. From what I see it does around 400 damage each time I do it. Not getting any luck now though. It's either my team dies and I get destroyed trying to revive them or I just can't find a match. Kind of sucks.

Spenny

Its over!? Its only 1pm where I am and thats Eastern Standard time lol. Do they really expect people to log in super early for these raids? If so Ill probably miss all of them lol.

Where is the entrance to the Raid?

The entrance is on the west side of the map. Between the Hercule house and Guru house time rifts. It's a big, blue rift high in the sky.

And no, it's not over. It goes until 3PM EST.

X-Frame

Holy shit the last Combo Attack - Advanced mission seems to have 1 in 50 chance of landing the Stamina Break. What am I doing wrong?

Unlock Potential better be worth this! Been at this for 30 minutes.

Spenny

Holy shit the last Combo Attack - Advanced mission seems to have 1 in 50 chance of landing the Stamina Break. What am I doing wrong?

It seems busted as it always wants to input my Y+B as just Y. Also, you get Potential Unleashed from Z ranking all the advancement tests. Talk to the little robot by Elder Kai.

Tsunamo

I finished the secret episode.

Interesting that they
Possibly let Trunks have his happy future and went down that direction, now i'm really really curious to see what they'll do plotwise for Xenoverse 3 and the Super DLC

Not much of a fan of the weekend raidbosses. I like the concept of it, but it just doesn't feel very fun doing it over and over and over with a timelimit when in the end doing a mission once will get you the benefits/rewards.
You get more things that you can wish for, basically. Can't remember off the top of my head what they are.
I can only remember two, more skills, more super attacks. Misc. stuff like that.

Spenny

Not much of a fan of the weekend raidbosses. I like the concept of it, but it just doesn't feel very fun doing it over and over and over with a timelimit when in the end doing a mission once will get you the benefits/rewards.
100% agreed on that note. This is really tedious for what seems like absolutely nothing. After around fifteen tries I think I'm done. Also, Cell's level has only risen by five in the last half hour (64 on Xbox One). No way we're getting to ninety-nine.

Slaythe

I finished the secret episode.

Interesting that they
Possibly let Trunks have his happy future and went down that direction, now i'm really really curious to see what they'll do plotwise for Xenoverse 3 and the Super DLC

Not much of a fan of the weekend raidbosses. I like the concept of it, but it just doesn't feel very fun doing it over and over and over with a timelimit when in the end doing a mission once will get you the benefits/rewards.I can only remember two, more skills, more super attacks. Misc. stuff like that.

You only get the reward if the Boss is beaten over the course of the raid.

They're the first ones, the stronger the bosses will be in the future, the more players will have to actually play.

Otherwise you'll play once and get NOTHING because the boss won't be defeated.

100% agreed on that note. This is really tedious for what seems like absolutely nothing. After around fifteen tries I think I'm done. Also, Cell's level has only risen by five in the last half hour. No way we're getting to ninety-nine.

See ? Exactly the problem.

The EU RAID got to 99 fairly quickly because everyone jumped in. But you did your part fam.

Tsunamo

I'm only level 70. You guys think I can do the raid?
It's a community effort if I understood correctly, so yeah you should be fine. I don't think it's actually possible to beat him in one run unless his hp is super low, it's just pure luck with how far people have got it down and when you get into the room.

anybody notice that they may have spoiled some of the DLC story content in the base game costumes?

Towa and Mira's only costumes are named "Universe 7 Outfit". That seems to suggest that they'll have a Universe 6 Outfit, or more likely Universe 6 counterparts when the Super DLC comes out.

Vic_Viper

Is there a costume for Trunks without the jacket from the Cell Saga? And also his Saiyan battle armor? If so, how do you unlock those?

Been testing out everyone in training. Really like future trunks and Vegito. I can see why people would be pissed if you use those online, but still they are there for you to play to begin with lol.

Revven

You don't get Potential Unleashed from Elder Kai's missions. It's from the Advancement Tests, the robot next to him. You need to not only beat them all but also Z rank all 5 Advancement Tests to unlock the last test and beat that to unlock Potential Unleashed.

J4g3r

I changed to the English voices to check out Hit & Goku Black.

For some reason my guy now says...

"KA-MOO-HA-MOO-YAAAAAAAAH!!!"

During a Perfect Kamehameha.

God dammit...

Nordicus

Uuuuh, despite being janky glasscannon trash in Xenoverse 1, Teen Gohan can pack some serious pain in 2. And his health bar isn't quite made of wafers

Father-Son Kamehameha is unbearably slow to fire but has massively improved damage from Super Kamehameha. Or it would be unbearably slow if Teen Gohan didn't have a combo that you can put a heavy stamina break into!

Spenny

Why can't I get anyone to join expert missions. I want to play damnit! Are people just not interested?
They are pretty hard to get into. When I do happen to find a quick match I usually get kicked before it even loads me into the lobby. It's a pain in the ass.

Top Bottom