• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 |OT| Just in Time for Super

Revven

How do accept log bonuses? Timespace delevery says I have 0 gifts. Got a 1star dragon ball for login and its know where to be found, checked my bag.

Are you sure it didn't say that is your next log in bonus? As in, when you log in next time? Because it does do that and I saw that when I logged in today; that is, my next log-in bonus would be a Two-Star Dragon Ball. But my bonus today was an Aura capsule.

Slaythe

I can't believe they never fucking fixed the Dragon Balls crashing the game.

You'd assume if you have to waste 5 hours of your life to get them, it wouldn't fucking crash and go to waste.

Revven

You'd assume if you have to waste 5 hours of your life to get them, it wouldn't fucking crash and go to waste.

Don't. Use. Multi-lobby. For. Dragon Ball Summons.

Yes, it's ridiculous they never fixed it but the solution is to only use Dragon Balls in Single Lobby. It never crashes there. I've done five wishes in single lobby and it has not once crashed for me.

Nordicus

Well damn, Kid Trunks is garbage too in Xenoverse 2

Nappa's main flaws were lack of good super selection in XV2. Kid Trunks' issue is severely reduced forward momentum during his strings and reach of his moves. If you whiff, or opponent z-vanishes, most of the time their attacks will have priority over your moves and you just get overwhelmed in melee combat.

At least Kid Buu seems decent. Can effectively combo into Super Vanishing Ball with his YXYXY combo if you aren't too close to ground.

It doesn't go to waste, just go back into single lobby and make the wish again.

wtf. Just had the game lock up my computer, only to start running again (sound only) and trapping me on a black screen when I hit the windows key to escape (alt-tab did nothing). Then I couldn't close or do anything on my computer until I logged out.

After 11 hours of no issues this really came out of nowhere. Bummer.

Korezo

Are you sure it didn't say that is your next log in bonus? As in, when you log in next time? Because it does do that and I saw that when I logged in today; that is, my next log-in bonus would be a Two-Star Dragon Ball. But my bonus today was an Aura capsule.

Oh that must be it, I didn't read.

Kronotech

Rumors are true. That Frieza and Cooler story mission is legit 10/10 on the ridiculous scale. Really humbling when you realize you suck at video games.

sephi22

Rumors are true. That Frieza and Cooler story mission is legit 10/10 on the ridiculous scale. Really humbling when you realize you suck at video games.

Which one is this? The story one where Cooler comes up to back up Frieza?
I didn't find it so tough. I'm level 60 and I'm having trouble doing this 1v2/1v3 random missions or fights with NPCs. As soon as I go in to attack one, the others body me

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Which one is this? The story one where Cooler comes up to back up Frieza?
I didn't find it so tough. I'm level 60 and I'm having trouble doing this 1v2/1v3 random missions or fights with NPCs. As soon as I go in to attack one, the others body me

Giant storm is your friend

McNum

That is a pretty significant difficulty spike, mostly because Final Form Cooler is a pretty powerful character with the AI taking things seriously.

I think for Cooler, there's two things you can do to make it easier. First, try to land a Stamina Break. That's towards+Light Attack or towards+Heavy Attack. I suggest using the Light one for Cooler. Secondly, when you use your Z-Vanish to get out of his combos, do not get greedy. He will tail-slap you if you do. Do a dash step away from him and he'll hit air. Then you can attack him.

Frieza is no concern after that. He's too short to have the massive reach Cooler does. Use the same tactic and he'll fold fairly quickly.

RedSnake

Haven't spent a single point on stats. Did that mission at level 45 and didn't have any trouble.
The only mission I've failed is the 3 random patrollers one once.

And I'm rolling with whatever I feel like.

LordKasual

Banned
Frieza + Cooler was a kick in the teeth. The game was completely free until that fight, and then they just turned the difficulty up all at once.

Doesn't help that i'd screw up with Kaioken, and have Frieza just beat my ass while Goku sits and laughs at me.

The change in the city music that happens after you beat that mission is atrocious though....I was really fond of canton city's starting theme.

LaNaranja

So I thought I was finally getting the hang of QQ Bangs. I used two pieces of Bardock's clothes along with a Senzu Bean (all level 5) which gave me a Level 5 QQ Bang with the same stats as Bardock's clothes.

rJx34FD.jpg

I then decide that the next character I am going to make is Saiyan, and I decide to make a QQ Bang that will let me play dress up as I please from the start. Well I decide to mix two pieces of the Z-Fighting Suit with a Senzu Bean (all level 5) which ends up giving me a Level 3 QQ Bang with the stat decrease in the wrong places.

No big deal. I play competitive Pokemon, I know how this goes. I reset the game and try the same combination again. This time I get a Level 4 QQ Bang with better stats than the two Level 5 items I put in.

Don't get me wrong, I am happy with the result, but it just raises even more questions. Like why is it considered Level 4 when it is objectively better that the Level 5 items I fed into it? Has anyone tried resetting multiple times to see if it is possible to get a QQ Bang with no negatives?

Kronotech

I was only level 44 when I beat it. I also went SSJ3. Maybe that's why it didn't feel hard.

Maybe that's my problem. I'm only 25 or so. Maybe a little too green.

That is a pretty significant difficulty spike, mostly because Final Form Cooler is a pretty powerful character with the AI taking things seriously.

I think for Cooler, there's two things you can do to make it easier. First, try to land a Stamina Break. That's towards+Light Attack or towards+Heavy Attack. I suggest using the Light one for Cooler. Secondly, when you use your Z-Vanish to get out of his combos, do not get greedy. He will tail-slap you if you do. Do a dash step away from him and he'll hit air. Then you can attack him.

Frieza is no concern after that. He's too short to have the massive reach Cooler does. Use the same tactic and he'll fold fairly quickly.

I really should focus on strategy like that. I've been going in guns a blazin and handling it like all the previous scrubs. I'll add this to my strategy. Thanks!

a lot of the late game combat was a pain in the ass to me due to the AI's abuse of vanishing and burst dashing at you constantly.

Lately though I've gotten much better at guessing when an enemy is going to vanish behind me and catch them off guard with a backwards hit. I'm having a lot more fun as a result, though they still like pulling bullshit like grabbing me through a knockback evasive.

DarkKyo

Don't. Use. Multi-lobby. For. Dragon Ball Summons.

Yes, it's ridiculous they never fixed it but the solution is to only use Dragon Balls in Single Lobby. It never crashes there. I've done five wishes in single lobby and it has not once crashed for me.

I'm a noob to Xenoverse, what can you use the Dragon Balls for in-game?

Slaythe

Is it possible to be a Super Saiyan Blue as a custom Saiyan character? Max I have at the moment is Super Saiyan 3.

No.

But you can get a super saiyan blue wig and the skills that go with it, so you can "role play it" I guess.

Use unleash potential instead of super saiyan with it.

So started yesterday feel similar but i don't dislike the changes.

But :
-I don't know how to enter friezza space ship
-i'm stuck at 34hits combos yet i need 35 for hercules quest

any advice ? ( or should i left them alone and come back later ? )

Neat!! Do you get a limited selection of different choices each time or are all the possible options laid out right from the start?

You always get the same options, but once you've unlocked all of the characters/clothes/attacks you can wish for, you're basically just left with wishing for currency and appearance/stat changing.

So started yesterday feel similar but i don't dislike the changes.

But :
-I don't know how to enter friezza space ship
-i'm stuck at 34hits combos yet i need 35 for hercules quest

any advice ? ( or should i left them alone and come back later ? )

Don't worry, I was confused about Frieza's ship as well. You have to be right above the little "hatch" where the name of the ship is displayed, then press B.
Also, for the combo, I'd recommend Super Ki Explosion. Depending on how much Ki you have, you can easily get a 50+ combo with it.

Slaythe

One thing is poorly thought out, if you join a quest online it doesn't count towards your completion :/ .

It dissuades many people from joining to help you, unless they actively look for a drop on that particular quest.

It gets particularly awful for the expert missions =( .

One thing is poorly thought out, if you join a quest online it doesn't count towards your completion :/ .

It dissuades many people from joining to help you, unless they actively look for a drop on that particular quest.

Yeah, that's a pretty terrible design choice. Luckily I have friends who don't mind grinding with me. Doing it with NPCs can suck sometimes.

Laiza

What makes the Frieza/Cooler fight extra bullshit is that Goku is completely worthless so it's essentially a 2v1 fight
It's more like a 1v1+1 fight since the character that's not locked on to you will never attack you while you're busy with the other.

What's extra bullshit is fighting against 3 time patrollers where all three of them are not following that rule and constantly hitting you from behind while you're trying to combo one of their teammates. The only way I ever managed to tough out that fight was by being a cheap ass and abusing recovery consumables. Majin toughness sure was a lifesaver there.

I'm REALLY hoping they fix this. Especially for the Expert Missions. There's just no good reason for it. It totally defeats the whole multiplayer system.

Tsunamo

So i'm almost done with storymode. I'm not too sure how I feel about how they handled the movie characters honestly, they went into the main timeline and that was probably the most logical approach, but i'd have liked some movie scenerios with them getting messed up a bit, would've been a nice take and made them feel less shoehorned in there.

With the exception of
Janemba in Buu arc and Cooler on Namek
it felt like they just chucked them in eras and didn't do too much with the interaction between them and other characters. I dunno, I just enjoyed Xenoverse 1's storymode a whole lot more and this one feels a bit less enjoyable. I dunno if it's due to having more arcs to cover so they had less content, but it just feels less enjoyable to me. The Battle of Gods arc made me laugh though
Lets stop fighting and all have some food feels like a scene straight out of Super

And a couple of questions, is there any GAF partys I can join on PS4? I know they've got the weekend raidboss event going on, so I wouldn't mind having a team to tackle that with. And if I join one can I still play multiplayer PQ's with other people that aren't in the party? I'd like to still do missions with my other PSN friends, thanks everyone!

LaNaranja

Yup. Not sure what the hell they were thinking not just putting expert missions in a normal lobby.

No.

But you can get a super saiyan blue wig and the skills that go with it, so you can "role play it" I guess.

Use unleash potential instead of super saiyan with it.

Damn shame. I understand it has something to do with multiplayer balancing? Only having it available in single player would have been nice though.
There's a part in the game where you train with Whis and Beerus, that would have been a perfect time to unlock it.
D:

LaNaranja

Japanese censorship really strict on dismemberment. Game's age rating would have taken a massive jump there with 1-armed Gohan.

Is this a recent thing or has it always been the case? Did Japan get a modified version of DBZ Sagas back on PS2? That game had one armed Future Gohan.

olympia

Yeah I was doing PQs with a friend today and this was a disappointing discovery

Also it sucks that there no PQ playlist unless I'm missing something. I have to exit the lobby, pick a new quest, and then start a new lobby

I'm also at the freeza and cooler level, and I'm having trouble with it. I didn't know you had to be like level 45 to beat it. My friend beat it at 31. I'm 26 and I've come pretty close (with items). Just seems like a huge jump in difficulty for no real reason.

Also the 10 consecutive Just Guard training is hard as fuck

Philtastic

sooo how is this on PC?

performance? controller support?

Performance is great. It's crashed only once in 16 hours on my system.

Controller support is exceptional with native Dualshock 4 support with the correct button icons. Granted, I haven't tried to rebind or change controller buttons so I'm not sure how difficult or annoying that actually is.

Don't worry, I was confused about Frieza's ship as well. You have to be right above the little "hatch" where the name of the ship is displayed, then press B.
Also, for the combo, I'd recommend Super Ki Explosion. Depending on how much Ki you have, you can easily get a 50+ combo with it.

OH thanks , will try ASAP :)

Korezo

What is ultimate life forms? Had cell as my master and maxed him and he gave me ultimate life forms 1,2,3. Don't find that anywhere.

Nordicus

What is ultimate life forms? Had cell as my master and maxed him and he gave me ultimate life forms 1,2,3. Don't find that anywhere.
It's those weird sticker things you can put on your character in Play Data menu. Will show up at start of PvP

McNum

I really should focus on strategy like that. I've been going in guns a blazin and handling it like all the previous scrubs. I'll add this to my strategy. Thanks!
Once you beat that stage and get back to Conton City, I'd recommend you look up Elder Kai. Do the easy challenges. And the Back Attack one. Then you'll know what Cooler kept doing to you... and how to do it yourself.

Back Attack is amazing. Learning that also teaches you some Z-Vanish discipline. Because you start seeing when the AI leaves itself open for one... and how you've been doing that way too often. Rule of thumb: Unless you're at critical HP, eat the beginning of a combo and Z-Vanish on the finisher. If you Z-Vanish on a light attack, you'll get hit for it. If you Z-Vanish on a heavy strike, the opponent can't Back Attack.

Of course, there's much more to do with Z-Vanish and playing mind games with it. Or using it offensively. Z-Vanish combos can be fun when you find out where in the strings you can add a vanish to keep going.

I'm really having trouble finding decent Ki blast ultimates. Most of them are so hard to land reliably that I end up just using Justice Combination despite having no points in strike

Top Bottom