• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

So where is the character data stored at in this game? I didn't need to make an account to go online. Is it tied to my Steam account? Should I even bother installing it on my laptop if the data won't carry over?

Moneal

Speaking of Cell..... which training is better to do first - Cell or Frieza?

perfect kamehameha(sp) is amazing. I was using final flash before doing cell training. pk has made the game pretty easy when combined with the why you z soul, nothing lasts long enough for me to run out of ki and when i kill my ki refills to max. pretty much op, took out the gohan goku pq with ease.

havent done frieza yet but he is my next one, if he ever shows up, hated doing ginyu though.

Philtastic

So where is the character data stored at in this game? I didn't need to make an account to go online. Is it tied to my Steam account? Should I even bother installing it on my laptop if the data won't carry over?

It's tied to your Steam account and it uses Steam Cloud to sync your game settings and characters. I have it installed on both my desktop and my Surface Pro 2 and didn't need to transfer anything.

Astral

Holy shit you guys weren't kidding about Death Ball. It's absolutely broken on a Saiyan. Farming is gonna be so much easier. How do people even beat this online?

inspired to watch all of dragonball, dragonball z and dragonball....gt. Will also be replaying the awesome dbz GBA games.

I rewatched dragonball a few years back so not gonna bother again, but I started watching DBZ again after playing this since I haven't watched since I was a kid.

Muzicfreq

Banned
I SO WANT TO TAKE SHOTS WITHOUT THE UI!!!!!!!!
16730079632_64522ae3f6_o.jpg

FootballFan

My copy still hasn't arrived. Maybe I should have purchased it locally.

But for $40 less, hard to resist. Only issue is it is being sent from opposite side of the world so always takes ages.

Anyways, here's hoping for tomorrow lol

Kiyo

Any tips on stat allocation? About to use the dragon balls to reset as the first time I used them I put them all over the place.

Jesus flipping Christ on a tricycle at PQ 32. I just finished it for the first time (solo to unlock it in the PQ list for later) and...

I ended up using a regen capsule before even entering the gate with Goku/Gohan/Goten and taking melee hits until my ki was high enough to throw a Perfect Kamehameha. Goten goes down in one, but even with him out of the picture, Goku and Gohan combo you infinitely with Super Kamehamehas. I finally got lucky with a combination of some really good kamehameha hits and a few Psychic Moves that hit both enemies.

What is the strategy for this? Surely there has to be something more than "hope to god I don't get lasered into a corner."

Muzicfreq

Banned
Jesus flipping Christ on a tricycle at PQ 32. I just finished it for the first time (solo to unlock it in the PQ list for later) and...

I ended up using a regen capsule before even entering the gate with Goku/Gohan/Goten and taking melee hits until my ki was high enough to throw a Perfect Kamehameha. Goten goes down in one, but even with him out of the picture, Goku and Gohan combo you infinitely with Super Kamehamehas. I finally got lucky with a combination of some really good kamehameha hits and a few Psychic Moves that hit both enemies.

What is the strategy for this? Surely there has to be something more than "hope to god I don't get lasered into a corner."

That PQ alone
6.7/10 - IGN

BHK3

Banned
Finally beat the game. First thing I do is check the shops for new stuff, bought Innocense Breath, SSJ2, and Max charge. I go talk to some characters and see what I bought are rewards...RIP 400K ZENI doesn't help Innocense breath is a shit ability too.

Can you share abilities and costumes amongst your characters? I got SSJ2 and Super Vegeta 2 on my first go of their respective PQ, but I'm playing as a Namekian, and I know that if I can't, those abilities will take ages to drop when I make a Saiyan.

-Digits-

Can you share abilities and costumes amongst your characters? I got SSJ2 and Super Vegeta 2 on my first go of their respective PQ, but I'm playing as a Namekian, and I know that if I can't, those abilities will take ages to drop when I make a Saiyan.

Yes, everything but xp is shared.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
lol beat super saiyan bargain sale on the first try

base attack + ki blast #majinteam ftw

Forkball

I have a question about parallel quests. When you search for them online, can you only join quests with a ranking you have unlocked? For example, the highest ranking I have for my PQs is three stars. When I was searching to join other people, I only got one or two choices. I was able to join some quests I hadn't unlocked yet, but the ranking was still just three stars. There were a ton of people at the PQ counter so I was wondering why I couldn't find any games.

Astral

My first attempt at Super Saiyan Bargain sale was a disaster. The second I enter the gate to the Supreme Kai world I get shot with two Kamehamehas. Then another and another. I literally never moved. I stayed in that one spot till I died. I came back with Death Ball and they didn't stand a chance.

Corgi

Banned
What really sucks about grinding for loot in this game is that unlike mmos or pretty much any other loot game. The buttons per minute for this is way higher (Especially if you are going melee build).

Probably can still do mmo raids for hours...but my right thumb is real sore after an hour.

I could be getting old though.

Nordicus

The one time I got Freedom Kick fom PQ 27 (the only Skill I had left from that), I got a connection error at the end of a mission and ended up getting jack shit.

This game, oh my god

cHinzo

Welp 74 attempts on PQ 49 and almost 9 hours later, I got 3 out of the 4 parts of Vegito's clothes. Still need the top. I'm never gonna do this again after getting the last part. XD Already got 5 million Zeni (started with 100k) and finished 3 masters during the grind. T.T

Astral

Welp 74 attempts on PQ 49 and almost 9 hours later, I got 3 out of the 4 parts of Vegito's clothes. Still need the top. I'm never gonna do this again after getting the last part. XD Already got 5 million Zeni (started with 100k) and finished 3 masters during the grind. T.T

Man I am dreading this. Is the mission easy or short at least? Do you have Death Ball?

cHinzo

Man I am dreading this. Is the mission easy or short at least? Do you have Death Ball?
I got Super Electric Strike early in the game, so that's helping me out. U need to defeat Ginyu, Frieza, Piccolo, Gohan, Gotenks, Vegeta and Goku in a row to have a small chance for Vegito to show, which you need to beat to have a small chance for the right part to drop. >_<
I can luckily beat it in 5 minutes, but I just wanna get put back in front of the PQ office instead of walking all the way back. D: Doing the same PQ in a row is also boring as fck. Am glad if it's over so I can play the other ones. :d

patchday

I just got this game for PS4, and I'm having this weird issue where the camera (right analog stick) keeps moving upward all on its own. I was worried this might be an issue with my controller, but I tried other games to check, and this seems to be exclusively an issue with Xenoverse.

It didn't seem to have this issue when I started the game, but after a few minutes on the character customization screen that's when the issue started. Any ideas?

Yes, this a stupid bug with PS4 version that you'll get in the hub, etc. Doesn't correct itself til you go do a match at some point. Awful bug.

N° 2048

RNG is killing me in this game.
Want Super Vegeta and "I am strongest" Z-Soul for Master requirement for Vegeta :(

Also the 7 Dragonballs. fuuuuuuu-

Sephzilla

Want Super Vegeta and "I am strongest" Z-Soul for Master requirement for Vegeta :(

Just farm PQ2 (the one where you start off fighting Tien, Krillin, and Yamcha on Kami's lookout). Easiest way to farm dragon balls

patchday

the more high level you are, the quickier it is to get stuff like this. I recall getting that done after a few matches. But this is RNG we are talking bout. However, the faster you can complete PQs the better. Online PQs should ideally be the way to go but it's silly how once the match is over you get bounced out. So makes it hard to farm online

TimFL

I'd just get the Super Vegeta 2 skill. WAY better drop rates IMO.
And you don't have to do the waiting game either, all you have to do is combo kid Buu 24/7 until the dialogues are up and Goku blasts him with the spirit bomb.

Took me 2 tries.

Corgi

Banned
Out of curiosity, so about what level did y'all beat story mode? Curious what lvl the guys are at in the final story missions.

Rizzi

Fuck you very much Vegeta. How about you don't get two more life bars than me and turn Super Saiyan 3? How about that for game balance.

patchday

Out of curiosity, so about what level did y'all beat story mode? Curious what lvl the guys are at in the final story missions.

Yeah I was around high 40s to low 50s. Beaten with my Frieza clan.

Now I can get my alts to that level much faster thanks to the high level PQs 52-53. Can pop L15 with one mission on a L1 lol

Sephzilla

I started the last batch of story missions in the high 40s and I think after it was all done I was in the mid to high 50s. Those missions give crazy XP

Top Bottom