• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

Muzicfreq

Banned
I guess I will stick with my female majin for now until I actually beat the game lol. What should I be focusing on? I think as of right now I was splitting it between 3 stats but I can't recall what they were. Im only on lvl 13 so hopefully I didn't put them in wasteful areas

I would suggest for Story doing Health and Ki Blast supers and pick up Vegeta as a mentor for Final Flash along with seeing if the shop is selling Maximum Charge.

BTW, what system are you playing on? Maybe I could help you level up some

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
tried 15 times to get super electric strike yesterday - nothing

got in my second try today

god is real

I would suggest for Story doing Health and Ki Blast supers and pick up Vegeta as a mentor for Final Flash along with seeing if the shop is selling Maximum Charge.

BTW, what system are you playing on? Maybe I could help you level up some
Ps4, I think I put some into stam, I heard to just keep it at 0. I could just restart again and just grind, but yaeh hopefully I can get some help.

kingwingin

When you do a PQ do I need to get z rank or do really good to get certain drops? I want to get kaioken x20 from the saiyan pq but it's hard to get goku to power up

Muzicfreq

Banned
When you do a PQ do I need to get z rank or do really good to get certain drops? I want to get kaioken x20 from the saiyan pq but it's hard to get goku to power up

PSH Rank is for points to rank you on the leaderboards. Does not affect drops AT ALL
Kinda pissed it doesnt

The better drops are restricted to Ultimate Finishes, where all bonus objectives are complete, but at the end of the day every item is RNG-based which means there's never any guarantee. (Also note that some bonus objectives' completion rely on RNG-based events in a PQ, stacking the odds further against you.)

As others have mentioned, the end score is just for leaderboard and XP/Zenni rewards.

I find SSJ4 Vegeta incredibly helpful, if you have him.
He's certainly strong, but... Do you have any idea what his z-soul does? Because, for me, every time he's revived his health depletes automatically and he ends up dying again immediately thereafter.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
The
Beerus/Whis tag team fight
is impossible. Does anyone have any tips on how to beat it?

The
Beerus/Whis tag team fight
is impossible. Does anyone have any tips on how to beat it?

It is imperative that you defeat one of them before Trunks is KOed. Do whatever it takes, use whatever items you need, just make sure you get the job done. If can't beat them 1v1, levelling up would be your best option.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Who are the best cpu characters? I know Piccolo is good because he can revive you quickly.

I actually roll with Burter/Piccolo a lot. Burter isn't going to light up the screen or anything, but he keeps enemies occupied with melee-focused skills. I hardly ever see a CPU character kill anything so as long as they keep me out of 2v1 situations (and don't fly in circles not doing shit) I tend to pick them up.

Anyone know if Nappa's Ultimate is worth grinding for? It looks cool visually, but I'm worried it'll be a low tier ultimate given that it's associated with Nappa rather than the usual heavy hitters.

I've used it a lot and it's really really good. Especially because of someone moves out of your LOS then you can still hit them.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Grind Hard. Bring lots of healing items. If you're Saiyan, go super and spam a good Ultimate. It's tough.
I guess Weekend isn't going to cut it at this point. Ah, well. It carried me for most of the game.

Nameless

I actually roll with Burter/Piccolo a lot. Burter isn't going to light up the screen or anything, but he keeps enemies occupied with melee-focused skills. I hardly ever see a CPU character kill anything so as long as they keep me out of 2v1 situations (and don't fly in circles not doing shit) I tend to pick them up.

Majin Buu is also a great teammate. He has a ton of HP and will occasionally turn enemies into harmless pink Buu Balls that can be ki blasted. But I usually keep it classic and roll with fellow Saiyans.

cHinzo

Lmao, grinded the shit out of PQ49. Did it 64 times today and I still haven't gotten the full set yet. Got the hands and boots 3 times each from all those runs. Went from 100k Zeni to 4 million Zeni. This is getting sad. ;__; I just want the rest of Vegito's clothes.

Muzicfreq

Banned
FIRST TRY
RWzWJpa.gif

Bogeypop

Multiple I think, but I could be wrong. I've seen it twice now in PvP and it works great against runners.

If you don't want to farm it to find out if it's the correct Skill Android 17 has it so you could try him out. Cell also has a green ki blast called Perfect Shot if that isn't the one, but it's not multiple Ki blasts either. It just hits multiple times.

Not only that but he like never dies.

Yeah Piccolo is insanely good as an assistant. I used 2 of them on the fourth character type and they got me through all of the last PQ's really easily. SSJ4 Goku who unlocked after can't even compare to the endless might of the Namekian nightmare. I've not once seen either of them die during a single fight, even with multiple ultimate spamming SSJ's going trigger happy.

The one where you fight the Androids with Vegeta, then Piccolo, and then alone (with your cpu allies of course). I managed to beat it but got my ass destroyed when they revived. I'm guessing that's the part you have to beat for Super Electric Strike.
You sure you're not underleveled? Because that PQ is a pretty hefty difficulty spike, the Androids are like lvl 35 each.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
Agreed about the server sentiment.

I really love how much content is in this game, but do you guys just spam one attack also? I wish I could just create a different character without finishing the game so I can try out another build, but my current one is pretty boring.

Yeah, AI Piccolo with the I'm neither Piccolo or Kami Z-Soul is pretty much unkillable. Super Perfect Cell's actually pretty damn reliable, too.

Then again, it is a Dimps game, so Cell being stupid good isn't really a surprise anymore.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
The one where you fight the Androids with Vegeta, then Piccolo, and then alone (with your cpu allies of course). I managed to beat it but got my ass destroyed when they revived. I'm guessing that's the part you have to beat for Super Electric Strike.

I've been trying to get that too. That and the Spirit Sword.

Revven

I finished the main story (not the extra story stuff that remains still) and I gotta say, it was pretty decent. I'm glad they made a completely original story (well, in the sense that there are some story differences in how events play out compared to what we're used to) and I appreciate how it all wraps up as well. It's a satisfying ending. And they also sequel bait, which I do so hope dearly we get a sequel that fixes many of the smaller issues that nag at people while expanding upon what's good about this game at the same time.

And in a sequel they can easily cover events that weren't covered here and maybe even take the what-ifs further if they're going to repeat some stuff (like the Saiyan Saga). There's potential for so much story-wise in a sequel. Really hope if there's a sequel it gets proper dev time, too, and isn't churned out in a year.

Now I'm going to dive into the after-story stuff (PQs, Time Crystals, and grind lol).

word man the servers are getting beyond annoying. its been a week its out on steam and a week and 2 days on consoles and they've said nothing about it.

Never under estimate nostalgia

deals nothing with nostalgia, nostalgia didn't make help me buy any of the dbz games from last gen. its that this time they attempted to make a good one and they attempted an original story. and while yes this game frustrates me a lot, and i mean A LOT overall its still a solid game, i'd give it a 6.5/10

Top Bottom