• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

Nordicus

how do you get the kamiccolo z soul? i know its a pq and i could've sworn i saw it on one of them but i can't find it or im just blind, what number pq is it/
It's not completely a PQ soul. It's a fusion of several souls. Kami's portion is purchaseable, but I think you need to grind for Nail and Piccolo's

AGITΩ

I'm having a hard time trying to go back to the game...ever since I lost my balls I cant muster up the will to even look at the game. I was having a blast beforehand, but that really killed my mood...

patchday

AGITΩ;154856842 said:
I'm having a hard time trying to go back to the game...ever since I lost my balls I cant muster up the will to even look at the game. I was having a blast beforehand, but that really killed my mood...

That is good you have a video I'd email the devs to see can you get the dragonballs back. I doubt it though since, like destiny, they're not used to having "MMO-like" features with character backups,etc. But maybe they can give you something to help lessen the blow.

Btw, your Frieza clan looks awesome! Good idea to use the wig :D

When farming for the dragon balls do you have to back out to the city each time if you aren't getting the drops? If I hit retry when I only get materials it seems to just repeat the same drops over and over, or am I just being unlucky?

Sephzilla

When farming for the dragon balls do you have to back out to the city each time if you aren't getting the drops? If I hit retry when I only get materials it seems to just repeat the same drops over and over, or am I just being unlucky?

Just unlucky. I've done the "retry" method and gotten a DB drop from that.

N° 2048

Was thinking about that last night, I usually retry a few times, then if still nothing, I go back to Char Selection and retry from there. Has worked successfully.

Bogeypop

Was farming PQ #28 Take Back the Dragon Balls for Super Drain yesterday for about 3 hours or so. I didn't even really want the Skill, but wanted to try it, and was too stubborn to quit. Heck I think there's a better version of the skill called Giga Drain. Regardles, I was having a hard time getting the 7th Cell Jr. and Dragon Ball to spawn. Gave up because it was getting late then today I try only two times and get it. That RNG.

Forkball

How in god's name am I supposed to beat this Whis/Beerus fight? The first time I got murdered in 20 seconds, and the second time I took half of Beerus' first bar away. I am level 40 which may be underleveled, BUT DAMN.

Also I finally got Super Saiyan... it's as awesome as I imagined.

What should i put points into for a human race? I've just been making everything balanced but i'm thinking about changing that.

IIRC humans are good all around so it's really up to you. Focusing on an attribute or two will obviously make you better at it, and perhaps give you an edge, so choose according to your tastes.

Optimal builds will only ever truly matter for high-tier competitive PvP, which is barely even a thing in DBXV.

IIRC humans are good all around so it's really up to you. Focusing on an attribute or two will obviously make you better at it, and perhaps give you an edge, so choose according to your tastes.

Optimal builds will only ever truly matter for high-tier competitive PvP, which is barely even a thing in DBXV.

Alright, thanks!

patchday

How in god's name am I supposed to beat this Whis/Beerus fight? The first time I got murdered in 20 seconds, and the second time I took half of Beerus' first bar away. I am level 40 which may be underleveled, BUT DAMN.

Also I finally got Super Saiyan... it's as awesome as I imagined.

With my frieza clan I cheesed it. I just flew around in circles. Gimped AI could never catch me while I tossed out weak ki blasts. Whenever Beerus was stunned sometimes I'd flew in and melee combo. Cake!

As a saiyan, you can do the wussy weak ki blast exploit as well -OR- fight like a proper Saiyan. Get the z-soul from frieza "I will kill you scum". Get KOed. Come back with infinite ki. Then pwn. Actually that works for any race I think? But I only use this z-soul with my Saiyan

Either way you can be done with that mission in 20 mins using what I listed with -any- character/race

Mephala

I just started, any tips?

I made a Saiyan. I was thinking of going into mostly melee but I'm not sure I'm getting the battle system down. I seem to fly all over the place randomly during battles and when I was trying to fight off the 3 gremlin dudes I get kicked around a lot. >.>

I made a Saiyan. I was thinking of going into mostly melee but I'm not sure I'm getting the battle system down. I seem to fly all over the place randomly during battles and when I was trying to fight off the 3 gremlin dudes I get kicked around a lot. >.>

The battle system takes a bit of getting used to. Once you get more skills any playstyle will open up; hybrids, melee, or ki are all viable, though some are obviously easier to use than others.

For melee, an easy way I find to engage is to dash into an enemy and heavy attack to send them flying, then jump (I think) to teleport behind them and chain together a combo into whatever you want. Moving around so much will help prevent enemies from attacking you during your combo, giving you free reign to pummel a target.

Oh, also, if you're playing on PC, there's currently a bug that can break the basic "vanish dodge" abilities... though it happens to both players and AI; so watch out for that.

N° 2048

Kinda not liking how they balanced the gearing. Female outfits seem to always cater to only Ki builds.

Probably my biggest gripe with the game. The outfit stats.

I use a Ki build and a lot of items I want to put on my character have like -4 or -5 arrows for KI :(
I know people said ignore it but I just can't, it bugs me.

Nordicus

Was farming PQ #28 Take Back the Dragon Balls for Super Drain yesterday for about 3 hours or so. I didn't even really want the Skill, but wanted to try it, and was too stubborn to quit. Heck I think there's a better version of the skill called Giga Drain. Regardles, I was having a hard time getting the 7th Cell Jr. and Dragon Ball to spawn. Gave up because it was getting late then today I try only two times and get it. That RNG.
I was grinding that same PQ, but I just wanted to get Ultimate Finish on all my PQs. Took about a dozen times for Cell and the 7th ball appear. Managed to get some decent combo practice though! Can get up to 25 with one bar of Ki at the end, no stamina and no cancels. Something long but simple to get in my muscle memory. Android 18's Deadly Dance is a really nice strike super

Respect

The RNG on events happening in PQ's is infuriating! But like the jilted lover I wish I were home and able to play right now...still stuck at work for another 3 and half hours.

So I must wait...

Vegeta%2B9.gif

Muzicfreq

Banned
Probably my biggest gripe with the game. The outfit stats.

I use a Ki build and a lot of items I want to put on my character have like -4 or -5 arrows for KI :(
I know people said ignore it but I just can't, it bugs me.

yup and for me I want to do a melee majin with the light heart suit but that outfit caters only to ki builds
This is the suit I am wanting

Philtastic

1) Learn how to use the lock on system and how to toggle between enemies. This will really help when you're outnumbered and prevent you from seemingly flying around randomly.

2) When in a battle, pull up the menu and go to the combo list. Try out the various combos to see what they do. They all tend to launch the opponent at the end of the string.

3) Master vanishing. If you hit jump as you are a) getting beat up, b) blocking, or c) wailing away on someone, you will disappear and reappear behind the opponent. This not only gets you out of nasty situations but also repositions you, possibly away from multiple opponents. Vanish costs 2 stamina.

4) You can use vanish to extend your combos. This can occur after you finish one of the combos in the combo list: when the enemy is launched, hit jump and you will teleport to intercept their trajectory which allows you to chain a new combo. You can also do this as I mention in #3: as you are wailing away on someone, you can vanish behind someone and then start a new combo. Again, these cost 2 stamina.

5) Use your escape skill. It generally makes you invulnerable to whatever's hitting you (including ultras) and knocks back enemies around you while doing a little bit of damage. This, however, costs 3 stamina bars which is hard to have near the start of the game.

6) You can also interrupt or follow a melee combo with a super. Obviously, if you have finished the combo and launched them, you will only hit with a ranged super... unless you vanish along their trajectory, in which case, even short range or melee supers can connect after launch.

I found the following video very helpful in terms of basic melee combo'ing and throwing in supers. He shows what each combo does and how you can chain them together:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GctOnMdKYDY

I have also recorded a video to show off some combo chaining but it's not really explanatory: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU3t4VmecjU

Basically, the goal of melee is to wear out the other guy's stamina before yours goes. This can be done by forcing the opponent to use vanishes, blocking, escape moves, or even by you using the drain super which transfers their stamina to you. You can also put them into a guard break state if you reduce their stamina to zero (usually by hitting them with any attack while they're blocking which drains their stamina or by using a charged heavy attack while they block which instantly guard breaks them). Guard break means that they can't block, vanish, or dash until they have regenerated their full stamina capacity (all bars) which will allow you to juggle them for a very long time. In this video against an AI opponent, I had to set up the enemy for a long combo by making him waste stamina from 2 escape moves and then by draining the rest with a super (the grab and throw move with green beams being sucked out of him). Since he had little stamina, this allowed me to perform 2.5 full combos on him in one go before he used an escape move to break the combo.

EDIT: Oh, tip for multiple person vs. you fights as melee: Use a short combo on the first guy or a throw to briefly take them out of the fight then do the same thing to the next guy so that you're only ever fighting maybe 1-2 people at a time. Use vanish to reposition and move away and ki blast to avoid getting surrounded.

Bogeypop

I was grinding that same PQ, but I just wanted to get Ultimate Finish on all my PQs. Took about a dozen times for Cell and the 7th ball appear. Managed to get some decent combo practice though! Can get up to 25 with one bar of Ki at the end, no stamina and no cancels. Something long but simple to get in my muscle memory. Android 18's Deadly Dance is a really nice strike super

Now I'm trying to farm PQ #32 Super Saiyan Bargain Sale in hopes of getting the "It's like a Super Saiyan bargain sale..." Z-Soul to drop since I hear it's good for Ki Blast builds. I assume Vegeta drops it since he says the line, but I'm still aiming for SSJ 3 Goku at the end.

Has anyone noticed if the game has Bulma's hair from the original dragonball series? I noticed one of the outfits is there but I can't seem to find a wig or anything. I wanna make a bad ass Bulma that can actually fight but I'm a single wig away.

Astral

Has anyone noticed if the game has Bulma's hair from the original dragonball series? I noticed one of the outfits is there but I can't seem to find a wig or anything. I wanna make a bad ass Bulma that can actually fight but I'm a single wig away.

Do you mean the little pony tail? If so it's a hairstyle in the character creator.

Really long time lurker, first time posting! I've been following this thread for awhile because this game is amazingly good fun and I don't think I saw mention of this: there's a bug in the PC version of the game where vanish (pressing jump when you're blocking, getting beat up, or in the middle of your own melee combo) makes you disappear but then reappear in exactly the same spot instead of behind your opponent. I've discovered a few ways to temporarily fix this: limit your frame rate to either 29, 39, or 76 fps. At these frame rates, vanish works as intended, teleporting you behind your opponent out of harms way instead of back into whatever combo you were getting beat on with. Here are some videos demonstrating the problem and fix.

The vanish bug at 60 fps (note the many times that I vanish but then reappear right back where I was, often back into the combo I was trying to get out of):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3MYQnKqAdo

Vanish bug fixed at 76 fps (note how it works every single time - I had only just got Kaioken x20, partly to speed up testing every frame rate from 29-76):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1B2tupxlYLo

With more testing, some problems with running the game at 76 fps are that the sound can start going wonky (it's as if it turns off one of your sound channels such that eg. only the right side plays sound, and this persists somewhat in Windows after exiting the game) [EDIT2: Actually, it turns out that my headphones are physically failing and it's not a bug with the game nor limiting the frame rate. Well, this sucks.... Time for a warranty claim on a Beyerdynamic MMX 300 which I just got 4 months ago] and multiplayer games automatically cap your fps at 60. If you play a lot of multiplayer, you should probably cap your fps at 39.

I'm really hoping that this gets patched so that we can enjoy the game as it was intended at a gloriously smooth frame rate!

Edit: For more info, you can see the thread I previously started on the game's forum on Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/app/323470/discussions/0/617329505862893650/
I thought I was just doing it wrong. No fucking wonder my character kept teleporting into the same spot all the time. Damn bugs

cHinzo

The RNG on events happening in PQ's is infuriating! But like the jilted lover I wish I were home and able to play right now...still stuck at work for another 3 and half hours.

So I must wait...

I agree. I'm fine with RNG drops, but RNG events even though passing the requirements? That's bullshit.

Do you mean the little pony tail? If so it's a hairstyle in the character creator.

Was thinking more of the tied back tail she has for the early parts of the series. But looking at it, the outfit in the game is from when she had the side-tail in her hair. Guess I'll go with that one, thanks!

Respect

That RnG on top of RnG.

Don't forget the RNG too, on the PQs that require NPCs not getting KO'd, does super saiyan Goku decide to blow Frieza up? This time....YES!

Has there been any mention if that was intentional by Dimps (RNG for events occurring in the PQs)? I image it was and it is not a bug.

VegettoEX

Neo Member
What did the majin players name their characters? My first one was kazza but deleted and made a new one named cadabra

Hocus. I almost made it Pocus. I am a beacon of creativity.

Sesame would be a good one.

For what it's worth, there's an Uub-lookalike character in Dragon Ball Heroes: Victory Mission (spin-off/promotional manga in V-Jump) named "Kabra", and there's a Neko Majin later on in the series named "Abra". In their English translation of the manga, Viz re-named Pui-Pui to "Pocus".

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Did they recently push out a patch? Just noticed Steam downloaded an update for the game when I just checked a bit ago.

For what it's worth, there's an Uub-lookalike character in Dragon Ball Heroes: Victory Mission (spin-off/promotional manga in V-Jump) named "Kabra", and there's a Neko Majin later on in the series named "Abra". In their English translation of the manga, Viz re-named Pui-Pui to "Pocus".

They retroactively ripped me off. What scoundrels.

Don't forget the RNG too, on the PQs that require NPCs not getting KO'd, does super saiyan Goku decide to blow Frieza up? This time....YES!

Has there been any mention if that was intentional by Dimps (RNG for events occurring in the PQs)? I image it was and it is not a bug.

Probably intentional. The PQs are designed to be played over again without feeling stale, I reckon. That's why there's so much variation in characters' dialogue and events during the PQ.

Argh I was thinking of Pocus and Sesame as well but couldn't remember if you used hocus or pocus so I decided not to.
Concept
Final

You know, it just occurred to me that the Goku silhouette is a reference for the average height. That's actually a rad thing to have.

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh is that echo device an ultra rare drop or do i need to fight frieza in pq 12 for it to even have a chance of dropping. this is getting booooooooring! its the last thing i need for the supposedly best z soul in the game :(

What did the majin players name their characters? My first one was kazza but deleted and made a new one named cadabra

female majin named Vittoria

DrunkDan

Anyone had any joy with some of the online trophies?

I've hung around the gifting station favouriting and gifting people like some sort of weirdo in the hope somebody does it back but it seems I'm just being used and abused haha.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Lmao. Spam many final flashes?

very combo. much spam

I was kinda thinking that a lot of the ki supers had just as much combo potential as some of the strikes in the game so I poured all of my points into basic attack and ki blast. Simple basic attack combos will always get you a bar of ki at the least. Once you get that starting block of ki filled you can get into the crazy stuff. Big Bang Attack for example may well as be an OTG w/ free reset lol.

"i'm neither kami nor piccolo now"'s defense buff + majin full stamina defense buff/random super armor + god breaker =
TwGPMY2.png

its a glass cannon still, but there's an electric fence surrounding it

Bogeypop

very combo. much spam

I was kinda thinking that a lot of the ki supers had just as much combo potential as some of the strikes in the game so I poured all of my points into basic attack and ki blast. Simple basic attack combos will always get you a bar of ki at the least. Once you get that starting block of ki filled you can get into the crazy stuff. Big Bang Attack for example may well as be an OTG w/ free reset lol.

"i'm neither kami nor piccolo now"'s defense buff + majin full stamina defense buff/random super armor + god breaker =
TwGPMY2.png

its a glass cannon still, but there's an electric fence surrounding it

Don't forget Quick Sleep so you can recharge your Health like Ki.
n8vNT9l.png

Top Bottom