• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

finally got the kamipiccolo z soul. oh my god, them benefits tho. no wonder you guys say its the best.
Someone noticed a change after today's PC patch:
Steam User Aniki-Tan said:
They also nerfed Kami/Piccolo Z-Soul, it gives less than half as much regen as it used to.

The alt-tab Ult glitch is fixed too.

[Source]

There's some other observations in that thread, but none of them have been officially confirmed yet.

The (PC?) server is also down for maintenaince right now, apparently.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Don't forget Quick Sleep so you can recharge your Health like Ki.
n8vNT9l.png

kamipiccolo z-soul heals you when you got full ki and gives you auto-guard at full stamina

heal while you combo

guard while you guard while you counter
YGI56Yx.png

Bogeypop

kamipiccolo z-soul heals you when you got full ki and gives you auto-guard at full stamina

heal while you combo

guard while you guard while you counter
YGI56Yx.png

But you gotta rub it in more when you use Candy Beam and you're healing while you're at Full Ki and at Full Health.
NPSFJzq.png
And for good measure use Dancing Parapara

DY_nasty

But you gotta rub it in more when you use Candy Beam and you're healing while you're at Full Ki and at Full Health.
NPSFJzq.png
And for good measure use Dancing Parapara

I used to use Fighting Pose J for the stamina boost

it also functions as a twerk button lol

Someone noticed a change after today's PC patch:

There's some other observations in that thread, but none of them have been officially confirmed yet.
giphy.gif

nerf your bull shit enemy ai, not the thing that helps deal with them!!
How did you get it?

Wish there was a guide for everything in this game...is there?

I've gone into this in another thread but post it here as well.

How to obtain: Alright, this one takes some soul fusions to get, but trust me it's worth it.

For step 1: you will need 2 z-souls to fuse. Both of these are obtained from drops from missions.

The first- "Don't underestimate Earth!" This is gotten from Parallel Quest 6: Invade Earth
The Second- "I must protect Grand Elder Guru!" This is from Parallel Quest 14: Legendary super saiyan.

These two z-souls fuse into "Feel the wrath of a Namekian!" You'll want to hold onto this.

Next you will want to buy the Z-soul "Double it, but go no higher!" and fuse that with a soul echo device. This will give you the z-soul 'A god isn't what this world needs."

Once you have that, you fuse both "A god isn't what this world needs." and "Feel the wrath of a Namekian!" and you get arguably one of the best souls in the game. The great part is all the required items can be gotten at an early point in the game as you can farm the echo devices from parallel quests 12 (Fierce battle! Ginyu Force!) and 15 (The explosion of Namek).

The perfect Kamehameha bug is going to ruin a lot of peoples days until they nerf that mofo.

"i'm neither kami nor piccolo now"'s defense buff + majin full stamina defense buff/random super armor + god breaker =
TwGPMY2.png

its a glass cannon still, but there's an electric fence surrounding it

I don't know how to feel about knowing where that comes from.

levyjl1988

Banned
I think I'm almost done with this game. I've farmed for dragon balls 9 times already.
It was really gruelling but I did it, though I think I'll have to grind some more in the future.

Here's my characters so far:

Cpb5AmF.png

Y9uZ9ZZ.png

RRRFkpl.png

fypbmsS.png

uY8ReIA.png

I've made 9 wishes and got all the characters, supers, ultimate, clothing, and accessories:

gcpIBPd.png

BhcZ2c8.png

EcwkS1V.png

tNj7KAc.png

ILn18Ed.png

Mw0bZov.png

g1f5UQt.png

FaHgKmc.png

My Xbox One f'ed up and didn't record the other Ultimate attack wish :(

Also you wouldn't imagine the overwhelming joy when this pops up:
feZ6tOM.png

Especially when you need that last dragon ball.

The fight for RNG is real.

DY_nasty

What is your stat balance?!

priority 1: ki blast
priority 2: basic attack

everything else is an even split between ki and health. not going to lie though, you will absolutely miss the stamina use. i use mach dash or whatever burter's evasive skill is named - it comes with a speed buff necessary for running for your life lol

KHlover

Banned
Got Bardock's Super from PQ52 on the first try. Weak-ass damage, but a pretty cool animation and I haven't seen anyone be able to block it yet. Would be super useful if it can't be blocked, but I think it's more likely I just got lucky thus far :D

Muzicfreq

Banned
I think I'm almost done with this game. I've farmed for dragon balls 9 times already.
It was really gruelling but I did it, though I think I'll have to grind some more in the future.

Here's my characters so far:

-snip-

I've made 9 wishes and got all the characters, supers, ultimate, clothing, and accessories:

-snip-

My Xbox One f'ed up and didn't record the other Ultimate attack wish :(

Also you wouldn't imagine the overwhelming joy when this pops up:
feZ6tOM.png

Especially when you need that last dragon ball.

The fight for RNG is real.

spiuQHf.gif

KHlover

Banned
Ohh and just now got Vanishing Ball. Hoped for Super-Vegeta 2, but I won't complain. Not killing Buu was almost impossible, only used Ki Blasts and he still almost died before the Spirit Bomb was ready :/

EDIT: I'm a dumbass. Didn't realize Kid Buu can't die XD

N° 2048

All these hours you folks have put in. Damn. I am still on my first character @ level 36 trying to find clothes rofl

KHlover

Banned
Anyone else annoyed by Gotenks voice acting? Makes me want to punch their teeth down their throat. Good job from the voice actors :D

Can someone comment on the music?

It has the one song that matters. Beyond that nothing has really jumped out at me, but I like that it's there.

The intro cinematic with Chala Head-Cha-La is perfect.

Anyone else annoyed by Gotenks voice acting? Makes me want to punch their teeth down their throat. Good job from the voice actors :D
Yeah.

It's baffling how uneven the voice acting/direction is. Characters like Gotenks/Goten/Trunks and Future Trunks have absolutely horrible voice acting, to the point that one of Future Trunks' story lines isn't even in the right voice. Then there's others, like Cell, Captain Ginyu, Nappa, and Frieza that seem really appropriate and well done. It's baffling; I wish it were better, 'cause it would add a lot to the game.

I'd switch to the Japanese voices, but I'm still afraid of Goku's Japanese voice.

this gif got me
5DCC4869966116375CF3148AB710DAFD1D6C5A92
Wow, that's the best use of the meme I've ever seen. Great!

cHinzo

Yoooooooo, did they nerf Super Electric Strikes damage?! I'm not done using it to farm for the last piece of Vegito's clothes yet!

KHlover

Banned
Yeah.

It's baffling how uneven the voice acting/direction is. Characters like Gotenks/Goten/Trunks and Future Trunks have absolutely horrible voice acting, to the point that one of Future Trunks' story lines isn't even in the right voice. Then there's others, like Cell, Captain Ginyu, Nappa, and Frieza that seem really appropriate and well done. It's baffling; I wish it were better, 'cause it would add a lot to the game.

I'd switch to the Japanese voices, but I'm still afraid of Goku's Japanese voice.

Should just replace every VA with their TFS equivalent. TeamFourStars dub = best dub!

Btw also hope the music modding guys in the steam communtiy hurry up and get that mod done. Few pieces of music in this game are actually good, most of them are pretty boring :/

Muzicfreq

Banned
Should just replace every VA with their TFS equivalent. TeamFourStars dub = best dub!

Btw also hope the music modding guys in the steam communtiy hurry up and get that mod done. Few pieces of music in this game are actually good, most of them are pretty boring :/

Oh but you know you love the lobby music

Teknoman

It's ok. The sound mixing or something is really bad because the game is almost inaudible sometimes. I don't think we'll ever have Budokai tier music again.

I'll say it again and again, we need someone to discover an easy method to mod the PC version music asap.

Also whoever's idea it was to make the music die out if you are far from a fight...they really need to go back to the drawing board.

Btw also hope the music modding guys in the steam communtiy hurry up and get that mod done.
Few pieces of music in this game are actually good, most of them are pretty boring :/

YES.

TFS' work is very impressive... but I still want mah DBZ.

This reminds me, the worst voice in DBXV is Fat Buu's. He sounds like an evil Elmo. Scott McNeil's (Ocean Dub) portrayal should be the standard; that voice could swivel from childlike to sinister on a dime. (For example: there's Elmo, true Buu, and then Jar Jar Binks on this page. You know what's up.)

KHlover

Banned
I'll say it again and again, we need someone to discover an easy method to mod the PC version music asap.

Also whoever's idea it was to make the music die out if you are far from a fight...they really need to go back to the drawing board.

More like "all sounds except yours". Couldn't believe it when I first started the game, thought it glitched out. Turns out...nope, just extremely bad sound design. Can't say I've ever seen something like this before. Absolutely atrocious.

weird I just beat the androids like a mission after cell. where is he hanging out?

Like item drops and PQ events, the mentors that appear in Toki Toki City are randomized. Even if they're all unlocked, there will only be a few at a time (plus your chosen mentor by the Hercule Statue). Some have level or other requirements, but once unlocked they'll all eventually show up in the city somewhere.

Wow excellent. EU or US version?

No idea. :/

Top Bottom