• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

BHK3

Banned
Is there actually a way to beat the multi tiny buus in story? Goku leaves after the 3 main buus are defeated so I have to fight like 5 of them at once

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Is there actually a way to beat the multi tiny buus in story? Goku leaves after the 3 main buus are defeated so I have to fight like 5 of them at once

take it slow. goku will come back (not that it helps THAT much)

make sure you got an ult that can hit AoE and you can whittle them down while playing keep away. regen capsules help

Not from what I found. By the time you have the power to blast them all out with ultras you'd beat the 3 normal buus so fast that the smaller ones never appear.

Astral

I called it quits on Super Electric Strike for now. Then I tried going for Death Ball and it's just too damn long. Instant Transmission to Final Flash seems to be doing well enough so I'll go back to those when I'm stronger.

EDIT: Holy shit Power Blitz is awesome. I just took out Mirai in one long combo lol.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
deals nothing with nostalgia, nostalgia didn't make help me buy any of the dbz games from last gen. its that this time they attempted to make a good one and they attempted an original story. and while yes this game frustrates me a lot, and i mean A LOT overall its still a solid game, i'd give it a 6.5/10

Not saying it's the only reason you bought it, but any franchise that can remind you of an awesome childhood experience is always just one quality product away from being popular again.

Alchemist

super electric strike is the best shit in the game imo

just unreal how much ground it covers

i'm killing 3 buus in one blindfolded ult attack lol

It's definitely one of the best ultimates. I'm still having fun with Death Ball so once I get tired of cheesing the CPU I'll switch out.

You got it?!

Yup! I've been trying for the past hour and got everything but the skill.. Reset the game and got it first try :lol

so did someone at dimps secretly hate the android/cell saga because fucking fuck pqs 25, 26, and 27 and their goddamn hide n seek z souls

im at my limit

Nameless

It's definitely one of the best ultimates. I'm still having fun with Death Ball so once I get tired of cheesing the CPU I'll switch out.

I've had a tough time going back to Death Ball after getting Perfect Kamehameha. Double kills left and right. My personal vote for best Ultimate so far --with Death Ball, Final Flash, and Super Electric Strike fighting it out for 2-4.

Philtastic

Really long time lurker, first time posting! I've been following this thread for awhile because this game is amazingly good fun and I don't think I saw mention of this: there's a bug in the PC version of the game where vanish (pressing jump when you're blocking, getting beat up, or in the middle of your own melee combo) makes you disappear but then reappear in exactly the same spot instead of behind your opponent. I've discovered a few ways to temporarily fix this: limit your frame rate to either 29, 39, or 76 fps. At these frame rates, vanish works as intended, teleporting you behind your opponent out of harms way instead of back into whatever combo you were getting beat on with. Here are some videos demonstrating the problem and fix.

The vanish bug at 60 fps (note the many times that I vanish but then reappear right back where I was, often back into the combo I was trying to get out of):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3MYQnKqAdo

Vanish bug fixed at 76 fps (note how it works every single time - I had only just got Kaioken x20, partly to speed up testing every frame rate from 29-76):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1B2tupxlYLo

With more testing, some problems with running the game at 76 fps are that the sound can start going wonky (it's as if it turns off one of your sound channels such that eg. only the right side plays sound, and this persists somewhat in Windows after exiting the game) [EDIT2: Actually, it turns out that my headphones are physically failing and it's not a bug with the game nor limiting the frame rate. Well, this sucks.... Time for a warranty claim on a Beyerdynamic MMX 300 which I just got 4 months ago] and multiplayer games automatically cap your fps at 60. If you play a lot of multiplayer, you should probably cap your fps at 39.

I'm really hoping that this gets patched so that we can enjoy the game as it was intended at a gloriously smooth frame rate!

Edit: For more info, you can see the thread I previously started on the game's forum on Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/app/323470/discussions/0/617329505862893650/

Really long time lurker, first time posting! I've been following this thread for awhile because this game is amazingly good fun and I don't think I saw mention of this: there's a bug in the PC version of the game where vanish (pressing jump when you're blocking, getting beat up, or in the middle of your own melee combo) makes you disappear but then reappear in exactly the same spot instead of behind your opponent. I've discovered a few ways to temporarily fix this: limit your frame rate to either 29, 39, or 76 fps. At these frame rates, vanish works as intended, teleporting you behind your opponent out of harms way instead of back into whatever combo you were getting beat on with. Here are some videos demonstrating the problem and fix.

The vanish bug at 60 fps (note the many times that I vanish but then reappear right back where I was, often back into the combo I was trying to get out of):

Vanish bug fixed at 76 fps (note how it works every single time - I had only just got Kaioken x20, partly to speed up testing every frame rate from 29-76):

With more testing, some problems with running the game at 76 fps are that the sound can start going wonky (it's as if it turns off one of your sound channels such that eg. only the right side plays sound, and this persists somewhat in Windows after exiting the game) and multiplayer games automatically cap your fps at 60. If you play a lot of multiplayer, you should probably cap your fps at 39.

I'm really hoping that this gets patched so that we can enjoy the game as it was intended at a gloriously smooth frame rate!
... #gamechangers

This would make a lot of sense. The vanish-dodge has done that to me countless times, to the point that I wonder why I'm using it. The intended use would be so much more logical.. I'll try capping my framerate to see if that fixes it.

Oh, and be sure to notify the devs if you can. It's best for us all if they're made aware.

Philtastic work!

Edit: Wait, the fix is to cap it at exactly 29, 39, or 76 fps? I don't know how to limit my framerate that specifically. :(

Bogeypop

I've had a tough time going back to Death Ball after getting Perfect Kamehameha. Double kills left and right. My personal vote for best Ultimate so far --with Death Ball, Final Flash, and Super Electric Strike fighting it out for 2-4.

+1 to the Perfect Kamehameha > Death Ball squad.
I knew I wasn't crazy.

h4QmC6f.gif

With more testing, some problems with running the game at 76 fps are that the sound can start going wonky (it's as if it turns off one of your sound channels such that eg. only the right side plays sound, and this persists somewhat in Windows after exiting the game) and multiplayer games automatically cap your fps at 60. If you play a lot of multiplayer, you should probably cap your fps at 39.

Edit: For more info, you can see the thread I previously started on the game's forum on Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/app/323470/discussions/0/617329505862893650/
oh god i hated that! i was thinking what the hell was wrong all the time

oooh no wonder its so dumb. i was wondering why it would do that cause in the older games it teleported you behind, i thought maybe i was doing something wrong cause sometimes i'd go behind and other times I'd stay in place. good thing is that it also effects the bs enemy ai

Philtastic

... #gamechangers

This would make a lot of sense. The vanish-dodge has done that to me countless times, to the point that I wonder why I'm using it. The intended use would be so much more logical.. I'll try capping my framerate to see if that fixes it.

Oh, and be sure to notify the devs if you can. It's best for us all if they're made aware.

Philtastic work!

Edit: Wait, the fix is to cap it at exactly 29, 39, or 76 fps? I don't know how to limit my framerate that specifically. :(

I capped it using RivaTuner/MSI Afterburner. You can find the utility here:
http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/download.htm

Open RivaTuner and you'll find a list on the lefthand side of various programs. Hit the plus symbol in the bottom left to add a new program and then find the XenoVerse exe (it's in the game's folder as DBXV.exe). Set the frame rate on the righthand side to 29, 39, or 76 fps. Done.

I forgot to mention that two people who used Nvidia Inspector to limit their frame rate found that it didn't work. It's not clear yet as to why that is but I'm going to guess that Inspector and RivaTuner cap framerates differently so perhaps you will have to tinker with that to find similarly working frame rates.

Man, rewatching the frieza saga reminded me why the Cell saga was way better.

Goku vs Cell is still the best fight.

I've been trying to rewatch the Z series and I'm struggling. I loved it as it aired and there's still cool moments here and there but damn is it strung out. Watching them back I really prefer the original series a lot more now.

I capped it using RivaTuner/MSI Afterburner. You can find the utility here:
http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/download.htm

Open RivaTuner and you'll find a list on the lefthand side of various programs. Hit the plus symbol in the bottom left to add a new program and then find the XenoVerse exe (it's in the game's folder as DBXV.exe). Set the frame rate on the righthand side to 29, 39, or 76 fps. Done.

I forgot to mention that two people who used Nvidia Inspector to limit their frame rate found that it didn't work. It's not clear yet as to why that is but I'm going to guess that Inspector and RivaTuner cap framerates differently so perhaps you will have to tinker with that to find similarly working frame rates.

Hrm, thanks for the link. I'll have to look into it a bit.

oooh no wonder its so dumb. i was wondering why it would do that cause in the older games it teleported you behind, i thought maybe i was doing something wrong cause sometimes i'd go behind and other times I'd stay in place. good thing is that it also effects the bs enemy ai

I wonder if that's why the AI seems to be such a useless bag of potatoes sometimes, floating there doing nothing.

Corgi

Banned
bruh you pray that the rng gives you the encounter in hopes to get a loot that is decided by rng

seriously, fuck the person who thought of that, as if 1 rng isn't bad enough

lol played it 6 times without even triggering that event. the fuck! can't even get pass the first RNG gate.

Also that feeling when you have 2 freaking piccolos and none of them revive you for a whole min!

Hrm, thanks for the link. I'll have to look into it a bit.

I wonder if that's why the AI seems to be such a useless bag of potatoes sometimes, floating there doing nothing.

speaking of useless ai, i died and goku came right next to me and didn't revive me, he just stood there till Ginyu came and started hitting him and goku still didn't put up a fight, he continued to do nothing until he died. i face palmed so hard. seriously man, they need to review their companion ai. i wish the enemy ai did that too sometimes.

speaking of useless ai, i died and goku came right next to me and didn't revive me, he just stood there till Ginyu came and started hitting him and goku still didn't put up a fight, he continued to do nothing until he died. i face palmed so hard. seriously man, they need to review their companion ai. i wish the enemy ai did that too sometimes.

Yeah, some of the AI struggle to decide between "revive ally," "engage enemy," or "cautious defense." I hope they improve it with a patch (or maybe it's a framerate thing, too) but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

If they just fix the servers and I'll call it even.

Swarna

I get 100% working vanish with 30 FPS cap and double Vsync enabled via RadeonPro (in-game FPS cap and Vsync disabled). That may be precisely what they're using on consoles, actually. Haven't been able to find a working solution for 100% vanishes at 60 FPS, though. I'll try some settings tomorrow.

They didn't Q & A higher FPS physics, I guess. It's a shame. Going back to 30 feels so sluggish now. -.-

Bogeypop

OMG Big Bang Attack is kinda overpowered on a Ki based saiyan.

I used to love using it because it would protect you from Ki Blast spam, and it fires off relatively quick, but I found Vanishing Ball does more damage. Though you can easily get knocked out of it from Ki Blast spam.

I don't know about Big Bang, but Death Ball is pretty much broken against the AI if you're in SSJ. Basically, if you hit once(and you will obviously eventually), they cannot move until you either run out of ki or they're dead. If you have like 5bars of Ki when you go SSJ and spam death ball, nothing has the health to actually survive. Only "trouble" is 1 vs many fights, in which the Death Ball doesn't constantly keep one person juggled, but since it has a fair aoe you can also kill several people at once in perma juggle so it's not too big of a deal. I killed Gohan Gotenks and Goku all at once while they were all packed up and took 0damage for one of these PQs.

The fact the AI is so prone to breaking out of even the smaller melee combos with their escape skill but never try to break out of Death Ball is kinda weird.

Oh and in case of people don't know what I mean, when you get hit by Death Ball, after the hits, you stagger in the air for like 3seconds or so, which is enough time to cast another Death Ball, so it's a perma juggle just spamming it. The AI never breaks out of it other than scripted events happening that breaks the combo. You also get full combo points for it, like can get 80+combos and stuff, though most characters seem to die before you're really done.

Moneal

Is this really better than PQ2? It takes seconds to take care of Yamcha, Tien and Krillin and from there you've pretty much done it anyway.

well you dont even have to fight till you see a patroller. pq2 is faster to finish but pq12 gets a patroller quicker. its really about where your at really. lower level pq2 is prolly better, but when you can take out pq12 with ease I think its better.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I've been trying to resist the tempatation but I should be getting this tomorrow. Haven't gotten into a DBZ game since Budokai 3 but the reception to this seems solid.

I'll probably be boring and be a Saiyan. From what I've read in this thread it seems I should focus on Ki and not Strike?

Top Bottom