• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

Well.... I think I found a useful way to farm for now. I started a Bulma character 2 and a half hours ago and now she's level 80 and got 4 dragon balls along the way. Only works if you have already beaten the story and extra chapter though.

In the last set of PQ's there's a quest where you collect dragonballs while fighting Broly, ignore Broly and grab the 3 balls to end the mission. You can use this to get to level 40 pretty fast but only a few times should do. Then you swap to the PQ where you fight the 3 giant apes. These guys are easy for any build and you get a shot at a dragon ball sometimes at the end.

ZeroX03

Banned
If they start nerfing shit without fixing the RNG I'm done. Don't make the grind even more annoying and time consuming than it needs to be.

Z Souls and items shouldn't be in PvP anyway. Who cares if they're broken.

If they start nerfing shit without fixing the RNG I'm done. Don't make the grind even more annoying and time consuming than it needs to be.

yeah i kinda agree with that, nerfing the things that actually make late game and so early pq doable but not the rng or the difficulty is a pisstake

The animation is weirdly stiff/not enough frames maybe? The one for Battle for Z was actually a better one IMO.

Yeah, you're right.

Not perfect, but close!

How the he'll do you beat the sneaky ginu mission. Gohan dies all the time regardless of if you try to save him
Staying close to Gohan and Krillin is the main thing. Otherwise they'll get ganged up on by reinforcements, which whittles their HP down.

Nordicus

I get not wanting battle items in PvP because they can only make battles longer but I can't agree with throwing away Z-souls at all just because a few of them might have been annoying and/or not have been balanced properly. Might as well say that custom movesets should be thrown out because some moves are overpowered and others absolute garbage.

The extra layer of customization on a passive level that's beyond "put 100 points on Blast Supers if ranged character" adds to the character building.

Neofx

Well.... I think I found a useful way to farm for now. I started a Bulma character 2 and a half hours ago and now she's level 80 and got 4 dragon balls along the way. Only works if you have already beaten the story and extra chapter though.

In the last set of PQ's there's a quest where you collect dragonballs while fighting Broly, ignore Broly and grab the 3 balls to end the mission. You can use this to get to level 40 pretty fast but only a few times should do. Then you swap to the PQ where you fight the 3 giant apes. These guys are easy for any build and you get a shot at a dragon ball sometimes at the end.

#53 (Broly) mission is insane for farming indeed. What is the PQ # where you fight the 3 apes?

cHinzo

Definitely missing the last tick of damage on my ults. Looks like they buffed normal attacks though. Gonna try a melee character after this one... >_>

word on the street is that yes they nerfed the kami z soul but if you increase your framerate it heals more. SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO DO THIS! I WANT TO CHEESE STORY MODE SO I CAN TRY A DIFFERENT RACE PLS T-T

BHK3

Banned
Out of curiosity, so about what level did y'all beat story mode? Curious what lvl the guys are at in the final story missions.

Went into the majin saga at level 48 after grinding A LOT to be able to even stand a chance against multi majins, leveled up a fuck load after that cause you start getting 10k exp each fight.

cHinzo

Anyone who got the Death Ball skill and can test if the damage is still the same? Grinding PQ49 takes too long now. :\ Went from 4~5 minutes to an average of 7 minutes now.

Dario ff

Banned
I uploaded my modding tools here if anyone's interested in contributing.

Quoting from Steam Forums:
It supports both little and big endian compatible files (PC and Xbox 360).

Stuff it can actually do right now:
- Unpack and repack EMB files (texture packs). (embpack)
- Parse and export EMD files as FBX. It can also save EMD files and the goal would be to create an FBX -> EMD importer. (model files) (emdfbx)
- Edit the experience table. (agdxml)
- Edit material script files (emmxml)
- Horribly screw up models with emddoubler like in the video above.

I'd appreciate if you can share this with any other communities interested in modding the game.

KHlover

Banned
Cha la? It does.

Dont all regions use the same "new" version of Cha la? Heh that would be the first thing I replace once the music mod hits. Classic version just feels good.

http://www.myvideo.de/watch/4814991/DBZ_Chala_Head_Chala

From a time when German TV channels actually put some effort into anime dubbing. Damn is it hard to find this song in the original pitch. Fuck GEMA :/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ6O4yvgQ3U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bn5RiQCjtug

God how I miss that time. Not all intros of all anime were good, but the ones I linked are sooo good *_*

Teknoman

I'd sneak in the Lucky Star version into a mod just to see the rage reactions. ;P

lol dat karaoke power.

http://www.myvideo.de/watch/4814991/DBZ_Chala_Head_Chala

From a time when German TV channels actually put some effort into anime dubbing. Damn is it hard to find this song in the original pitch. Fuck GEMA :/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ6O4yvgQ3U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bn5RiQCjtug

God how I miss that time. Not all intros of all anime were good, but the ones I linked are sooo good *_*

http://youtu.be/36POYpOigE8?t=2m48s

lol ended up running into the spanish version (live too?) from some fan show? This is nuts, nothing like this ever happened in North America heh.

Nordicus

The animation is weirdly stiff/not enough frames maybe? The one for Battle for Z was actually a better one IMO.
Even Battle of Z intro smells of low budget. We go just a little bit further into the past and Ultimate Tenkaichi opening already looks considerably better imo.

Wanted to look at Budokai 2 and Budokai 3 openings for further comparison (such nostalgia bombs) because I feel there are some actual style differences between then and now, but the footage online of these PS2 quality cinematics are so blurry that it's a little hard to judge

Welfare

Why is Vegeta always paired with Kid Buu in these openings? Like I get it. He has no one else, but still. He was nothing compared to Kid Buu.

cHinzo

Dear diary,

Just did run 95 today of PQ 49. Got too much Zeni and not enough items to spend it on, there are almost no more masters left and I got enough hands, pants and boots for a small village. For the love of god, give us some chest pieces to cover our bodies with. I only need one... ;___;

Looks like the devs are working on the server issues... still.
Dragon Ball XENOVERSE - Server Updates
Thousands of Time Patrollers joined Trunks and the Supreme Kai of Time in their efforts to restore the Dragon Ball timeline and both are delighted for your support to the cause.
We worked hard to improve your online experience and already have some promising results as you can read below. Be assured that we won’t stop until we deliver you a satisfactory online service.

Lately, Dragon Ball XENOVERSE servers have been updated with several optimizations.
Consequently, the success rates of logging in multi-lobbies greatly increased. We will continue to fine tuning both server and client sides to raise it toward 100% success very soon.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse on PC Steam has been updated to deploy a few client-side adjustments to improve the log-in success rate and the overall stability.

Please note that if you can’t log in to the Dragon Ball XENOVERSE server, the game should switch automatically to the offline mode. If the switch is not made properly, we suggest you to disable your internet connection before starting the game to force a boot into Offline Mode. We understand that this is not an acceptable alternative but we hope you will understand that this is a temporary fix until we updates on the Dragon Ball XENOVERSE server stability.
Thank you for your patience and everlasting love for the Dragon Ball world!

(We will continue to share any relevant updates in this thread)

Cheers,

The Bandai Namco Games Community Team

[Source]

The highlighted portion is probably all the patch notes we're getting for that update earlier.

Astral

grinding for everything is a bitch but fuck fixing the rng, make it even more time consuming for loot instead!

I'm not even sure how to grind for Z souls. If I kill him and it doesn't say I got an equip, should I just retry? It would save me the effort of fighting Cell and Hogan afterwards.

Muzicfreq

Banned
Looks like the devs are working on the server issues... still.

The highlighted portion is probably all the patch notes we're getting for that update earlier.

Noticed today it didn't even try to connect on ps4 after the first attempt.

Also going to SSJ makes you super shiny
16709391806_8223c8aeb1_o.jpg

Haven't played this game in a week and booted it up an hour ago. Now I'm pulling my hair out and silently screaming everytime I have to restart this damn Ginyu Force quest to try to get the last Dragonball. It's been at least over 40 times now. Fuckin' god man, no RNGesus jokes, this crap is horrible. Fucking remove the RNG entirely and flush it down the shitter.

Probably my biggest gripe with the game. The outfit stats.

I use a Ki build and a lot of items I want to put on my character have like -4 or -5 arrows for KI :(
I know people said ignore it but I just can't, it bugs me.
Each arrow on the outfit stats changes the stat by like 1%

It's very easy to ignore, specially since someone at Dimps had the bright fucking idea of making 18's shit being geared torwards Strike. Like, why

patchday

So ssj and ssv both lower ultimate costs while one boost strike and other boosts range stats?

Wish we didn't have to ask questions like this the game should tell us in the UI :(

[edit] If you google you'll find the answer from fans. Maybe somewhere in the game it describes this. I dont have Super Vegeta skill. Too lazy to farm it.

Top Bottom