• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

Astral

I finally got I am Super Vegeta Z soul and it doesn't even do what I thought it did. I thought it increased the duration of my transformation. Does Super Saiyan bargain sale increase the duration of Super Vegeta as well as Super Saiyan?

wowzors

Each arrow on the outfit stats changes the stat by like 1%

It's very easy to ignore, specially since someone at Dimps had the bright fucking idea of making 18's shit being geared torwards Strike. Like, why

Curious is the arrow % the same for the zsouls and all other items? Or just for armor stats = 1% per arrow?

levyjl1988

Banned
Finally got another character to level 80, it's pretty easy actually.

yYrAKoe.png

Nordicus

Man, just had one of my best, funnest matches with my PvP partner now that the Vanish works properly. He said he had it recorded via shadowplay. Hopefully he'll throw the video online somewhere, I want to see that replay!. He was constantly on the move and dashing circles around me, coming at me with quick combos while I waited my moment with Just Guards, throws and counterattacks. We were both 1 punch away from death at the end, it was great.

Anyone got a Z rank on PQ 16? I can't seem to make it happen no matter what I try. If I wait for Vegeta to show up it takes ages and you get loads of strung out dialogue extending the scenes, then if I'm lucky enough for him to go SSJ by the time it's all happened it's only enough for an A rank. I'm kinda stumped since all the others are pretty easy to get so far in comparison.

TheIconizer

Neo Member
Anyone feel like Omega Shenron is kind of weak? I mena the Minus Energy Ball thingy does no damage at all. Even when it hits it's like small amount.

Is PQ5 the one which can drop a dragon ball?

PQ2 or PQ12. Two is good because it's very easy but I kind of prefer 12 because they spawn instantly in the area right in front of you (when they spawn) so you can just retry over and over. On #2 you have to beat a couple weak opponents before you will see if a challenger is going to appear.

How is the game on PC? Is it locked at 30fps like the Naruto games?
Nope, runs at a perfect 60 at max settings with very little trouble. I'm using an old 580 and it's a perfect 60fps. It's genuinely not bad on PC at all, it just could have used a couple extra options for AA really.

RK9039

PQ2 or PQ12. Two is good because it's very easy but I kind of prefer 12 because they spawn instantly in the area right in front of you (when they spawn) so you can just retry over and over. On #2 you have to beat a couple weak opponents before you will see if a challenger is going to appear.

Nope, runs at a perfect 60 at max settings with very little trouble. I'm using an old 580 and it's a perfect 60fps.

If there's a time patroller in the mission you have a chance to get dragon balls. Just make sure you defeat them.

Ah nice one.

A one star just dropped :D

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Nope, runs at a perfect 60 at max settings with very little trouble. I'm using an old 580 and it's a perfect 60fps. It's genuinely not bad on PC at all, it just could have used a couple extra options for AA really.

You can force more AA options with something like Nvidia Inspector if you find the right settings. Haven't looked around yet to see if there are any good ones around.

Also, I really hope they fix the disappearing ki effects thing soon so I can re-enable vsync. ;(

Man, I went with a friend who wanted to pick up the game on PS4 to buy it after we got off work, and we could not find any new gen versions of the game at all. No Gamestop in the NYC area seemed to have it new or used, and even the local mom & pop spots were a no go.

Last time I remember a DBZ game being this tricky to find shortly after launch was Budokai 3. (And Tenkaichi 2, come to think of it) I'm guessing Bamco will probably be happy with the sales.

KHlover

Banned
Finally got another character to level 80, it's pretty easy actually.

What's your method for quick levelling new characters?
Also do you have one for farming Zeni?

PQ53

Ignore Broly, pick up 3 Dragon Balls. Quest over. Tons of EXP (~40.000 with B rank) and Zeni (38.000).

What's your method for quick levelling new characters?
Also do you have one for farming Zeni?

PQ53

Ignore Broly, pick up 3 Dragon Balls. Quest over. Tons of EXP (~40k with B rank) and Zeni.

Also after a few rounds of that move on to PQ52 for even faster XP and more zeni with a shot at some dragon balls along the way. Should be able to net 70-80k xp in under 3 minutes on a Z rank run. 2 and a half hours to max out that way and you can start it at around lvl 20 since the giant apes are practically harmless.

I have been using PQ15 for EXP right now. Up to level 23. Also I was wondering if I got the wrong quest for the Dragonball (seems I did!)

Also, how do you check what your drop is currently?

MAX PAYMENT

I'm still on the fence about this game. A few reviews I read really bash the combat for being repetitive and unfair. is it really that bad?

Astral

Ok seriously how do you get Super Saiyan bargain sale? Do I have to kill Vegeta after he says it? Kill SSJ3 Goku? What?

This doesn't really help lol

I won't lie, there are areas where the game is definitely working against your favor and you kind of have to go out of your way to break it a little with unbalanced stuff to win. It's not the majority of content but there's certainly a few one sided quests. They won't give you any trouble at a high enough level though.

The combat can be extremely samey particularly during single player parallel quests because of the need to rely on cheap tactics occasionally. But there are plenty of moves out there to mess around with if you wish and you can create a good number of different approaches to combat by mixing up your techniques and seeing what works well together. You won't be rewarded for it though, instead you'll be punished because as it stands it's way more effective to spam a cheap attack. It's as much fun as you make of it essentially.

This doesn't really help lol

how does it not help? it really is and it becomes pretty frustrating later on, i mean bro theres an RNG to activate events to even get the opportunity to unlock things from the RNG.... yes, theres an rng for an rng... now if they release a patch that either lowers the difficulty down(cause the enemy ai bull shits HARD) or/and makes it easier to get things I'd say hell yea go for it but otherwise only buy it if you're a big fan of dbz

if you do buy it, go sayian, its the best way to counter the bs ai.

patchday

I'm still on the fence about this game. A few reviews I read really bash the combat for being repetitive and unfair. is it really that bad?

The combat is really good. Nothing else like it. You have to understand the reviewers are all hung up on traditional FPS / Fighting games. They are just blazing through the single player content w/o taking the time to acquire additional skills and learning how to use their escape skills.

On the other hand, the game does have issues. At least on PS4, there is this annoying Camera issue where it just starts pitching in the hub. Random loot is bit harsh. Stuff like that.

Anyway, this is why I tend to stay far away from reviews. They are written by excellent writers sure- but they are usually the worst players by far. Feel free to post links to the reviews you saw talking shit and I'll confirm if they have fair complaints.

But if they not complaining bout RNG anywhere in their write up I'd close that review ASAP. That means they didn't spend anytime in the PQs!!!!

Btw- this game a must buy for DBZ fans. There's nothing to decide. But if you're not a fan of the series then I cant say. I'm a DBZ fan myself so can only speak from that

[edit] Btw, if you hate random loots / drops then this might not be a game for you. Game is entrenched in RPG type stuff

tuna_love

Banned
Was there a patch recently? When I start it up it says I can't connect or use live features until I install the content update. On Xbox one.

Gerah X

Sorry if its been asked before but I would find it extremely daunting to read through 105 pages.

I'm a huge DBZ fan, but the last game I truly enjoyed was Budokai 3. I saw that this game was developed by dimps. Would I be right in thinking that the combat falls in style with the budokai games? given the fact that it was made by dimps?

Also, how does the game handle transformations? Can you start a match with regular goku and transform him to SSJ 1 or 2 or 3? or are all of his forms separate character selections?

thanks, in advance!

Welfare

I'm more curious why they always depict Frieza as the main bad guy who goes up against Goku. Frieza vs Vegeta would work, but only the Tenkaichi 1 intro did that iirc.

Though I like it.

EDIT: Raging Blast 2's intro is actually pretty cool for changing it up to movie villains that aren't Broly

Goku vs Frieza has to be the most iconic fight in DBZ. Also I'm think he's the most popular DB villain in Japan, but don't quote me on that.

Those 2 going at it something everyone could remember
especially because of all the fucking filler to go with it :p

PS4 player here.
So i was enjoying this game a lot and taking my time with it with the 1 star parallel quests and then i completed the First saga and i met the
majin kai of time

Everything was fine up to that point.
But now, after every mission i have this updating leaderboards stuff that takes time.. WHAT THE....??

Isn't there a setting to stay offline ..i don't care about leaderboards i just want to enjoy the missions and the fights within the game.
I could put my console offline , but i often party chat with friends...any tips ???

Also picollo asked me to get this item but to craft it , i need an all around shard ..but i HAVE NO IDEA where to find these... can i drop it to try something with vegeta as my mentor and then go back to pîccolo quest ??

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Someone please tell me I'm missing something in this Spaceship Sneak mission with Ginyu. Krillin/Gohan keep dying and it never fucking ends, there are apparently no checkpoints at all and I have to keep refighting a ton of these grunts.

I expected the graphics to be awesome but omg i just cant stand how shiny everything is. It just makes everything look so weird.

Idk if this is the case for the console release either, because im playing on pc.

The
Bardock Survival
story mission is no joke.. wow. Brutal.

On the bright side, my Frieza's race character has gone from wet paper to killing machine somehow. Focusing on regular attacks gives him some killer combos, especially with that homing ki blast at the end.
Someone please tell me I'm missing something in this Spaceship Sneak mission with Ginyu. Krillin/Gohan keep dying and it never fucking ends, there are apparently no checkpoints at all and I have to keep refighting a ton of these grunts.

Stay close to Krillin and Gohan and make sure to keep the heat off of them. It is imperative that they face no more than one enemy at a time, because otherwise their health will get chipped down quickly from back-attacks and such.

If you're having difficulty even with these tips, try levelling up a bit. Ginyu uses his own stats, which means he level-scales to whatever you're at.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Man, once you buy the Super Guard Freeza's Death Ball is no problem...

But then he actually didn't use it against me after the first Perfect Form fight, and it was easy anyway. :/

Top Bottom