• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

Maligna

Banned
Well if I were building a super advanced cyborg with the power to destroy planets, I'd probably fix her poor vision while I was at it. I vote without.

That's what I was thinking. But there was an Android in one of the Dragonball movies that wore sunglasses, so there is a case for eyewear.

Kieli

History of Trunks and the future timeline stuff was pretty GOAT.

Future Gohan >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Mystic Gohan

sqwarlock

History of Trunks and the future timeline stuff was pretty GOAT.

Future Gohan >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Mystic Gohan

I hate, HATE, what they did to Gohan after the Cell saga.

Mystic Gohan is the stupidiest thing that ever happened in DBZ

"Let's have you train for a long-ass while to unlock your full power, sacrificing your iconic transformations, just so you can still lose to Majin Buu like a little bitch. Oh and you'll never be worth anything anymore for the rest of the series"

Game is deff the best DBZ game since Tenkiechi 3. It would edge it out in the sequel if characters moves changed during transformations and had the roster. It does feel tighter than Tenkeichi though.

Would like to see Androids and Aliens to be added for character classes. Would be cool to create a wide range of aliens like Spice boys, Frieza henchman and Bojack type beings.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I hate, HATE, what they did to Gohan after the Cell saga.
aww. Can't say I'm a fan of the Great Saiyaman by any stretch, but I did love that there was at least one of the stronger characters who didn't actually care about fighting.

ultimate/mystic gohan can still transform can't he? he just doesn't during the majin buu fight for some... reason?

aww. Can't say I'm a fan of the Great Saiyaman by any stretch, but I did love that there was at least one of the stronger characters who didn't actually care about fighting.

ultimate/mystic gohan can still transform can't he? he just doesn't during the majin buu fight for some... reason?
He can - he does in GT at least - but they're supposed to be pointless since Mystic is supposed to be his permanent, full powered state.

So basically he only transforms to show off lol

Philtastic

Holy crap, just beat the (near end of story spoiler)
Lord Beerus and Whis
fight! Took so many tries and a ton of ultimate spamming!

I think that the only good strategy against auto-guard, besides ultimate spam, is kaioken x20 and constantly hammering away at them with pre-emptive vanishes to avoid getting hit. You guys have any other approaches that aren't just ultimate spam?

kaiiri

almost two days of farming those stupid vegito clothes and I finally have them all! AHHHHH... I can sleep now... tomorrow.. on to the next thing.

sqwarlock

Lord Beerus and Whis

I think that the only good strategy against auto-guard, besides ultimate spam, is kaioken x20 and constantly hammering away at them with pre-emptive vanishes to avoid getting hit. You guys have any other approaches that aren't just ultimate spam?

I haven't played very far, but with my female Saiyan it seems like ultimate spamming is the easiest and most effective way to win any fight. Was sort of hoping that's not always the case, but your post doesn't give me much hope.

Bogeypop

Does the "I... I'm okay!" Z-Soul drop from Videl? I already got all the other Skills from the PQ so I'd rather just retry every time she doesn't drop it if that's the case.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
A friend of mine just found an interesting character.

a9xI7Xg.jpg

FootballFan

I just realised, there are 7 "Best of Dragon Ball Z" albums by Bruce Faulconer are on Spotify.

Going to listen to all 7 and make a playlist with my favourite tracks.

Can't wait for that Spotify PS4 update!!!

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I haven't played very far, but with my female Saiyan it seems like ultimate spamming is the easiest and most effective way to win any fight. Was sort of hoping that's not always the case, but your post doesn't give me much hope.

In PvE it's basically the best. It's quick, you have shittons of invuln frames, etc.

I basically skirted by thanks to final flash and SS2. But I only really use it if I'm put in super cheap spots(like being outnumbered or the autoguard stuff.

sqwarlock

Oh, another question. If I'm caught with my back to the enemy is there any way to get a quick block in? I could just be terrible, but the most damage I take is at those moments.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Can you get back with an old mentor that you finished if you swap out?

I finished Vegeta's awhile ago, currently have Cell but I've noticed the soul doesn't trigger that effect with the giant Z on screen without him being my mentor again. I haven't seen him in the hub but I might just be unlucky.

Welfare

I finished Vegeta's awhile ago, currently have Cell but I've noticed the soul doesn't trigger that effect with the giant Z on screen without him being my mentor again. I haven't seen him in the hub but I might just be unlucky.

I've seen him pop up again.

Yeah you can, none of them go away forever.

If you're looking for a specific mentor then the best way is to go to an offline PQ mission, get to the character select screen (but don't select a character) then back out. Doing this will reset the mentors in the hub and from where you're standing you can see 3 of the possible spawn locations

Omni

Speaking of. What exactly is that giant Z?

I've noticed it while using final flash occasionally.

martino

Mystic Gohan is the stupidiest thing that ever happened in DBZ

"Let's have you train for a long-ass while to unlock your full power, sacrificing your iconic transformations, just so you can still lose to Majin Buu like a little bitch. Oh and you'll never be worth anything anymore for the rest of the series"

What ? he actually is the strongest one at the end of dbz (outside fusion) imo

Speaking of. What exactly is that giant Z?

I've noticed it while using final flash occasionally.

It boosts that attacks power, but it only works if you have them as your current mentor.

So to get the boost for Final Flash you need Vegeta as your mentor, for Special Beam Cannon you need Piccolo etc.

TheIconizer

Neo Member
Guys I'm still getting this content update message. I can't go online it's been for days now. Anybody know what should I do? There was no update for the game.

Tsunamo

Wow Deathball is insane.
Lucky the RNG was kind to me and got it to drop on my second run through the quest, can't get over how easy every other mission from then on was as a saiyan.

Nordicus

Eh, I think it still looks really good with a style that reflects the show while doing its own thing.
I prefer Burst limit with its celshading, but I would say that the difference isn't nearly as bad as it was between Raging Blast 1 and 2
Just what the hell were they thinking?
Lord Beerus and Whis

Even though my character's not really made for ulti spam, that is basically my strategy. Try to get few hits in just so I get 3 Ki for Victory Rush, use that, and whenever enemy is staggerable, use physical attacks and keep that Ki above 3. Then when armor comes back up, Victory Rush.

anyone else had a weird issue where you try to search for a room or create one yourself, it fails and when you back out to the hub you cant control your character?

patchday

Best leveling
Blue Hurricane + PQ 52 Great Ape Festival = Z Rank 66k exp

I farmed that skill in an online PQ after bout 3 tries. This strategy works!

anyone else had a weird issue where you try to search for a room or create one yourself, it fails and when you back out to the hub you cant control your character?

Yep I get that one occasionally. I have to restart the game after getting it

cHinzo

almost two days of farming those stupid vegito clothes and I finally have them all! AHHHHH... I can sleep now... tomorrow.. on to the next thing.

How many attempts?! D: I had to take a break from farming, because I couldn't handle the repetitiveness anymore.

OptimusLime

This game is pretty tough as a Namekian, Im putting 1/3 of my points into basic attacks and 1/3 into strike supers, but barely seem to do damage.

Id say I havent seen many other Namekians, but I havent been able to get into a multi-lobby. Ill say I havent seen many Namekian PCs in the single-lobby. Maybe I should re-roll as a Saiyan since Im only level 11.

Maligna

Banned
This game is pretty tough as a Namekian, Im putting 1/3 of my points into basic attacks and 1/3 into strike supers, but barely seem to do damage.

Id say I havent seen many other Namekians, but I havent been able to get into a multi-lobby. Ill say I havent seen many Namekian PCs in the single-lobby. Maybe I should re-roll as a Saiyan since Im only level 11.

No! Stay strong. There's too many Saiyans.

Top Bottom