• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

Philtastic

Screw it.
in 2 matches I witnessed that ultimates in Ranked matches need to be disabled. if you get hit once it's over.

Ultimates really do ruin it as they are currently implemented. I think all they'd need to do to make them far more balanced is to remove the invincibility frames or perhaps have stamina drain faster when you get hit while performing one. That way, you either need to properly set up the ultimate with a combo which prevents chaining them together or you're taking a risk because you might get knocked out of it into a guard break unless you managed your stamina well.

Edit: Another possible change would be to make ultimates cost stamina bars as well as ki which would at least mitigate how often they can be spammed and possibly prevent complete min/maxing of all ki and no stamina. For high ki users, this would encourage use of normal supers as well since they would run out of stamina but still have tons of ki (especially if super saiyan). Since stamina doesn't regen when you're doing any actions, continuing to spam supers would prevent you from recharging for ultimates which makes for a good tradeoff: either continue to use your ki but on weaker attacks or go defensive to regen for more ultimates.

Muzicfreq

Banned
JKVHBDJFVGNLWKRVGNJLRWVIGJUWRNLGWRJNLWERJIGNRWLGWEJRNGLWRGJNWRG FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does everyone online have that damn Super Electric Strike skill?! It's a game breaking ultimate that needs either to be super nerfed or just flat out banned.

I swear it's all I have been dying from lately.

I even tried running away... IMPOSSIBLE! GOES THROUGH BUILDINGS EVEN!

Nordicus

This game is pretty tough as a Namekian, Im putting 1/3 of my points into basic attacks and 1/3 into strike supers, but barely seem to do damage.
You don't get many good strike supers at the beginning, have to wait for Ginyu Force PQs to get half-decent ones. It takes a while to get good ones but I'm satisfied with the damage output of my melee majin. Android 18's Deadly Dance is a nice little combo that swipes away ki blasts in front of it, and Evil Whirlwind which is a drop from Teen Gohan, has lots of super armor and will swat away everyone surrounding you. I really want 17's Freedom Kick because it'd make me fly around in a figure 8 while kicking my enemy
JKVHBDJFVGNLWKRVGNJLRWVIGJUWRNLGWRJNLWERJIGNRWLGWEJRNGLWRGJNWRG FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does everyone online have that damn Super Electric Strike skill?! It's a game breaking ultimate that needs either to be super nerfed or just flat out banned.

Get Change The Future

DedValve

Banned
Is there no way to preview outfits before you buy? I want to try some stuff with my freeza guy but it sucks having to buy, sell at half and buy something else.

CryptiK

Yay all Parallel Quests done! Now to master people and collect abilities. How do you master them do you have to complete a certain parallel quest? Because I have Vegeta and Gohan on max friendship but it still shows 2 question marks and I cant do anything with them.

patchday

This game is pretty tough as a Namekian, Im putting 1/3 of my points into basic attacks and 1/3 into strike supers, but barely seem to do damage.

Id say I havent seen many other Namekians, but I havent been able to get into a multi-lobby. Ill say I havent seen many Namekian PCs in the single-lobby. Maybe I should re-roll as a Saiyan since Im only level 11.

I'm making a Namekian when I get a chance. I plan to just dump my points into Health / Stamina / Basic Attack mostly and see how it goes. I did something similar with my Majin buu girl and shes been doing very well in pvp/pve.

TimFL

Yay all Parallel Quests done! Now to master people and collect abilities. How do you master them do you have to complete a certain parallel quest? Because I have Vegeta and Gohan on max friendship but it still shows 2 question marks and I cant do anything with them.

Both Vegeta and Gohan/Videl ask you to bring them a Z-Soul. Vegeta wants "I'm the strongest on earth" and Gohan/Videl want "I... I'm okay".

Both can be found in a PQ (Gohan/Videl Z-Soul is found in PQ47, good luck).

Nordicus

So are there ANY strike Ultimates?
I've got a few, but they are definitely fewer than Ki ultimates:
Paralysis, Guldo drop
Blue Hurricane, Burter drop
Death Meteor, Frieza drop
Spirit Sword, Vegito drop
Victory Rush, skill shop

Change the future is an amazing move that I don't see anyone talking about.
HOLY SHIT, SOMEONE WHO UNDERSTANDS!

Androids 17 and 18 spamming Super Electric Strike is honestly no issue to me anymore because the ultimate gives you a very early warning, and using Change The Future means they go flying because their super armor ends before I hit them.

I use it even though it's technically a blast super, the utility is just too wonderful. I've seen my friend use a strike equivalent that can similarly counter ranged attacks but I do not know what that is or how to get it. Whatever, I'll find it eventually.

Maligna

Banned
I've got a few, but they are definitely fewer than Ki ultimates:
Paralysis, Guldo drop
Blue Hurricane, Burter drop
Death Meteor, Frieza drop
Spirit Sword, Vegito drop
Victory Rush, skill shop

HOLY SHIT, SOMEONE WHO UNDERSTANDS!

Androids 17 and 18 spamming Super Electric Strike is honestly no issue to me anymore because the ultimate gives you a very early warning, and using Change The Future means they go flying because their super armor ends before I hit them.

I use it even though it's technically a blast super, the utility is just too wonderful. I've seen my friend use a strike equivalent that can similarly counter ranged attacks but I do not know what that is or how to get it. Whatever, I'll find it eventually.

Ah, cool. I'll have to check the shop for Victory rush.

Let me know when you know what the strike equivalent is! I'm working on my first Strike character.

cHinzo

Either use change the future or ascend/descend. It has a wide hitbox, but it doesn't have much height.

Nordicus

Absolutely yes, also I'm around 40.
Remember Just Guards that are briefly mentioned in the Trunks fight tutorial?

The mini-buus are not super aggressive at chasing you, so what you want to do, if you want to refill your Ki easily, is to glide and strafe slowly without dashing, this is how you kite the buus and provoke them to use their regular ki blasts.

When you see a Buu throwing regular Ki Blasts at you, attempt to Just Guard them by pressing the block button right before getting hit, and you will get one bar of Ki from it for fairly low risk. You can get 2 Just Guards off one volley, meaning 2 bars of ki. Oftentimes when the first Just Guard animation ends, the frames are perfectly aligned to get an easy second Just Guard without any careful timing needed. Then use that ki to super/ulti them to death when possible.

If you're gonna use Change the Future to counteract SES spamming, use it at a range. Using it up close when someone decides to pop a SES only throws you back into the fire.

Don't be me. :[

DedValve

Banned
Man, the mini buu fight was such bullshit. I mean I got it on my first try but it was a long and boring process of kiting, charging ki, guarding, spamming ultimate, repeat.

Jesus christ I want to slap whoever thought that would make for a good mission.

spidye

OK someone has to help me

Why does Goku sometimes turn into SS and sometimes not even when I kill Krillin before.

I am talking about PQ 14. How is the drop rate for the SS skill anyway? I've done this mission at least 15 times and still no luck

kaiiri

Why does Goku sometimes turn into SS and sometimes not even when I kill Krillin before.

I am talking about PQ 14. How is the drop rate for the SS skill anyway? I've done this mission at least 15 times and still no luck

it's just all RNG. assume everything has a crap drop rate. I was farming for vegito clothes the entire day... got nothing until the last couple of hours and got them all. some stuff... (like super vegeta 2) .. dropped on my first try... others have to farm the whole day. just luck of the draw.

Bogeypop

Does the "I... I'm okay!" Z-Soul drop from Videl? I already got all the other Skills from the PQ so I'd rather just retry every time she doesn't drop it if that's the case.

Asking again since I didn't get an answer yesterday. Don't want to go through the gauntlet unless I have to.

patchday

just buy that skill from the store. I seem to recall it not even costing that much. why are you grinding for no reason...

And if its not there yet then you need to get farther along in the story. Same for SSJ2!

Only farm for Super Vegeta 2

Man, the mini buu fight was such bullshit. I mean I got it on my first try but it was a long and boring process of kiting, charging ki, guarding, spamming ultimate, repeat.

Jesus christ I want to slap whoever thought that would make for a good mission.

I thought that mission was fairly average difficulty on my frieza and I'm positive I was L40 or less. Just wait til you get a little farther into the story. It gets much worse!!

kaiiri

Asking again since I didn't get an answer yesterday. Don't want to go through the gauntlet unless I have to.

yes it does. so if you don't get the equip after beating her restart the PQ.

just buy that skill from the store. I seem to recall it not even costing that much. why are you grinding for no reason...

And if its not there yet then you need to get farther along in the story. Same for SSJ2!

Only farm for Super Vegeta 2

super vegeta > super vegeta 2 imo.

Bogeypop

Yeah literally got it to drop a minute after asking. Now for once I hope I DON'T meet the Ultimate Requirements as it's taken quite a bit of luck to beat the last few fights since I never use healing items.

patchday

super vegeta > super vegeta 2 imo.

Does super vegeta do more dmg than Super Vegeta 2?

Hate it when game devs are too lazy to list power effectiveness in the UI. Good thing I've been playing on my Majin lately

kaiiri

Does super vegeta do more dmg than Super Vegeta 2?

Hate it when game devs are too lazy to list power effectiveness in the UI. Good thing I've been playing on my Majin lately

it doesn't. but he power increase in sv2 is barely noticeable. so if you're spamming.. staying in super saiyan mode longer is better.. which sv1 is better at. couple that with the z soul I am.. super vegeta or the super saiyan bargain sale and you're in business!

Okay, time to confess: I've occasionally played those little fanmade DBZ RPGs on the BYOND client for years and I've always been frustrated that no official DB games managed to scratch the open world (as open as 16 bit style games can get) and power progression as those little BYOND games.

I've tried everything: Sagas, LoG, Budokai, DBO. I'm happy to say that after putting a few hours into Xenoverse last night, its gotten pretty damn close. Excited to dig in today.

patchday

it doesn't. but he power increase in sv2 is barely noticeable. so if you're spamming.. staying in super saiyan mode longer is better.. which sv1 is better at. couple that with the z soul I am.. super vegeta or the super saiyan bargain sale and you're in business!

Oh on my Saiyan I run an infinite ki build. Atm I'm running the one that kicks in on the first KO. So ki consumption isn't an issue. This is for PvE though.

For online battles been running my Majin atm

[edit] Currently watching a comparison video that goes over differences between super saiyan/SSJ2/Super Vegeta/ SV2

spidye

it's just all RNG. assume everything has a crap drop rate. I was farming for vegito clothes the entire day... got nothing until the last couple of hours and got them all. some stuff... (like super vegeta 2) .. dropped on my first try... others have to farm the whole day. just luck of the draw.

thanks

will do but dat feeling getting super rare drops and loots :(

Nordicus

Wow, got SSGod Goku's Super Dragon Fist on first attempt at grinding it. It's pretty neat... and also red, which fits with my new color scheme.

Evil Whirlwind clears team melee clusterfucks very well. The significant super armor, AoE, and knockback of this roundhouse kick makes it almost like a melee evasive skill but it has the damage to wreak some proper havoc and occasionally break the super armors on bosses. It was very handy in the Beerus&Whis PQ. Usually it sent at least one of them flying
on7WYzT.jpg
mr792MK.jpg

kaiiri

would anyone know why the z soul "I am.. super vegeta!" won't show up in my 2nd character? I had one on my main.. got another. then went to my 2nd character to level her up.. and didn't see it. I even unequipped it from my main.. went to my 2nd character.. and still didn't see it. = /

Ambitious

Earlier today, I read somewhere that this game supposedly is quite easy to get into, in terms of controls. Is this true?
The thing is: I love DBZ, but I hate beat 'em ups. I've played a few hours of one of the Budokai Tenkaichi games on the Wii (BT2, I think), but what I did wasn't that far from button-mashing. Couldn't quite figure out character movement. I can't remember whether I had trouble memorizing combos, but that's something I don't like about bemus as well.

So, how's Xenoverse in that regard?

massoluk

Banned
Earlier today, I read somewhere that this game supposedly is quite easy to get into, in terms of controls. Is this true?
The thing is: I love DBZ, but I hate beat 'em ups. I've played a few hours of one of the Budokai Tenkaichi games on the Wii (BT2, I think), but what I did wasn't that far from button-mashing. Couldn't quite figure out character movement. I can't remember whether I had trouble memorizing combos, but that's something I don't like about bemus as well.

So, how's Xenoverse in that regard?

For the live of me, I couldn't play any fighting games that's not Tekken or DOA, But this one is a breeze. Don't know about Budokai, but you can definitely build a character that focus on the timing than memorizing combo.

It feels good Instant Transmission and unleash barrages of energy balls pointblank at the enemy, almost just like in the comic book that Goku did to Cell.

Korezo

Holy shit it's been two hours since I've so much as fought Vegito in PQ 49. "This is a nightmare!!!"

Yeah this game is terrible if you try to collect stuff, I have 3 days trying to get super electric strike to drop. At first I use to love this game but now I hate it.

Yeah this game is terrible if you try to collect stuff, I have 3 days trying to get super electric strike to drop. At first I use to love this game but now I hate it.

i'm after that exact one now and this game keeps doing that search and freeze glitch now, worst day for online issues yet

patchday

Are you guys farming Online PQs for drops?

I tried to get Kararoot! skill to drop offline once. Hopped right online and got it on 3rd try

[edit] At least with me, offline RNG is absolutely miserable. I cant get anything to drop in there hardly.

At least now Hero Prinny can cheese through story mode to get his other character slots and possibly stop whining in his every post as if he was forced to play this.

z76faqp.jpg

why is this random person I've never heard of dick riding me this hard?

edit: LMFAOOO OOOH SHIT THATS MAD BROKEN!! What pq gives that, I want it! gonna study for my test for a few hours, then get in game, to get that z soul and turn off auto update. TIME TO CHEESE
(that dick rider Nordicus knows me a little too well...)

Korezo

Are you guys farming Online PQs for drops?

I tried to get Kararoot! skill to drop offline once. Hopped right online and got it on 3rd try

[edit] At least with me, offline RNG is absolutely miserable. I cant get anything to drop in there hardly.

I get no improved drop rates online.

Astral

Which is the Z soul that restores your ki after a kill and where do I get it. Maybe I'll farm for that a bit. It'll make other quests go by faster too.

patchday

Which is the Z soul that restores your ki after a kill and where do I get it. Maybe I'll farm for that a bit. It'll make other quests go by faster too.

That z-soul is awesome for missions where the plaeyr gets swarmed by multiple opponents. I'd chain that z-soul + recome's ultimate giant explosion. Was amazing

Beat the game at lv. 40. Damn fine story. Best DBZ game story ever by a large margin. Loved the whole latter points beyond the Buu saga. Excellent ending battles.

My Frieza melee fighter wrecked enemies throughout. Beat all the end fights in one try. Was quite happy with how it all came together. Loved Meteor Blow into a Racoome Kick. Big damage and that ATK boost

Nordicus

z76faqp.jpg

why is this random person I've never heard of dick riding me this hard?

edit: LMFAOOO OOOH SHIT THATS MAD BROKEN!! What pq gives that, I want it! gonna study for my test for a few hours, then get in game, to get that z soul and turn off auto update. TIME TO CHEESE
(that dick rider Nordicus knows me a little too well...)
Dick rider? I don't appreciate being called that. Also, it's impossible for me to do that because you don't have one

Top Bottom