• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

Energy Field is great against Super Electric Strike. With a bit of Ki to spare you can negate it entirely

Plus you're likely eating the whole stamina cost on it anyways so at least you won't get guard broken lol

Nordicus

Beat the game at lv. 40. Damn fine story. Best DBZ game story ever by a large margin. Loved the whole latter points beyond the Buu saga. Excellent ending battles.

My Frieza melee fighter wrecked enemies throughout. Beat all the end fights in one try. Was quite happy with how it all came together. Loved Meteor Blow into a Racoome Kick. Big damage and that ATK boost
Level 40 as melee fighter? Good job man.

I've tried doing teleport attacks into Recoome Kick but it very often misses by a hair. Is Meteor Blow consistently accurate for that?

Level 40 as melee fighter? Good job man.

I've tried doing teleport attacks into Recoome Kick but it very often misses by a hair. Is Meteor Blow consistently accurate for that?

Perform the Racoome kick the very moment you launch your enemy forward. You will hit every time. You can do the Racoome kick after any forward launching attack, including normal strikes.

My favorite all around combo was

5 strike forward launch into shift kick forward, then shift and wait for enemy to get close, use meteor blow to launch up and away, shift strike forward, finish with Racoome kick.

Could also do a 2nd forward launch strike and if I use Mach dash beforehand the speed boost would let me catch the enemy as they flew away to begin another combo.

Dick rider? I don't appreciate being called that. Also, it's impossible for me to do that because you don't have one

GpIT19S.jpg

TheIconizer

Neo Member
Farming Super Vegeta ability can be a pain. I've been at it for like a good 2 hours. Thing is he either dies or Frieza dies or he just won't transform. If he does (happened once) he wouldn't drop the ability. I don't even know if I can put up with this any longer. This is really bad RNG in my opinion and I don't like anything frustrating.

Varna

Just finished the game.

I started skipping a lot of cutscenes towards the end... stuff just got very cheesy. Basically just blasted through the last bit
After fighting Whis and Beerus
all the way to the end. Must have gained 5 levels or something.

I think I finished at 53 or 54. Human, meele/stamina focused. Though honestly I had to fall back on using Perfect Kamehameha A lot. Thing was still powerful as well with no points in special attacks.

out of curiousity, is big bang kamehameha an unlockable move in this game? also, can you choose which GT character to unlock with the dragon balls or is that also decided with rng?

convo

out of curiousity, is big bang kamehameha an unlockable move in this game? also, can you choose which GT character to unlock with the dragon balls or is that also decided with rng?

100x Big bang kamehameha is an unlockable. ss4 gogeta is always the first character of your wish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiSk4U9G0Hg

Short video of my melee combo's from awhile back. The one I did against Barter, the 20 hit combo, I meant to finish with Racoome Kick but messed it up lol. But could of used it there. Gives a general idea of what I tried to explain above.

Best thing about the game was being able to experiment with all the various moves to come up with improvised combo's using various skills. I think I'm going to redo my whole set again and try and make a new one.

The best move though I've found is Blue Hurricane. That move absolutely wrecks anyone truly caught in it. To the point to where I could take out Whis and Beerus with it in a single move if I caught them in the tornado quick enough. Move ended up being kind of a fall back plan if everything turned to shit.

ibwnRXWR9YPzWH.jpg

My end gear. Love the look of it all. Wanting to now get the whole Ultimate F suit.

Revven

Farming Super Vegeta ability can be a pain. I've been at it for like a good 2 hours. Thing is he either dies or Frieza dies or he just won't transform. If he does (happened once) he wouldn't drop the ability. I don't even know if I can put up with this any longer. This is really bad RNG in my opinion and I don't like anything frustrating.

Funny you bring this up, I decided to do that today and got it on my first attempt -- I got really lucky in the sense that Krillin died on Frieza's 100% form and then Goku showed up and Vegeta showed up like normal shortly after. Then I killed Frieza and Vegeta transformed. I was even doing this mission with randoms who had no idea I was trying to go for the hidden requirements and get Super Vegeta.

I've had really good RNG for stuff like that, I even got Kaioken x20 without many attempts for it at all.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Up to level 32 now on my human female melee build, managed to get to Vegeta's mastery quest but I can only get his last form down to his second health bar before dying. I need to use Kaioken x3 more often I think and just burn his health down faster, I have stamina up to 25 so I have 5 bars there.

I've had really good RNG for stuff like that, I even got Kaioken x20 without many attempts for it at all.

I managed to get x20 after a few tries. The first couple, I wasn't able to land the finishing blow on revived Goku. When I finally did manage to do it, I got the drop.

100x Big bang kamehameha is an unlockable. ss4 gogeta is always the first character of your wish.

So is regular big bang kamehameha. It's PQ 40 something I think.

ooh so you cant choose, but they give you the best one in the first go so thats dope. also cool, that you get the ult and normal one, I'm guessing the ult is 100x or whatever it was(don't remember if it was 100 or 1000).

Ambitious

For the live of me, I couldn't play any fighting games that's not Tekken or DOA, But this one is a breeze. Don't know about Budokai, but you can definitely build a character that focus on the timing than memorizing combo.

It feels good Instant Transmission and unleash barrages of energy balls pointblank at the enemy, almost just like in the comic book that Goku did to Cell.

Sounds good. I just wish there was a demo.

Finished the game at level 56. Fun ride, but I definitely need a break from all of the grinding. I'll pop it in again soon, I just need to play something else or I'm going to be dreaming of Kamehamehas.

Ok, I know nothing about DBZ. I'm 32 and watched a few episodes while I was teen in the hospital. I just played the first hour or so of this game at a friends house. I got addicted right away. Yet Amazon and every walmart\gamestop in the cincinnati ohio area is sold out so I caved in for the digital version. Downloading now. >.>

TheIconizer

Neo Member
Funny you bring this up, I decided to do that today and got it on my first attempt -- I got really lucky in the sense that Krillin died on Frieza's 100% form and then Goku showed up and Vegeta showed up like normal shortly after. Then I killed Frieza and Vegeta transformed. I was even doing this mission with randoms who had no idea I was trying to go for the hidden requirements and get Super Vegeta.

Ah lucky :) I got Super Vegeta 2 btw, just wanted to get this one too. I gave up already. Too bothersome. Don't even know what should I do to make him transform.

Nordicus

I've been using Burning Attack so much, yet only NOW I found a hidden feature in it

You know that long hand-motion "casting animation" you do with Burning Attack? You only need to do it once. If you have enough ki and mash the button, you can fire multiple Burning Attacks in short succession

Edit: don't mind me, it's just that recasting Burning Attack was maybe bit faster than I expected :-/

Lagamorph

Man, the online instability is the only thing spoiling this for me. Even in a single lobby, if the server bums out I get kicked to the title screen.

Just beat the Freiza saga, so now trying to get Super Saiyan from the PQ. But damn does Goku keep kicking my ass when he goes super.

Heroman

Banned
Man, the online instability is the only thing spoiling this for me. Even in a single lobby, if the server bums out I get kicked to the title screen.

Just beat the Freiza saga, so now trying to get Super Saiyan from the PQ. But damn does Goku keep kicking my ass when he goes super.
We should grind for SS together.

patchday

Now I'm only missing Vegito's gloves. I have a feeling the real Destiny Ball Z starts here.

If this were Destiny you'd only be allowed to grind for Vegito's outfit in a raid once a week :D

Why doesn't anyone want to buy this skill from the store? Save that energy for grinding something else

Korezo

Can anyone get the Ultimate finish on #39? Seems impossible for me even with taunt because no matter what Cell gets one shoted.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
If this were Destiny you'd only be allowed to grind for Vegito's outfit in a raid once a week :D

Why doesn't anyone want to buy this skill from the store? Save that energy for grinding something else

The thirst to get super saiyan as early as possible is real.

I've had good luck with that kind of stuff for the most part. Got it on my second try, though I had to do 3-4 attempts for the Z soul needed for Vegeta training. Just bought SS2 when I saw it.

I guess I should probably get Super Vegeta(/2) since I'm Ki focused but this has been getting the job done anyway.

Bogeypop

Which of the Fighting Poses ups Ki Blast Super damage?
Unless I was misinformed and there isn't one
I'd like to go farm it, and see how significant of a boost it gives.

Man, so PQ21 is kicking my ass. Once Goku and crew come in, all my NPC teammates die immediately and the three of them gang up on me...I seriously don't even have time to press a button in between their attacks. Any tips?

I'm a level 39 Saiyan with most of my points split between health and ki supers. Just beat the
Team up with Beerus
mission in story mode.

Corgi

Banned
How far into the dbz timeline does the story go?
all of dbz.

Holy shit... that survive getting the shit beaten out of ya by Buu.... reminds me of that horrid mission in Naruto ninja storm 3 where you have to fend off like a billion dudes.

I just don't get why japanese devs don't ever seem to get that 1v1 fighting game systems don't work at all with 1 versus many...

ST2K

Grinding for the Broly Z-Souls sure is fun. By which I mean, not at all. I haven't gotten any. All you need to do is get the ultimate finishes in the respective missions, right? I haven't had a single Z Soul drop despite playing... far more times than I'd like to admit.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
Grinding for the Broly Z-Souls sure is fun. By which I mean, not at all. I haven't gotten any. All you need to do is get the ultimate finishes in the respective missions, right? I haven't had a single Z Soul drop despite playing... far more times than I'd like to admit.

I got one of them.

In Japan to celebrate the release of 'Revival of F' movie tickets come with a download code for Goku's new costume in Dragon Ball: Xenoverse. I'm going to assume that this will be in a DLC pack for us.

Isn't Jaco supposedly in the 3rd DLC pack? Given his RoF cameo, I'm guessing that pack in general is going to be themed on the movie.

Nordicus

Man, Goku was really going for the time-out victory on 2 first times I sparred him. On third time I replaced my stamina recovery soul for ki recovery, which allowed for more Victory Rush spam. Aka the "Fuck your Super Armor" strike ultimate in my case

cHinzo

I was exactly like this. Then I decided to farm Vegito's clothes. I haven't played the game since then.

Durden77

This
Bardock
mission is bullshit. He keeps dying without much I can do about it because of the enemy numbers. Why don't team capsules work in the story? You have like no control over whether CPU allies live or die because You can't use capsules on them.

This
Bardock
mission is bullshit. He keeps dying without much I can do about it because of the enemy numbers. Why don't team capsules work in the story? You have like no control over whether CPU allies live or die because You can't use capsules on them.

Pack some larger AOE attacks. I dunno if you picked a Saiyan character but that's an easy solution since you can just spam ultimates, but if not you can just use standard attacks to build the bar and keep some enemies off Bardock then spam an AOE whenever you can. Just stick close to him at all times and spam like crazy. Unfortunately this is how I beat a lot of the harder missions.

Top Bottom