• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

Welfare

This
Bardock
mission is bullshit. He keeps dying without much I can do about it because of the enemy numbers. Why don't team capsules work in the story? You have like no control over whether CPU allies live or die because You can't use capsules on them.

In that mission when
he gets to half health
, his
"I will change the FUUTURE!"
line is so fucking funny it sounds like a parody.

patchday

The thirst to get super saiyan as early as possible is real.

I've had good luck with that kind of stuff for the most part. Got it on my second try, though I had to do 3-4 attempts for the Z soul needed for Vegeta training. Just bought SS2 when I saw it.

I guess I should probably get Super Vegeta(/2) since I'm Ki focused but this has been getting the job done anyway.

Ah, in my case on my first playthrough I was a Frieza. So it was no issue waiting :)

At least I understand why people keep trying to grind out that skill early now. Super Vegeta skill is the way to go for stronger ki blasts if you're not a striker, etc

This
Bardock
mission is bullshit. He keeps dying without much I can do about it because of the enemy numbers. Why don't team capsules work in the story? You have like no control over whether CPU allies live or die because You can't use capsules on them.

Recomes ultimate explosion + Wall of Defense. Cake!

Bad news: RNG! How long it takes you to farm these skills is entirely dependent on luck

Durden77

Pack some larger AOE attacks. I dunno if you picked a Saiyan character but that's an easy solution since you can just spam ultimates, but if not you can just use standard attacks to build the bar and keep some enemies off Bardock then spam an AOE whenever you can. Just stick close to him at all times and spam like crazy. Unfortunately this is how I beat a lot of the harder missions.

Finally just beat it using these tips, thanks. I'm a human but I still spammed Final Flash as much as could, and just simply got a little lucky. Pretty crappy mission.

Anyway finally finished the story for real!

Welfare

Finally just beat it using these tips, thanks. I'm a human but I still spammed Final Flash as much as could, and just simply got a little lucky. Pretty crappy mission.

Final Flash really helps deal with everything :D

Varna

hmmm still lvling up piccolo mentor. whats so good about it?

Can't be guarded. If you are a super saiyan you can spam the skill. The AI mostly likes to rush straight at you while you prep specials.

I'm torn on how to build my human...

Level 60 and I have about 78 points in stamina, 30 points in health and 50 in basic attacks. I want to branch out a bit into either strike attacks or ki blast...

massoluk

Banned
Finally beat the game as pointblank blaster at level 53. The final boss is a cakewalk. That 3-villain-3-heroes stage almost before it is much harder.

Corgi

Banned
a bit tired of rnging.... which skills are worth getting from the shop?

krillin's distructo disc spam been pretty good for me.

Snorlocs

I was on pq 20-something. beat cell. As I defeated him 2 cell jr's flew in. As I beat the 2 cell jr's cell got back up. As cell got back up ssj vegeta and full power frieza flew in to help him. I lost due to time running out. I am raging so fucking hard right now I actually woke the neighbours

hmmm still lvling up piccolo mentor. whats so good about it?

As Varna mentioned, it is unblockable. It's also a fast projectile speed, and tracks pretty heavily while powering up. It's really easy to win fights that are out of your league since the biggest factor when you're outmatched is the opponents ability to block your attacks, which SBC bypasses.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
I was on pq 20-something. beat cell. As I defeated him 2 cell jr's flew in. As I beat the 2 cell jr's cell got back up. As cell got back up ssj vegeta and full power frieza flew in to help him. I lost due to time running out. I am raging so fucking hard right now I actually woke the neighbours

LOL

I was so skeptical playing this game for a while, but I am in love with it now.

That's actually one of my favorite PQ's. Level up a bit and see the difference.

Corgi

Banned
As Varna mentioned, it is unblockable. It's also a fast projectile speed, and tracks pretty heavily while powering up. It's really easy to win fights that are out of your league since the biggest factor when you're outmatched is the opponents ability to block your attacks, which SBC bypasses.

aaand just got it. Holy shit is it great with SSJ and piccolo z soul.

it apparently was OP enough to beat up the rng system and Death Ball dropped the first time >.<

Snorlocs

Kid trunks says "come spar with me, my dad and gotenks". What he meant to say was me, my dad, goteks, majin buu, krillin, yamcha, tien, picolo, videl, hercule and whoever else cause I died after vegeta, k. trunks and f. trunks gangbanged me to death. Deleted the game.

Korezo

Kid trunks says "come spar with me, my dad and gotenks". What he meant to say was me, my dad, goteks, majin buu, krillin, yamcha, tien, picolo, videl, hercule and whoever else cause I died after vegeta, k. trunks and f. trunks gangbanged me to death. Deleted the game.

lmaoo what quest?

Is that the six(?) star mission Kid Trunks offers you in Toki Toki City? What a brutal mission that is. It'll be a long time before I can beat it.

That said, I really appreciate that the missions range from snooze-walk to Super Saiyan God-tier, making level, build efficiency, skills, and equipment relevant for a character's entire career.

No problem! Glad they helped. As a tip if you plan on trying to get Z ranks in your missions you want to make a Saiyan for spamming. Do PQ 53 twice, collecting the first three balls only, then farm PQ 52 and you can get a max level character in a little over a couple hours. You can build a crazy character using just Ki specials, Ki energy and health. I know it's cheap but for some of those Z ranks it's practically the only way to go.

Snorlocs

Is that the six(?) star mission Kid Trunks offers you in Toki Toki City? What a brutal mission that is. It'll be a long time before I can beat it.

That said, I really appreciate that the missions range from snooze-walk to Super Saiyan God-tier, making level, build efficiency, skills, and equipment relevant for a character's entire career.

Thats the one. Didn't even loo at the star rating to be honest. I was level 52 melee build

Snorlocs

The AI likes to cheese it on a lot of these things. I remember fighting Goku and Gohan at the same time and they were pissing super kamehamehas constantly.

Did a pq against them once and encountered the wall of kameha wave as well. Lost and never looked back at that pq. These streets are cold if you build for melee. Got death ball in one drop and can't even use it cause I have 5 points in ki blasts

Thats the one. Didn't even loo at the star rating to be honest. I was level 52 melee build

I think the key to actually beating it as a melee-oriented character is to understand blocks and dodges. Since I'm using a melee-oriented character and do not understand blocks and dodges... I have a ways to go.

Beating it solo is the biggest killer, for me. I really need Krillin and Yamcha backing me up as mobile punching bags to be truly effective. Items help too.

aaand just got it. Holy shit is it great with SSJ and piccolo z soul.

it apparently was OP enough to beat up the rng system and Death Ball dropped the first time >.<

Right?? Just a silly, silly ability that is kind of hurting my enjoyment of the game at the moment.

Welfare

Did a pq against them once and encountered the wall of kameha wave as well. Lost and never looked back at that pq. These streets are cold if you build for melee. Got death ball in one drop and can't even use it cause I have 5 points in ki blasts

Get the Dragon Balls and respec. I tried going for a melee build but jesus did that change halfway through the story.

Durden77

No problem! Glad they helped. As a tip if you plan on trying to get Z ranks in your missions you want to make a Saiyan for spamming. Do PQ 53 twice, collecting the first three balls only, then farm PQ 52 and you can get a max level character in a little over a couple hours. You can build a crazy character using just Ki specials, Ki energy and health. I know it's cheap but for some of those Z ranks it's practically the only way to go.

Was actually just about to start a new character, so this is useful stuff thanks! I'm gonna make a Saiyan, but I wanna make a Freiza race dude first but spec him like you stated. Do you think that's a bad idea for that race? I'd like my Saiyan to be a bit more balanced when I make 'em, even if it's not the optimal way.

Also would you say PQ52 is the best for farming Dragonballs? I still haven't found a good consistent quest for that. Been doing the prepare for the saiyans one because a time patroller shows up there pretty regularly, but I don't think I've gotten a dragonball from them.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

I forget what PQ number it is, but I had a pretty mind numbing failure. Starts off vs. Hercule who dies in like 2 hits, then yamcha/tien/krillen, then super saiyan vegeta/trunks, then piccolo/ssj goku/ssj gohan or something.

By the time the last wave of them come in my AI teammates were basically dead and trying to revive them was hell with those three BRUTALLY hitting me backwards and doing crazy combos off of eachother, making me literally unable to even mash out an ultimate. Finally I get one of them up while losing almost all of my health, the AI picked up the other teammate, I go down, we go into a cycle of revives, etc. By the time I downed everyone but Goku I didn't realize how much time that sucked up and saw he had about 10% health when there was about 5 seconds and in a mad rush rushed in to try and just blast him. I saw the slightest sliver possible remaining as I saw it go from 1 to 0 and I failed.

I think I went SSJ in real life afterwards.

Was actually just about to start a new character, so this is useful stuff thanks! I'm gonna make a Saiyan, but I wanna make a Freiza race dude first but spec him like you stated. Do you think that's a bad idea for that race? I'd like my Saiyan to be a bit more balanced when I make 'em, even if it's not the optimal way.

Also would you say PQ52 is the best for farming Dragonballs? I still haven't found a good consistent quest for that. Been doing the prepare for the saiyans one because a time patroller shows up there pretty regularly, but I don't think I've gotten a dragonball from them.

I'm not sure if it's the best but 12 seems nice. You start in an empty area where a patroller can show up straight ahead so you can restart if you don't get a dragonball.

Wait.. Gotenks is in that mission too? I end up losing after I get to the Goku/Gohan/Goten combo. They just spam Super Kamehamehas and destroy me. I'm Level 80. This is ridiculous.

Welfare

I had trouble with PQ 34, but not with Goku and Gohan. Psh they were pushovers
only got in a Kamehameha chain once

Nah my problem was Vegeta and Future Trunks. FUCK THEM.

Moneal

I had trouble with PQ 34, but not with Goku and Gohan. Psh they were pushovers
only got in a Kamehameha chain once

Nah my problem was Vegeta and Future Trunks. FUCK THEM.

especially when trunks does that upward blast and knocks you right into vegetas final flash.

Welfare

especially when trunks does that upward blast and knocks you right into vegetas final flash.

I almost lost because of something similar.

Vegeta knocks me into Trunks.
DISAPPEAR FOR GOOD
Get sent out and not upwards.
Final Flash gets me.

Bastard duo.

Top Bottom