• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

NinjaJesus

First time getting all 7 Dragonballs! Woop.

I suggest not getting the Clothes or accessory first lol

I went Characters, then clothes and accessory, then Ultimates and Supers. Should have done Clothes and Accessory last.

Your character can't turn into SSJ2, SSJ3, SSJ4, or SSJG in this game, right?

The Sayian transformations are SSJ, Super Vegeta (SSJ, but with Ki enhancements), SSJ2 and Super Vegeta 2. You can't go SSJ3/4/G.

Durden77

Earthling superiority!

2848832_h.gif

Stupid question time. All my friends are playing the hell out of this game and I am feeling left out all alone in the cold.

I cannot find a Day one edition anywhere. Am I going to be sad about not being able to find one? Is the extra stuff really that amazing?

Stupid question time. All my friends are playing the hell out of this game and I am feeling left out all alone in the cold.

I cannot find a Day one edition anywhere. Am I going to be sad about not being able to find one? Is the extra stuff really that amazing?

You're missing out on SS4 Vegeta and two Frieza Battle Suits so you're not missing much. Since you make your own character in the game I almost never find myself wanting to try the other characters. The suits don't seem important given the amount of armor you get in the game.

You're missing out on SS4 Vegeta and two Frieza Battle Suits so you're not missing much. Since you make your own character in the game I almost never find myself wanting to try the other characters. The suits don't seem important given the amount of armor you get in the game.

Excellent, thanks for the quick reply. I am looking forward to playing.

Tsunamo

Yeah in terms of armour buffs the suit is nothing compared to some of the other clothing you can obtain in-game. Like a bunch of pre-order bonus's they're only good for early-game buffs.

Clothes never affect anything enough to matter unless you're playing PvP at a high level. The preorder armours are nice if you're want skintight silver pants to rock the 60s with but otherwise you don't really gain much from them.

Well I'm finished with this game now, the difficulty is bullshit, the rng is bullshit and to top it off the game just glitched pq47 making it unplayable, it literally cannot be started as kid trunks no longer has the question mark above his head, hopefully next years or so resurrection of frieza game is better. Today was gonna be my last day on the game anyway but now I just leave in a sour note. And no I don't have a save backup as sony are too cheap to give more than 1gb of cloud space.

Well I'm finished with this game now, the difficulty is bullshit, the rng is bullshit and to top it off the game just glitched pq47 making it unplayable, it literally cannot be started as kid trunks no longer has the question mark above his head, hopefully next years or so resurrection of frieza game is better. Today was gonna be my last day on the game anyway but now I just leave in a sour note. And no I don't have a save backup as sony are too cheap to give more than 1gb of cloud space.

Sounds rough. I found the actual game to be super easy. The loot tables are a massive fuck you but they make me want to play more to unlock all the stuff I want.

As for the quests have you tried the PQ droids it might be there now.

In other.. More awesome news the modding community for this game is getting strong and producing some really good stuff

Sounds rough. I found the actual game to be super easy. The loot tables are a massive fuck you but they make me want to play more to unlock all the stuff I want.

As for the quests have you tried the PQ droids it might be there now.

In other.. More awesome news the modding community for this game is getting strong and producing some really good stuff

i'll admit PQs are easier when played online as the allied AI is just crap compared to the enemy AI. No joke Goku and Gohan hit me with repeated Kamehamehas in a row and kept spamming them throughout the level I was in. But the PQs just become brutal later on and some early one can be nasty too like 21 when Goku, Piccoolo and Teen Gohan show up. And I cant forget the server issues hampered me too even kicking me out of single player when I wasnt even using online at all.

The sad thing is, this game had potential and I gave it far more leeway than I normally do but yeah if i'm gonna play a DBZ game this year it will be either Legacy of Goku, Attack of the Saiyans or Budokai 3 HD

Pimpbaa

i'll admit PQs are easier when played online as the allied AI is just crap compared to the enemy AI. No joke Goku and Gohan hit me with repeated Kamehamehas in a row and kept spamming them throughout the level I was in. But the PQs just become brutal later on and some early one can be nasty too like 21 when Goku, Piccoolo and Teen Gohan show up. And I cant forget the server issues hampered me too even kicking me out of single player when I wasnt even using online at all.

The sad thing is, this game had potential and I gave it far more leeway than I normally do but yeah if i'm gonna play a DBZ game this year it will be either Legacy of Goku, Attack of the Saiyans or Budokai 3 HD

I still can't figure out something as broken as Goku and Gohan spamming kamehamehas got past testing. And being dumped back to the title screen during single player due to server issues is inexcusable. Do allied AI Saiyans even use their Super Saiyan transformations? I don't think I have ever seen it. Such major fuckups from what could have been a good game. Hope they fix their shit soon, especially the server issues.

So the Wild Rider costume claims that Bulma wore it while hunting for Dragonballs but I can't find a single picture of her ever having worn it. Can somebody confirm?

NeonZ

So the Wild Rider costume claims that Bulma wore it while hunting for Dragonballs but I can't find a single picture of her ever having worn it. Can somebody confirm?

Cover of volume 10 of the Dragonball manga.
thumb-563-db_10_web.jpg

She doesn't actually wear it in the story itself though, so it never appears in the anime. I think she also wears it in one of the chapter covers though.

It's from the original Dragonball Manga as a concept design and was in Intro/Ending of the original anime.

chp004.png

e; Was a little too late on this one, haha

FDC1

I got my first master trophy (krilin)

I was able to connect for the first time to the MP lobby this morning... for 5mn

Word, I just stopped playing story after the majin buu 5v1, waiting till im a really high lvl or something

Yeah that fight is ridiculous. Even worse are the broken Parallel Quests that NPCs give you in the city. You can only unlock them to play with friends by beating them alone, but they're harder alone. Seems ass-backwards. The Ultimate Spam the AI does in them is insane.

royox

I almost lost because of something similar.

Vegeta knocks me into Trunks.
DISAPPEAR FOR GOOD
Get sent out and not upwards.
Final Flash gets me.

Bastard duo.

Gohan catches me with super kame ha, when it is about to end Goku catches me with kame hame ha, when it is about to end Gohan catches me with super Kame hame ha...repeat till dead.

THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS.

I suggest not getting the Clothes or accessory first lol

I went Characters, then clothes and accessory, then Ultimates and Supers. Should have done Clothes and Accessory last.
I did all three characters and then clothes. The clothes are pretty neat, but yeah accessories should be last since no stat boost. The only character I liked from the 3 was Gogeta. Almost got another wish, so definitely going for Ultimate since I really like Minus.

Also, first comic.
hn5qkjt98rxxrterj3nv.jpg

Also difficulty is inconsistent. Frieza was harder than the Cell saga. Future Perfect Cell is kicking my butt though. He is level 41 is why I guess. I am at 35 now.

The only way to counter super saiyans spamming shit is to be a super saiyan spamming shit.

not at all. there are vanish cancels you can do as well as just basic regular vanishes you can do to get through things like death ball spam. I have had very few matches lost because someone was spaming as an ssj. there are more than a few ways to combat it but so many just get too sour & adopt "if you cant beat em join em" mentality instead of finding solutions =(

Also would you say PQ52 is the best for farming Dragonballs? I still haven't found a good consistent quest for that. Been doing the prepare for the saiyans one because a time patroller shows up there pretty regularly, but I don't think I've gotten a dragonball from them.

Prepare for the saiyans was decent for me...I got 5 in maybe 2 hours. Still haven't gotten the last two though. I hope the drop rates get increased in a patch.

Word, I just stopped playing story after the majin buu 5v1, waiting till im a really high lvl or something

Somehow I squeaked through this...I didn't read the conditions closely and thought I actually had to kill them all. Was slowly whittling away one at a time, nearly dead, and suddenly it ended....so relieved.

Man, so PQ21 is kicking my ass. Once Goku and crew come in, all my NPC teammates die immediately and the three of them gang up on me...I seriously don't even have time to press a button in between their attacks. Any tips?

I'm a level 39 Saiyan with most of my points split between health and ki supers. Just beat the
Team up with Beerus
mission in story mode.

But I still can't beat this. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Also would you say PQ52 is the best for farming Dragonballs? I still haven't found a good consistent quest for that. Been doing the prepare for the saiyans one because a time patroller shows up there pretty regularly, but I don't think I've gotten a dragonball from them.
PQ12 will have a time patroller on the first screen, so it is easiest to manipulate.
It will say "Got Key Item" when you get it.
I recorded one of my attempts just because Goku appears when I get Ginyu.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqMwUrEXwfg

kaiiri

mentor question. so far almost all of the mentors I've maxed with besides piccolo and gotenks (just need frieza and krill in left) ... have given me an extra z soul after sparring them after completing their last training. I assumed they all did that. am I just missing something with piccolo and gotenks?

Nordicus

But I still can't beat this. Can anyone offer any suggestions?
PQ 21 Cell games begin is one of the first genuinely tough Parallel Quests, even in co-op, so unless you feel like leveling and thus buffing up your NPC companions, the most you can do is have a full stock of All-Energy and All-Regen capsules and go from target to target dash attacking so that you get the most aggro. Then cross your fingers that you actually survive the onslaught.

I hear Hercule's ultimate is one big taunt, haven't tried.
mentor question. so far almost all of the mentors I've maxed with besides piccolo and gotenks (just need frieza and krill in left) ... have given me an extra z soul after sparring them after completing their last training. I assumed they all did that. am I just missing something with piccolo and gotenks?
I remember Piccolo sparring with me. Just do a few missions and talk to him and the green question mark will appear eventually. Sometimes it might be hidden because he first wants to give you something before asking for a spar

Corgi

Banned
I got like 4 dragon balls from that 1v1 frieza PQ on the exploding nemek.

I really do hope next year's sequel will allow SSJ hair customization. Give me custom normal moves etc.

Probably tweak some of the battle systems too so you aren't doing 1vs 10...

It's from the original Dragonball Manga as a concept design and was in Intro/Ending of the original anime.

chp004.png

e; Was a little too late on this one, haha

Ah, that is cool. Talk about your obscure references
Wish they would have included one of the many countless ones she wore in the show though

massoluk

Banned

I barely squeaked by that stage. Killed like 6 of them, ran out of healing capsule, bailed the fuck out running around the stage. Like 3 or 4 pixel left on my health bar when I was saved by the bell. :p

PQ 21 Cell games begin is one of the first genuinely tough Parallel Quests, even in co-op, so unless you feel like leveling and thus buffing up your NPC companions, the most you can do is have a full stock of All-Energy and All-Regen capsules and go from target to target dash attacking so that you get the most aggro. Then cross your fingers that you actually survive the onslaught.

I hear Hercule's ultimate is one big taunt, haven't tried. I remember Piccolo sparring with me. Just do a few missions and talk to him and the green question mark will appear eventually. Sometimes it might be hidden because he first wants to give you something before asking for a spar

Thanks...I've been focusing on one opponent at a time, maybe switching targets will help a bit.

Another quick question: if I complete story mode and create a new character, will all of the PQ progress remain intact from my current character and carry over?

So yeah been going on a Dragonball collection binge...

Wish Rankings

Good
Dress Up - Good stats for clothes
Get Stronger - Great Z-Souls if you know the recipe
Ultimate Attack & Super Attack - Both really strong
Usable Characters - The three with the highest stats
Bad
Rare Item - Cosmetic
Grow - Easier to grind quests
Second Chance at Life - It is getting your attribute points back
Drop-dead Gorgeous - Cosmetic
Ugly
Money - You can get Zeni easy in this game

Revven

I beat Super Saiyan Bargain Sale and the Kid Trunks PQ (forget its name) with my Earthling Melee build... you just have to play smart instead of always rushing in on them to melee them. It also helps to have a beam super with stupid invincibility (Perfect Kamehameha) for when you're being ganged up on by the AI as generally they're too stupid to back away from me when I'm in the startup of Perfect Kamehameha.

I also beat the story with the same build so the game isn't at all impossible to beat without SSJ spamming. It's probably easier for most people to resort to that tactic against the AI but it's not like the AI is a genius in this game. The AI is incredibly exploitable, at least until they manage to lock you into their ultimates (which happened to me once in the Bargain Sale, luckily I had tons of healing items with me lol).

For example, one way you can exploit the AI in the game to your advantage is when they're blocking. Instead of finishing your melee string all the way to the end, stop it half way and grab them. When thrown, dash towards them until they land on the ground again. Stand in front of them and block in place. Wait until they've completed their getup animation (so invinc. has worn off) and then grab at the right time. You can rinse and repeat this for free damage whenever you're facing just one AI. It can also help sometimes when you're facing more than one and you just need to get one away from you.

They never attempt to stop blocking and attack you when you're going for a throw in my experience.

Lagamorph

I think it's really shitty that him turning SS is random, and then the drop is random. It's a bit much.
He's only not turned super once, and that time my team was Goku and Full power Freiza. Every other time I take Goku and SSJ4 Vegeta and he's always transformed so long as I beat Krillin first.

Top Bottom