• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

Rizzi

Yeah, it's not worth spending all that time trying to get the SSJ skill to drop.
You're fucked if you want Super Vegeta though.

Sephzilla

The really low RNG for drops in this game is going to hurt long time replay-ability in my opinion. Needs a patch to up drop rates badly IMO.

N° 2048

RNGeezus was finally good to me. Got the last two Dragonballs last night doing PQ #2, two times in a row. Then got the Z-Soul to finish Vegeta's Mentoring doing PQ #5 about three times :)

I really want Super Vegeta 2 now. Don't see myself finishing the story quickly as I SUCK on anything more than 2 vs 1.

Nordicus

Just had the clutchest finish on PQ 47, the one that Trunks gives you, where you fight every Z-fighter ever.

I was hosting a room because I needed that Z-soul drop from that mission for Videl&Gohan. The initial fights went fine, but as expected, things got a bit hairy against the team of Goten, Goku and Mystic Gohan. I actually had to pop an energy capsule before beating SSJ3 Goku. I had only 2 on me for that mission.

I would have been fine quitting there because I didn't get the Z-soul from Videl anyway but... we triggered the bonus objective.

We go back in space and fight Gotenks, Goku and Vegeta like you normally would, but we take some hits. After beating them, Vegito pops up, and the first guy ragequits because he thought the mission was over already! Which is really dumb because we already beat the main objective and will get the rewards even if we die now. But my mentor Gohan comes to fill in for him! This is the second time I've seen mentor interfere. I pop my last energy capsule

Right after, Gotenks revives and the 2nd player ragequits. I have like 2 minutes left, in which I and my CPU mentor need to fight Gotenks, and super armor Vegito, which is an especially dangerous thing because of Spirit Sword, and Vegito preferring to stay close to Gotenks. Gohan doesn't last long, so I start spamming Victory Rush on near-dead Gotenks as hard as I can. It's not enough, time's running out and I can't regain ki fast enough from melee strikes nor get breathing room because Vegito is busy kicking me in the back. I settle for next best thing and start dishing out Evil Whirlwinds, which keeps them separated and I managed to kill Gotenks with 30 seconds left.

Then it's just my ki-less majin versus super-armor Vegito with 3rd of a health bar left. I do dash combos and hit&run as quickly as I can, trying not to get caught by Vegito while gathering enough Ki to burst damage him in time.

5-10 seconds left, my Evil Whirlwinds didn't do enough to kill him. Then he punches me a few times and I have just enough stamina and ki at that point that I managed to do a vanish, and a subsequent last resort Evil Whirlwind to his back.

I beat Vegito, alone, with the clock at 00"01. I didn't get any drops, but man that was satisfying. This would be one of my favorite PQs if it weren't necessary to first solo it.

Just had the clutchest finish on PQ 47, the one that Trunks gives you, where you fight every Z-fighter ever.

I was hosting a room because I needed that Z-soul drop from that mission for Videl&Gohan. The initial fights went fine, but as expected, things got a bit hairy against the team of Goten, Goku and Mystic Gohan. I actually had to pop an energy capsule before beating SSJ3 Goku. I had only 2 on me for that mission.

I would have been fine quitting there because I didn't get the Z-soul from Videl anyway but... we triggered the bonus objective.

We go back in space and fight Gotenks, Goku and Vegeta like you normally would, but we take some hits. After beating them, Vegito pops up, and the first guy ragequits because he thought the mission was over already! Which is really dumb because we already beat the main objective and will get the rewards even if we die now. But my mentor Gohan comes to fill in for him! This is the second time I've seen mentor interfere. I pop my last energy capsule

Right after, Gotenks revives and the 2nd player ragequits. I have like 2 minutes left, in which I and my CPU mentor need to fight Gotenks, and super armor Vegito, which is an especially dangerous thing because of Spirit Sword, and Vegito preferring to stay close to Gotenks. Gohan doesn't last long, so I start spamming Victory Rush on near-dead Gotenks as hard as I can. It's not enough, time's running out and I can't regain ki fast enough from melee strikes nor get breathing room because Vegito is busy kicking me in the back. I settle for next best thing and start dishing out Evil Whirlwinds, which keeps them separated and I managed to kill Gotenks with 30 seconds left.

Then it's just my ki-less majin versus super-armor Vegito with 3rd of a health bar left. I do dash combos and hit&run as quickly as I can, trying not to get caught by Vegito while gathering enough Ki to burst damage him in time.

5-10 seconds left, my Evil Whirlwinds didn't do enough to kill him. Then he punches me a few times and I have just enough stamina and ki at that point that I managed to do a vanish, and a subsequent last resort Evil Whirlwind to his back.

I beat Vegito, alone, with the clock at 00"01. I didn't get any drops, but man that was satisfying. This would be one of my favorite PQs if it weren't necessary to first solo it.
That's a remarkable story, wow.

And here I was wondering why I'd ever need 15 minutes to beat a mission. :/

void666

Banned
Whis and Beerus are kicking my ass hard. I need some training montage.

Question: How to unlock PQs? I read somewhere about farming PQ15 but i don't have it yet.

Question: How to unlock PQs? I read somewhere about farming PQ15 but i don't have it yet.

Story progression, mainly. There are some missions hidden until you complete them solo (no helpers) by talking to a quest-giver somewhere in Toki Toki City.

Once you beat them for the quest-giver they'll appear normally in the PQ roster.

Walk around town, look for people with blue question marks on their heads.

For PQ15, look for Kid Gohan

Respect

Can you send clothes as gifts? Have an 2 extra pair of vegito pants and one extra pair of vegito boots...still haven't had the chest or gloves drop

Maligna

Banned
I get all the complaining about the RNG in this game being too harsh, but I was thinking about it last night. If it was easier and you got all the drops in the game rather quickly, would you even want to continue playing? What's the motivation if there are no goals left? Nothing left to strive for. I think I'd drop off pretty quick.

As it stands I'm enjoying the hunt, I just don't take it too seriously.

I wish I would have realized that friendship could be increased using them as partners. I only been able to get them using EXP currently.

Probably going to do PQ2 or PQ15 instead of PQ12 because I am getting bored of PQ12.

Edit: I assume the drop rates suck since you share skills/items between characters.

I get all the complaining about the RNG in this game being too harsh, but I was thinking about it last night. If it was easier and you got all the drops in the game rather quickly, would you even want to continue playing? What's the motivation if there are no goals left? Nothing left to strive for. I think I'd drop off pretty quick.

Online games get longevity for being fun. Artificially increasing playtime is what third rate korean MMOs do, because otherwise as you said, people would get bored and leave.

You want stuff that players WANT to do again, not that they HAVE to do again because what they want has a 0.000005% drop rate. It's just bad design, specially when a lot of the time the conditions for you to even have a chance at getting what you want are completely out of your hands.

Sephzilla

The RNG in this game is extreme to the point where plenty of people are going to give up simply due to frustration.

Revven

LOL. This game seems more and more like a F2P aftertought.

They thought it was a smart idea to tie leaderboards to Parallel Quests, as if people would be interested in trying to get high scores in them meaning every time you do a PQ it's recording your "new" score to the leaderboards even though you're in the single lobby. It's more of a combination of them not thinking to give you an option to completely opt out of connecting to any servers (even leaderboards) and them getting an unexpected amount of traffic for their game.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I did all three characters and then clothes. The clothes are pretty neat, but yeah accessories should be last since no stat boost. The only character I liked from the 3 was Gogeta. Almost got another wish, so definitely going for Ultimate since I really like Minus.

Also, first comic.
hn5qkjt98rxxrterj3nv.jpg

Also difficulty is inconsistent. Frieza was harder than the Cell saga. Future Perfect Cell is kicking my butt though. He is level 41 is why I guess. I am at 35 now.

I actually had the easiest time with the Majin saga while I got stuck in certain spots for other parts. I had the most trouble with that stupid ass Ginyu controlled fight inside the ship.

I had the most trouble with that stupid ass Ginyu controlled fight inside the ship.
Same. I found pumping all my points in Ki Super made it really easy since that made the minions really easy to kill. Thinking of going last 3 stats 75 each.
Do not see a real point pumping into Ki since it takes forever to charge and you can cheat it using the 1st Frieza's Z-Soul.

The Frieza class is best going really quick.

Points in Ki are pointless since you'll naturally gain it over levels.

My lvl 40 human has 4 Ki bars with no points nor Ki equipment, should probably give me 5 bars by the time I hit 80

Omni

RNG rewards are stupid.

If you complete bonus objectives and get certain ranks, you should get the rewards. I've farmed that stupid Cell Jr. mission for hours trying to get the full set of Goku's Yardrat clothes or whatever they're called. Ridiculous.

Don't even get me started on the dragon balls. RNG in RNG. Christ. And to get the full roster you HAVE to grind that shit for hours. Blah

Sephzilla

RNG rewards are stupid.

If you complete bonus objectives and get certain ranks, you should get the rewards. I've farmed that stupid Cell Jr. mission for hours trying to get the full set of Goku's Yardrat clothes or whatever they're called. Ridiculous.

Don't even get me started on the dragon balls. RNG in RNG. Christ. And to get the full roster you HAVE to grind that shit for hours. Blah

Yeah, the shit where it's RNG on top of RNG is what really pisses me off - like the PQ where you need Goku to go SSJ1

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Same. I found pumping all my points in Ki Super made it really easy since that made the minions really easy to kill. Thinking of going last 3 stats 75 each.
Do not see a real point pumping into Ki since it takes forever to charge and you can cheat it using the 1st Frieza's Z-Soul.

The Frieza class is best going really quick.

Maximum Charge is pretty solid to get from the store, made a huge difference for my Saiyan. Not positive when it first appears though.

Gbraga

This game's RNG is way too extreme though. If you meet the requirements for the secret bosses, then you should get the secret bosses, why is there RNG involved in this? Such bullshit.

The game is great though, I really enjoy the battle system, so redoing the same quests over and over again is indeed fun.

But they should provide harder end game PQs and more ballanced PVP instead of making you keep grinding easy quests just because the drops are ridiculously rare.

This game's RNG is way too extreme though. If you meet the requirements for the secret bosses, then you should get the secret bosses, why is there RNG involved in this? Such bullshit.

The game is great though, I really enjoy the battle system, so redoing the same quests over and over again is indeed fun.

But they should provide harder end game PQs and more ballanced PVP instead of making you keep grinding easy quests just because the drops are ridiculously rare.

the major issue is that there is an RNG on top of an RNG. 1 rng is bad enough as it is.

I wish they balanced things on ps4

i wish they fixed their shit servers and balanced moves. z souls are fine as it is(except for that broken one that heals you completely after 1 punch(which is the one i shall be grinding for tmrw) ), cause z souls should only be allowed in pqs, they should be turned off along with items when you do pvp.

Gbraga

the major issue is that there is an RNG on top of an RNG. 1 rng is bad enough as it is.

i wish they fixed their shit servers and balanced moves. z souls are fine as it is(except for that broken one that heals you completely after 1 punch(which is the one i shall be grinding for tmrw) ), cause z souls should only be allowed in pqs, they should be turned off along with items when you do pvp.

I also think levels should be ignored. Each race should have default PVP stats and only your equips and skills would make a difference.

Maybe Endless Matches could be full retard, but Player and Ranked with this limitation or something like that.

void666

Banned
Story progression, mainly. There are some missions hidden until you complete them solo (no helpers) by talking to a quest-giver somewhere in Toki Toki City.

Once you beat them for the quest-giver they'll appear normally in the PQ roster.

Never tried to solo a PQ. I'll give it a try.

Walk around town, look for people with blue question marks on their heads.

For PQ15, look for Kid Gohan

I assumed he was a mentor so i've been ignoring him.

Thanks guys.

Corgi

Banned
I want to see some high level non super saiyan gameplay. There are a lot of buus and friezas in this thread... show me your skillz :)

OptimusLime

I actually had the easiest time with the Majin saga while I got stuck in certain spots for other parts. I had the most trouble with that stupid ass Ginyu controlled fight inside the ship.

That one is really pissing me off right now. Stupid Krillan and Gohan keep getting themselves killed off before I can KO 20 baddies.

Follow Kirllin and Gohan and hit whatever is trying to kill them instead of just going for any Frieza's soldiers you can find, it makes the PQ pretty easy

That one is really pissing me off right now. Stupid Krillan and Gohan keep getting themselves killed off before I can KO 20 baddies.

Spam Milky Cannon.

And then realize how incredibly awesome that move is and track Ginyu down so you can get that move permanently ASAP.

Never tried to solo a PQ. I'll give it a try.

As a note, all PQs you pick up by talking to Z-warriors in the town are solo-only affairs the first time around.

Have fun with PQs 32 and 47.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I'm playing as meele focused human and I'm not finding the game super challenging either. Some of the PQs have their moments though.

Same build for me and I'm having a similar experience as you, but I'm not as far in the game yet. Only around level 35 or so, most of my points are in Basic Attack with a few points in Ki to get me another bar, another 25 or so in stamina to get me another 2 bars there, and the rest in health. The hardest mission for me so far was Vegeta's last mastery training mission but I was able to get through that eventually with hit and run tactics. I have yet to face anyone that's super spammy yet though, I expect I'll have to do a similar strategy. Maybe even resort to flying around to dodge to get a few hits and a throw in with the occasional super/ultimate, then repeat as needed.

Top Bottom