• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

I also think levels should be ignored. Each race should have default PVP stats and only your equips and skills would make a difference.

Maybe Endless Matches could be full retard, but Player and Ranked with this limitation or something like that.

ah yea levels as well, I completely forgot about that. they should have like some type of algorithm that puts you to max level and detects what your stats are and put the points as so. so lets say me build is hp>ki>ki blast>basic attack>and so on, dumping all points into whatever you like most and going through them in that order. that is assuming that you get a few 99s in the game, i don't have a character maxed level yet. but regardless, you know(hopefully) what i mean, more or less.

'

man frieza race has pretty baller normal attack combo
The race mostly goes well with speed attacks + a Super to finish the combo. Freeze Ki makes it easier to land a combo.
The huge speed makes dodging way easier which I like.

Also what counts as beating the story mode? After Buu saga?

Gbraga

ah yea levels as well, I completely forgot about that. they should have like some type of algorithm that puts you to max level and detects what your stats are and put the points as so. so lets say i have more my rank is hp>ki>ki blast>basic attack>and so on, dumping all points into whatever you like most and going through them in that order. that is assuming that you get a few 99s in the game, i don't have a character maxed level yet. but regardless, you know(hopefully) what i mean, more or less.

So basically, the game balances your stats, but respects your build? That would be pretty cool.

So basically, the game balances your stats, but respects your build? That would be pretty cool.

yes yes exactly that. I'm sure they could pull it off but I doubt they'll bother. maybe, MAYBE they'll do it for the sequel but for this one? they'd tell us all to fuck right off, "go buy the season pass instead, you bitch!" is also what they'll say.

TheIconizer

Neo Member
The only way to counter super saiyans spamming shit is to be a super saiyan spamming shit.

To be honest there is a lot of truth in that, but you make an Anti-Saiyan character. I just don't like how Saiyans are hated now because of this. My first character is a Saiyan. I built him balanced so I can have fun, but if you want to beat spammers you always have to master the game itself. I know it's kind of unfair.

Is instant transmission worth an attack slot? It's pretty cool but it's kinda slow.

If you are willing to put up with it's learning curve then sure. It needs some mastering and timing. I'm still learning how to use it right.

Watching many videos and putting points into basic attack does make sense.

So I think my Freiza build will be:
Health - 0
Ki - 0
Stamina - 30
Basic Attack - 75
Strike Super - 60
Ki Blast Super - 75

Got to respec, but will not change the build much since I only put 10 in health so I am going to wait until the end to do that.

Korezo

I hate people that spam that android green electric strike ultimate on online missions... that stupid move cancels out other people projectiles.

So, I drunk bought this last night after watching people stream it since launch. I've only seen maybe 5 dbz episodes in my life but still really love this game. I'm level 17 now and its just a blast... However is there a way to change my stat points? I think I've wasted some. =[

So, I drunk bought this last night after watching people stream it since launch. I've only seen maybe 5 dbz episodes in my life but still really love this game. I'm level 17 now and its just a blast... However is there a way to change my stat points? I think I've wasted some. =[
You can via Dragonballs. It takes about an hour to get all 7 though.
Although at level 17 you can redeem yourself pretty easy. PQ2, PQ12, and PQ15 are the best ones to farm.

Ok thanks. I won't worry about it for now. I think there are probably better uses for dragon balls for me since I'm going for the plat trophy :D
Definitely get Gogeta. Makes the first 30 PQs really easy. Plus you get EXP despite whoever you choose. Apparently you get more going solo, but I haven't tried that yet.

Although at level 17 you can redeem yourself pretty easy. PQ2, PQ12, and PQ15 are the best ones to farm.

Ok thanks. I won't worry about it for now. I think there are probably better uses for dragon balls for me since I'm going for the plat trophy :D

Holy crap, just watched the first episode of Dragon Ball... Besides the fact that the audio is terrible on funimation's version the show is so cute. Lil Goku ftw.

NinjaJesus

I hate my life right now lol

Finally got Beerus to show up in town...sit there taking dumb screenshots out of disbelief...

Y6pv8MT.jpg
Finally start talking to him and as soon as I accept him as my mentor, I get disconnected...

Why, DBX? Why?

Gbraga

I hate my life right now lol

Finally got Beerus to show up in town...sit there taking dumb screenshots out of disbelief...

Finally start talking to him and as soon as I accept him as my mentor, I get disconnected...

Why, DBX? Why?

Oh, come on, hahahahahaha

Dimps, pls :')

Holy crap, just watched the first episode of Dragon Ball... Besides the fact that the audio is terrible on funimation's version the show is so cute. Lil Goku ftw.
Dragon Ball is pretty awesome because it is set more in reality than later DBZ does and has charming characters.
I like DBZ for the most part, but the pacing is what holds the series back. The games do a better job presenting the story.
Don't watch GT, just don't. The original series creator had nothing to do with it.

But dont bother respeccing til post story. I beat the story and secret saga with a bad Frieza build. I was stat'ed with a focus for Ki Blasts which apparently Frieza clan shouldn' t do? So I respecced him last night for strikes and basic attack.
The thing with the Frieza build is that you do not need much Ki to really use them. Most of their moveset is based on attacks and ending with a super, hence the gear putting more emphasis on Basic Attack and Attack Strike. You can gauge how the game wants you to do stats by looking at gear.
The best thing about the game is you can go against the game's wishes since Frieza clan's Ki Supers work just fine.
Saiyan is the only race that needs a heavy Ki bar since the transformations rely on having a big bar if you aren't willing to sacrifice a Z-Soul. 4-5 bars for every other race gets the job done.

patchday

Definitely get Gogeta. Makes the first 30 PQs really easy. Plus you get EXP despite whoever you choose. Apparently you get more going solo, but I haven't tried that yet.

I farmed PQ12. I don't see how anything could ever beat it for Dragonball farming. Time patroller has a chance to spawn right at the beginning. He spawns like 1/6 tries. Problem is he only has a Dragonball like 1/0 (10% chance).

If he's not there you hit retry
If you pop him. Wait for both messages. If neither message says "You found a Key Item". You hit retry

But dont bother respeccing til post story. I beat the story and secret saga with a bad Frieza build. I was stat'ed with a focus for Ki Blasts which apparently Frieza clan shouldn' t do? So I respecced him last night for strikes and basic attack.

[edit] I'd say it might've taken me almost an hour to farm the two dragonballs I needed. And I reemphasize I beat the story with a below average Frieza build. But the ki blasts probably helped with giant explosion and such. And higher health helped with Wall of Defense. Cant imagine running a 0 health build but would love to see twitch/videoes!!!

N° 2048

Whoever said low level Time Patrollers don't drop Dragonballs was very wrong.

Got my last two Dragonballs from level <10 and Level 1 Time Patollers lol

Debunked!

Korezo

Dragon Ball is pretty awesome because it is set more in reality than later DBZ does and has charming characters.
I like DBZ for the most part, but the pacing is what holds the series back. The games do a better job presenting the story.
Don't watch GT, just don't. The original series creator had nothing to do with it.

When I was younger I didn't like Dragonball because I started off with Z and found Z much more entertaining with better characters. But now I want to watch dragonball and GT since those series are shorter than DBZ and Ill be able to get through them fast. I'm just hopping for a bluray release for dragonball.

Heroman

Banned
When I was younger I didn't like Dragonball because I started off with Z and found Z much more entertaining with characters. But now I want to watch dragonball and GT since those series are much shorter than DBZ and I can get through them faster... I'm just hopping for a bluray release for dragonball.
Don't watch gt.

I wasn't but its only like 60 episodes.
If you can endure licensed Dragonball fanfiction, then I guess you can.

The real problem is Dragonball was made when the manga was done, so there is not much filler. Dragonball Z was made when the manga was being written, so there is much more padding.

I would even say the Dragonball Online/Xenoverse story is at least funny fanfiction lore.

It will be funny if Naruto winds up like DB and gets an unofficial third arc.

patchday

I quit Dragonball GT right at the beginning!!! The premise is so messed up! Totally undoes Dragonball Z from what I could tell!

Watch it, I hate when people don't even try it. If you like it, continue, if not stop watching it but please don't avoid it because one guy on the internet said so.

I forced myself to try and watch as much as possible just so I could see where the story went in the end but even then watch it and see if you like it doesn't really work with GT. The first 20 or so episodes have a completely different vibe to the rest of the show and it endlessly seemed to be trying to figure out what it wanted to take after, DB or Z. The final storyline is rushed through extremely fast too. The whole thing just feels like a failed experiment.

Dammit, I spent two hours trying to get Goku to go SSJ. He didn't transform once... I know I am supposed to take out Krillin first, but is there anything else?

PQ: Legandary Super Saiyan (I think this was the name, at work atm.)

You forgot the most important part!
Pray to RNGesus

SeZMehK

Dammit, I spent two hours trying to get Goku to go SSJ. He didn't transform once... I know I am supposed to take out Krillin first, but is there anything else?

N° 2048

I gave up and bought Super Saiyan at the shop :p

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

I find I have the most luck triggering all the hidden conditions on a PQ and getting the more rare drops if I'm playing for a high score and am the one making the final blow on at least the important targets (ideally with a super or ultimate attack). If you're not on track for a S or Z ranking, it seems like you're much less likely to get the last conditions to trigger. I managed to get the Kaioken x20 drop the first time I managed to put the final blow on revived Goku in PQ9, but in previous attempts the AI put in the final blow before I could do it and never got the drop.

I also read that the drop frequency increases if you're playing online.

When I was younger I didn't like Dragonball because I started off with Z and found Z much more entertaining with better characters. But now I want to watch dragonball and GT since those series are shorter than DBZ and Ill be able to get through them fast. I'm just hopping for a bluray release for dragonball.
Dragon Ball is absolutely worth it. I personally prefer it over Z.

Is it heresy to watch those abridged DBZ seasons? This game has put me in the mood to watch for the first time since I stopped (maybe 15 years ago). I just don't have the time or patience for 5 episodes of dudes powering up anymore.

Sephzilla

Is it heresy to watch those abridged DBZ seasons? This game has put me in the mood to watch for the first time since I stopped (maybe 15 years ago). I just don't have the time or patience for 5 episodes of dudes powering up anymore.

Go for it, Abridged is the superior english dub anyway

Dragon Ball Z Abridged honestly stopped being abridged a long time ago. It might as well be an alternative way of watching the series. The better way. :p

XiaNaphryz

If you've never seen Abridged, go through all of the ones out first. They have Kai eps to summarize each major arc as well as some movies done too.

Dragon Ball Z Abridged honestly stopped being abridged a long time ago.

It seems like it, but they still manage to cover at least a few episodes in even the slower moving eps. That's still abridged enough. ;P

DeaviL

Banned

I got it the first time i defeated him... (the technique as well)
Wonder if someone has found the % drop chances yet.

Lagamorph

GT isn't all bad.
It gave us older Pan. Just criminally underused and never developed her.

Don't bother with the GT 'movie' though. That really is utter garbage.

Dragon Ball is absolutely worth it. I personally prefer it over Z.
Me too. I like both honestly though. DB more for the mixing of comedy and fights and DBZ more for the flashy fights.

Also I will give you Pan as a good thing about GT. Still comes off really fanfiction with the Dragon Balls plot.

Edit: The Abridged series does pretty well to summarize the plot in a way that does not have much filler. I highly suggest it.

SeZMehK

You forgot the most important part!
Pray to RNGesus
I always pray to the RNGods.

I gave up and bought Super Saiyan at the shop :p

I've never seen it in the shop. >.<

I find I have the most luck triggering all the hidden conditions on a PQ and getting the more rare drops if I'm playing for a high score and am the one making the final blow on at least the important targets (ideally with a super or ultimate attack). If you're not on track for a S or Z ranking, it seems like you're much less likely to get the last conditions to trigger. I managed to get the Kaioken x20 drop the first time I managed to put the final blow on revived Goku in PQ9, but in previous attempts the AI put in the final blow before I could do it and never got the drop.

I also read that the drop frequency increases if you're playing online.

I've only tried the PQ online.

Oh well, I will try again tonight. Hopefully I can catch the skill in the shop soon. Lol.

I have heard if you manage to beat someone using a Super Attack, you get a higher % of getting a drop. IDK if that is true or not, but it is worth trying at least.

XiaNaphryz

Oh, is DBZ Abridged parody videos? Krillin sounds like I remember, but Goku sounds like a 16 year-old kid.

Yep, parody vids. It starts out a bit rough, but gets really good over time. The voice actors generally do a good job sounding like the official dub voices, but take liberties with certain characters because of how they're portraying them.

Yep, parody vids. It starts out a bit rough, but gets really good over time. The voice actors generally do a good job sounding like the official dub voices, but take liberties with certain characters because of how they're portraying them.

Ah, ok. Goku asked Piccolo if he's a Yoshi, and asked to ride him, and it's really turning me off of watching these.

Top Bottom