• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

Alright I'll stick with it. They're going for such a different thing, it robs the experience of the nostalgia I was looking for.

I'm getting to the Vegeta/Nappa stuff now.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Alright I'll stick with it. They're going for such a different thing, it robs the experience of the nostalgia I was looking for.

I'm getting to the Vegeta/Nappa stuff now.

It gets more bearable in the latter part of the Saiyan arc, but really hits its stride with the Namek arc.

Nordicus

I've never seen it in the shop. >.<
Play through Future Androids Saga

Edit:

I tried out how to add people you know outside of the game as your favorites/contacts in game. If you have played with them even once, through an invite or otherwise, they will appear in the "Recently played with" list in the Timespace Delivery spot. From there you can favorite them by checking their character profile even if you're on different servers or in an (online) singleplayer lobby. Then you can create parties in multiplayer server and stick together even after PQs and battles end.

Sadly, the AI for your friends' CaC characters is just as bad as it is with every normal one. For some odd reason I expected more.

So I did an experiment.
PQ15 solo and with a team gave the same experience (3148), but rank A for solo and B for team. So that was interesting.

Bogeypop

So I did an experiment.
PQ15 solo and with a team gave the same experience (3148), but rank A for solo and B for team. So that was interesting.

I'm starting to think it might have something to do with the team's overall health. I tested only bringing one AI partner instead of two and the Ultimate Finish requirements seemed to trigger more often.

PQ 02 whatever its called is awesome for farming dragon balls. at the start you just kill 3 guys in easily, under a minute. Then a time traveler might appear near the house afterwards. It seems to be a high spawn rated. Just got 3 dragon balls in 20 minutes. Youtube video claimed that if he gave me a dragon ball it would say I got a key item, it never said that. It always said I got material yet at the end I got dragon balls.

PQ 02 whatever its called is awesome for farming dragon balls. at the start you just kill 3 guys in easily, under a minute. Then a time traveler might appear near the house afterwards. It seems to be a high spawn rated. Just got 3 dragon balls in 20 minutes. Youtube video claimed that if he gave me a dragon ball it would say I got a key item, it never said that. It always said I got material yet at the end I got dragon balls.
I think Material can be a Dragon Ball, but Key Item definitely is one.
More often than not Material is a Hercule Badge.

Astral

It says Material Item and then Key Item afterwards. You may have just missed it. PQ 12 is also good apparently. I haven't tried farming them yet.

massoluk

Banned
I don't understand how so many developers are still making such a bad and slow match making system. Gamespy figured all these shit out decades ago.

Philtastic

Since I already went through the effort of uploading this for the XenoVerse DF comparison thread, I thought that I'd post it here as well. I recorded a video playing the Raditz story mission at 4K downsampled to 2048x1152 with 16x AF, depth of field off, glare low, FXAA on but I only moderately compressed it so that people could actually see details which are usually blurred in Youtube videos. Unfortunately, that means that this video is rather large for 2.5 minutes (727 MB - 1/3 the original video's size) so I'm not actually expecting many of you to watch this but, if you were curious as to what this looks like in motion, download the following movie (don't watch it in the in-browser video player: it's worse than Youtube). My framerate while not recording is 50-60 fps but recording shaves off 15-20 fps. It's about 45 fps in the video:

http://1drv.ms/1aWo5BJ

Want to see a video of someone beating pq34 with a melee build.
I think I'm going to try this with my saiyan that's not spec'ed for melee at all but I do enjoy a challenge!

Korezo

Omg just need 6 more skills for full completion and then I can put this game away forever... Still no damn electric field drop in 4 days...

patchday

Play through Future Androids Saga

Edit:

I tried out how to add people you know outside of the game as your favorites/contacts in game. If you have played with them even once, through an invite or otherwise, they will appear in the "Recently played with" list in the Timespace Delivery spot. From there you can favorite them by checking their character profile even if you're on different servers or in an (online) singleplayer lobby. Then you can create parties in multiplayer server and stick together even after PQs and battles end.

Sadly, the AI for your friends' CaC characters is just as bad as it is with every normal one. For some odd reason I expected more.

huh? I didnt know this.

I'm confused what you mean about the party sticking together after the PQ ends

You mean if I am playing with 'actual people' on my favorites after the Online PQ ends we can stick together? That's sweet. I know in Online Battles the session remains but its annoying in Online PQs it does not. Online PQs need that the most! People want to farm together!!!

MDave

This game looks really good on PC (60fps 4K soooo good).

Playing a Frieza Race with the Goku Super Saiyan wig is hilarious.

Nordicus

huh? I didnt know this.

I'm confused what you mean about the party sticking together after the PQ ends

You mean if I am playing with 'actual people' on my favorites after the Online PQ ends we can stick together? That's sweet. I know in Online Battles the session remains but its annoying in Online PQs it does not. Online PQs need that the most! People want to farm together!!!
Yes. The option to "register a team" was there and I've even used it in multiplayer lobby, but without having people listed as favorites, you needed to actually find their character in the lobby to favorite them for later and/or form a team. I had a PvP buddy with whom I was never in the same lobby, so I had no way to favorite him until I checked Timespace Delivery

When you're a team, once the team leader picks a PQ, the other 2 members get alerted and can join immediately as they approach the Online PQ counter, and the team will persist after it ends.

patchday

Yes. The option to "register a team" was there and I've even used it in multiplayer lobby, but without having people listed as favorites, you needed to actually find their character in the lobby to favorite them for later and/or form a team. I had a PvP buddy with whom I was never in the same lobby, so I had no way to favorite him until I checked Timespace Delivery

When you're a team, once the team leader picks a PQ, the other 2 members get alerted and can join immediately as they approach the Online PQ counter, and the team will persist after it ends.

Thanks!!

Has anyone figured out how the name filtering system works yet because it seems amazingly arbitrary. I consider myself a person of the world, seen my share of things, heard my share of slang, but for the life me I couldn't figure out why I wasn't allowed to name my character "Viol" even checked on Urban Dictionary to see if there was some really gross term I wasn't aware of but nope, nothing. Yet the game seems to have no problem when I run into a time patroller named "DICK8===D" so I'm not exactly sure I understand....

Hmm, DBXV CTDed on exit and seems to have borked my mouse sensitivity settings. What a bother.

The good news is that today's the first time since launch that I was able to play online PQs! Hooray!

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
do the Races make alot of difference beside visually

Nordicus

Quite a lot, actually. Basic stats are affected, attack strings are different, some special moves are exclusive to a race, and they have different racial bonuses.

I'm very much oversimplifying this, but in single word, the strengths of each race:

Saiyans: shooty
Humans: punchy
Majin: tanky
Namekians: slippery
Frieza Clan: speedy
KToClIa.jpg
hQ6JIGg.jpg

Race is an important choice in character creation. Aside from just appearance, their attack combos look different (though I can't recall if the combos themselves change). Some races have access to different equipment and even skills, like Saiyans being exclusively able to use Super Saiyan, or Majins using Buu's moves. Gender even plays a role for some equipment, but the stat boosts from equipment in general (excluding z-souls) is largely inconsequential.

So, yes, it makes a big difference depending on how you plan to build a character. That said, a vast majority of equipment and skills are usable by all races.

NinjaEdit: Whoops; I forgot to mention the stat bonuses each race/gender gets. The character creation screen explains those clearly.

Muzicfreq

Banned
Quite a lot, actually. Basic stats are affected, attack strings are different, some special moves are exclusive to a race, and they have different racial bonuses.

I'm very much oversimplifying this, but in single word, the strengths of each race:

Namekians are just slugs ;D

This image pisses me off because they changed the Majin's passive from being maxed out Ki to being maxed out Stamina. Keeping stamina capped off is so hard, Majins would have been so much better if they could actually count on their bloody tankiness

Namekians: poopy

Varna

Wish humans had a interesting transformation... Kaioken x20 is basically worthless in most encounters. In PVP is basically a giant DON'T ENGAGE ME IN MEELE sign. In PVE it's over far too quickly to take advantage of (plus enemies just have infinite evade moves anyways).

Nordicus

Namekians are just slugs ;D
nord4Fi.jpg

This image pisses me off because they changed the Majin's passive from being maxed out Ki to being maxed out Stamina. Keeping stamina capped off is so hard, Majins would have been so much better if they could actually count on their bloody tankiness

The picture also doesn't mention the occasional 1 hit of super armor Majins get. You can see when it's on by a slight Z-soul-esque aura effect except pink. I've not explicitly tested whether that's tied to stamina too or is just on cooldown after broken, but what I do know, is that when it's combined with auto-guard, it turns quite gross. As in, can't throw you nor break your guard with charged heavy attacks gross.

To be honest if I saw that image I would have probably just made a Saiyan given they don't seem to have much of a downside. The other races seem to be kind of an afterthought; especially given the lack of transformations.

patchday

What's the best PQ to level up Mentors?

PQ None :(

nord4Fi.jpg

The picture also doesn't mention the occasional 1 hit of super armor Majins get. You can see when it's on by a slight Z-soul-esque aura effect except pink. I've not explicitly tested whether that's tied to stamina too or is just on cooldown after broken, but what I do know, is that when it's combined with auto-guard, it turns quite gross. As in, can't throw you nor break your guard with charged heavy attacks gross.
Being trying to figure out how to control this on my Majin. Maybe it's when she's full stamina. Cause I've noticed there's times she tanks a hit like a boss that would knockdown my Saiyan

To be honest if I saw that image I would have probably just made a Saiyan given they don't seem to have much of a downside. The other races seem to be kind of an afterthought; especially given the lack of transformations.
It's such a pity Frieza clansmen don't have their transformations, didn't even need all 4, just let me have whatever the fuck full powered Frieza is. Majins could have an "Evil Buu" form as well

There's always the sequel for that, I guess

Nordicus

I thought it was tied to their stamina passive?

Being trying to figure out how to control this on my Majin. Maybe it's when she's full stamina. Cause I've noticed there's times she tanks a hit like a boss that would knockdown my Saiyan
Did quick testing. It's 1 blow every 20 seconds. It comes back even if you keep your stamina near the bottom the whole duration

The pink effect might be only the defensive stamina buff

Muzicfreq

Banned
ok. got all the Dragon's Balls. Bout to go erect him from them. What should I choose?
500k zenni is pointless now that I don't have much to buy at all.
I don't have the rare items nor characters and outfits that I never will really plan to use.
I could go for a respec on my saiyan and turn her from blasty mc blast away to a melee build.
or I could change my looks which I am never 100% satisfied with.

patchday

Did quick testing. It's 1 blow every 20 seconds. It comes back even if you keep your stamina near the bottom the whole duration

The pink effect might be only the defensive stamina buff

Ah that explains why I could not figure that out while casually fighting. Interesting...

Astral

Guys, Super Kamehameha or Perfect Kamehameha. I can't decide. On one hand I love hearing my character call the attack during Super. On the other hand, Perfect has does so much fucking damage.

I just started getting into this all. But one question gnaws at me. If messing with the timeline is so bad, what about trunks time traveling in the main series to change the future to a positive one? Seems like trunks isn't the right guy to be a time patroller when he kinda fucked with the timeline in the first place.

Muzicfreq

Banned
I just started getting into this all. But one question gnaws at me. If messing with the timeline is so bad, what about trunks time traveling in the main series to change the future to a positive one? Seems like trunks isn't the right guy to be a time patroller when he kinda fucked with the timeline in the first place.

When he did it there wasn't any laws/rules to doing it.

The Supreme Kai of Time was born at least 75,000,000 years ago. She raised Tokitoki into an adult, and was given this position.

At some point, she confronted Future Trunks for creating and using a Time Machine to alter the past and prevent his future timeline which resulted in a split in the timeline. As she was in need of an assistant, she deceived Future Trunks by telling him "What you did is a mortal sin and making Time Machines is a crime! Work under me if you want to be forgiven!", causing Future Trunks to become her assistant as a means of atonement for his and Future Bulma's sin of creating and using the Time Machine to alter the past. He was unaware that it wasn't a sin as he and his mother Future Bulma were the first ones to do it, a fact she decided to keep secret from Trunks as she needed an assistant. Though admittedly she didn't realize that Trunks would take her lie of his Time Machine being a mortal sin to heart and take the role of her assistant so seriously, and as a result Trunks turned out to be hard worker and proved himself to be great assistant. She also chose not to fix the changes in the timeline that resulted from Future Trunks' traveling through time such as his role in the deaths of Mecha Frieza and King Cold, Goku surviving his Heart Virus, Cell using his stolen Time Machine to go to the past when 18 & 17 were still alive, allowing Cell to achieve his Perfect Form and the events of Cell Games, since she understood that Trunks' intentions for doing so where noble, pure, and ultimately for the greater good as history didn't turn out for the worse.
DragonBall Wikia

patchday

Guys, Super Kamehameha or Perfect Kamehameha. I can't decide. On one hand I love hearing my character call the attack during Super. On the other hand, Perfect has does so much fucking damage.

The one that does no talking would be optimal. Did an online PQ with two spammer Saiyans. All I heard the whole time, "Kamehamma!!" over and over and over! They wrecked shop though in the end. So do what you like!

well if i remember correctly if he didn't do what he did the world would've just gotten completely wrecked turning to an apocalypse cause of cell so i mean honestly, theres no where to go but up from that.

Top Bottom