• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

Bogeypop

Guys, Super Kamehameha or Perfect Kamehameha. I can't decide. On one hand I love hearing my character call the attack during Super. On the other hand, Perfect has does so much fucking damage.

I think Super Kamehameha MIGHT do more damage, but it could have just been Z-Assist boosted when I was trying it out. Though Perfect Kamehameha seems to have more invincibility frames, and a wider hitbox at the cost of being slower.

Philtastic

Holy crap, hate these server issues! Keep finishing PQs and then getting booted. Just removing DBXV.exe from the firewall exception list was no longer cutting it so I made an explicit firewall rule to block all communication from DBXV.exe, and this seems to have worked.

Beat PQ34 on the first try as a level 53 ultimate spammer so far, now going to tinker with melee builds for fun!

Varna

Guys, Super Kamehameha or Perfect Kamehameha. I can't decide. On one hand I love hearing my character call the attack during Super. On the other hand, Perfect has does so much fucking damage.

Perfect got me through the tough PQ and end story battles. Thing is stupid powerful. Those invincibility frames before the attack starts are ridiculous.

Really wish this game had beam clashes.

Permanently A

Perfect gives you invincibility when you're charging it. No contest.

Guys going by the help menu i should be able to get npcs from the hub to join me on PQ questsbut i talk to everyone and i can't recruit anyone. Is there something i've missed ?

Guys going by the help menu i should be able to get npcs from the hub to join me on PQ questsbut i talk to everyone and i can't recruit anyone. Is there something i've missed ?

You have to create a team. There are Team registration booths in the same area as the PQs/PvP on both ends. Once you do, you can recruit Yellow-Named npcs.

kaiiri

with mentors.. I know bringing them with you into battle helps build their rep. does it have to be the same form that they appear in the city? like frieza.. does it have to be just the first form you bring into battle to help rep.. or any of his forms?

with mentors.. I know bringing them with you into battle helps build their rep. does it have to be the same form that they appear in the city? like frieza.. does it have to be just the first form you bring into battle to help rep.. or any of his forms?

Must be the same form as the mentor.

I want to say so. I didn't get any unique dialogue from final form Frieza as a student, but I certainly did with first form Frieza.

I am actually kinda digging this game. I'm only just passed the saiyan saga, so not really far at all, but I feel like it is just the kind of game I can go to and play a little bit at a time when I am cooling down from playing more stressful competitive games like an FPS like Nosgoth or strategy game like Hearthstone.

kaiiri

are you sure, I have almost maxed out frieza just and have never used any frieza skills and only took full power frieza on pqs.

I have heard it from full power frieza and even sayain god goku when goku was my mentor.

I'll try tomorrow. I only have frieza and hercules left to master and I'm done with mentors. then farming for everything until ff: type-0 comes out. lol. I'm happy with vegito custome on my male saiyan but it looks ugly in my female saiyan. gotta figure out a cool looking outfit for her. hopefully one that isn't totally bad bonus spec-wise too. XD

I made two wishes in only an hour. I must've gotten lucky.

I'm having bad luck with dragon balls. took almost an hour just for the last ball. and I still need to summon shenron for all the crap.. (only summoned him twice so far foe gogeta and a respec)

EDIT: ohh I also noticed when I was wearing vegito clothes with gotenks as my master he old comment on it saying his fusion clothes are better. lol. I heae there are other random cloth comments like that. now I wanna see them all! XD

TCKaos

I think Super Kamehameha MIGHT do more damage, but it could have just been Z-Assist boosted when I was trying it out. Though Perfect Kamehameha seems to have more invincibility frames, and a wider hitbox at the cost of being slower.

Perfect Kamehameha does more damage and invincibility frames but due to its speed is much harder to combo in to.

Bogeypop

Perfect Kamehameha does more damage and invincibility frames but due to its speed is much harder to combo in to.

I did say P. Kamehameha had more invincibility, but was unsure as to whether it did more damage. Just checked and indeed P. Kamehameha does more damage.

Have recently been messing around with Sphere of Destruction + Bills' Z-Assist + "Here comes payback!" Z-Soul + Fighting Pose G, and I'm pretty pleased with the damage though most of the damage boost seems to be coming from the Z-Assist. And if the enemy is blocking or using an Evasive Skill SoD has enough hits to eat through their Stamina and still damage them. I was even surprised that I was able to stop Gohan from Super Kamehameha'ing mid animation with it.

Now I just need to know if there's some boots in the Supreme Kai clothes set or if I'm just wasting my time trying to get a drop that doesn't exist.

RBK

Banned
Am I missing out on much if I don't have the Day 1 codes?

Found a good price for a used copy on XB1, so hopefully it'll be here for Wednesday if everything turns out well.

New Update Incoming

From the Bandai Namco Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/BandaiNamcoUS

Hello Time Patrollers!
Read on for the latest Dragon Ball XENOVERSE updates:

Online Services:
- Player Match (1v1, 2v2, 3v3) are functioning properly on all platforms. This mode is accessible from ‘Player Match Online’ desk in Toki Toki City.
- Multi Lobbies and Single Lobbies functioning properly on Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 and we are still continuing to work on improvements on Playstation 4, Xbox One and PC/Steam.
Please note that your network status can also affect the server connection.

Compatibility Patch 1.02:
- On March 10th, we will release Dragon Ball GT Pack 1 compatibility patches for Playstation 4, Playstation 3, Xbox One and Xbox 360.
- This patch will ensure compatibility with the new content of the DLC Pack 1 to be released soon and will improve several issues as you can read below.
- We will have new details regarding the online events in the comings weeks!

To implement this update, we will be conducting server maintenance during the following times:

March 10th 5:30PM to 9:00 PM JST
March 10th 9:30 AM to 1:00 PM CET
March 10th 1:30 AM to 5:00 AM PDT

Full Patch Notes
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
-Added data for Dragon Ball GT Pack 1
-Fixed English dialog and subtitle inconsistencies
-Fixed issue where "Reversal" evaluation could not be earned in Quests
-Fixed issue where some materials could not be earned in Quests
-Fixed issue where player could not be revived from downed state
-Implemented online event functionality

Muzicfreq

Banned
Yeah, just watched a quick YouTube unboxing to see this.

Maybe someone is selling codes off hand, wouldn't mind paying some cash for one.

Huh? no the skill. There's Super Saiyan and Super Vegeta

Also anyone know how to get Super Vegeta 2?

Moneal

Huh? no the skill. There's Super Saiyan and Super Vegeta

Also anyone know how to get Super Vegeta 2?

SV2 comes from the PQ 38 Blast the Super Spirt Bomb. don't even have to trigger the hidden requirements, its just a regular drop. making it easier to get than SV1.

Philtastic

I did it: PQ32 Super Saiyan Bargain Sale using only melee skills, no super saiyan. See video description for details.

16586029219_29c105fd91_o.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wv3ZViRnOg

Korezo

Just missing 3 skills to 100%, Hellzone grenade, super electric feild and Assault rain.. of course they are all ultimate skills.

So Angry Joe was planning a review, but server errors are keeping him from it for now.
From the idea of it, it seems a 6/10. Looking forward to it since ProJared's was great.

Is this worth full price on PS4? Last DBZ game I played wast Burst Limit.
Not planning on playing online btw (I refuse to pay a subscription for online play. Fuck PSN)

Welfare

So Angry Joe was planning a review, but server errors are keeping him from it for now.
From the idea of it, it seems a 6/10. Looking forward to it since ProJared's was great.

I expect him to give it either a 5 or 6 if he actually does it. Just watching his latest stream of him doing the Bardock mission was pure torture.

royox

EDIT: ohh I also noticed when I was wearing vegito clothes with gotenks as my master he old comment on it saying his fusion clothes are better. lol. I heae there are other random cloth comments like that. now I wanna see them all! XD

I'm wearing the whole Bardok set and my Freezer mentor said "Oh, that's the same gear that Saiyan who tried to rise against me wore, how useless. You shouldn't do that to me, that was not a funny joke"

I almost cryed. He's the biggest motherfucker of the universe but it's a cool guy when you know him T.T

I'm wearing the whole Bardok set and my Freezer mentor said "Oh, that's the same gear that Saiyan who tried to rise against me wore, how useless. You shouldn't do that to me, that was not a funny joke"

I almost cryed. He's the biggest motherfucker of the universe but it's a cool guy when you know him T.T

Wear a Ginyu suit when talking to Ginyu and he tells you to wear it his pride as a member of his squad.

Wear Turles' suit when talking to Vegeta and he basically goes, "Turles? Who the heck is Turles?"

patchday

I'll try tomorrow. I only have frieza and hercules left to master and I'm done with mentors. then farming for everything until ff: type-0 comes out. lol. I'm happy with vegito custome on my male saiyan but it looks ugly in my female saiyan. gotta figure out a cool looking outfit for her. hopefully one that isn't totally bad bonus spec-wise too. XD

I'm having bad luck with dragon balls. took almost an hour just for the last ball. and I still need to summon shenron for all the crap.. (only summoned him twice so far foe gogeta and a respec)

Yep! While training under Frieza I'd wear my Bardock costume. He had some very colorful remarks about that!! [edit] Tree'd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuM58C2jaxE

It looks like fusion clothes may be in one of the dlc's. I can now finally make a proper Super Gogeta now.

BTW, does "I will never forgive you scum" work in SSJ form? it has helped my frieza character a lot in higher PQ's due to the ultimate spam. Does it allow you to stay in SSJ indefinetly.

Yes!!!

If you talk to 18 while using one of her clothes she says something along the lines of "You like those clothes? I chose them myself, of course they look good"

Top Bottom