• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

BTW, does "I will never forgive you scum" work in SSJ form? it has helped my frieza character a lot in higher PQ's due to the ultimate spam. Does it allow you to stay in SSJ indefinetly.

Yep. Let the Z-Soul activate, pop a health item, and go crazy.

I hear the patch on PC nerfed it pretty heavily, though.

patchday

So Angry Joe was planning a review, but server errors are keeping him from it for now.
From the idea of it, it seems a 6/10. Looking forward to it since ProJared's was great.

Oh no not AngryJoe was hoping this would fly under his radar. He's gonna tear it up I think. Server errors alone will earn this title a 5/10 tops I am guessing. Which is a shame this is a fun game. But they dropped the ball on the servers bigtime

Oh no not AngryJoe was hoping this would fly under his radar. He's gonna tear it up I think. Server errors alone will earn this title a 5/10 tops I am guessing. Which is a shame this is a fun game. But they dropped the ball on the servers bigtime
His quote was "I love and hate this game" so a 5/10 I could see it.
Honestly though, it is going to score higher than The Order though because he hated that game.

As another poster stated, 5/10 or a 6/10 is a good guess. He generally doesn't give games he likes less than average.

His quote was "I love and hate this game" so a 5/10 I could see it.
Honestly though, it is going to score higher than The Order though because he hated that game.

As another poster stated, 5/10 or a 6/10 is a good guess. He generally doesn't give games he likes less than average.

He also talked about the RNG loot and i wouldn't be surprised IF he removes points because of it. Because let's face it , this shouldn't be in a single player focused game.

He also talked about the RNG loot and i wouldn't be surprised IF he removes points because of it. Because let's face it , this shouldn't be in a single player focused game.
I agree as well.
I have a love/hate relationship with this game.
If they removed the stupid RNG, server issues, balance the difficulty, and other factors then it would be really good. For now it is a game for fans of the TV show.

But I rather get a game that tries and doesn't quite reach the goal rather than a boring game that met its goal (The Order).

It's a technical, unbalanced and sometimes broken mess, it just so happens to be also extremely fun regardless of that and filled to the brim with fanservice. Being objective about it, a 6 out of 10 is as high as it gets.
Yeah, if you are objective, a 3/5 is about right. I would personally give it a 4/5, but I am a fan of the show.

Well, the game kinda deserves it.

It's a technical, unbalanced and sometimes broken mess, it just so happens to be also extremely fun regardless of that and filled to the brim with fanservice. Being objective about it, a 6 out of 10 is as high as it gets, the servers are real deal breaker as far as scores go.

What's wrong with a 5/10? That's a fair score. Not the one I'd give it(6.5/10) but I can see why someone would give it that. That is of course if you know what each number is worth and aren't one of those "anything below and 8 is a boring game'

Sephzilla

Well, the game kinda deserves it.

It's a technical, unbalanced and sometimes broken mess, it just so happens to be also extremely fun regardless of that and filled to the brim with fanservice. Being objective about it, a 6 out of 10 is as high as it gets, the servers are real deal breaker as far as scores go.

A game based around a franchise full of broken and unbalanced characters has a game full of broken and unbalanced characters.

I dunno, seems fair to me.

A game based around a franchise full of broken and unbalanced characters has a game full of broken and unbalanced characters.

I dunno, seems fair to me.
I mean yeah, I understand why the game is unbalanced and I don't really care that it is - spam Electric Strike on my barrier all you want, Saiyan nerds - but it's not really something I'd ignore when making a review of the game.

Anung

Un Rama
Game got a patch for me on PS4. Hopefully it'll fix server issues. I've been having a good time just playing PQ's with my friends which works fine but not being able to see all the awful fanfiction dbz names people have made is a bummer.

Game got a patch for me on PS4. Hopefully it'll fix server issues. I've been having a good time just playing PQ's with my friends which works fine but not being able to see all the awful fanfiction dbz names people have made is a bummer.
Deviantart: Xenoverse

N° 2048

Full Patch Notes
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
-Added data for Dragon Ball GT Pack 1
-Fixed English dialog and subtitle inconsistencies
-Fixed issue where "Reversal" evaluation could not be earned in Quests
-Fixed issue where some materials could not be earned in Quests
-Fixed issue where player could not be revived from downed state
-Implemented online event functionality

From page before

Respect

Finished Vegito's set last night...feels good.

hat-toss.gif

patchday

Anyone on PS4- Can you verify if the Camera still has a mind of it's own in the hub and starts pitching for no reason?

Kind of tempted to refuse the patch and remain offline for a bit unless they actually fixed a bug I care bout. I'm sure it's bringing in some nerfs to my infinite Saiyan mode

NZerker12

How? It's impossible for me...he never comes for fucks fucking sake!

Have you tried defeating Goku with an Ultimate and within 10mins of the mission. I couldn't get him to show until I started doing this. It could just be luck with the RNG but so far it has worked for me.

Respect

How? It's impossible for me...he never comes for fucks fucking sake!

Yeah, he really doesn't show up often...probably like a 33% chance he shows up and that might be generous (Nappa and Radditz surviving to the end is the requirement for Vegito to show up). Online PQs are the best way to go (if you aren't already). Can grind it a lot more quickly. Ended up with duplicates of every piece (except chest).

EDIT: Did a little testing last night and it looks like "I am...Super Vegeta" z soul extends super saiyan transformations even though it doesn't mention it in the description. Need to test it out a little more. Seems to give it the same amount of time as the super saiyan bargain sale z soul.

Astral

Have you tried defeating Goku with an Ultimate and within 10mins of the mission. I couldn't get him to show until I started doing this. It could just be luck with the RNG but so far it has worked for me.

It's completely random. The only requirements are Nappa and Raditz surviving. I've completed it in 3 minutes and it changed nothing.

Steel

Banned
As a super saiyan, no. As a human, yes

Not really as a human. Humans can use KaiokenX20+Anger Shout to get full ki without taking any hits, so having more ki available to fill for the short time kaikoken lasts is better for that. I don't even use maximum charge on my human anymore because of that combo, just get 7 risk-free bars of ki and spam ultimates/supers.

OptimusLime

Ill have to watch the AngryJoe vid when I get off work, I predict I agree with most of it, and still keep playing anyway.

On a side note, I didnt get to play any last night, are the servers still borked?

Piers

It's completely random. The only requirements are Nappa and Raditz surviving. I've completed it in 3 minutes and it changed nothing.

Yes, the random nature of hidden requirements actually being registered is such a dumb design choice — at least in terms of how it tracks their fulfilment.
Presumably, like the loot, it's to prevent players from hitting 100% so quickly.

I've killed Gohan last in The Cell Games Begins PQ so many times that the hidden requirement is beginning to feel like a fake myth.

patchday

Ill have to watch the AngryJoe vid when I get off work, I predict I agree with most of it, and still keep playing anyway.

On a side note, I didnt get to play any last night, are the servers still borked?

Well it's not a review. Just a short rant how bad the servers suck and complaining bout how DBZ fanboys assaulting him in chat during the stream

Yeah, he really doesn't show up often...probably like a 33% chance he shows up and that might be generous (Nappa and Radditz surviving to the end is the requirement for Vegito to show up). Online PQs are the best way to go (if you aren't already). Can grind it a lot more quickly. Ended up with duplicates of every piece (except chest).

EDIT: Did a little testing last night and it looks like "I am...Super Vegeta" z soul extends super saiyan transformations even though it doesn't mention it in the description. Need to test it out a little more. Seems to give it the same amount of time as the super saiyan bargain sale z soul.

Interesting...

Astral

I noticed the Super Vegeta thing too. What I'm not sure of is how much it increases the ki blast super damage compared to bargain sale. I've been sticking with the latter because the increased stamina regeneration is nice.

Well it's not a review. Just a short rant how bad the servers suck and complaining bout how DBZ fanboys assaulting him in chat during the stream

Interesting...

Well Angry Joe is a big baby after all.
It's an above average game but IGN and Joe shit on it unnecessarily

I hope this is patched out.

Because as of right now I would have a hard time recommending this game to someone else.

I would say the RNG is a bigger concern than the servers since the game has a solid single-player and Multi-player is a temporary thing, eventually the servers are taken down

OptimusLime

I would say the RNG is a bigger concern than the servers since the game has a solid single-player and Multi-player is a temporary thing, eventually the servers are taken down

The online multi-player was the major selling point for me. Super disappointing that they cant seem to fix the servers.

patchday

I did it: PQ32 Super Saiyan Bargain Sale using only melee skills, no super saiyan. See video description for details.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wv3ZViRnOg

Good fighting but the parts I watched, I did not notice any use of evasion skills (I'm at work; couldn't watch whole thing). But you don't have a ton of Stamina. Sometimes you'd be sitting right at 300 STA and then you'd get hit which would cancel evades anyways

Question- You have 0 STRIKE however I thought Blue Hurricane is a strike skill? So its only using base damage for you?

People arguing against/@ a streamer during their stream? Halt the presses.
Yeah, he was mostly saying you cannot ignore the faults and give it a 9/10 which I agree with.
Pretty sure he got some flack from The Order 1886 fans as well.
ProJared said it best in "It is the best DBZ game in years, but still has faults"
Some people can have enough fun to ignore the issues (like me), but some people cannot.
The game is definitely worth trying though because it is nothing like what is out in the market.

TimFL

What... Perfect Kamehameha > Super Kamehameha?

That's stupid. I was so looking forward to having Goku as my final mentor for the Z-Assists and Super Kamehameha.

IMO Super Kamehameha should deal more damage simply due to the fact that you need to finish the story and be lvl 70+ to get Goku as mentor.

eizarus

Banned
Some people can have enough fun to ignore the issues (like me), but some people cannot.
The game is definitely worth trying though because it is nothing like what is out in the market.
ZUmbRcfBzThtu.gif

Hit the nail on the head. I went in expecting this game to let me down but eve with all it's fault, personally, it's so fun that I can ignore the flaws and enjoy the game.

Respect

That's stupid. I was so looking forward to having Goku as my final mentor for the Z-Assists and Super Kamehameha.

IMO Super Kamehameha should deal more damage simply due to the fact that you need to finish the story and be lvl 70+ to get Goku as mentor.

My thoughts exactly...took on Goku as my mentor and checked online how good his ultimate was and everyone said perfect Kamehameha was superior, how unfortunate.

Lagamorph

It's unfortunate but the server issues really do bring the overall experience down. The game is definitely amazing, but the server problems are just too much to ignore.

I still believe the cause of the issues though is that Namco Bandai were just taken completely by surprise at the game doing so incredibly well and the server capacity just couldn't cope.

Astral

I actually prefer Super because it's pretty easy to combo into. I'm rarely hit out of it either. My only complaint is that it'a blockable. Perfect isn't.

Philtastic

not shabby although blue hurricane is still cheesing it a bit :p

Interesting you use grabs a bunch, should try that out.

btw: what's your saiyan lass wearing?

I'm working on a no ultimates, all melee run on my non-melee saiyan. So far, gotten goku and gohan to half health but got some unlucky kamehameha chains while low on stamina.

Wearing pilot top and boots, Raditz bottom, and the Vegeta (Frieza saga) hands.

Good fighting but the parts I watched, I did not notice any use of evasion skills (I'm at work; couldn't watch whole thing). But you don't have a ton of Stamina. Sometimes you'd be sitting right at 300 STA and then you'd get hit which would cancel evades anyways

Question- You have 0 STRIKE however I thought Blue Hurricane is a strike skill? So its only using base damage for you?

The escape skill came into play for both the Vegeta/Trunks fight to get out of Trunk's ultimate and the Goku/Gohan fight to get out of some super kamehamehas.

Yes, Blue Hurricane is a strike super so I'm hitting for base plus whatever bonus I get from costume (I'm at work so I'm going to estimate an average of 2.5 per piece so roughly 10 strike super). That's why I think it's still somewhat impressive because I have to melee without invincibility for a pretty long time.

Well Angry Joe is a big baby after all.
It's an above average game but IGN and Joe shit on it unnecessarily
n

No, its a passable to middling game, if it didn't have the DBZ brand it would be a colossal failure, they learned from loot games well, the hamster wheel of rng restricted goodies and levels was a smart choice, the levels cripple progress regardless of how skillful you are, forcing way too much grinding, the only thing people are talking about is the struggle to get parts of outfits or supers they won't even end up using that much, otherwise little else past the inital newness of it being a DBZ game whose "fanservice" just reeks of missed opportunities (Z warrior outfit that only CAC's can wear, sounds legit!)

I agree that the game is pretty flawed. I don't really think ascribing numbers to a game's "goodness" is particularly valuable, though, since I enjoy the heck out of many games that I really wouldn't recommend to many people. Xenoverse definitely fits that description. The nostalgia of the DBZ license goes a long way in my enjoyment, but there are so many bad design choices and missed opportunities.

Korezo

I always thought perfect would be better because of the name alone.

And finally collected all skills in the game.. I just need the revive 7 allies in online trophy and the 7 auto patrols trophy to plat this damn game. I think they improved the drop rate.

Top Bottom