• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

Greenymac

We're all just here until Bloodbourne
JuGYpl6.png

Preach on brethren... I cant wait until that drops. Ive already scheduled a day off work for the day after release, so i can properly introduce it into my veins....

Speaking of Destiny, I'm so happy that a game of a sorta kinda similar genre came out that I actually like. Destiny disappointed me so much and I see a lot of it in this game, but it just feels like it does it all much better than Destiny.

Welfare

Speaking of Destiny, I'm so happy that a game of a sorta kinda similar genre came out that I actually like. Destiny disappointed me so much and I see a lot of it in this game, but it just feels like it does it all much better than Destiny.

So true. I can tolerate this game much more than Destiny.

Nny7229

I am right their with you. Crappy network problems, but this game is fun to play.

At least you can play offline and still still play online with your friends when you can't connect to a server, I wish more devs making online focused games thought like that.

couldn't agree more. the network problems in this game have been unfortunate, but they don't stop you from having fun.

patchday

We're all just here until Bloodbourne
JuGYpl6.png

I got the collector's edition on preorder. Still plan to play this game on the side! So easy to lose yourself in those games though. Everything is so brilliantly designed and there's no random loot bullcrap at all in those game (at least in Demons' / Dark Souls). Just consistent pwnage and confidence in their material that the gamer will stick around for subsequent DLCs. Wish more devs believed in their selfs like those guys!

Revven

I have some stupid luck lol. I got both a Dragon Ball and Death Ball in the same mission where I was only intending to get Death Ball -- didn't even have to farm it for hours like I thought I would have to, only had to do the PQ a few times.

But then in other instances my luck is terrible. This game's RNG is so rude.

royox

I need some help. Suddently I can't play, the game (steam) crashes when it tries to reach the character screen after the "Login" message.

I can play with OFFLINE mode enabled...it's like my save game is corrupted on the steam cloud.

pd: When I untab the Steam Cloud option it stays forever trying to login, not even an error message.

Sephzilla

Lol same here. That's why I've been playing this game like crazy. I don't wanna end up ignoring it in the future. It's so fun.

Yep, trying to get maximum playtime out of Xenoverse right now. I love the game, but Bloodborne basically looks like my early game of the generation.

Astral

What's a good outfit for a female striker Majin? The Wild Rider outfit has some nice stats but it's a little bulky for my tiny Majin.

It's not really a fighter, more of a brawler. Fights are primarily group v. group, instead of person v. person. And, yeah, you could make comparisons to Destiny
although the less we speak of that the better off we'll be.

Predictable response in an OT, but, yes, DBXV is super good. A very solid start to a franchise, aside from the server issues.

Partners? You mean the non-party member AIs that join you in-mission, not the ones you choose at the beginning, right?

What are their stats based on after all objectives are beaten?

that's a decent way of describing it, though this game has way more loot than what i played of destiny. it's also somewhat akin to monster hunter or PSO in terms of its mission structure, with gameplay like budokai.

as a person who was expecting another super polished, semi competitive fighting game like Infinite World or Budokai 3, I was slightly disappointed. but as a dragon ball z fan, the story and coop stuff is some of the most interesting shit i've seen in a dbz game in a long time. the game is a bit rough around the edges, but damn I've lost track of how many hours I've dumped into this game.

edit: by the way, did anyone in this thread ever play Earth's Special Forces back in the day? Really kickass DBZ arena combat HL1 mod.
Thanks for the responses. Sounds, right up my alley. And combined with the Destiny-but-better/fun comparisons above, I just splurged and impulse purchased the game on PS4. Can't wait to sink my teeth into it, been over a decade since I enjoyed a good DBZ game.

NeonZ

Huh. I just remembered something regarding that DBGT Goku costume with a DB moveset. There's "The Path to Power" movie. It's a remake of DB mixing the first arc with the Red Ribbon army and it uses GT's Kid Goku design for Goku.

So, I guess it's not completely out of place...

Huh. I just remembered something regarding that DBGT Goku costume with a DB moveset. There's "The Path to Power" movie. It's a remake of DB mixing the first arc with the Red Ribbon army and it uses GT's Kid Goku design for Goku.

It's also likely that they have a Kid Goku costume to roll out for GT Kid Goku and it's all just place holder

RBK

Banned
Just got my copy in the mail today, haven't played outside of the initial 4 fights against Frieza, Cell, Buu, and Trunks but the combat system is going take some time to get used to.

Haven't played a DBZ game in years, but it's seems more complex than Budokai 2s at least.

Welfare

Just did PQ 47 after holding off on it for so long and oh my god.

When I thought I won after knocking out Gohan after all of this. NOPE. SSJ3 Goku and I'm all out of healing items.

My heart was pounding the entire time. Had less than a minute left by just running around and pot shotting him with ki blasts and Light grenade.

Piers

I need some help. Suddently I can't play, the game (steam) crashes when it tries to reach the character screen after the "Login" message.

I can play with OFFLINE mode enabled...it's like my save game is corrupted on the steam cloud.

pd: When I untab the Steam Cloud option it stays forever trying to login, not even an error message.
I've had this problem for a while now, too.
So far the only fix involves wiping the save data entirely.

Hey guys what is the outfit "Pierrot" is wearing in this screen?

TLLrWssl.jpg

Also how close am I to the end of the story missions if I just beat
Beerus and Whis
and the fight after them (Frieza, Cell, Buu, Gohan, etc)?

Bogeypop

Hey guys what is the outfit "Pierrot" is wearing in this screen?

Also how close am I to the end of the story missions if I just beat
Beerus and Whis
and the fight after them (Frieza, Cell, Buu, Gohan, etc)?

It's the 4-Star Dragon Ball Costume. You can purchase it from the shop after you beat Story Mode which you're close to doing.

I need your halp DBXVGAF... I can't save Bardock in the Time Shard story mission. He always dies.

Is there anything I can do to heal him or protect him from damage? That Piccolo shield skill is useless, and healing items don't seem to work on Bardock either. Once Frieza enters the picture Bardock dies within seconds.

I need your halp DBXVGAF... I can't save Bardock in the Time Shard story mission. He always dies.

Is there anything I can do to heal him or protect him from damage? That Piccolo shield skill is useless, and healing items don't seem to work on Bardock either. Once Frieza enters the picture Bardock dies within seconds.

I had issues with this until I I found the power of Ultimate Fighter Bomber. If you can get even Super Saiyan and pop it and Spam UFB you will win. Take some healing items for yourself

BHK3

Banned
People complaining about vegito's clothes and brolys clothes haven't tried to Z-rank Quest 19 yet. Having to defeat the saiyans in a certain order, and then hoping gohan revives has taken days of my time. On the bright side the time patroller here spawns a lot more frequently than any other mission so theres that.

Piers

The Giant Storm, Electric Strike, and Scattershot Kamehameha ultimate attacks are able to deal good damage to multiple foes. Giant Storm gave me the easiest time.

It's the 4-Star Dragon Ball Costume. You can purchase it from the shop after you beat Story Mode which you're close to doing.

Excellent, thanks. Not in a rush to be done at all, but I do wanna create some more characters.

People complaining about vegito's clothes and brolys clothes haven't tried to Z-rank Quest 19 yet. Having to defeat the saiyans in a certain order, and then hoping gohan revives has taken days of my time. On the bright side the time patroller here spawns a lot more frequently than any other mission so theres that.

I haven't tried that, but it sounds horrible. The drop rates and conditions in this game need a patch big time.

I had issues with this until I I found the power of Ultimate Fighter Bomber. If you can get even Super Saiyan and pop it and Spam UFB you will win. Take some healing items for yourself

The Giant Storm, Electric Strike, and Scattershot Kamehameha ultimate attacks are able to deal good damage to multiple foes. Giant Storm gave me the easiest time.

These are good tips. I thank you both.

Up to this point I've been using my melee-focused Friezan, but fortunately my first character uses Ultimate Fighting Bomber so I should have a decent run at it. If not, I recently made a Ki-focused Saiyan so I can go whole hog on Super Saiyan shenanigans.

After playing a melee fighter for so long, making a new character as a KI based fighter is pretty .. underwhelming and difficult as fuck. Now I understand all the comments about how hard the game is.

Getting my ass handed to me while the enemy just dodges me blasts half the time.

Still early though, so will have to practice combo's quite a bit to see what really works.

After playing a melee fighter for so long, making a new character as a KI based fighter is pretty .. underwhelming and difficult as fuck. Now I understand all the comments about how hard the game is.

Getting my ass handed to me while the enemy just dodges me blasts half the time.

Still early though, so will have to practice combo's quite a bit to see what really works.
You gotta find ways to combo that stuff, it's pretty rewarding to find a chain that links into a beam.

Either that or use moves so fucking stupid that they can't be dodged

BHK3

Banned

What did you have for your melee fighter? I honestly can't picture anyone playing this game as a non-saiyan non spamming perfect kamehameha final flash UAB etc. kind of character.

Muzicfreq

Banned
Clothing matters ALOT I found out.

Natural Balance
Smallest Height
Medium weight
Health 50
Max Ki 50
Max Stamina 7
Basic Attacks 50
Strike Supers 0
Ki Blast Supers 80

Height and weight play a big roll as well.
The bigger you are the more melee stats you get while the smaller you are the more Ki related stats you get.

Top Bottom