• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

N30RYU

Alright, awesome.

Kaioken x20 is the best non SSJ transformation, but if I'm correct it increases your attack and speed (not sure if it increases your speed, but it seems like it) the same amount as Kaioken x3, but x20 doesn't drain stamina when you use stamina based skills like vanish and evasive ultimate moves, instead it drains your stamina bar quicker. So basically, you want to put points into stamina to benefit from x20. With low stamina x3 is probably better.
does it improve ultimate ki attacks?

Hmm nothing like that for me.

Anyone know if you can delete the game data(not save data) then reinstall the game? That would be what I would recommend, as long as it doesn't ruin your progress.

I just reinstalled the game and unfortunately it didn't fix the problem. I really wish I could figure this out, it's kind of ruining the game for me.

So I've nearly beaten the story mode, I've used Vegeta as my AI partner in dozens of PQs, I use his moves as often as possible (Galick Gun & Final Barrage), and I still can't trigger his next mentoring session. He just always says that I'm supposed to be bringing him the World's Strongest. I thought he just meant I needed to get stronger, but now I'm wondering if I'm actually supposed to bring him something.

So I've nearly beaten the story mode, I've used Vegeta as my AI partner in dozens of PQs, I use his moves as often as possible (Galick Gun & Final Barrage), and I still can't trigger his next mentoring session. He just always says that I'm supposed to be bringing him the World's Strongest. I thought he just meant I needed to get stronger, but now I'm wondering if I'm actually supposed to bring him something.

You need to farm PQ 5 (I think) while making sure to kill the Saibamen in the first two fights. If you're lucky, Vegeta will revive after you've beaten him and you have a chance to get the Z Soul you need. It took forever to get it to drop for me but you can also farm dragonballs in that mission so it's not horrible.

Nordicus

does it improve ultimate ki attacks?
It does. Kaioken x3 and x20 improve damage by roughly 15%

Also another interesting thing I found out while testing Kaioken:

Don't you just hate how Kaioken time is wasted if your enemy manages to turn on the offense and whoop your ass until Kaioken time runs out and then you're utterly defenseless, causing even more damage?

Well worry no more, You'll Never Beat An Android Z-soul's stamina recovery upon taking damage works even with Kaioken x20 on! Getting hit by basic combos will let you regain stamina at roughly the same rate you're losing it, and getting hit by a basic Kamehameha can give you 3 stamina bars to continue your onslaught! :D

Omni

Is there only one server or something with this game?

Why is literally everyone popping in and out of existence in the HUB world thing?

You need to farm PQ 5 (I think) while making sure to kill the Saibamen in the first two fights. If you're lucky, Vegeta will revive after you've beaten him and you have a chance to get the Z Soul you need. It took forever to get it to drop for me but you can also farm dragonballs in that mission so it's not horrible.

Shit...thanks. At least I'm absurdly overleveled for a PQ that low.

Is it actually true that drop rates are better online? I remember a few people saying that. I've been farming PQ38 for Super Vanishing Ball with no luck. Did get Super Vegeta 2 though.

Maligna

Banned
It does. Kaioken x3 and x20 improve damage by roughly 15%

Also another interesting thing I found out while testing Kaioken:

Don't you just hate how Kaioken time is wasted if your enemy manages to turn on the offense and whoop your ass until Kaioken time runs out and then you're utterly defenseless, causing even more damage?

Well worry no more, You'll Never Beat An Android Z-soul's stamina recovery upon taking damage works even with Kaioken x20 on! Getting hit by basic combos will let you regain stamina at roughly the same rate you're losing it, and getting hit by a basic Kamehameha can give you 3 stamina bars to continue your onslaught! :D

This will be incredibly useful for my melee Android character I made.

She's already got the drain move and the slapping cheeks move to regain stamina, with this I will be even closer to my goal of being in a constant kaiokenx20 state.

I wanted to care about stats but the human Ki stuff is so ugly

Looking fab is more important
Goku's GT Armor looks alright to me, so been rocking it for my female Saiyan.
Frieza race has the best costumes.

Also thanks for all the melee tips. I respec'd my Frieza clan character to be melee-focused.
Trying to find decent moveset. Blue Hurricane is really good against big targets and multiple people.

Edit: PQ38 is pretty easy to farm. Helps that Kid Buu is a chump that you can snipe.

TimFL

Is it actually true that drop rates are better online? I remember a few people saying that. I've been farming PQ38 for Super Vanishing Ball with no luck. Did get Super Vegeta 2 though.

Super Vegeta 2 is one of the easiest skills to get.

Online drop rates are probably the same, they just appear better because you play with other people so there's always the possibility that one of the other players gets a rare drop which makes the drop rates look more appealing I assume?

Edit: PQ38 is pretty easy to farm. Helps that Kid Buu is a chump that you can snipe.

Yeah it's not too hard at all, just annoying to do over and over again. But I guess that's kind of the story of this game.

Super Vegeta 2 is one of the easiest skills to get.

Way to burst my bubble lol.

Well I guess I'll farm offline on the ones that are easy enough to do so quickly...less time waiting around in lobbies.

patchday

It's better online because they are bound to go by faster as long as the teammates perform better than the AI. Some drops are apparently are tuned to have higher drop rates than others too I think

kaiiri

so trying to farm a 2nd "I am.. super vegeta" z soul and I can't remember if it only drops if vegeta says the line or if I have to have an ultimate finish. If it's the vegeta line I can at least just replay right away if he doesn't say it.

Yeah, Super Vegeta 2 us a normal drop in that mission, no special conditions necessary.
It is funny such a OP power is a common drop. I learned if you charge while you are in Super state that you do not lose your power.

Yeah it's not too hard at all, just annoying to do over and over again. But I guess that's kind of the story of this game.
Buy Maximum Charge from shop and get Crusher Volcano from the Ginyu mission. Pretty much negates any challenge in farming.
Even more if you have the Super Vegeta 2 skill. Had zero issues with any of the missions since the game's AI cannot handle Crusher Volcano.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I really need a ki charge skill, something decent is available at the shop? I noticed (and bought) Super Saiyan there yesterday but SSJ2 wasn't available yet, if that gives an idea of where i am

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I really need a ki charge skill, something decent is available at the shop? I noticed (and bought) Super Saiyan there yesterday but SSJ2 wasn't available yet, if that gives an idea of where i am

Maximum Charge is the best one you can get but I believe it doesn't show up until near the end of the story mode(if not afterwards). Full Power Charge is somewhere around Cell saga.

Muzicfreq

Banned
Is there anyone else experiencing some audio issues with this game? I'm playing it on PS4 and all the sound effects including voices are are prone to clipping and distortion.

I have tested the game with the Gold Headset, Gold Headset with digital surround sound disabled, and regular T.V. speakers all with the same results. I'm at a loss and Google has not helped.

Surround off and in game audio lowered to like 2 bars.

Lol, the way they handle z-souls in speech is really messed up. It'd be a big improvement if they add Zelda-style colour highlight or something to make it clear that it's a specific item.

Bunch of updates today.

WqB38FO.jpg

Helldiver's and both Metros

Probably beaten already thou

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
in the pq 5 im trying to get the unlock to give to vegeta, bringing com allies does that make the chances of getting it less likely ?

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
It's purely based on RNG, and sometimes in-PQ events such getting an ultimate finish. Far as I'm aware, the three characters brought in are never a factor.

just after you posted did a match with com and got the item, nappa and raditz came back after finishing vegeta then vegeta came back too

I lold.

just after you posted did a match with com and got the item, nappa and raditz came back after finishing vegeta then vegeta came back too

Note, Zsouls usually drop after a dude says something, not after you beat them. In this specific case it drops after Vegeta stands up again and yells that he's the strongest Saiyan on earth. If it doesn't drop, then it was wasted and you might want to retry. (Or try to farm his suit. Either or.)

Sephzilla

In xenoverse 2 they gotta fix super sayian. Why doesn't my hair stand up?

For Xenoverse 2
assuming this doesn't get Burst Limit'ed
the Saiyans should simply be able to pick 2 hairstyles. First you pic a set of regular hair and then you pick from a list of Super Saiyan hair.

KHlover

Banned
Note, Zsouls usually drop after a dude says something, not after you beat them. In this specific case it drops after Vegeta stands up again and yells that he's the strongest Saiyan on earth. If it doesn't drop, then it was wasted and you might want to retry. (Or try to farm his suit. Either or.)
Makes grinding for Z Souls a nightmare for High Lv. characters. With my 4-Star Dragon Ball costume, Lord Beerus Z soul (buffs Ki Blast attacks after it is triggered) and Super-Vegeta 2 my female Saiyan with 100 points on Ki Blast damage even downs many enemies in 8* quests with two Perfect Kamehameha. I don't even get the chance for a Z-Soul unless I hold back, which is generally a bad idea as a glass cannon.

Heroman

Banned
For Xenoverse 2
assuming this doesn't get Burst Limit'ed
the Saiyans should simply be able to pick 2 hairstyles. First you pic a set of regular hair and then you pick from a list of Super Saiyan hair.
That would be cool ,In xenoverse 2 even race should at least have 2 transformation with sayain and frizea having 3 or 4.

That would be cool ,In xenoverse 2 even race should at least have 2 transformation with sayain and frizea having 3 or 4.
Humans and Namekians can have Inner Potential transformation. Majin can have Focus. Frieza and Saiyan can have a God mode.
Xenoverse 2 needs a cosmetic tab for clothes.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I got Gogeta and wtf are these moves. Bluff Kamehameha seems like ass.

If you fulfill the requirements(kill the saibamen without letting any get away) there is a chance that Nappa/Raditz come back and Vegeta gets up at the end of the match, but it isn't guaranteed. But it does need to happen to get a chance at the z soul drop, which, again, is just a chance. Basically RNG in RNG.

Heroman

Banned
Humans and Namekians can have Inner Potential transformation. Majin can have Focus. Frieza and Saiyan can have a God mode.
Xenoverse 2 needs a cosmetic tab for clothes.
Both namekians and majin could have fuse skills or with majin have the different buu firms as transformation states

Top Bottom