• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

patchday

Just checked, he's a LVL 35.

Parallel Quests it is, thanks.

Well you could cheese it. Just fly around in circles and spam weak ki blasts. Boring way to get it done.

I'd recommend Online PQs if you enjoy those. Maybe go farm Wall Of Defense and Recome's ultimate explosion for later in the story or something

Nordicus

Oh geez, Freedom Kick has proven to be a more important move in PvP than I ever imagined.

You know how Frieza clan are pretty untouchable when they start dashing around? Freedom Kick's tracking, range and speed says FUCK THAT! and stomps even the smallest, fastest Frieza clan into the ground mid-dash. Effortlessly

Don't think I've fought Frieza yet.

It's the final fight of the Ginyu saga.

Really? Huh... I thought it was later on for some reason.
Oh geez, Freedom Kick has proven to be a more important move in PvP than I ever imagined.

You know how Frieza clan are pretty untouchable when they start dashing around? Freedom Kick's tracking, range and speed says FUCK THAT! and stomps even the smallest, fastest Frieza clan into the ground mid-dash. Effortlessly

Is Freedom Kick the move that makes a person fly around wildly, kicking an enemy like a homing missle? Because if so it gets completely shut down by any damage whatsoever.

Nordicus

Is Freedom Kick the move that makes a person fly around wildly, kicking an enemy like a homing missle? Because if so it gets completely shut down by any damage whatsoever.
Indeed it is, and indeed it does. But when people are dashing, they're not dealing damage. At least to the direction I'm coming from

Steel

Banned

It is, and it does. Rebellion spear is better for catching runners if you know how to use it.

Indeed it is, and indeed it does. But when people are dashing, they're not dealing damage. At least to the direction I'm coming from

I suppose that's true. Beginning or leaving a dash takes too long to really react to anything.
Guys i need help, what are good soul Z for a melee character ?

Anything that autoheals I'd say. Superguard or whatever would also be useful. IIRC there's no melee attack-boosting z-souls, so defense is the best option.

As to specific z-souls... I can't remember any of their names. Sorry.

So, you lot who've had the game for a while, how are you enjoying it? I'm a longtime Dragonball fan, and I'm interested in this game taking things in a different direction. What exactly is the structure like though, and how much does it differ from something like a traditional Tenkaichi game in just being a series of fights?

Nordicus

Rebellion spear is better for catching runners if you know how to use it.
It does kinda require you to be in same altitude though. Also I like the possibility of the final kick landing, and me ending up right next to the enemy, rather than throw them away with Rebellion Spear.

Steel

Banned
It does kinda require you to be in same altitude though. Also I like the possibility of the final kick landing, and me ending up right next to the enemy, rather than throw them away with Rebellion Spear.

I like how you can combo Rebellion spear into itself though. While they're flying away you have a lot of options too. It doesn't require you to be in the same altitude, just nearly, you can still adjust it so long as you don't let go of the trigger.

RBK

Banned
Well you could cheese it. Just fly around in circles and spam weak ki blasts. Boring way to get it done.

I'd recommend Online PQs if you enjoy those. Maybe go farm Wall Of Defense and Recome's ultimate explosion for later in the story or something

No way, would take the fun out of it.

Only tried one online PQ and it's better than replaying the few that I have now, so I'll just probably do that.

Oh you're on the first Mira fight.

First I thought you...
Yep, even had trouble with Nappa/Vegeta at first before I learned you could heal mid-battle.

Game is growing on me though.

Loris146

I suppose that's true. Beginning or leaving a dash takes too long to really react to anything.

Anything that autoheals I'd say. Superguard or whatever would also be useful. IIRC there's no melee attack-boosting z-souls, so defense is the best option.

As to specific z-souls... I can't remember any of their names. Sorry.

Thank you. I will look around :)
Finally beat the main story

Now to grind some shit

Good luck ehehe

Kyari

Am I missing something or is there really just ... not much content in DLC1?
The new time patrols were neat, but I only have 3 PQ?

Time to display my mentoring incompetence again:

When you give Piccolo the healing capsule he asks for, is he supposed to immediately invite you to a sparring match again? I got disconnected and now can't seem to trigger it.

Alric

Two questions for anyone who could help

First , is there an extensive list of advanced combos / vanishing techniques

Secondly, your made character, can you ever change their combat style? or depending on your race are you stuck with that style? Because i've played as some of the earth warriors like yamcha and tien whose basic combos I really liked.

Revven

So.... today I had some insanely good RNG.

I went and decided to try and get Super Electric Strike, for example, and the first time I got the Androids revived and got the Ultimate Finish is when I got SES. Amazing.

Then, I went and got Super Vanishing Ball, Vanishing Ball, Super Vegeta 2, and a bunch of other supers/ultimates that I didn't have. I also got a piece of the Yardrat clothes (still want to get the rest) and the regular Big Bang Kamehameha (even though I know the regular super version kinda sucks).

Crazy good luck today all around lol. Barely had to farm a single PQ more than 5 times (save for PQ 38, I think).

Piers

Am I missing something or is there really just ... not much content in DLC1?
The new time patrols were neat, but I only have 3 PQ?
Mostly to do with the rewards it hands out. More content would warrant more PQs.
Speaking of which, it looks like completing GT's time patrols doesn't reward you with SSJ4 Goku and Super 17. Which is kind of dumb! I know how they're unlocked, but they could of given more incentive behind the DLC instead of "oh, right, here's some story to those unlockables"

Omni

I'm sick of the RNG. I like the combat but all of these random rewards and random events and conditions ruin the game for me. Absolutely not even going to bother getting my character to level 80. Hell, even grinding to get an AoE ultimate so I can beat the Bardock mission sounds more tedious than it deserves to be.

Think I'm pretty much done. Honestly liked Battle of Z better than this. Felt more polished.

Kyari

Mostly to do with the rewards it hands out. More content would warrant more PQs.
Speaking of which, it looks like completing GT's time patrols doesn't reward you with SSJ4 Goku and Super 17. Which is kind of dumb! I know how they're unlocked, but they could of given more incentive behind the DLC instead of "oh, right, here's some story to those unlockables"

sure but it said 12 PQs.

Also how are they unlocked?

Nameless

'I am ..Super Vegeta' should be much higher than a 2-star Z-Soul. One of the best in the game for KI centric Saiyans, imo. It only negs Strike Supers, which you shouldn't be using anyway with Ki builds, and makes any SSJ transformation much more powerful. Super Vegeta 2 essentially becomes Super Vegeta 3 -- that combo does a ridiculous amount of damage.

Vex_

Banned
'I am ..Super Vegeta' should be much higher than a 2-star Z-Soul. One of the best in the game for KI centric Saiyans, imo. It only negs Strike Supers, which you shouldn't be using anyway with Ki builds, and makes any SSJ transformation much more powerful. Super Vegeta 2 essentially becomes Super Vegeta 3 -- that combo does a ridiculous amount of damage.

Ahhhhhh~
The description only mentions super saiyan. So, I thought it was only that.

So it DOES work for super vegeta? I was curious of this. Was going to run my own tests, but I think you've saved me the trouble.

Astral

But is it stronger than Super Saiyan Bargain Sale? Bargain Sale has better stats.

Nameless

Ahhhhhh~
The description only mentions super saiyan. So, I thought it was only that.

So it DOES work for super vegeta? I was curious of this. Was going to run my own tests, but I think you've saved me the trouble.

It does. I'm judging the damage mostly with an eyeball test, and gauging how quickly enemies die, but I just a tested for a duration boost and it increased my SV2 time by about 10 seconds. Not too bad.

But is it stronger than Super Saiyan Bargain Sale? Bargain Sale has better stats.

I haven't grabbed that one yet, but from what I can gather it gives you a larger duration boost for SSJ/SV but no damage boost.

Korezo

Anyone receive a gift frim the system? I haven't played for like 4 days and just got on and received a 4 star Dragonball from the system, but I already had one.

Philtastic

Same. Didn't know why I got a gift from system with a 4-star dragon ball. Interesting that everyone else seems to have gotten one as well.

With the season pass content coming soon I'm getting even more excited for when Jaco is finally playable outside of Japan! Sucks he's being released towards the end of the DLC, but I'm still pump! Can't wait to style!

KazenY2J

The Wais/Beerus fight is so frustrating with Trunks dying all the time.
Beerus ain't a problem, but Wais is such a bitch to fight.

The item farming is making me burnt out. Trying to get a Z soul...the give to Hercule.. to get the Taunt special to use in the Bardock mission because he keeps dying...

Luftwaffle

Neo Member
Man how do you beat Cell :<
I beat his first saga already, but now I'm on his next fight with Trunks and he's always invulnerable like 90% of the fight. In that much time Trunks always dies...

Nordicus

The DLC just gave Mentor Tien one of the best niche Z-souls ever

60CCD8257F95190FE95466C2E204DA4F5EB48D9B

Man how do you beat Cell :<
I beat his first saga already, but now I'm on his next fight with Trunks and he's always invulnerable like 90% of the fight. In that much time Trunks always dies...
Not invulnerable. Unstaggerable. That super armor is based on damage and when you deal enough, Cell becomes staggerable for 10-15 seconds. If you can't hammer in the damage to break the armor, level up a bit and come back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MUPHpi-wYE

Not sure if I'm an idiot and this is common knowledge but I just realized you can manually do the teleport vanish without using stamina. I did it by accident on one of the last missions even though I'm already level 80...welp.

i never see anyone even using half this games tech besides my friends. Theres even vanish canceling & counter canceling. people always send me messages saying im hacking lol..

Top Bottom