• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
He never poses, and his health bar flickered for a second before instantly recovering back.

I have fought my share of pose users, I have the tankiness and strike supers to munch through their stamina

Edit: ya know what, let me go to Timespace Delivery and check his build

Edit 2: Yup, no pose. Him not flinching would have been explained with the Z-soul, but this guy would have taken damage. His graph is also suspect

This is why I don't play online.

SSReborn

Why, oh why, oh why, oh why, can't we go in without AI partners? I hate when I need to kill enemies a specific way and they just come in and ruin everything. Especially when I don't even need them for the particular mission.

Revven

Why, oh why, oh why, oh why, can't we go in without AI partners? I hate when I need to kill enemies a specific way and they just come in and ruin everything. Especially when I don't even need them for the particular mission.

You can... just press start when you've selected your character. You'll skip picking the AI partners and it will just be you, alone.

Nordicus

This is why I don't play online.
You say that, but just today I met a fantastic tagteam online with whom I sparred for like a dozen matches in a row and every single one of them was really close. One melee character and one ranged glasscannon who didn't spam and actually knew how to fend of enemy melee. The melee guy gave me a Steam friend invite right after the second fight

Some of the most fun I've had in this game's fights.
You can, in PQs at least. Just press Start after picking your character and it lets you proceed alone.
Just started the game with the human class (was that a bad choice?) and I'm having fun with it. My only issue is that the controls seem a bit unweildly? I wish when you locked on to someone, you would charge right towards their height in the air without having to ascend or descend at the same time. I find myself whooshing past the enemy too easily. Maybe I just need to get used to it.
Yeah, I'd really appreciate if the game had more vertical tracking when you charge towards someone.
Trying to get the bonus objective for PQ53.
*Waits 10 minutes*
Seriously game?
Wait, are you trying to get Gohan to spawn by killing off Goten, Trunks and Videl?

Dude, you don't need to do that. I get the bonus objective with Videl still in the fight constantly when no other story NPC has come to help

SSReborn

You can, in PQs at least. Just press Start after picking your character and it lets you proceed alone.

You can... just press start when you've selected your character. You'll skip picking the AI partners and it will just be you, alone.
Wow could have sworn I tried that as I figured it was like NUNS in that regard don't know why it didn't work before anyways thank you so much guys as you can tell I was getting pretty frustrated lol

Wait, are you trying to get Gohan to spawn by killing off Goten, Trunks and Videl?

Dude, you don't need to do that. I get the bonus objective with Videl still in the fight constantly when no other story NPC has come to help
Thanks, trying to get Broly's outfit.

Nordicus

I just remembered a single funny moment in one of my 2v2 matches

It was me and this random saiyan/human versus this tag team who had sparred a while together and knew each other.

Near the end of the fight, my teammate goes down at the other side of the arena. I knock my melee opponent away, lock on to my ally's body and Psychic Move to him. I start reviving him but I know the other 2 players will find me soon and attack me at once.

The two start using ranged attacks on me. I Psychic move again to get myself invincibility frames. I'm now out of stamina and my partner's only halfway revived. I Pressure Sign, and the counter gives me another small moment of invincibility near my partner.

Partner almost revived but not quite

Now, the melee guy Hellzone Grenades me and my partner revives a fraction of a second before my Pressure Sign counter goes off. Because the counter needs a lockable target, the game decides it should be the faraway ranged character, who I then kick in the back and miraculously deal the killing blow. 1v2 became 2v1 in an instant and we won.

tl;dr: In one fraction of a second I managed to both revive my ally and teleport-kill the other team's glasscannon, because of his teammate's predictable ulti

Welfare

I just remembered a single funny moment in one of my 2v2 matches

It was me and this random saiyan/human versus this tag team who had sparred a while together and knew each other.

Near the end of the fight, my teammate goes down at the other side of the arena. I knock my melee opponent away, lock on to my ally's body and Psychic Move to him. I start reviving him but I know the other 2 players will find me soon and attack me at once.

The two start using ranged attacks on me. I Psychic move again to get myself invincibility frames. I'm now out of stamina and my partner's only halfway revived. I Pressure Sign, and the counter gives me another small moment of invincibility near my partner.

Partner almost revived but not quite

Now, the melee guy Hellzone Grenades me and I my partner revives a fraction of a second before my Pressure Sign counter goes off. Because the counter needs a lockable target, the game decides it should be the faraway ranged character, who I then kick in the back and miraculously deal the killing blow. 1v2 became 2v1 in an instant and we won.

tl;dr: In one fraction of a second I managed to both revive my ally and teleport-kill the other team's glasscannon, because of his teammate's predictable ulti

That's some DBZ level last second save bullshit.

I love it.

Nordicus

That's some DBZ level last second save bullshit.

I love it.
Oh yeah, I was at <10% health too when that counter saved our asses. Had I mistimed that, or had my opponents been less predictable in their offense, I would have died then and there, with my teammate at best trapped in his revival exhaustion animation

Edit: I can only imagine the look on his face when he should have killed me with that ulti, but instead sees this huge KO pop-up with his partner's name on it, and the knocked out body flying into view from behind.

Mobile Suit Gooch

You say that, but just today I met a fantastic tagteam online with whom I sparred for like a dozen matches in a row and every single one of them was really close. One melee character and one ranged glasscannon who didn't spam and actually knew how to fend of enemy melee. The melee guy gave me a Steam friend invite right after the second fight

Are you down for a session?

Nordicus

Are you down for a session?
Not right now, need to fix my sleep schedule a bit and that's something late night matches don't help with in my experience. Any other time's good
inb4 I still stay up for 2 more hours anyway- GODDAMN GET OFF THE COMPUTER, ME!

You can add me on your friendlist if you want, can find me from GAF Xenoverse Steam Group's member list. You should join if you want others to play with, whether co-op or fair PvP

Mobile Suit Gooch

Not right now, need to fix my sleep schedule a bit and that's something late night matches don't help with in my experience. Any other time's good
inb4 I still stay up for 2 more hours anyway- GODDAMN GET OFF THE COMPUTER, ME!

You can add me on your friendlist if you want, can find me from GAF Xenoverse Steam Group's member list. You should join if you want others to play with, whether co-op or fair PvP

I think I have you on PSN.

For the "I am... Super Vegeta" Z-Soul, is it a drop at the end of a mission, or does it drop after beating him in the middle part of the mission like Trunks' jacket usually does? I want to know so I know whether or not restarting in the middle of the mission after beating Vegeta makes a difference.

DedValve

Banned
what this game needs more than anything is the ability to change colors on non racial specific clothing.

I want trunks jacket in red and I want it without the damn cape!

Astral

I just fought a SS4 Goku online and he was teleporting constantly despite him only having like 4 stamina bars. He wasn't doing that dash teleport thing either. It was while he was getting hit. I couldn't do shit. PvP feels strange after all the PvE.

For the "I am... Super Vegeta" Z-Soul, is it a drop at the end of a mission, or does it drop after beating him in the middle part of the mission like Trunks' jacket usually does? I want to know so I know whether or not restarting in the middle of the mission after beating Vegeta makes a difference.

After beating him.

He never poses, and his health bar flickered for a second before instantly recovering back.

I have fought my share of pose users, I have the tankiness and strike supers to munch through their stamina

Edit: ya know what, let me go to Timespace Delivery and check his build

Edit 2: Yup, no pose. Him not flinching would have been explained with the Z-soul, but this guy would have taken damage. His graph is also suspect

Pretty much hacks lol. i feel sorry for the pc version DX The exploits are pretty much rendered useless thanks to my build and you cant really hack for long on xbox before getting banned. But from what i hear people hacking is way to out of control on the
pc ver (&#65439;&#1044;&#65439; )

Muzicfreq

Banned
I just fought a SS4 Goku online and he was teleporting constantly despite him only having like 4 stamina bars. He wasn't doing that dash teleport thing either. It was while he was getting hit. I couldn't do shit. PvP feels strange after all the PvE.

After beating him.

Vanish stepping + Guard teleporting + After Image strike can make it really confusing since it's nothing but teleporting

Astral

Vanish stepping + Guard teleporting + After Image strike can make it really confusing since it's nothing but teleporting

He wasn't using afterimage strike for sure. He teleported while he was blocking every time. Maybe there was a hole in my offense that allowed him to do the dash teleport thing. It was weird.

Mobile Suit Gooch

CAGYqMnXEAAYmM3.jpg:large

got it!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Wait, so Videl has long hair in the first mentor session with her and Gohan, but it's not an actual costume option when you choose her in the char select screen? Laaaaaame.

Also, I don't seem to be gaining any mentor relationship with them despite going on a few PQs with them as teammates and spamming Eagle Kick. Do I need to only use one of them?

patchday

Wait, so Videl has long hair in the first mentor session with her and Gohan, but it's not an actual costume option when you choose her in the char select screen? Laaaaaame.

Also, I don't seem to be gaining any mentor relationship with them despite going on a few PQs with them as teammates and spamming Eagle Kick. Do I need to only use one of them?

did they ask you to bring them the z-soul yet?

I knocked them out today. I just brought both to my PQs. didnt bother with eagle kick

I love Hawk Charge tho and their final skill

Astral

Yeah I don't like PvP. It feels impossible to combo people because of all the teleporting.

EDIT: Fuck After image and why the hell are there so many infinite combos?

Varna

EDIT: Fuck After image and why the hell are there so many infinite combos?

How are you getting caught in infinite combos? Doesn't basically every evade move get you out of it?

But yeah... online matches against meele players is basically a race to make someone waste all their stamina.

"Might as well..." Is kind of ridiculous. One combo and I have an instant 4 bars of ki.

EDIT: What are the requirements for this hidden events in the new PQs? I defeat Goku, Vegeta and Gojeta and get Z rating and nothing...

Astral

How are you getting caught in infinite combos? Doesn't basically every evade move get you out of it?

But yeah... online matches against meele players is basically a race to make someone waste all their stamina.

"Might as well..." Is kind of ridiculous. One combo and I have an instant 4 bars of ki.

EDIT: What are the requirements for this hidden events in the new PQs? I defeat Goku, Vegeta and Gojeta and get Z rating and nothing...

I have like 4 bars of stamina so once that's up then I'm already dead.

Luftwaffle

Neo Member
Ok I got past the Cell part. Now I'm at the part with the 3 majin buus to start. Got past that and now I have to fight like 6 of them at the same time? How did people beat this. It seems like they don't really die. After I killed 2 of them, there's still 6 majin buus :(...

Durden77

I would totally be down to buy the season's pass for this, but they've gotta fix the RNG stuff. I can't spend every night of my adult life grinding in a Dragon Ball game for hours just to not get ultimate finishes randomly.

patchday

Hm, I just cant make sense of this game's lockon system. If I don't keep my lockdown button held down it just randomly selects a different enemy

Is there some trick to this lockon system I don't know or is it just bad??

Starting to get sick of my camera autopitching on PS4. Guess I'll try reinstalling the game. Anyone else has this issue? Sometimes when I boot into the hub the Camera just starts pitching either up/down like its demon possessed. Drives me crazy

I would totally be down to buy the season's pass for this, but they've gotta fix the RNG stuff. I can't spend every night of my adult life grinding in a Dragon Ball game for hours just to not get ultimate finishes randomly.

Yeah the RNG is pretty awful. Guess this the company's first rpg-type thing (basically like Bungie-Destiny) and it shows. Finally figured out I can tryout skills on the other characters. For example, I thought I wanted 'Candy beam'. Then tried playing with Majin Buu. Then discovered the skill wasnt a must have item for me. Saves me time from trying to farm skills that I don't need right now

Philtastic

Ok I got past the Cell part. Now I'm at the part with the 3 majin buus to start. Got past that and now I have to fight like 6 of them at the same time? How did people beat this. It seems like they don't really die. After I killed 2 of them, there's still 6 majin buus :(...

That fight stays 1 vs. 5-6 (I don't remember how many) the whole time: new ones arrive as you KO them. You have to KO some number of them to beat it. Basically, try to isolate one by flying around and do your dash combo, maybe 1 short basic combo, retreat, repeat until you have enough ki for an ultimate, do a big AoE ultimate, and repeat this cycle. Two good ultimates for this are Blue Hurricane and Ultimate Fighting Bomber since they will basically hit all 5-6 of them hovering around you for big damage.

Wait I totally unlocked that costume after I did that mentor session...
1024x576.resizedimage

Nordicus

Nope, just started them. The relationship meter hasn't gone up at all so far.
The mentor progress bar almost seems bugged. If not that, then just horribly designed because the first few and last few fights you have will seem like you're doing no progress at all
Hm, I just cant make sense of this game's lockon system. If I don't keep my lockdown button held down it just randomly selects a different enemy

Is there some trick to this lockon system I don't know or is it just bad??
I've.... never had that happen to me. Unless the enemy goes way out of reach, the lock-on will never pick a new enemy if I keep my hands off the right analog stick
That fight stays 1 vs. 5-6 (I don't remember how many) the whole time: new ones arrive as you KO them. You have to KO some number of them to beat it. Basically, try to isolate one by flying around and do your dash combo, maybe 1 short basic combo, retreat, repeat until you have enough ki for an ultimate, do a big AoE ultimate, and repeat this cycle. Two good ultimates for this are Blue Hurricane and Ultimate Fighting Bomber since they will basically hit all 5-6 of them hovering around you for big damage.
This is also a good opportunity to practice Just Guarding regular Ki Blasts to recover Ki

Nordicus

So I picked the earthling class, and I'm not entirely sure where to dump all my attribute points. Can someone give advice?
You've got both attack boost when Ki is maxed, and natural Ki regeneration, so you can go either melee or ranged, though human male prefers former and female prefers latter a bit in their damage values. Do not however spread yourself too thin, ignore at least 1 attack option out of Attack, Ki Blast Super and Strike Super completely. The more melee heavy you are, the more health and stamina is necessary to simply function, and Ki for ranged

So I picked the earthling class, and I'm not entirely sure where to dump all my attribute points. Can someone give advice?

First, pick whether you want to focus on punching, Strike Supers, or Ki Supers. Then focus only on that single attack stat. You want more Ki points if you're focused in Supers, and more Stamina if you're focused on punching, but having points in both is good.

Top Bottom