• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

Nordicus

i never see anyone even using half this games tech besides my friends. Theres even vanish canceling & counter canceling. people always send me messages saying im hacking lol..
Pffft, and here I faced my first proper cheater.

Dude didn't take damage, didn't flinch, but worst of all played worse than any of the F-rankers I've fought before him. Just spammed Big Bang Kamehameha and Big Bang Attack. I would have slaughtered him had he not given himself immortality. Climbed to D-rank with that BS

If you see this dude on steam, kick him immediately
pazZ6td.jpg

I wish there was a decent report function. Don't think I can really do anything unless I've recorded video footage

Pffft, and here I faced my first proper cheater.

Dude didn't take damage, didn't flinch, but worst of all played worse than any of the F-rankers I've fought before him. Just spammed Big Bang Kamehameha and Big Bang Attack. I would have slaughtered him had he not given himself immortality. Climbed to D-rank with that BS

If you see this dude on steam, kick him immediately

I wish there was a decent report function. Don't think I can really do anything unless I've recorded video footage

Can you be more specific? i know people hack on pc but that honestly sounds like a really good fighting pose F build. it gives you no stagger + you take no damage, instead you take damage to your stamina. so you have to waste super slots with things to help manage your stamina better.

its actually a very flawed build and has many weakpoints. people just arent used to fighting it so when they come up against it they think its hacks & cant handle it, when i reality its very beatable.

Of course he could have been legitimately cheating, but it honestly just sounds like he had a really good fighting pose F build going.

Nordicus

Can you be more specific? i know people hack on pc but that honestly sounds like a really good fighting pose F build. it gives you no stagger + you take no damage, instead you take damage to your stamina. so you have to waste super slots with things to help manage your stamina better.

its actually a very flawed build and has many weakpoints. people just arent used to fighting it so when they come up against it they think its hacks & cant handle it, when i reality its very beatable.

Of course he could have been legitimately cheating, but it honestly just sounds like he had a really good fighting pose F build going.
He never poses, and his health bar flickered for a second before instantly recovering back.

I have fought my share of pose users, I have the tankiness and strike supers to munch through their stamina

Edit: ya know what, let me go to Timespace Delivery and check his build

Edit 2: Yup, no pose. Him not flinching would have been explained with the Z-soul, but this guy would have taken damage. His graph is also suspect

Respect

'I am ..Super Vegeta' should be much higher than a 2-star Z-Soul. One of the best in the game for KI centric Saiyans, imo. It only negs Strike Supers, which you shouldn't be using anyway with Ki builds, and makes any SSJ transformation much more powerful. Super Vegeta 2 essentially becomes Super Vegeta 3 -- that combo does a ridiculous amount of damage.

When I found out it extends SSJ transformations it really became a fav for saiyan characters for me.

Trying to get 100x kahmehameha now, is it worth the trouble? How's damage and wind up compared to final flash, super/perfect ka?

Astral

When I found out it extends SSJ transformations it really became a fav for saiyan characters for me.

Trying to get 100x kahmehameha now, is it worth the trouble? How's damage and wind up compared to final flash, super/perfect ka?

I used Gogeta just to see it and it's exactly like regular big bang kamehameha except stronger. Doesn't seem worth it.

schaft0620

Guys I feel like an idiot, I just started the game. I stalked to Trunks and walked around the 3 areas 5 times, everyone tells me to come back later and all the robot guys tell me they are closed. Please help.

Edit: nvm I got it, had to talk to Trunks again.

patchday

'I am ..Super Vegeta' should be much higher than a 2-star Z-Soul. One of the best in the game for KI centric Saiyans, imo. It only negs Strike Supers, which you shouldn't be using anyway with Ki builds, and makes any SSJ transformation much more powerful. Super Vegeta 2 essentially becomes Super Vegeta 3 -- that combo does a ridiculous amount of damage.

Thanks for the tip! Now that they nerfed my infinite ki z-soul gotta broaden my horizons on my Saiyan. Works great!

void666

Banned
And i thought nothing could be worse than goku and gohan. I was wrong. Add goten and you have a ssj nightmare. I couldn't fucking move because of the kamehameha spam.

Tempted to double dip on the PC version for dat 60fps. Seems like the system requirements are really low as well. Someone else playing on a first gen 15" retina macbook pro? Curious to know how it runs.

And i thought nothing could be worse than goku and gohan. I was wrong. Add goten and you have a ssj nightmare. I couldn't fucking move because of the kamehameha spam.

Guess what the first set of DLC includes?

A Z-Soul that allows you to ignore any attack that's a Kamehameha variant.

I'm planning to play it on Windows 8.1 through bootcamp. Only using that for Beyond Earth at the moment. Your reply and Robobandits one give me good hopes. Robo, may I ask what resolution you play on?

1440x900

I usually game at that resolution on my notebook since it's an even factor of the screen's native resolution and is far less taxing than 1080p or higher

Philtastic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJsivdvHA3M

Neat little video just posted over at gamefaqs. This is a deep game, folks.

That same Bardock player stylin' all over a Super Electric Strike spammer. Even lets them take him to critical health and still wins.

Wow, and this is why I liken this game to Smash Brothers: total noobs can have fun with the game and do reasonably well but that rabbit hole just keeps getting deeper. That's insanely impressive.

Makes me want to get a gamepad instead of using mouse and keyboard because I just can't do side/front-stepping all that well since the camera takes on so many different angles which WASD can't accurately deal with. Even the AI makes me jealous of how it always side-steps my attacks.

Edit:
Tempted to double dip on the PC version for dat 60fps. Seems like the system requirements are really low as well. Someone else playing on a first gen 15" retina macbook pro? Curious to know how it runs.
I've enjoyably played the game on my Surface Pro 2 tablet which has a Core i5-4300U CPU and Intel HD 4400 integrated graphics. Seems to mostly stay over 30 fps at 720p (only problem is in the hub with lots of player characters around), most details off but, due to the art style, it still looks roughly the same. Anything with a video card should smoke this.

1440x900

I usually game at that resolution on my notebook since it's an even factor of the screen's native resolution and is far less taxing than 1080p or higher

Good to know.

I often use 1680x1050 on beyond earth, but drop it to 1440x900 in late-game to keep 60fps and it looks fine with a bit of AA. Too bad mac ports don't work really wel on our laptop (in my opinion). I'll think it over a bit more and then probably get it. Thanks for the info!

randome

1)So this is definitely good for a 10 year old, right?

2)Can more than one person play it at a time?

3)If it cant be played co-op or whatever, is it easy to start another file so that it could be played at the same time but by different people?

Thanks guys!

Welfare

3)If it cant be played co-op or whatever, is it easy to start another file so that it could be played at the same time but by different people?

Thanks guys!

1) It's good for everyone!

2) You can fight another player in 1v1 local battle.

3) You have to beat the story for extra character slots to be unlocked.

Thanks guys!
1. Yes, there are only 2 melee buttons, 1 ki blast and 2 for movement. R triggers speed and additional moves much like KH.
2. Yes online, think locally it is only battle mode.
3. Sadly no, you have to beat the story to get more than 1 character slot. Best thing to do is both decide on what style you like, beat the story together, then make your own character. It is stupidly easy to get to level 80 once you beat the game.

TimFL

So the DLC isn't out yet. Thought so after the hacked together menu additions for PQ and meager 3 quests for both parallel and time patrol.

Hope they add way more content next week (hopefully a few nice skills like Super Saiyan 3).

So the DLC isn't out yet. Thought so after the hacked together menu additions for PQ and meager 3 quests for both parallel and time patrol.

Hope they add way more content next week (hopefully a few nice skills like Super Saiyan 3).
The DLC got delayed a week due to server error issues. PC gamers are laughing it up though.

Anyways, what is the best costume set for KI users? The clothes seems to lean toward melee.

As much as I'd love Super Saiyan 3, I would worry that we'd either get one which is purely a power boost and doesn't change cosmetic appearance or it just swaps the hair out for one or two different models which looks jarring

TimFL

As much as I'd love Super Saiyan 3, I would worry that we'd either get one which is purely a power boost and doesn't change cosmetic appearance or it just swaps the hair out for one or two different models which looks jarring

If it gives the same speed boost you get when going SSJ3 as Goku then I wont care about a different haircut.

But fair enough, there are probably a lot of people who wouldn't want the different hairstyle.

Nordicus

Had Dimps figured how to implement it, I think Tien's Quadruplification technique would have made for a pretty interesting Strike ultimate

If it gives the same speed boost you get when going SSJ3 as Goku then I wont care about a different haircut.

But fair enough, there are probably a lot of people who wouldn't want the different hairstyle.
I just find it a bit jarring is all, I'd rather they just improve Super Saiyan and add Super Saiyan 3 and perhaps 4 in a sequel.

But i'm probably in the minority here.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse : All Hidden Costumes & Accessories (Devilman, Fus...: https://youtu.be/OuM58C2jaxE
Oh look, potential costume DLC. I see lots of Dragonball gear.
Edit: Seems we are getting 2 GT packs and 1 Dragonball. So much for the movies except Future of Trunks huh?

Muzicfreq

Banned
He never poses, and his health bar flickered for a second before instantly recovering back.

I have fought my share of pose users, I have the tankiness and strike supers to munch through their stamina

Edit: ya know what, let me go to Timespace Delivery and check his build

Edit 2: Yup, no pose. Him not flinching would have been explained with the Z-soul, but this guy would have taken damage. His graph is also suspect

Totally not legit. The GT Goku gear he's wearing would shift all those stats to Ki Blast and health also it's near maximum which I havent seen anyone able to do

I think i'll keep my 30fps and lower brightness game to avoid things like that.

Just started the game with the human class (was that a bad choice?) and I'm having fun with it. My only issue is that the controls seem a bit unweildly? I wish when you locked on to someone, you would charge right towards their height in the air without having to ascend or descend at the same time. I find myself whooshing past the enemy too easily. Maybe I just need to get used to it.

Top Bottom