• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

I don't know if this is the right place to post this but I'm absolutely sick of farming this shit.

If anyone has the "You'll Never Beat an Android..." Z-soul I'll buy it off you for 500k

PC version.

Omni

I don't know if this is the right place to post this but I'm absolutely sick of farming this shit.

If anyone has the "You'll Never Beat an Android..." Z-soul I'll buy it off you for 500k

PC version.

It's silly because the game isn't even lacking on content or anything. There's no reason for this RNG loot and stuff.

It's silly because the game isn't even lacking on content or anything. There's no reason for this RNG loot and stuff.

Yeah, like I'm farming for RNG shit on my ALT, after my main is already 80, and missing out on a lot for my alt because I want to gain the exp to get the items for my main.

It's weird, this is super unnecessary.

kaiiri

so I'm pretty sure I checked all pqs and it's not in the game... but the outfit videl wears in pq53 (I think it's that one... where you collect 3 dragon balls and beat broly) ... it's not available anywhere right?

Fuck Bardock's pussy shit ass fucking bullshit dying like a piece of shit nonsense as fuck shit-dickery!

I have never been so angry at a game!

I am literally at 95% health when that SHITPISSER decides to DIE!

Edit: malt liquor may possibly be hindering my performance.

N30RYU

Still struggling to keep Bardock alive, but you know what's really kicking my ass? RNG.

Use that ultra Nappa drop in the PQ4 and try to keep Bardock with 50%, and once Frieza appears, just attack him and don't let him focus on Bardock... Instant Transmision is good to keep track on him and don't let him kill he.

For the first part you can also just follow Bardock spamming again and again the Blue Hurricane don't letting anything come close to him.

Use that ultra Nappa drop in the PQ4 and try to keep Bardock with 50%, and once Frieza appears, just attack him and don't let him focus on Bardock... Instant Transmision is good to keep track on him and don't let him kill he.

For the first part you can also just follow Bardock spamming again and again the Blue Hurricane.

Which Nappa drop from PQ4? I'm about ready to throw my controller against the wall with this Bardock shit.

Which Nappa drop from PQ4? I'm about ready to throw my controller against the wall with this Bardock shit.

The Ultimate called Giant Storm.

Which is the raddest Ultimate even if it weren't so powerful, thanks simply to the shit-eating grin your character gets when s/he uses it.

C30D08D64AA140B6AE1662DAAEAF70CF7904EDC6

If you still have trouble, get Hercule as a mentor until you get his Ultimate, which is a taunt that makes enemies attack you instead of anyone else.

Is it a Strike Ultimate? If not then I can't use it. I built my character for online matches, which is the whole point of the goddamn game, but it seems that unless I've built my character around some niche bullshit for doing PQs I can't even finish the story in the fucking game, which is the epitome of bullshit.

Edit: I need to calm the fuck down and sober up before posting, sorry.

Edit 2: Smashed my keyboard. Time to go to Best Buy...

So I picked the earthling class, and I'm not entirely sure where to dump all my attribute points. Can someone give advice?
Males you should buff Strike and Attack
Females you should buff Ki and Blast.
Healing items voids need for HP. Stamina should be your third stat. Ki is not really needed much for a melee build Once you get Hyper Drain.

patchday

keep bardock alive get Wall of Defense and an AoE ultimate (Giant Storm is great or Recome Bomber). Cake!

[edit]
Is it a Strike Ultimate?

Blue Hurricane is a fairly solid AoE strike. Requires more skill to use then the other ki blast spammers but will get the job done

Your biggest enemy is RNG in regards to acquiring the skills you need

Revven

so I'm pretty sure I checked all pqs and it's not in the game... but the outfit videl wears in pq53 (I think it's that one... where you collect 3 dragon balls and beat broly) ... it's not available anywhere right?

Not as a CaC costume afaik. Videl has it as one of her costumes, though. Actually, she has two versions of it: one with a hat and one without a hat.

Nordicus

Had a decent hour-long sparring session with another Strike user. Back attacks are more consistent than I first thought, so it is possible in theory to win a melee even when it's <1 stamina versus 10 stamina if you got the skill and timing. You just have to remember to tilt analog stick in the enemy's direction and attack when they vanish behind you. The back attack seems to have some invincibility frames or super armor, it'll interrupt most supers and attacks

Also, Arm Crash can hit through Super Electric Strike and render enemy entirely staminaless, because Ulti super armor counts as "guarding" for it, which it breaks

DedValve

Banned
man farming for dragon balls is a pain.

Finally respecced my character now I gotta do this 3 more times just to get the GT characters? holy hell.

DedValve

Banned
And four more after that for the supers and ultimates.

forgot about those ;_;

level up wish is the most useless wish in existence. Maybe if it raised you to max level then it'd be a wish worth having but even then you can probably reach max way faster than it takes to farm 7 dragonballs.

Calcium

Banned
I've been playing this all morning and I'm enjoying it. The combat is a little too hectic for me, but I'm getting used to it. One thing though, maybe I'm doing something wrong but my Ki attacks seem pretty useless. I picked the option to be a ranged attacker in character creation too. It just seems like getting in melee range and getting a combo going always does more damage than using my Kamehameha. Are Ki attacks just weaker in the beginning or am I doing something wrong?

I've been playing this all morning and I'm enjoying it. The combat is a little too hectic for me, but I'm getting used to it. One thing though, maybe I'm doing something wrong but my Ki attacks seem pretty useless. I picked the option to be a ranged attacker in character creation too. It just seems like getting in melee range and getting a combo going always does more damage than using my Kamehameha. Are Ki attacks just weaker in the beginning or am I doing something wrong?

Well, for one Kamehameha honestly isn't very good, at least compared to the wealth of other Ki Blast Super options you get.

For the other, have you been pumping points into your Ki blast stat? Your initial selection of your combat style preference does not change your starting stats, just the skills you start with in your Supers list.

Nordicus

If you picked a male Saiyan, then your ki blast super damage is going to be quite bad compared to your basic punches at the beginning before you've started putting points into ki blast supers during level ups and specializing. You will melt faces later.

And like pureauthor said, standard kamehameha isn't that great. You'll soon find better ki blast moves

Calcium

Banned
Well, for one Kamehameha honestly isn't very good, at least compared to the wealth of other Ki Blast Super options you get.

For the other, have you been pumping points into your Ki blast stat? Your initial selection of your combat style preference does not change your starting stats, just the skills you start with in your Supers list.

If you picked a male Saiyan, then your ki blast super damage is going to be quite bad compared to your basic punches at the beginning before you've started putting points into ki blast supers during level ups and specializing. You will melt faces later.

And like pureauthor said, standard kamehameha isn't that great. You'll soon find better ki blast moves

Yeah, I've been putting my points into Ki, Stamina and Ki Blast. That sucks that Kamehameha isn't that good. I'm enjoying my tactic of charging into melee and beating someone until their back is turned and then blasting them with a Kamehameha. It's pretty satisfying. I just finished up the Saiyan Saga so I'll keep plugging away.

What is the purpose of using the circle button? The Ki blasts don't seem to do much, so I haven't been using it.

Yeah, I've been putting my points into Ki, Stamina and Ki Blast. That sucks that Kamehameha isn't that good. I'm enjoying my tactic of charging into melee and beating someone until their back is turned and then blasting them with a Kamehameha. It's pretty satisfying. I just finished up the Saiyan Saga so I'll keep plugging away.

What is the purpose of using the circle button? The Ki blasts don't seem to do much, so I haven't been using it.

It staggers your opponent so it allows you to close on them if you're flying in their direction. If the enemy is also winding up a Super and you can't fly there in time you can shoot a Ki blast to knock them out of it.

Nordicus

Ki blasts completely stop someone from dashing at you with an attack, and in group battles it's a way to flinch someone without ruining their position for your teammate's combos and ultimates

Can also be used to cheese a bunch of enemies if you're low on health and out of regen at the end of missions, it seems in general the AI is terrible at actually reaching you if you just fly around in circles with circle pressed down spamming those little blasts. They'll just try to fly towards you and eat a bunch or counter them, sometimes not with enough and still taking damage. It's chip damage, but if you have 5mins left and no life, it's easily one of the safest way to beat a fight if there's no other losing conditions. Some characters do react decently to it though or just hit you with ultimates, but some just keep flying into it.

Calcium

Banned
It staggers your opponent so it allows you to close on them if you're flying in their direction. If the enemy is also winding up a Super and you can't fly there in time you can shoot a Ki blast to knock them out of it.

Ki blasts completely stop someone from dashing at you with an attack, and in group battles it's a way to flinch someone without ruining their position for your teammate's combos and ultimates

Ah, ok. Thanks for the info. I can think of more than a few opportunities where I could have used that. Good to know.

TimFL

Got Super Vegeta earlier today on my first try, followed by "I... I am Super Vegeta" Z-Soul and the last Dragon Ball (I re-allocated my skill points to max out Ki and Ki Blasts).

Don't notice that much of a difference in terms of transformation Ki drain with the I am SV Z-Soul though. The 2 extra Ki bars I got from re-allocating help though.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Did you get it right after the first session? Just seems weird that it never showed up for me since that's really the only time in game you see her with the longer hair.

I believe it's through a PQ though I don't recall which one. I unlocked the variant of every character going through those, and I was missing a lot before.

Kinsei

Banned
Does your level affect how effective your AI teammates are? During the mission where you're in Ginyu's body Krillin and Gohan were useless, but when I leveled up twice all of a sudden they were holding their own fairly well.

Moneal

Does your level affect how effective your AI teammates are? During the mission where you're in Ginyu's body Krillin and Gohan were useless, but when I leveled up twice all of a sudden they were holding their own fairly well.

Their stats get better as you level. So their health and damage went up. I doubt their AI changed any.

Edit: Well I don't know how it works in the story missions.

patchday

Is there a way for the host of an online lobby to tell what level people are? I'm thinking of booting super low levels that land in my lobby when it's set to a PQ 50+. I really wouldn't mind freeloaders so much as long as they have the good sense to bring healing items. Unfortunately, the really bad scrubs never do have any on them.

If there isn't a way I'll just set my lobbies to only accept folks around my level range. But that's a shame, because someone around L40 or more is good to go

That was the only part I had to replay a few times. Keeping them alive was a pain.

The GT content was pretty fun actually. Wish there were a little more. Anyone else think the geometry in the demolished city section looks a little unfinished, though?

Raxious

Man, I do like the game but I'm getting so sick and tired of farming. Even considering turning in the game for FF Type-0 later this week.

Muzicfreq

Banned
It's Weird. This is a B tier game through and through. But I'm having a great time with it.
Because AAA games mean nothing these days and rating games like that is a horrible idea since most AAA games are not focusing in the right directions and are just cash grabs while B tier games actually focus on creating a fun/engaging game.

Just my opinion on the whole AAA AA ect. Mumbo jumbo in the gaming industry

Did you get it right after the first session? Just seems weird that it never showed up for me since that's really the only time in game you see her with the longer hair.

Pretty sure it was right after the first session yeah. Don't know if anyone else can confirm but I'm pretty sure it was there after that.

Gintamen

Just finished the Saiyajin attack time mission and unlocked those NPCs, I assume those are randomly generated and not really user characters made NPS. ... What I want to know is when the online tournament will be unlocked. Or is it a mistake on my part for not being connected to the server?

Top Bottom