• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

Maligna

Banned
So I'm a big dummy and it only now just occurred to me that I can extend my time as a Super Saiyan by charging my ki. This opens a whole new world of possibilities. Haha.

First time i got booted out of my game by a server error even thought i was playing in a single lobby .( PS4 EU)

What a stupid design ..

I guess there is a first time for everything .....

patchday

PQ19 has been kicking my butt for some reason. I'm starting to wonder if Instant Transmission is even worth this.

its not. I went out of my way to get it and never use it

Man getting tired of pq 53 myself. Broly never going to drop his 'pants' (loot lol!) for me. Don't need the pants. But would be nice to complete my collection

Firehead

Alright, I picked this up on Steam. The DBZ movie announcement got me hyped. Anything I should know before jumping into the game?

TimFL

PQ19 has been kicking my butt for some reason. I'm starting to wonder if Instant Transmission is even worth this.

It's only good if you have a target. It has a small delay before you teleport and if you are too far away it teleports you infront of the target (can end bad if they cast a Ki blast). If you are close to the target you appear behind it.

You can buy it from the skill shop though so no need to grind for it.

Philtastic

I'm finding that, for 1 vs. many PQ fights, it's generally just better to bring some AI or players along with you unless you really want a challenge. The 1 vs. many fights definitely seem designed for you to have multiple people on your side rather than have them all focussed on you. I found this to be especially true for some of the PQs where you have 2-4 boss (purple) enemies after you where even ultimate spam might not be enough since you might run out of ki before any of them go down. I realized this when I was bringing along Gohan and Videl to boost their mentor level and found it to be a much more relaxing experience.

I find that Instant Transmission is only good for ultimate/super spam because it allows you to get back into range very quickly of your enemy that has been sent flying so that you can continue the spam.

Man, I do like the game but I'm getting so sick and tired of farming. Even considering turning in the game for FF Type-0 later this week.

I'm burning out probably before you. I've got six hours, and I just find the game to be repetitive at the moment. I just can't dig it as much as people here.

patchday

It's only good if you have a target. It has a small delay before you teleport and if you are too far away it teleports you infront of the target (can end bad if they cast a Ki blast). If you are close to the target you appear behind it.

You can buy it from the skill shop though so no need to grind for it.

Ah that's how I got that one then cause I cant recall grinding for it at all

I find that Instant Transmission is only good for ultimate/super spam because it allows you to get back into range very quickly of your enemy that has been sent flying so that you can continue the spam.

That's clever

Nordicus

My friend tried to use it to "surprise Eagle Kick" me into a combo but it didn't ever work out well because I could see him using Instant Transmission and always had a block or counter prepared. Might have worked if we had some visual blockage between us, maybe.

He was way more clever in other areas. That man managed to Just Guard my Pressure Sign counter, that's a major jawdropper.

Edit: This video of a local PvP fight is pretty nice. Furious melee going on

Had a decent hour-long sparring session with another Strike user. Back attacks are more consistent than I first thought, so it is possible in theory to win a melee even when it's <1 stamina versus 10 stamina if you got the skill and timing. You just have to remember to tilt analog stick in the enemy's direction and attack when they vanish behind you. The back attack seems to have some invincibility frames or super armor, it'll interrupt most supers and attacks

Also, Arm Crash can hit through Super Electric Strike and render enemy entirely staminaless, because Ulti super armor counts as "guarding" for it, which it breaks

Its actually quite easy to avoid back attacks if you vanish cancel jump back or one of the other vanish counter cancels.. someone with a ton of stamina bars vs someone with almost none will most definitely have a wild advantage.

ALSO This is still the greatest fight to date.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sy1AoTbGEfE

I have yet to see anyone come close to this level of action, and the funny thing is, these players are only using half the games cancel tech in this vid.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
chapter 12 for dragon balls which other chapter 15 ? if so how ?

Nordicus

Its actually quite easy to avoid back attacks if you vanish cancel jump back or one of the other vanish counter cancels.. someone with a ton of stamina bars vs someone with almost none will most definitely have a wild advantage.
Oh yeah, heck, even a simple hop backwards can avoid a back attack, which I experienced today thanks to my other PvP buddy. Personally I tend to cross my fingers for a Just Guard when I vanish from combo. Tends to work out

I have yet to see anyone come close to this level of action, and the funny thing is, these players are only using half the games cancel tech in this vid.
HOLY SHIT!

I have seen this fight before, but now knowing the mechanics I can appreciate the play here far more.

However, I didn't say that the fight I showed was high level play. It is fun to watch though.

Oh yeah, a simple hop backwards can avoid a back attack, which I experienced today thanks to my other PvP buddy. Personally I tend to cross my fingers for a Just Guard when I vanish from combo. Tends to work out

HOLY SHIT!

I have seen this fight before, but now knowing the mechanics I can appreciate the play here far more.

However, I didn't say that the fight I showed was high level play. It is fun to watch though.

I was just jumping on the opportunity to post that vid XD i know this games potential and its sad to see the amount of insanely desperate people either exploiting bugged z souls or flat out spamming.

Even though I Have a build that completely destroys spammers and z soul glitchers(even the infinite health one) alike, i want people to actually get good so i can have real fights in ranked. like the ones i have against my friends.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
chapter 12 for dragon balls which other chapter 15 ? if so how ?

2 is the other quick one. After you beat krillin/tien/yamcha a patroller might appear right in front of the building.

2 is a faster mission overall but you have to keep redoing the intro fight to check for a patroller spawn compared to 12 being right at the start. It also feels like the last two dragonballs have a lower chance to drop from the few times I've got them all.

Tsunamo

2 is the other quick one. After you beat krillin/tien/yamcha a patroller might appear right in front of the building.

2 is a faster mission overall but you have to keep redoing the intro fight to check for a patroller spawn compared to 12 being right at the start. It also feels like the last two dragonballs have a lower chance to drop from the few times I've got them all.
There's also 18, but that's basically a redux of mission 12 anyway.

And yeah, the RNG rate gets lower and lower the more you get so the last two or three are always a pain to farm.

Cody_D165

Banned
Just getting started with this game, loving the Steam port so far.

Shoutouts to the greatest fan character I have seen in the lobby yet, PilsburyDoughboy.

4AD84D3308E0DFB645980743B4C25AEA622240F8

patchday

Oh snap Broly finally dropped his trunks for me lol (PQ 53). Just when I finally figured out the fastest way to solo farm it (online PQs could be a little risky- sometimes a newbie would turn in the dragonball before Broly was dead and mess up the random encounter spawn)

I feel bad for asking this, but how fast do these games come down in price? I have to go to a wedding in another country next week and there are loads of games releasing so my intrigue in this game can only be matched by a lower price.

Recall

Just got the game and I suck at movement during combat. I can do a combo string and follow up with x to get behind them but actually chasing them down with dash I just tend to spin in circles around them rather than getting in their face.

Also trunks has started speaking through the speaker on the controller and I don't know how to turn it off. It only hapoened suddenly so in not sure if I triggered it with a button press but now it won't stop.

Just picked this game up yesterday and it's surprisingly a crapton of fun. The multiplayer focus really is what makes this game for me. I'm having fun just dicking around in PQs with people trying to farm drops and testing out my character.

First time i got booted out of my game by a server error even thought i was playing in a single lobby .( PS4 EU)

What a stupid design ..

I guess there is a first time for everything .....

Yeah. How they didn't think to make it optional is beyond me. Especially when Namco is known for having such terrible servers.

patchday

I don't know if this is the right place to post this but I'm absolutely sick of farming this shit.

If anyone has the "You'll Never Beat an Android..." Z-soul I'll buy it off you for 500k

PC version.

just farmed that on ps4. Took 5 tries. Good news is it doesnt appear attached to the random event when Cell shows up

Heroman

Banned
So I learned today that you can use items on online, some guy kept letting the time run and heal at late as possible and win

Durden77

What is auto patrol? I turned on my game the other day and I got some stuff from an auto patrol. Don't remember ever starting anything like that.

Muzicfreq

Banned
I was just jumping on the opportunity to post that vid XD i know this games potential and its sad to see the amount of insanely desperate people either exploiting bugged z souls or flat out spamming.

Even though I Have a build that completely destroys spammers and z soul glitchers(even the infinite health one) alike, i want people to actually get good so i can have real fights in ranked. like the ones i have against my friends.

what system are you on? I play legit and actually try to not spam and use non overpowered souls. I think I do fairly decent.

Nordicus

Has this happened to anyone else? A gift from the system, in the form of: A DRAGON BALL.
Weekly log-in reward. Gonna be another dragon ball every week
What is auto patrol? I turned on my game the other day and I got some stuff from an auto patrol. Don't remember ever starting anything like that.
It's when your character appears as a challenger to be beat up for their dragon ball in a PQ. I think

Tsunamo

https://www.facebook.com/DBZ.videogames/posts/986071661403941

Turns out there is only 3 PQ's in the first DLC pack afterall rather than 12, that's rather disappointing. Seeing the story missions it feels a bit expensive standalone, even with the season pass if that's the base it feels a bit steep, think I might wait for a DLC sale eventually if i'm patient. After the first DLC covering the first half of GT, the second covering the second half, along with Revival of Freeza releasing in April (i'm starting to think the DLC packs might be monthly) I wonder if the final one have a Revival of Freeza story scenerio.

Also the DLC comes out this week on platforms other than steam as many suspected.
Weekly log-in reward. Gonna be another dragon ball every week
Oh really? I thought it was just a one off, that's neat. It's super handy for DragonBall farming to save time from RNG if you don't get that star ball too.

MAX PAYMENT

That was pretty awesome. I plan on making a saiyan for me 2nd character. It didn't look like either his stamina or killed was draining when he went SSJ. How does SSJ work?

Top Bottom